Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. Employer Reviews

Uncaring
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Salt Lake, UTFebruary 27, 2015
I have only been with the company for a very short time and already they have made it very clear that I as an employee do not matter to them.
Good company with great products
Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Juggernaut of the industry with some of the best products.

Large company made me feel like I was lost in the masses.

Some very loyal customers made repeat business easier.
True service providers.
On-Site Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: gained insurance knowledge, management opportunity.
Cons: none.
A typical day with Canon Business Solutions entailed providing superb customer service to any and all clients. A difficult part of the job was depending on the US postal service to deliver time sensitive documents within the time period.

Customer satisfaction is not always easy but when you get it right it’s awesome
Looking to further my career job in the same work field.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: overtime, neat and clean work area, following safety rules
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, pay rate
I come to work prepared to work. I also learned how to be a team player. The Managers at Canon were very respectful and courteous. The hardest part of the job was nothing because there is nothing to hard about a job. The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends and meeting new people.
What I learned about Canon U.S.A. Inc
Laid off-Temp/Seasonal (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: pot luck lunch for all the employees
Cons: none i truly enjoyed the job
Great place to work, great benefits and the company truly cares about the well being of the employees.
The staff was very professional, and patient with the training process.
The hardest part of the job was I was hired through a TEMP AGENCY and the job contract expired in 3 mo.
Good Pay, Work Environment, and Supervisor
Service Representative/Admin. Assistant (Former Employee), West Valley CityFebruary 10, 2015
I loved my job altogether. I loved being able to prioritize my jobs daily, and deciding what is the most important to the least important tasks daily.
I loved my supervisor, and having him constantly praise my coworkers and I was the best part of our day.
I am very good at clerical work, so it was definitely an easy part of the job.
I loved the job overall.
Good co-workers
Site Representative/Mail (Former Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good co-workers and good benefits
Cons: management needs improrvement.
It was a good place to work but management was not too good. They should care more about their employees and treat them better.
High Production Environment
HOME SERVICE SPECIALIST - CREDIT QUALITY CONTROL (Former Employee), Westlake Village, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Analyzing Escrow Accounts for shortage/overage and adjust accordingly. Audit loans to ensure Escrow accounts that are in bankruptcy are correct.
Great place to Start and good employees
Customer Relations Rep (Current Employee), Burlington, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Canon Business Solutions has been a great place to work and build my skills, and I have made a positive impact on the company.
An enthusiastic experience workforce that share common goals.
Sr. QE1CAPA ENGR (Former Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: honor system of time in & time out as long as you completed 40hrs/week
Cons: overtime approval was require when projects exceeding 40 hrs
The Canon USA Inc, itself is a good contract outfit, benefits & pay was outstanding. Since Canon was my employer who contracted my service to their client. It is this client company that will be discussed, starting off with the site where approximately 83 CAPA members were situated in a warehouse built in a corner with high walls. We all had a 3.5 x 6ft tables with lap top computers. The room was warm 65 degrees; that you would want to wear a jacket or sweater. They offer you free coffee but you have to bring in your own brewer. Nonetheless, a hot coffee in the morning was a good start with a diverse group of people with outstanding diverse experience in the field of CAPA. It was an excellent group of people that you get to know and willing group to assist in your needs if required. The job assignments itself differ from teams or individuals, this was the hardest or frustrated ordeal, most of all depends on an urgency of a CAPA that was given to these teams/individuals by CAPA leaders. since these jobs was not consistent, most people (80%) waited for assignments some never received any from the start (15%). Management overall was going through restructuring during a time of merging two companies, this could be the reason of unclear directions of assignments. Overall, I believe when the dust settles things will improve and will become a good working environment.
Very strict
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Melville, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: brand name
Cons: many
Depending on a team, in most cases the culture is very strict, no talking, no walking, no eating...
Field Service Technician
Field Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: mon-fri 8 to 5pm
Responsibilities:
• Trained & qualified to operate and troubleshoot of multiple printers & scanners

• Clarify job specifications and requirements, respond to client questions, create mock-ups for clients to demonstrate concepts, and provide input on cost-saving alternate approaches to printing projects.
• Provided extensive training and guidance to less experienced employees.
• Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues, documented help desk tickets/resolutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists.
• Responsible for installation and network connections of all canon model machinery.
Very Japanese company
Account Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2015
Japanese management, difficult to advance for local employees.
OK Company
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles CAJanuary 10, 2015
Expect a lot and return little. Worked there with little opportunity to move up or have adequate leadership to motivate you to become better engineer
job security is high
Manager, Logistics, Americas (Current Employee), Melville, NYDecember 13, 2014
Pros: it is a very secured position
Cons: politics, gender
I have 90% traveling with projects mostly in Latin America. Since my Spanish is very limited it created barrier. I am in charge of WMS implementation managing two staff and all the consultation resources.
This job enable me to learn new WMS system Tecsys and much more knowledge in warehousing/distribution industry.

Compare with my job at Crayola the current job load is light ( I had more staff and more global size projects). However the challenges of this job falls on handling politics instead of project itself. The current position to me is a step down and due to its company culture the promotion is slim (almost no woman in director level at the current logistics division). This job lack of challenges for the project itself - the implementation of system is routine and very safe - no need to solve some challenging problems.

The most enjoyable part of this job is traveling to various countries in Latin America and working with my team which include my two direct report staff and two consultants who work with me.
may the force be with you
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Burlington, NJDecember 12, 2014
Pros: none come to mind
Cons: supervisors think they are god
day at work was never rewarding and the company liked to play with your money im still waiting on a I.O.U
N/A
Assembler (Former Employee), Newport News, VADecember 10, 2014
it was ok, its a very fast pace job, but i have learned to multi-task while attending there. while there its hard to grow but i can say the people are nice and easy to get along with. in order to become permanent you must stay a certain time, and their vry strict on attendence.
Good place to work and professional enviroment
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 10, 2014
Good company to work for.
High-tech and complex equipment to work on. Challenging but it gives rewarding at completion.
Some travelling in state and internationally gives an exposure to other culture.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Houston TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great training & benefits.
Learned to be persistent, consistent and the importance of getting face to face with decision makers. Cold called on a daily basis. Monthly contest between sales teams made it a bit more exciting. I enjoyed traveling to many different cities for training.
Poor Place to work
Senior Digital Services Specialist (Former Employee), San DiegoNovember 24, 2014
Cons: above
Company has no communication skills, one always wonders if they are going to be dismissed because corporate downsizing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial – Read more

Canon U.S.A., Inc. Photos