Candlewood Suites Employee Reviews in United States

Hotel Life
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2015
It was great to work in a hotel environment. I just did not like having to do laundry as well as the front desk jobs. And there was no health benefits.
Good job, unpredictable hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 2, 2015
I liked working at Candlewood, however they would not work with my schedule after a while. They let me work my weekend job for a few months and then suddenly it became a problem, and they threatened to cut my hours. I worked twice as hard for twice as long, so I gave up candlewood to do my job on the weekends. That job is not enough money to live off of, but is way more enjoyable and its way easier. They also fired half of the original staff because they got new management, so I knew it was a matter of time. I feel like this environment is unprofessional, and you do not get paid enough for the amount of work that you do.
Pros
Would not recommend.
Cons
See for yourself.
Quite possibly the best job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 14, 2015
This was the best job I have ever held, the people on both ends of the counter were wonderful, and the job itself was rewarding and fun. Couldn't ask for a better place to work.
Pros
Discounted rooms; Great environment
Cons
Conventions!
Great learning experience and knowledgeable staff
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJMay 5, 2015
Responsible for fulfilling all guests requests and providing maintenance to all aspects of the hotel. Tended to the grounds of the hotel and made sure they were presentable at all times. Did maintenance work around the hotel if needed.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough hours offered
Great job to have
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 5, 2015
Meeting regional sales objectives through forecasting and budgeting. Maintaining our current customer base while identifying new business opportunities. Recommending new products to existing accounts to grow our business. Being the first point of contact for customers and prospects to represent our company. Working with inside sales to coordinate customer orders. Provide companies in the metal building industry top of the line building products for their accessory needs.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Hours
great place to work
Front Desk Lead (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 4, 2015
This hotel was fun and I loved working there. I only left because I felt that I was being treated unfairly, but I loved most the employees.
Negative work environment
Head of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 1, 2015
I was wonder woman so I felt, I believe that this hotel was ran by the wrong people, I was uncomfortable and everyday I felt on edge because here it's every man/woman for their-self, NOT A TEAM there was no TEAM WORK...I have been in the hospitality field for almost 10 years an I have never witnessed an environment like this. I hated waking up everyday and going to work, I worked hard for this hotel and everyday I regret it. I never could talk to anyone at the job as far as issues because I never knew anyone that worked here that would step up and do the right thing, I was alone here and I could do nothing so I left.
Pros
NONE
Cons
No team work
Fun place to work, Great Management
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 26, 2015
I enjoy working here, the staff is awesome and the ownership/management is solid. Great work environment! Good hours and flexible schedule
loved it
Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 21, 2015
typical day on the internship was so much fun, learning everyday the day by day stuff about working at a hotel. management there was awesome. the co workers were laid back and nice. the most fun was learning all the new things that a hotel has to offer. and the hardest part is just every different thing you can do at a hotel, and to choose just one.
Nasty!
Front Desk Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2015
I have nothing good to say about this place. Management was awful! the place was run down and was under staffed. Just a bad place to work and a worst place to stay
No Room For Advancement
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 16, 2015
Front Desk Clerks had to do EVERYTHING from take out all the trash in the building to wash, dry and sort bedding/towels.

Great Hotel Discounts.
Productive work plsce
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work is just checking guests in and out. Folding laundry,answering phones, and billing for guests checking out the following morning. I love working for this company I am just ready for a change and an increase of salary.
benefits
Cons
working weekends
nice place to work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 7, 2015
The people are very friendly I would referral anyone to a job like this. I love the hotel industry. the mangers are friendly and understanding
Pros
hotel discount
Cons
nothing
Excellent
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Parachute, COApril 3, 2015
I have enjoy Candlewood Suites very much. Candlewood is a great brand. Parachute, CO is a beautiful place. Great fishing in the area.
Laid back work environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work would be checking guests in to the computer, cleaning areas, and filing paperwork. I learned lots of patience and customer service skills. I really enjoyed being around other people in an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
being around people
Cons
no benefits or raises
Work environment is very busy from Spring to Fall with good teamwork, great PTO
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlMarch 22, 2015
Job as a housekeeper here can be easy going but sometimes tiring when having lots of check outs. Great team to work with.Room to grow and raises.
Pros
vacation and personal time off, incentives each month, lunches, and benefits
Cons
needs a new break room
Strained communication!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 21, 2015
Owner/management company made it such a struggle to perform the task and hand and keep good scores. Didn't want to provide basic needs to make guest experience a positive one.
Great staff and management
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, WyomingMarch 16, 2015
Typical day at work first thing in the morning is to restock our carts, check the departing guest rooms, stay overs, and any extended stay guests requesting housekeeping on unscheduled days. Sweep and mop lobby and main restrooms as well as cleaning and replenishing main restrooms toiletries.
The management team at the Candlewood Suites that I am employed with is great. They are supportive, easy to communicate with and team players as well. I enjoy working with my co-workers at this hotel from the management to general staff.
The hardest part of my day is if we have 45 checkouts and stay over rooms that we clean as well it can get tiring.
The most enjoyable part of the day is our breaks it gives us a chance to unwind for a bit and regroup.
One of my favorite jobs
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 15, 2015
It was generally very busy, I definitely learned alot of patience and how to be around alot of people. My manager Kristy was awesome. My co-workers and I always got along never any problems. The hardest part of my job was the laundry. The most enjoyable part was meeting different people from different places.
Night Auditor and worked alone from 11pm to 7am
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 10, 2015
I prepared all paper work at night from all the check ins and check outs daily. I learned to be very precise because the work was very meticulous. Co-workers were not reliable with relieving me on time after my shift. I would have to wait around sometimes for about an hour or hour and a half. Remind you I also had class which started at 8:30am. The hardest part of my job was being alone without security. I had to play the role of security, which I love being in charge but just what if something happened that I was not trained to do therefore making me responsible for about 190 guests. I enjoyed my job just not the co-workers.
Pros
working alone
Cons
having no security on duty.