Canon U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Great company, great employees, pay could be better.
Camera Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 26, 2016
everyone is very friendly and i very much enjoy working for this company. If the pay were higher i would have almost zero complaints.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
pay
Nice working environment
Associate Order Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 26, 2016
The 7 years that I was working here, I had a great experience working with co-workers. Great team oriented environment.
Secure Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 22, 2016
Working at Canon USA is working for a Japanese company. The culture is evident and it is difficult to navigate. 80% of the work is done by 20% of the employees. If you work hard and do good, your reward is more work. If you do nothing and make mistakes, you will just be given less responsibility but these people remain at the company.

I have had friends ask for referrals and I pushed them in the opposite direction.

Not a very progressive corporate culture for a company with technology at its core.
Excellent
A/P Index Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2016
Great company, too bad they are moving. I love working here and love the hours and the people. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career in a different state.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Benefits are not great
Unorganized
Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJApril 6, 2016
Inventory control needs attention . Who loses 500 copiers.
Very unorganized , poor management skills ans poor training
Employees I worked with were very unprofessional
WHSE black dust front ink
Employees complained often
Great Company
Tech Rep (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 3, 2016
Great Canon. Tell you what you need to do to achieve goals. Pay is the only reason why I am wanting to leave but benefits such as health are very good. Atmosphere is nice. Everyone is nice.
Pros
Tell it like it is, Health
Cons
Low Pay
Good Learning Experience
Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
Canon as an organization is one of the best to work with. I learned a lot about shipping and receiving and what it takes to make things work smoothly daily.
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMarch 21, 2016
great place to work, a real resume builder. You can build long lasting friendships as well. Pay is lower then other employers
Enjoyable environment, and professional
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2016
Been slow lately because of layoffs where I'm at now
I love working here but I don't want to wait for them to tell me my service are not needed.
Company has and is a great experience for me and I have learned so much with my manager and previous mgmt.
I like to be kept busy so the day goes faster and I want a job I enjoy getting up and go to it and let it be a challeng for me.
I love learning new things to help me to advance myself to become a better worker.
I'm a team player and I like working with people not against them.
Decent Place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 18, 2016
This is a great place to work if in need of a job. Good schedules to choose from, great benefits, laid back culture. The customers called in for "technical assistance". Most were nice. Company goals are very attainable.

My only complaint is lack of advancement opportunities which is common with call centers & starting pay is a little low.
Pros
Schedule, atmosphere, benefits
Cons
short breaks, job advancements, pay
Multi-Cultural with much learning opportunities
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MelvilleFebruary 12, 2016
Multi-cultural company with much learning opportunities and room for advancement. There is a great variety of groups and fields to work in. It is a large company located in NY state and provides the possibility to relocate to other areas within the Canon family.
Pros
Multi-cultural
Pay was good and so are most of the people.
Safety Environmental (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 5, 2016
I had to make sure all hazardous waste was handled in the correct manner .Safety first is a must it could be life and death .I love my managers there are genuine people who will tell you when your wrong and stand up for you .My co-workers were nice for the most part, I care about them all .There was nothing hare about my job and enjoyed it most of the time.I enjoyed everything about Canon .
Pros
Pay, co-workers, vacation, shift.
Cons
Working outside .
Great Industry Name & Proven Products
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Canon is a great company with a household name in the technology industry. Good compensation package. Salary and Commission.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Needs more top level sales position openings
Exciting and Rapid processing
Account Relations Rep II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day included confirmation of prior pending sales. Approval of pending credit claims and marketing program claims. Review of specialty area items. Verify emails regarding orders. Correcting or verifying status of order. Respond to dealer, sales or management inquiries. Work on processing returns and documenting conditions and response for approval or denial. Forecasting current sales with potential for meeting designated goals. Submitting trending reports. Completing presentations. Participating in team meetings.
Pros
Excellent benefits, team enviornment, cross training, resources for obtaining, improving or enhancing existing skills.
Cons
No existing area for advancement
Productive work environment
Web Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Great place to get my foot in the door. Fellow employees were a joy to work with. Learning to create a website for a major company was challenging however working in a such a large group made it better and enhanced the experience.
Stable company - focused strategy
Lead CRM Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trunbull, CTJanuary 18, 2016
Stable company - focused strategy. Never had any concerns that what I was working on would change dramatically or paycheck would not arrive. Usually a good place to work.
Pros
Better than average pay
Cons
Too restrictive, no trust
Nice people to work with.
Sales Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Would process/enter sales orders for copiers, printers, scanners purchases and/or leasing. Very busy environment and productive.
Pros
Mon-Fri work and good people.
Cons
n/a
This place isn't right!
Assembler/dis-assembler/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ft. Eustis, VAJanuary 8, 2016
SMH, I felt like I was on a plantation on a typical day. Im glad im gone frm that place. If you end up here get out as soon as possible. This place will only bring you down, real talk!
Pros
Cons
everything
Excellent Company
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 27, 2015
Excellent company, treated like human beings, Very nice people, would go back at any time. Treated fair, respected. Would highly recommend this position as a excellent company to work for.
Stay away from this 3rd tier company, unless you NEED a job.
mail clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2015
Do not apply unless you "NEED" a job. There is no room for advancement. They do not pay well. Their vacation is horrible. Management does not communicate with employees. The benefits are not good either stay away from this company.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Short breaks, no room to advance, management does not communicate, vacation time is the worst, and last but not least, the payrate.