Canon U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting and Rapid processing
Account Relations Rep II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day included confirmation of prior pending sales. Approval of pending credit claims and marketing program claims. Review of specialty area items. Verify emails regarding orders. Correcting or verifying status of order. Respond to dealer, sales or management inquiries. Work on processing returns and documenting conditions and response for approval or denial. Forecasting current sales with potential for meeting designated goals. Submitting trending reports. Completing presentations. Participating in team meetings.
Pros
Excellent benefits, team enviornment, cross training, resources for obtaining, improving or enhancing existing skills.
Cons
No existing area for advancement
Decent Place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 18, 2016
This is a great place to work if in need of a job. Good schedules to choose from, great benefits, laid back culture. The customers called in for "technical assistance". Most were nice. Company goals are very attainable.

My only complaint is lack of advancement opportunities which is common with call centers & starting pay is a little low.
Pros
Schedule, atmosphere, benefits
Cons
short breaks, job advancements, pay
Stay away from this 3rd tier company, unless you NEED a job.
mail clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2015
Do not apply unless you "NEED" a job. There is no room for advancement. They do not pay well. Their vacation is horrible. Management does not communicate with employees. The benefits are not good either stay away from this company.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Short breaks, no room to advance, management does not communicate, vacation time is the worst, and last but not least, the payrate.
Good Management, Job security
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 21, 2015
Good people to work with. You answer incoming calls from customers all day, so of course you will face the basic downsides of working at a call center. Other than that, they will train you, have good benefits, and it is very hard to get hired from there. Sometimes it feels good to help customers out, other times it is hard to deal with them. Management is good. The raises are not that much, but they do give them to you every year.
Pros
Training, benefits
Cons
Working in a call center
It is a Japanese company that needs to assimilate into the American culture.
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 1, 2015
Canon USA is a company that risks federal and state bylaws because of its Japanese-centric culture. There is little room for advancement and executive management is reluctant to learn and employ best-in-class compliance policies that will help the company grow.
Corporate support is lack
Account Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 26, 2015
Corporate office since the consolidation happened lost focused on the little things that most employees value; recognition, life/work balance, company culture. I love the management team when I first came on board. Company culture was great, everyone love coming to work and you feel like everyone is family. After the 3 regions consolidated, upper management from New York pushed out the good and well liked Managers and put in place their favorites. Most of whom have no idea how to do their jobs and how to run the business but because they wine, dine and socialize with the Directors on a regular basis, they got the job and pushed out the old team.
Good Place to start, but not a place to grow
Regional Site Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2015
Work environment varies. You must be able to learn quickly and be able to teach it to others. There is an emphasis on training from the company, but it may become difficult to complete these classes since all locations may not have the online access in order for you to complete these tasks. Self management is key to keeping your job because Canon management is not always present at sites. Canon site managers are friendly and helpful, bit often they are not knowledgable about the company and are more knowledgeable about their sites. The major downfall is the lack information about the company and opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
flexibility, on job experience
Cons
low pay, lacks advancement
A great learning experience
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 30, 2015
Within my current position, I have been given numerous opportunities to learn and develop strategic tactics within the company. I have been able to manage and maintain media buying plans and budget, optimize and monetize stakeholder(s) content throughout various social media properties, participate in audience generation for a prestigious internal event, develop and maintain reports for multiple stakeholders contributing to follower growth and increased engagements across several social channels, as well as being an integral part of many social media driven campaigns.
Pros
Good benefits, huge workplace, good people to work with
Cons
Long hours, work over the weekends, always on call, conservative company, medicore upper management, poor listening
Ok place to work
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJOctober 14, 2015
Fine place to work. Management seems loose. Not much room for advancement. Seems theres not much work, as cameras are becoming obsolete due to various I-Phones. Not sure what future holds.
Pros
Used to get free cameras, but now pens and pins
Cons
Health benefits suffer. Much better when started
Productive, strick, corporate work enviornment.
