Candlewood Suites Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 17, 2016
Very fast paced hotel, typical day consists of answering all hotel phone calls, making and taking reservations, answering guest questions and helping them with their concerns. Candlewood is an extended stay hotel, so guest rooms are serviced one time a week, so front desk is responsible for guest linen exchanges, and provided any additional services the guest may need, we also help with laundry.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
No breaks
Its a enjoying in a quiet work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 11, 2016
Every body respectable it's not a very big hotel but luxury rooms in front of the Airport nice to relax when you are in town it has kitchen,bedrooms,living room make you think your home , Down stairs they have there on Sankbar and more , store
Great place to work flexible schedule.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXNovember 8, 2016
Candlewood Suites is a great place for employment. I enjoyed my short time working there, the owner and management team is very supportive and understanding. The Candlewood Suites management team rewards their employees by the hard work we put in, sometimes cake and ice cream or just pizza as a token of appreciation which motivates the staff to continue to go above and beyond.
Pros
promptly responds to request. great hours, flexible schedule
Cons
pay rate
Upbeat and hands on work place
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 4, 2016
a typical work day at candlewood could be fairly fast paced, on a daily basis you can learn a handful of new things, as far as new people and their living style peferences. the hotel business has extremely high turn over rates because employees don't quite realize until after they're in the position that hotels are open 24/7, 365 days a year and on holidays, so that makes extremely stressful whenever it's hard to find good dependable co-workers. That has to be the hardest part about working in the hotel business. Most enjoyable part is being the face of the company and starting someone's stay off the right way, being whenever they first walk into the door.
Pros
employee rates for personal stays.
Cons
turnover rates
Dont care about people, snakes.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYOctober 30, 2016
They don't care about anything but money. They will fire you for nothing and then contest unemployment insurance untill the end. They are snakes and I would rather work at McDonalds then at Candlewood SUITES Gillette which is operated by Timberline Hospitalities out of Casper.
Good Job
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 26, 2016
It's a cool Job its just very boring. Its easy but the pay could be better. There is a problem keeping staff. The hardest part of My job is finding things to keep my busy.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benefits
A typical day
Executive Housekeeper/ Front desk manager (Current Employee) –  Medford OregonOctober 25, 2016
Working with front desk making sure everything is running smooth and if there are any problems that we are working to solve them, managing housekeeping, ordering products, managing schedules.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
no healthcare
Productive workplace.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXOctober 18, 2016
Productive workplace. Learned a lot about customer service and computer systems. The hardest part of the job was working over nights, but I did enjoy talking with guests and folding sheets.
Pros
Communication
Cons
No healthcare
Fun Place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 9, 2016
Nice place to work never had a Boss that actually cared about his employees very family orintated Clean and they take pride in the hotel I recommend this place to anyone travleing this area
The empolyees are great
Guest Service Representive (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 6, 2016
I enjoy working with all the guests and helping in all the departments that need me. I set up our managers reception and a small breakfast for our guests and have become close to our regulars to provide them with the best guest service we can give.
Great workplace
Loyalty Champion (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 30, 2016
Many chances for advancement. Managers are nice, work is great. Very flexible with work hours. A typical workday is very flowing. lots of guests and lots of activities to accomplish.
productive envieonment great freindly people to work with
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  7103 N NavarroSeptember 28, 2016
Overall it was it was a homely & had a great team/crew that worked very well together. Guests were always a pleasure as well.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
overnights
loved the staff
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
loved everyone i work with, but i feel there's very little room for advancement. the hotel seemed run down with very litte effort for the up keep. but the staff was amazing
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 13, 2016
Housekeeping was an okay job. A typical day of work was tiring and busy all the time. My co-workers and the supervisor was very helpful. Management was okay I guess but I hardly ever got any hours. The hardest part of the job was trying to finish all rooms in that days time. I enjoyed the atmosphere and environment itself.
Fast pace cleaning job.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 13, 2016
its just a basic job. just regular housekeeping. there isn't any pros or cons to it, either you do your jjob or u don't. there's a lot of cleaning a lot of lifting a lot of moving so you need to be able to perform the task and make sure you have the ability to do so I'm just a regular girl looking for a better job
i like this company
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 9, 2016
i really enjopyed worknig for this company.to me they really helped me in grow in the customer service field i learned to have more patiece and to understand that customer service goes beyond the hello
Awesome place to work!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 2, 2016
My job here is great. I work with many awesome people. Management is awesome. I love meeting new people everyday. It keeps me on my yoes
Unorganized and full of bullies
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Avondale, LAAugust 26, 2016
Workers were clearly not treated equally. One of the housekeepers would consistently go through checkout rooms early in the morning before anyone else got there and occasionally strip the rooms. I know for a fact she stole tips from rooms and would go into rooms right after patrons checked out in order to take whatever she wanted from them. She was generally negative and completely rude to staff and customers alike, but has never been reprimanded for any of this. That being said I absolutely love the job and the customers. I genuinely enjoy taking care of our patrons and their pets, and our managers try hard to make us feel comfortable, but some of the other housekeepers have made it an incredibly hostile and frustrating environment to work in.
Pros
Love the job itself, got to meet new people, actual bosses were kind and understanding
Cons
Coworkers made my work day terrible
Fun workplace, met lots of people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work included checking in/out guests, communication with housekeeping, attended to all of guests needs ,answered phones, made reservations, accepted payments, helped fold laundry, and communicate with maintenance to resolve issues.
I learned how to work on the hotel industry computer software and about the hotel industry from the inside.
Management was pretty good, but unable to hire me fulltime, so I had to quit.
hardest part of the job was folding laundry.
Awesome co-workers, great team atmosphere.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all kinds of guests from all over.
Pros
Loved meeting pepple, great team atmosphere
Cons
long 12 hr days and no room for advancement during my time of employment
fun place
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cotulla, TXAugust 23, 2016
good place to work at opportunity's to advance some days where slow other days where busy this job made me challenge myself loved the great experience .
Pros
discount rooms
Cons
stressfull at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Candlewood Suites. Our community is ready to answer.