Canon U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews

Ok
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 13, 2017
It was a good place to start but not good to advance. I did learn a lot here so I am happy that I can take what I learned and progress from there. I would be careful when applying to this company.
Excellent
District Account Executive, Imaging Systems Group (Current Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJNovember 11, 2017
Respectful and engaging culture, great opportunities for advancement, stable global company with solid foundation and growth potential. Language barrier sometimes presented challenges, but overall a great place to work that offered an outstanding life-work balance structure.
productive and fun work place.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
The typical day at work involved traveling to different locations to fix the printers and copiers. Which is a very nice work to do if you like fixing stuff and getting paid for doing what you like.
Pros
good job to do
Cons
sometimes stressful
It's okay
Administration (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 14, 2017
If you don't mind being underpaid, then it is a nice place to work. It Is a new building and located on the service road of the LIE. They offer very good benefits. It is a very structured company and the people are very nice to work with for the most part. The only down side is the salary.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
low salary
Company Falling Behind All Competitors
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 9, 2017
If you need a job, it's a job, but the sad thing about Canon is that the company is consistently finding new and unique ways to rip off the consumers. Many of the products are great, but get them from another vendor where you can get a better deal, and better customer service.

As for the company, they fall behind in so many ways as a business model that it is really a waste of time. If you actually do advance, it's just more of the same with more responsibilities.

Definitely NOT a dream job! But if you like sitting on your fat bottom and regurgitating their ridiculous policies and procedures, they just might have an ergonomically wide chair for you...
Pros
Paid time off, occassional family friendly events
Cons
Canon is way too far behind all of the competitors that sell thier product!
Great Company
Lead Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 1, 2017
I worked here for over 10 years. Company benefits were great. As time went on benefits were less. Products were great and corporate was supportive.
Learned so much
Camera Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 30, 2017
Working for Canon was a great opportunity for me. I got a chance to refine my soldering skills. The people were amazing, and the atmosphere was laid back. I enjoyed their camera rental program and the opportunity to take photography classes.
Pros
On-site cafeteria
Respectful to others
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CFO/ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 25, 2017
As a general rule, both managers and other staff are mutually respectful and polite to each other.

Most departments are very close and birthdays, major holidays are celebrated or not according to the individual department
You will gain experience that cannot be taught anywhere else. Many challenges
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 2, 2017
Expats make critical business decisions without knowing market conditions. Domestic workers are the backbone of the operation with least amount of upward mobility There is a heavy emphasis on external appearances.
Director, Office Product Logistics (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 31, 2017
Overall great place to work no complaints. Respectful, fast paced, interesting, always challenges, however, career advancement not entirely clear, roles not clearly defined, etc.
Nice place to work for - culturally different. Strong work ethic
Sr. Engineer Technical Information / QA/CS Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYAugust 27, 2017
Very organized environment. Management style is unique. Japanese culture in an American environment. Best of both worlds. Hardest part of the job is the growth prospects if you are looking for quickly grow, this is not the place for you.

Neat and very clean work environment, with Gym. Excellent cafeteria Lot of community events that give you a chance to work outside with co-workers.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
growth rate, punctuality, lack of flexibility, flex time
Na
Documentation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 26, 2017
The Job was fairly easy. It was just a lot of moving parts. You have to know other department duties in order to complete your job. You will have to rely on training and that is not the best.
Great 5 years
Technology Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TexasAugust 26, 2017
I worked at an account that had a renewable contract which wasn't exercised. I was laid off, but my time at Canon was the best of my career. If you can get a spot at this company, don't let go.
Pros
Work/Life balance very good, paid time off, excellent training
Wonderful
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 21, 2017
Great caring company to work for. They really care about their employees. Lots of perks when you work for this company. Sabaticals, 5 week vacations, 2 annual bonuses, parties. Just a first class company.
Productive place of employment
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 19, 2017
I was a temporary employee and could not be hired full time as they require a college degree. I did enjoy working there and learned a lot especially from an employee I temped with at Citicorp.
Pros
I loved the type of work there and I enjoyed the challenge and meeting the deadlines required.
Cons
They would not hire me as I did not have a college degree
Horrible Management.
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYAugust 18, 2017
The salary was too low for most. Management need to be though to manage, great coworkers. Couldn't wait to leave that place, but still miss some of the people who work there.
If you love meetings all day long this is the place for you
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 9, 2017
If you love having meetings before meetings, days where meetings take up 5-6 hours of your day (or more), and still having a huge workload to complete with an understaffed team, then this is the place for you. Benefits are decent, but no flex time, no matter how many extra hours you put in everyday beyond the 7-hour workday (just to get through a huge workload) or how many lunch breaks you miss or how much time you spend traveling for the job. But if you're a minute or two late every now and then watch out - you'll get points against you.
Pros
Convenient LI location
Cons
No flex time, long hours just to get huge workload done due to insane number of meetings day in and day out, understaffed teams
Payroll Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 7, 2017
It was a pleasure to work at Cannon. The environment was very professional, great facilities, great people, the perfect work location on Long Island. Great experience.
Pros
Lunches were reasonably priced, great redtaurants.
Cons
Short breaks.
that is very much productive and fun place to work.
QA Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 3, 2017
There is no denying the fact that ,canon is a great place to start a career. the greatest part of the company is friendly working environment. I actually enjoyed my colleagues, they all were really great and nice people to work within the team.
Pros
sometimes provide free llunce.
Cons
yes we are allowed to have a short break.
fun times
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 3, 2017
canon was a great place to work very fast pace training memory was very important to have learning different mailing machines printing copying and co worker
benefits
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon U.S.A., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.