Canon Solutions America Employee Reviews

Micromanaged down to the minutes or cent
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2017
Upper management has no clue on how to treat employees or empower them to make business decisions as you are micro managed to the limit and have no say in anything you do
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Upper Management
learning experience
Digital Device Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJAugust 9, 2017
great place to work. fast paced environment. as the month progresses the workload gets heavier. room for career advancement. great company to work for.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
Not a good place to work if you are looking to advance
Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 8, 2017
Low opportunity for advancement and little employee engagement by management. Low raises with average benefits package. Workplace culture tends to foster mediocrity.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Office Location unsitely
Canon growth
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2017
Canon continues to expand in the copier market. The responsibilities are ever changing and evolving. The hardest part of the job is the daily continued focus on being numbers driven from middle management.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Industry has tight profit margain
It is ok
Outside Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2017
not bad, if you want to get into sales, you need to work hard, and there is a lot of expectations, the commissions, and pay is not that great, and you could probably make more elsewhere
Good clients and technical work, poor leadership
Digital Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2017
Management cares more for numbers than it does employees or it's customers. The leadership is comically horrible. The balance between work and life was good. Excellent hours. The difference between training and field work is significant. They expect instant results without allowing a time period to learn the job or acclimate to their culture of numbers first. A customer service related company that cares nothing for its customers.
Cons
see review.
Busy, disorganized and way too much OT
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NJJuly 9, 2017
Though I learned quite a bit most of it was through trail and error. There is virtually no training process or period at all since those in charge are more concerned with just getting the work done.

Management is inconsistent in how they manage their workers. The greater demand of the work the less professional they get. Workers often have to take action in areas that they should have already addressed.

Workplace culture is fairly decent. I got a long well with most of the staff with the exception of 2 or 3.

The hardest part of the job is easily the ridiculous amount of mandatory overtime hours your forced to work in the final 12-10 days of each month. Especially if its a quarter end month. (Those are even worse.)

Don't get me wrong the time and a half is nice, but if you have any other family or personal obligations you'd have to balance with work, I cannot recommend this job. They will bleed you dry if you allow them and fully expect you to work the over time hours posted. Even some Saturdays.

