Canon U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews

Professional and productive place to work.
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 10, 2017
Excellent company and excellent employer. Great staff at all levels of the company. Best part of my job was being able to interact with great people, all the way from Senior Managers to Field Staff.
Very laid back job and wasn't stressful at all.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 4, 2017
I loved working there everyone was friendly. Learned how to do warehouse work, shipping and receiving . Hardest part of the job was getting tired from receiving so many packages but managed anyway.
Pros
Meeting all types of people who's in a higher position.
Not Interested
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 31, 2017
In leaving a review at this time, but its mandatory so here is the minimum, One Hundred and Fifty characters of a Non Opinionated Review, just for you.
Inside mailroom environment
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLMay 31, 2017
Slow paced Mail room environment, handling and sorting incoming and outgoing mail for centurylink communications. comfortable attire and traveling to multiple locations
Good Job. Paid good. benefit were great, Care too much about meaningless number that were difficult to reach.
Digital Repair Engineer (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 23, 2017
The parts that I had to carry as a technician was a very big pain in life. You were constantly keeping track through their system what you have what to keep what to send back. It did not work well at all.Other than that it was ok if you like to play the numbers game that the upper crust Justified their job security with.
Pros
Benefits, good job
Cons
parts and numbers game stinks
very nice place to work
SENIOR DIGITAL SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 19, 2017
I like the continuous training that was provided by the company and the monthly awards that was given for good performance at the end of every month. the discount store was good.
Ok place to work
Copy Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2017
A typical day was working in various copy centers of businesses that contracted with Canon U.S.A., Inc..The people I work with were friendly and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was traveling to New Jersey and Delaware.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Distance traveling
Good people, decent benefits, but poorly managed
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 15, 2017
This company provides decent benefits and, because of that, a lot of people stay for a long time, but there is little to no upward mobility if you are in an administrative role. Management doesn't listen to their employees, is very reactive, and most are only interested in meeting their performance goals to get their bonuses, not to improve the work experience of their employees.
They rewarded hard work with a Bonus often
Associate Analyst- Help desk via phone (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 12, 2017
This was my favorite job. I liked helping people with their problems via phone. they made ongoing training a requirement. I had great confidence because the training was always on track with the newest technology.
Pros
Acknowlegement for a job well done
Cons
After training the out of State Help Desk, I got Layed off
Innovative and creative company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 11, 2017
Canon is very innovative. The hours and benefits are awesome. While I have not been with Canon for many years, the culture when I was there was great. Unfortunately, they do not hire for management positions very well. The Sales force is made up of the best sales people...not management people.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the management people. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the dealers and distributors.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits, lots of perks
Cons
Poor management
Nice place to work but a long distnace to travel if you dont live on Long Island
Central Services Coordinator, Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Melvile, NyMay 10, 2017
Nice work environment with great perks, benefits , employee discounts and the ability to grow with the organization. They are exceptional at promoting from within the organization.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Long commute if your not on Long Island
Senior Dot net developer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 5, 2017
My day starts with the Scrum meeting with tasks assigned.Learned new technologies in the recent project and managment was nice asking for any help at any point.The hardest thing in this project to adapt to new technology and implementation but always give a learning curve to the career.
A great learning experince
Copier Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
I worked as a copier tech from 2003-2006. It is very customer focused with a lot of learning potential to learn a skill.The bosses are great, I enjoyed it very much.
Opportunities are always available.
Sr. IT Comp. Archit./Auditor - IT Division (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 27, 2017
Canon is a strong growing company. Because of the growth there are numerous opportunities for those who seek them. They are moving toward the medical industry.
I love what I do.
Senior Technical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 26, 2017
My job at Canon is very interesting, and I love doing it. I get paid a great salary and have excellent benefits. I love the fact that I get to write about and test software applications for accuracy.
benefits
Excellent Company To Work For
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 20, 2017
Canon is a great company to work for. The Melville, NY headquarters is state of the art. Everyone is very professional and the benefits are very competitive including all the time off you get. I don't have anything negative to say about this company.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, 35 hour work week
Stable conservative company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2017
Canon values its employees and is a stable employer. The opportunities to advance are limited. Sales requires over 50% travel on a monthly basis. This is a Japanese company run with very strict business guidelines.
good working envoirnment
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJApril 5, 2017
good working environment
Training available on other technologies
Travelling to out of stat location for instalations
Helpful management
Medical benefits
Dental benefits
Vision benefits
this is a good place to work employees are a good team work
DIGITAL SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILApril 4, 2017
Canon is a good place to work I feel comfortable to work here but i need to move on in my my career.
good team work
friendly management
45 lunch time
Pros
good benefits health care insurance
Cons
it is hard to move on for a new position
Account Representative
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 2, 2017
• Specialized in IT software and equipment sales.
• Achieved 100% of quota through the implementation of creative sales strategies and territory management.
• Performed extensive customer needs analyses and site surveys, meeting with decision makers, understanding corporate goals and the industry of each account, completing an account profile for each account, identifying challenges within the accounts document workflow, and continuous customer appointments.
• Prepared proposals, presentations, and product demonstrations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon U.S.A., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval