Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites Employer Reviews

AWFUL
Receptionist (Former Employee), McAlester, OKAugust 15, 2013
Management, associates, receptionists, no matter who it was that worked here, they were all rude and unhelpful. I learned absolutely nothing from anyone, everything was self taught.
Great place to grow in career
Front Desk/ Night Auditor Agent (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: eat whenever you are free and all guest has been taking of
Cons: not being able to leave for luch breaks
A typical day at work is guesting guest enacting with extended stay guest make reservations physical and over the phone

By working here I have gained alot of knowledge about the in/outs of a hotel how finances work, and how to setup and sell to company so their employees could stay with doing their travel

I have great co-workers, we all work together – more... well.

The hardest apart my job would be telling a guest a room is out of order to sell or that we are sold out for the night. My goal is to make every guest feel welcomed and have a place to stay for the night.

The most enjoyanle part about my job would be meeting new who are traveling from varies of places and never been to the city and asking alot of questions and me having all the answers to make their time here excellent to visit again! – less
ok
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 9, 2013
Job does offer good benefits but there is minimal job advancement if you do not have secondary education, and the corporate management does not understand or appreciate the day to day duties.
Productive and great working enviroment.
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXAugust 2, 2013
Pros: excellent management and pay.
Cons: no insurance options.
I worked for Nancy Patel at Candlewood Suites in Mount Pleasant, Texas. Nancy is a excellent general manager, she provides a excellent working environment and encourages you to continue your education. Always positive and prompt for work each and every day. Nancy is a leader and teacher of the hotel industry.
easy and laid back people to work with
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2013
Pros: great guest working with public
Cons: management
Great fun with people working there, low stress and easy to do
No Type of structure
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Avondale, LAJuly 16, 2013
This really is not the job for me. I have worked here since they opened 2 years ago and the company just received direct deposit
front desk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 14, 2013
a typical day is hard. I learn a lot of the business really ast
A decent college job, not a career
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2013
Does not go out of their way to provide a future in the company.
Very productive people oriented work place
Front Desk Supervisor/ Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2013
Pros: deals on flights and hotel rooms
Cons: no breaks health benifits
A typical day at work begins with making sure that all guest are happy, handling all guest related issues, and selling customer service to the best of my ability.
I learned that Having honesty along with being very dependable will get you far in a wok environment it.
Management was great they maintained very high guest scores not only making guest happy – more... but their employees to. I was also part of management.
I am people person so I get along very well with co-workers and also guest.
Really there is no hard parts of the job as long as you can deal with lots of people.
The most important part of the job is meeting all different types of people. – less
Easy Job for a college student.
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJuly 4, 2013
Pros: general manager, laid back, socilizing
Cons: really no breaks, can never get off for holiday's, and the owner of the company.
The emplyees that i work with are great and can't say enough good things about the General Manager. A typical day isn't to bad you keep pretty busy with checking in guest and keeping up with laundry. The hardest part is having a lot of guest arriving and your the only one at the front desk and trying to finish laundry for the next day. Most enjoyable – more... is interacting with some of the guest get a lot of different personallitys that you meet and get to talk to all over the world. – less
Good crew at candlewoods
Front Desk/GSR/Assistant of Operations (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2013
Pros: discounts on rooms
Cons: short breaks
clock in, count the cashier, get all the checking in guest printed out with keys pre made, help guest with check out, or anyother needs they might have had, check the mail daily, take out trash before snift ends, answer phone calls, make reseverations.
Not the same
GSR (Former Employee), Elkhart, INJune 15, 2013
It's changed a lot from when I worked there, but like most hotels, it's not the most pleasant job to have. Too much work, not enough pay.
Nice
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJune 11, 2013
I loved it here! Just would have loved more money! I enjoyed working alone, kept me out of your normal office jargon.
Simple extended stay hotel with a relaxed atmosphere
Front Desk Clerk & IT Administrator (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 30, 2013
Pros: minimal training required
Cons: very low pay
A good place to work during college years, but no room for advancement or growth.
Don't bother
Breakfast Bar Attendant/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Meridian, IDMay 26, 2013
Not a very fun place to work. Don't bother. Just stay away from this place.
Productive and Fun work[ place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), farmington,hills MIMay 25, 2013
Pros: clean environment
Cons: long drive
This was a great place to work,friendly staff and clean building
Annoying
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMay 13, 2013
Cons: listed above
Nice people. No advancement, The pay sucked. the placewas opened too soon. hopefully they are doing better
Had a blast working with CW
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEApril 22, 2013
Pros: discounted room rates
Cons: pay
Loved my 3 years working with CW.
I was able to use my previously learned skills at this job. Dealt with everyday issues, met awesome people and loved management.
Don't work here!
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Joplin, MOApril 10, 2013
Pros: the hours
Cons: poor treatment of employees
If you believe in values and being treated with respect don't work here! I would not recommend this place to anyone! I was warned before I worked for them they were a bad company to work for. I wish I would have listened then. It is not a professional environment! The management all the way to corporate does not care about their employees. They repremand – more... and belittle their employees IN FRONT of other employees and customers to see. This is not how a hotel should be ran. Gossip is spread around and management gets involved in the gossip and bad mouth each employee behind their back and then when they are with that person they bad mouth someone else. They don't communicate problems and they make promises up front that they have no intention of keeping. Its one thing for coworkers to act this way but managers are supposed to be an example for others and rise above it. – less
love working here
Receptionist (Current Employee), Colonial Heights, VAApril 2, 2013
Pros: great hours and employees
Cons: horrible pay
great place to work, great staff the pay just sucks. great hours and you meet all kinds of people

About Candlewood Suites

Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT) rolls out the welcome mat for the road-weary. The real estate investment trust (REIT) owns nearly – Read more

Candlewood Suites Photos