Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. Employer Reviews

canon
Site Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: no opportunities for higher positions
Canon is a great company to work for, I enjoy office work a lot and this is where I started to understand that I enjoy office work. Being able to interact with people and help them with their needs was a plus for me. I learned how to service canon machines and lead an office.
Very bad management
Electronic Technician/Networking Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 10, 2014
Cons: everything
Canon was the worst place I have ever worked. The majority of my buddies quit as well. One even had a heart attack. They are hostile, micromanagers. There is no just reward for the way they act.
Productive place to work
SITE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJune 8, 2014
Pros: real great company to work for
Cons: short breaks
SITE REPRESENTATIVE: Full-time/Temporary position
2010 - 2011
Customer Service, sorted, delivered, picked up, and processed all courier items, mail, newspapers, magazines and USPS mail; Tracked courier items (FedEx, UPS, Certified Mail); Research and routed unidentified mail; received and logged interoffice deliveries and track messenger items; Responded – more... to customer requests; Performed routine upkeep and basic maintenance of equipment; Recorded and tracked customer inquiries and fulfillment of requests. – less
Canon
Account Executive (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 3, 2014
Canon had great benefits and a good management team. Training lacked a little in product training, their main focus in training was selling tools. Need more product knowledge in training.
Work Skills
BDS Marketing (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2014
Responsible for driving HP business objectives and strategies within assigned district through planning, collaboration and communications. Maximize product sell-through in assigned district which includes marketshare growth, revenue growth and product penetration in National Retail Accounts.
Great company to work for
Digital Service Engineer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 1, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: a lot of travel time.
Canon provides it's employee's with terrific benifits and a good working environment. I have to travel a lot of miles each day to repair equipment. I have been trained on another high volume machine as well as training in networking ( loading print drivers, setting IP addresses...). I manage daily activities by prioritizing what customer I should visit – more... next keeping in mind response time and the geographical challenges. The hardest part of my job is the amount of travel that is involved and balancing my customer's needs along with the geographical challenges involved to service as many customer's as possible. The funnest part of my job is the fact that every job is different. That is, no two customers are likely to have the same problems so that keeps it from getting boring. – less
Extreme amount of work
Office Support (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 22, 2014
Pros: very busy. excellent vacation benefits
Cons: being on feet all day
A typical day started with pulling faxes off the fax machine and distributing them to all the secretaries and attorneys. Around10:00am the mailman would drop off a huge bag of mail that had to be emptied and sorted and delivered to all the attorneys the rest of the day was scanning and copying large volumes of legal documents.
Very good place to work
Receiving Clerk/Fed Ex and Freight Shipping (Current Employee), Burlington, NJMay 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long end of the month work hours
Great co-workers and support, Very long end of the month hours which are mandatory. Great benefits and vacation packages
Company who cares about there employees.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Newport NewsMay 5, 2014
Taking apart computer printers for businesses. I have learned keeping a steady pace will meet your quotas. Managers and co workers all work together to get the job done. Hardest part was staying clean the enjoyable part was the schedule.
no raises-no promotions-high turnover
Digital Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no raise-no promotion-low low pay
people come and leave when they find out they don make monies
htey hire people and they quit after training or soon after
it is just because they dont pay good and you can get better pay
Great company to work for
Sales Department, selling Canon product (Current Employee), Chespeake, VAApril 23, 2014
Pros: great work place
I love coming to work and have really nice co-workers. Canon has a lot of programs to teach you about their products
Professional work environment and excellent leadership of managers
Imaging clerk (Former Employee), MelvilleApril 22, 2014
My typical day at Canon starts with me sit down at my desk, then i review my tasks for the day and get right to work. I get about half an hour of lunch and then i finish the days work after 8 hours.

I have learned quite a bit at Canon, first thing i leanred was how to communicate with my manager and coworkers. second was how to tackle a problem or – more... a task with the utter most efficiency.

My coworkers were great, hard working people, no complaints there.

The hardest part of the job was the tasks them selves, they were intensive.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and manager whom were awesome. – less
good
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: nothing
great people
punctuality it's first
great environment
training
perfect
Contract Facilities Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2014
great people and pay. Bonuses and commissions can be huge...
Productive and fun location
Site Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships I formed with the clients.
Wellness Benefits are great
EXECUTIVE RESPONSE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: dependable pay
Cons: short breaks
Good people but a lot of negative politics amongst management.
Descent position but inflexible with family life balance
Operations Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Burlington, NJMarch 31, 2014
Responsible for analyzing high risk accounts to determine printer yields and strategically improve future business/government contracts by utilizing Excel and Power Point to creating business cases. Designated as the subject matter expert in situations concerning litigation between the client and Canon, with regards to toner supply analysis.
Great Co-workers
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
No matter what site you end up working at, you will always love your co-workers! As far as compensation and benefits, it could definitely be better. Raises come slow and little. Benefits are expensive. You will usually have good relationships with your managers, don't have one complaint about any I've ever worked for. However, the area managers are – more... a different story, not approachable. – less
Dear god.....
Contractor (Current Employee), Washington, D.C.March 22, 2014
Pros: staff is cool, work load is simple
Cons: trusting management is suicide, will drive you to acholism or smoking, no raises
Imagine a site where everyone dislikes being there. That's Canon Business Process Services in DC, site motto to new hires was "Don't trust these people". The employees are mostly great people but SWEET BABY JESUS MANAGEMENT IS HORRENDOUS! They have no backbone, don't do much if any work, and won't think twice about throwing any if not all employees – more... under the bus to save their skin, even if they made the mistake. Not sure being in management means you're allowed to BLATANTLY lie to employees or on employees.

EXAMPLE:

Dispatch's supervisor typically pretends to write emails for most of the day (usually 20 mins reading a one or two line email, 30mins to write a 15 word response, walks away for 10mins, comes back and closes it without sending, rinse and repeat till it time to leave). If not that, simply wonders around aimlessly talking to himself.

They tell you that every so often you will get a raise. What that actually meant was they get bonuses in place of you getting a raise.

Pass their workload to staff if they don't feel like doing it. (Which is very often)

Lol you could really write a book about this DC site, case and point save yourself the headache....The pay isn't pretty much the same as minimum wage. – less
Great place to start a sales career
Account Executive - Southern New Jersey (Former Employee), Burlington, NJMarch 22, 2014
Not a bad place to work. Great benefits decent compensation for entry level sales.

About Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial – Read more

Canon U.S.A., Inc. Photos