The best part of this job is some genuine hard workers I've been able to cross paths with that took an interest in me and my success here. Most note worthy is the generous amount of paid time off they give you when hired.
Pros
Benefits, Generous amount of paid time off
Cons
Inconsistent management, Disorganized, Very poor work life balance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 28, 2017
Watch your back. They use words like career suicide. More focused on the bottom line. Since acquiring OCE it has been turned upside down . Service Levels have and will continue to plummet
Pros
Customer
Cons
Company is stuck in the 80's mentallity.
Senior Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Home office basedJune 17, 2017
Company is profit driven without regard to balance of life or reasonable accommodations under the law. Rules are made up as they go along with no end date or advise on how to make mitigate whatever ails them.
Pros
Medical and Prescript health benefits are good.
Cons
The reward system is outdated. If you are not in club, then don't fight city hall.
Workable environment, but no growth..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJune 16, 2017
Site Rep at Visa, Inc. The daily job is monitoring, setting up, shipping, troubleshooting, and refilling paper/toner for devices. Love the Visians, but been here for 3 years and only a 60 cent raise. I've received an MOD (Medal Of Distinction) award, & still nothing. I've been recognized by both VISA Corporate and Canon Corporate. No time for school work/life balance is a negative here. If you want to attend school, please do so, and/or look for a part-time job.
Pros
Free lunch from Visa and very nice folks
Cons
They want you to do work that is not in your job role
stressful
Sr. Digital Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 4, 2017
start of day is 8:30 no matter were that is 30min away or 3.00hours
not payed for all that time. trained on lots of equipment. not very personal mostly on your own, your vehicle is your office.
Good Place to work
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2017
I have learn a lot from working with customer and manages people. The manager are easy to work with. The company is very open to new idea. It is a very competitive. The company will provide training to improve your skill and talent. The hardest and enjoyable is the same that is make the customer happy.
Pros
Everythin
Cons
Need more client in IL
Great company and competitive pay
Senior Account Manager - Large Format Division (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2017
Overall Canon is good company to work for. The Large Format division is a good area to be in at Canon. The job still comes with its challenges, such as high priced equipment that often times resellers can sell for quite a cheaper than you can. They have been making improvements to their product line up. It would help if you find printing exciting. It is definitely a shrinking industry. The typical customers of large format printers are printing less and less every year.
Pros
provided really good training
Cons
pricing isn't as competitive as it should be
Canon Review Summary
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 2, 2017
Fast Paced Days, Heavy customer Service and follow up to resolve issues. I learned to listen customer's concerns and follow through with my commitments. My manager is excellent, a great leader and loyal. The culture is family like. The hardest part of the job is the travel, the most enjoyable to the time with customers.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Travel
Productive and a great place to work and learn.
Strategic Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 20, 2017
Canon is a very structured and organized company. If you're looking for professionalism, this is the place. Work day starts at 8:30am and ends at 5pm the earliest. Training is taken very seriously from an eLearning perspective, as well as ILT courses available. The people are great - some of the smartest you'll find.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work life balance can be improved
too many matrix
Digital Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDApril 18, 2017
The company is focused on getting the right matrix instead of taking care of the customer. They need to do what is right for the customer instead of underbidding the competition.
Pros
steady M-F 9 to 5
Cons
too much travel
Professional Sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 18, 2017
The base pay is extremely low. the opportunity to build your business is excellent. The local management treat every sales rep as the are entry level no mater of expereince
Great opportunity for learning
Digital Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 14, 2017
The culture in Canon has changed from a customer first focus, to a how can we do it cheaper culture. I am quite discouraged by a push from corporate mgmt. to make judgments to please "bean counters" that ultimately make me feel like I`m doing a shoddy job. I take no pride in being dishonest with the public and struggle to stay afloat.
Pros
good medical plan 4 weeks vacation, opportunities to learn
Cons
Senior technicians are promoted to management positions without ANY degree in business, and worse NO PEOPLE SKILLS WHATSOEVER.
Fun work places
Scanning/ forklift operator (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAApril 12, 2017
It was hard i I used to be a scanner it was very strong job a lot of orders will come in i I used to be working in FedEx that's what's it call the places where every small things Canon send goes throw their. I used to help also picking heavy printers.
Good pay and benefits, management needs an overhaul
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 29, 2017
If you're looking for a quick review:
Pros: good benefits
Decent pay
Time off is good once you acquire it

Cons: business dress everyday no causal Fridays
Misaligned management
No flexiblity in schedule
You do not get any time off for 90 days
Training is on the fly and typically haphazard

For the more detailed description:

Many people whom I work with have said the same thing: "for a company with such a big name, I never would have thought prior to coming in management was so poorly chosen". It's unfortunately true. I thought before starting, that surely a company that had grown to its size would be at least organized well, structured, and trained. I was very disappointed when I came to learn this wasn't true. Now to be fair, it can depend on your boss. And of course that applies everywhere, but here I've come to find that management doesn't speak with management. The communication is lost. I have never seen the separation here anywhere else. I'll be honest, if you're looking for a job in billing, collections, customer service, or order management, take this into consideration: if you really need a job and are okay with a little bit of chaos and misaligned management then you can deal with it. But you will come to see in a lot of circumstances, the people who are in management positions don't belong there. The software is not up to date and training on the industry and the systems is haphazard. If you like structure, communication and flexibility this place is not for you. They are not very opened to new ideas and process improvements even though in an interview
  more... they will claim that's what they're looking for. I don't like bashing companies. I'm not a bitter employee out for retribution. But I wish I had known this before I started because I honestly would have stayed where I was and waited for something else. I've worked for a lot of different industries and different areas of finance. But this company needs to take a long serious look at its finance practices, managers, systems, training procedures and communication practices. I can't speak for how it is to work out in the field. But again, if you're looking to get into any form of finance or administrative services, take caution. Good luck on your search.  less
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, good time off
Cons
Misaligned management, little flexibility, no communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon Solutions America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9