Canisius College Employee Reviews in United States

Great Experience
Softball Manager - MAAC Division I (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 14, 2016
Working with Canisius Softball was a very rewarding experience that took me to places and gave me better experiences than I could have ever dreamt of. College here was great as well, the people there are the nicest and are always willing to personally help.
Canisius Review
Division 1 Student Athlete (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 29, 2016
Canisius College has provided me an environment to thrive in athletically, academically, and socially. Being in a metropolitan area gives students the opportunity to expand their experiences and social circle.
Set up tables and ran events of all different types
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Student CenterJune 14, 2016
Good part time job for college students. Some heavy lifting. Receptionist work. Must be people friendly because you run different events such as concerts, graduations, speeches, etc.
Enjoyed working for my professor. Helped me learn a lot about family business management.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 3, 2016
Working for my professor allowed further my knowledge of family business management. Weekly meetings with professor kept me up-to-date on what was expected of me and what work needed to be done for that week. We also use frequent communication through email. Created outlines and Power Points for different topics including governance, values, transition of power in family business and others.
Fun place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2016
Very clique like, limited diversity.
Easy to make one feel like they are on the outside looking in. Racism is very clear.
Pros
free housing
Cons
limited diversity
Totally worth it for the experience
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 24, 2016
Joining a student research team as an ABEC major will help you go far in the future. Regardless of what you do, the professors are great and helpful, the other students are awesome, and the experience is helpful. Expect to participate in a large project at the end of the year for Ignatian Scholarship Day.
A typical day at work
Part-time Adjunct ASL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 13, 2015
Excellent work place with supportive Director and Director Assistant. Good space to teach students. The most enjoyable part of the job is having students participate in the cultural events outside their class.
Pros
technology and resources available
Cons
parking lots
.A great place to work.
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 18, 2015
A great place to work and go to school. great supervisors and co-workers. Excellent hours. I enjoyed working out doors and interacting with nature.
Productive and fun place
Adminstrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 13, 2015
Job was wonderful, I help the student get all the document they need to study abroad and call them in case they forgot to pick up or bring their document.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
not too busy
Great learning experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 10, 2015
I worked with a great group of people and was able to learn a great deal of information that helped me as I grew professionally.

Want to know more about Canisius College?

Ask a question
Great atmosphere and nice people
Summer Ground Crew (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 9, 2014
This job is great while being a student. A typical day is full of work but is easily managed and management helps you accomplish it. The workers are in my experience hard workers and get the job done well. The compensation is not the best but it's still a decent job.
Professional place to work
Military Science Instructor and Training Official (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 7, 2014
Instruct students in military skills and leadership techniques and styles. Advise students on good time management skills in order to achieve timely success of their degrees and commission as Second Lieutenants into the United States Army. Coordination of training locations and materials. Counsel and Mentor students in life skills as well as those skills required for smooth transition into military life.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 5, 2014
o Proctored exams as well as was a scribe/reader for students with academic needs
o Scanned and/or enlarged textbooks and course materials
o Upload notes to an online web-based system that allows students to access the information
o Handled any incoming calls or students stopping in that need assistance
Pros
all positive
Cons
pay
Productive and interesting workplace
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 26, 2014
Making phone calls to alumni to update their contact information, update their employment information and make requests for donations.
Productive, Engaging and Exciting
External Affairs Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 19, 2014
Canisius College was a great place to learn about the daily responsibilities of an Athletics Department. The people there are friendly, outgoing and willing to help and collaborate on different tasks. A great place to learn and work with others!
I feel a part of a family with the majority of co-workers
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Education departmentJune 6, 2014
I started out in a department that brought so many offices and co-workers to a unity of opportunities. We became a family of sorts and together we practiced the Jesuit Ideal and were there with and for others.

I have witnessed my family, of sorts, grow into an amazing group of people and friends! People I can see in and outside of work.
This was a wonderful place to work for me.
Facilities Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYFebruary 21, 2014
This wa a wonderful place to work for me and very fulfilling.
Interesting place to work
reset passwords
unlocked rooms for faculty
stocked labs with paper
answer phones
Pros
rich learning envirnoment
Cons
pay
school
ATS (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 17, 2013
a lot harder during my freshman and sophmore year at school. Although it got busier with clinical, the coursework was easier.
Good place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 16, 2012
This was a good place to work for. I gained many skills here. I learned how to multitask and how to work as a member of team.

4.6