Rep, Customer Relations II - Accnt Mngmt Div. (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 18, 2015
- 9-5 job
- I have learned a lot of useful skill with Exel and PowerPoint. I have learned to corporate with disatified customers. Pro multitasker.
- Overall corporate management is poor. I got along well with my supervisor and boss.
- Co-workers are friendly.
- The hardest part of my job are the busy season (during the gov't fiscal year)
- The most enjoyable part of my job is completeing a task that I could file away and move on from.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor benefits, angry security gaurds, bad location, disatisfied customers, no potential for growth
Great group of people to work with. Reliable products, customer oriented solutions and support.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 16, 2016
My responsibilities included sales and relationship building with key decision makers in the top 10 financial institutions, and related software providers. Our team provided imaging solutions for a number of applications in this market including check imaging, mortgage loan imaging, and credit card file imaging. Direct contact with the institutions and the software vendors was a daily exercise to provide seamless integration, and minimize workflow disruptions.
Extensive travel was part of the job, and I am very adept at scheduling meetings to maximize face to face contacts in various locations. Staying in contact and building long lasting relationships with customers, and influencers was an enjoyable part of this job. Also, we had a great customer focused team to support our field efforts. We were very successful in selling and maintaining our accounts.
Good place for a young person to start out.
Representative, Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 28, 2016
If your desperate and need the job then go for it. Plenty good people there.
If you have a family to support then the wage is under the family goal. Unless managers get way more but I dont think its all that much. A lot have stayed and a lot have gone that I knew. This is either family or dont have. Dont forget floor compliance's as with every other call center your gauged more on a minute than how well you kept a customer. If your day consist of you having to do family doctor visits, or lets just say important rolls outside the job. If you explain it to HR they give you some room to do so with good cause. A + for Canon there. Everyone is great to work with and management are not really to blame. They are hovered everyday about someone or changing something.
Pros
*workout gym, little trophy's, certifications, or they come over and clap, sing for hard earn accomplishments 6 months to year instead of a extra bonus check
Cons
pay is too low, management cant do their job in peace, too many meetings not bringing good to the floor.
Great Industry Name & Proven Products
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Canon is a great company with a household name in the technology industry. Good compensation package. Salary and Commission.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Needs more top level sales position openings
Project Work Completed
Principal Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 27, 2015
Completed network refresh, implementing Nexus 7K/5K/2K infrastructure. Japanese culture and expectations. Poor management communications and lack of directions.
Pros
Freedom of Data Center operations
Cons
Poor management communications
i worked in orange county i drove around 50 miles a day
Digital Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 1, 2015
canon was a good company to work for the reason I left was because of pay hard to get a raise I worked for canon for almost 9 years very good training
Unorganized
Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJApril 6, 2016
Inventory control needs attention . Who loses 500 copiers.
Very unorganized , poor management skills ans poor training
Employees I worked with were very unprofessional
WHSE black dust front ink
Employees complained often
I learned quite a bit on PII
Corporate Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 6, 2015
The culture is very strict and management does not work with employees. Time is taken from vacation hours if employees are as little as 1 minute late.
Pros
It was an opportunity to work with knowledgeable people
Cons
Corporate culture is not easy to tolerate
Enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 5, 2015
Great co-workers that are caring. Management could enhance support in mentoring employees growth and development. Not a lot of movement within the company.
Pros
Longivity
Benefits
Great Company
Tech Rep (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 3, 2016
Great Canon. Tell you what you need to do to achieve goals. Pay is the only reason why I am wanting to leave but benefits such as health are very good. Atmosphere is nice. Everyone is nice.
Pros
Tell it like it is, Health
Cons
Low Pay
Multi-Cultural with much learning opportunities
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MelvilleFebruary 12, 2016
Multi-cultural company with much learning opportunities and room for advancement. There is a great variety of groups and fields to work in. It is a large company located in NY state and provides the possibility to relocate to other areas within the Canon family.
Pros
Multi-cultural