Canon U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews

• Working knowledge of Web protocols and standards (HTTP HTML/XHTML/XHTML-MP, Web Forms, XML, XML parsers)
Sr. Java UI developer (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 19, 2017
• Diverse experience in UI Development, Software Analysis, Implementation, Testing, and Documentation of Web & Client Server Applications using HTML5, JavaScript, jQuery, AJAX, XML, XHTML, JSON, CSS3 and Angular JS.
• Great knowledge of Document Object Model (DOM), DOM functions along with the application of (UCD) User Centered Design methodology.
• IDE s like sublime text, Eclipse, Notepad++, JIRA, Net beans etc., have been worked on.
Representing Canon Third party marketing
Assistant Field Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Work with manager to manage reps within the stores.
Monitor daily performance of our reps and the team.
Ensured all of the products within each of the stores are fully functional.
Educated stores associates on Canon products.
Attended training events across the United States including, CES, Photo Plus, Photo Expo in order to maximize our products overall presence.
Pros
Number Camera company. Good quality products. Flexible schedule.
Cons
Lots of last minute concerns that need to be addressed, Inventory levels are not always stocked within their stores.
Great place to work, Cannon offers great learning experiences and a chance of change
Front Desk Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed my years of employment with this company, I met a lot of great people and because of the nature of business was able to learn some aspects of the copy service relation.
Pros
Great team efforts enforced working together to get jobs done.
Cons
nothing for the most part permanent. Since we were a service contractor, we could never quite say we belonged to some great companies in which I was blessed to work with
Excellent place of employment
Melville, New York, Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 22, 2016
Worked with a congenial group of co-workers, and supervisors who shared in the same goal and commitment, to meet scheduled completion dates.

Required and able to worked independently with little or no supervision. Take each days task as it presented itself, and completed in record time.

Interacted with my billing group, along with five other divisions, as a team player and backup to other team players when necessary to meet necessary schedules and deadlines.. Sometime worked under pressure, to ensure deadline was met.

Wonderful Company to have shared twenty six years.
Pros
Thirty five hour work week
Cons
Trip to work
Loving and Caring Environment
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2016
Management is great, they genuinely care about their staff members. I have learned how to hold myself and a high regard and be able to work under the most stressful pressure. The co workers made the job comfortable and positive. I love the clients, co workers and management. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Free Gifts
Benefits
Fun place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 17, 2016
The job was great. My favorite job I have ever had as far as the work day goes. Your day is busy but you they make sure you take your breaks and the day goes by so fast because of it being busy. A typical day consists of processing lots of packages to deliver to VISA employees as you work at a Visa office that has thousands of VISA employees. You then deliver the packages and assist with shipping out packages as well.
Pros
Lots of days off; good health insurance
Cons
low pay
good place to work
TIER I TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 2, 2016
there are opportunities to advance quickly with this company and the employees are a little spoiled with a cafe and gym in the building plus a masseuse that comes every other month. management and co-workers were easy to get along with. the biggest con for me is the work, I didn't perform well in a call center environment and there's a lot of phrases that the company wants employees to use on a call and will penalize employees who does not use them. also few bathroom breaks allowed.
Pros
great work enviornment
Great workplace with great work people.
Semiconductor Technician II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Very good company to work for. Easy go atmosphere encourages good work. Trained me very well to do my duties. Management was always easy to speak with. HR did a wonderful job of helping the employee with job related issues.
takes care of employees
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJDecember 29, 2016
Japanese company that took care of thier employees. Building had a fitness center and softball field. Good benefits and retirement plan. Clean workplace. great work environment.
Pros
clean workplace
Cons
started hiring temp workers
Co-workers were mean
Warehouse Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 19, 2016
Permanent workers looked down on temps and treated some of us like trash. Very rude and disrespectful. I would work there again and hope that the culture has gotten better.
Pros
good money
Cons
never became permanent
Great Place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
Great Place to work.
They Provide good training for all there employees.
Also assist on improving to help you reach your goals .
Management at all location are helpful to provide company new position and promotions.
Supervisor's daily job
Supervisor of the QA and Rebox Departments (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 29, 2016
Instructed employee's and temp staff of daily needs. Worked with NY for required work and completion dates. Processed all reports including all contact with temp agencies time keeping and payroll information. Worked with packaging venders to create new packaging when needed for projects. Created a Rebox Department and this saves millions of dollars each year as this process is now in the VA facility. Hardest part of job was getting enough temps to complete job requirements to meet all required completion and ship dates. Fun part was designing my own floor plans and stations to run projects.
Pros
traveled a week each year on company. Great medical package.
Cons
Company became first over my family. Long drive there daily.
Great company to work for , i really enjoyed my time with the compamy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 26, 2016
I can say that if you love customer service and helping people , then this is the company for you.
Typical day answering customer complaints, helping to make the customers day.
To make a customer happy is the best part of working here.
fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 5, 2017
fun workplace where you meet great co workers. You will have plenty of opportunities to move up each year as long as you attitude is correct. All together is a great place to work at.
Enjoyed the Culture of People at Canon
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 16, 2016
Canon is a place where you will meet a great number of people from different cultures. They are a strong technology company but could improve on how their management mentor's people in developing to become successful.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Management Training
Productive and new experience place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work for me is, busy phone lines, consist emails and request on things needed by clients. I've learn how to manage multiple phone lines, having better customer service. I enjoy working with my other co-workers where we build a bond. The hardest part of my job would be when I feel I haven't given my all.
Productive Work Environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
Productive work environment. Very good place to gain skills necessary for the real world. Meet people from all over the world and learn to communicate better with everyone.
property control
Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Day started at 8 am and ended at 6 pm most days. Most of the employees had been there for years. We were like a family and respected each other.
Pros
pay
Cons
loss of friends
Waste of time
Digital Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 22, 2016
The pay is insufficient , a complete waste of time if you have a degree, logistics are failing, salary position laid off after 6 months for no reason.
Review
Regional Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2016
- Great work atmosphere
- Great career opportunity
- Great benefits
- Great people to work with
- Competitive salary
- Enjoy working with global customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon U.S.A., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.