Canon U.S.A., Inc.

product knowledge
training
online training
selfaccountability
Productive and fun place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Great company to work for. Same day to day situations as other big players.
A bad misstep.
Office Services (Former Employee), Chicago, IL.February 5, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: too many cooks
Canon was a misstep from the start. I was hired due to experience in office services and copy print production by a guy promising managerial training programs after the 90 trial period. I thought moving into a law firm environment with Canon for office services would be straightforward, cut and dry with copy and print work. Law firm services are mostly – more... b/w copies with some strict rules on reproduction and scanning of documents.
What you got from Canon, especially where I was in downtown Chicago was a lot of hospitality set-ups, breakdowns, some mail
processing, and the occasional court run to the Daley Center (Chicago courts building). Some days there was no copy jobs but a full day of hospitality set ups and breakdowns. What really was going on was like some bizarre sitcom, minus the canned laughter. Shortly after I'd gotten there they hired a girl who would disappear at long stretches during the day who was eventually discovered hiding in a coffee and condiments storage closet texting friends on an electronic device. A slick-talking courts clerk was hired soon after who knew the courts system well enough but was awful by way of copy print instructions if he helped out. The job was to not remove staples from an original document that was being duplicated. Slick removed the staples, I ended up getting blamed even though I warned him not to. Canon frowns upon any sort of overtime as well, even if it's 2 minutes. Occasionally some copy print jobs secretaries would send down fell beyond the realm of regular working hours. I got caught up in doing a duplication job that ran about an hour overtime. Canon's regional manager out of Detroit, MI gave me a tongue lashing over the phone the second time it happened and I wasn't paid for it. Then there was a secretary that had some strange ways of stapling and paper clipping documents together for scanning back to her in a certain batched way who seemed to change the rules on how it should be done each time she sent a job. She complained so loud to my manager once I heard her through the earpiece of my managers phone as she was talking to her while I was standing some feet away. The last few minutes I was there before being terminated I was escorted into a conference room with video setup staring Orwell's Big Brother style at the Detroit, MI Canon's regional managers grim face who told me I was being terminated due to "complaints". When I asked what were the "complains" specifically she never answered and threw me a sharp look while reading off her script and raised her voice to drown out my question. I was then escorted to the elevators by my smirking, red-pompadoured manager never to be seen again. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: constant everyday travel and the expenses with no expense account
I learned how to sell and close a deal. This was my first job out of college. Had a blast with co-workers and some of the managers. Hardest part of the job was the commute for me everyday and the fact that I was not home to see my family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay when it was coming in.
Good Pay, Great benefits
Director - Major Accounts (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: breadth of products
Cons: management staff falls short.
Technology leader in its field. Great product line. Company is in the process of transition as it completes its merger with Oce
Productive and Great Branches
Summer Temp (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: keurig machine, free food
Cons: abuse of power by certain management
I enjoyed working there and there were many different companies and agencies I traveled to. I got along with most of the management and co-workers.
Very busy office
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Westminster, COJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, birthday celebrations
Cons: low pay
Reception desk, open and scan mail, data entry. Enjoy scanning and opening mail. Do not like the commute, and the wages are low after being there for 4 years.
Canon is a good place to work.
Business Planning Associate (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Canon is a good place to work where the company cares about their employees.
It was an amazing place to work and I loved what I did for them.
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunity to grow
It was an amazing place to work and I enjoyed the staff.

A typical day at work involved working remotely, managing, coaching developing, hiring and motivating a team of 55 people remotely.

I learned how to manage my time and multi-task on a macro level with this career opportunity.

The most enjoyable portion of the job was working with the client – more... and the travel to visit with my sales people in the field. – less
A typical work day
Records Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Great company to work for! I am a 1 person file room clerk so that mean that I'm reliable person to handle file room.
a job with fair employers and supervisors
Warehouse Worker Temp (Former Employee), Jamesburg, NJJanuary 21, 2014
the job is straight forward. i learned warehouse fundamentals
excellent training
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: salary
Was given the training and tools to be a good tech, co-workers and manager were helpful
District Sales Manager Florida & Caribbean
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: loved the products, company and job
Cons: pay was weak
Awesome Company
Awesome Territory
Awesome Job
Top Rep in company all three years
Small Children Need to be Home
Pay was not great.
GreaT Company.
Senior Field Service Digital Engineer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 1, 2014
Great Co. Terrific people, very nice culture. Great training, good managers.
providing great service
Product Trainer (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 29, 2013
Pros: i love to help people with there problems
Cons: it was a very interesting place to work and driving everywhere in the bay area
Highly flexible team player who managed and supported all of Northern CA for all training needs.
Back up to administrator staff and reception staff and handled multi- phone lines
Manage Hitachi web site for all Canon products for shipping, delivery, and training.
Back up for the pre-sale and post-sale analyst.
Train on Spot On Color on Fiery and other – more... Fiery software.
Resolve customer networking issues, including installing print driver on the network with both B/W and color high with low end machines.
Configure All Fiery systems Trouble shoot printing and network setup of machines.
Support and train high-end B/W and color and all other Fiery system products.
Support special projects to meet customer needs.
Support, train, and configure E-copy Scan stations and E-copy Desktop software
Produce training material for sales and customers. – less
NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR IN DC
CATERING/ EVENT SPECIALIST II (Current Employee), WASHINGTON, DCDecember 27, 2013
Cons: sorry as hell
CANON HERE IN DC HAS NO BACKBONE. THEY DO NOT BACK UP THEIR EMPLOYEES, EVEN WHEN THE CLIENT IS WRONG!! THEY HAVE NO PERKS, OTHER THAN WHAT THE CLIENT MAY OFFER TO THE EMPLOYEE. MOST MANAGERS AREA AND SITE ARE ONLY OUT FOR SELF. NO ROOM FOR GROWTH................DON'T EVER SUBMIT A RESUME TO BE EMPLOYED HERE, YOU WON'T LIKE IT. I GUARANTEE IT!!
Big mail-room.
Office Services Associate / Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 25, 2013
Pros: independency
Cons: work wise no cons except for not hiring as a permanente employee.
It was a good place to work as a temporarily workers. I ran the mail room by my self and never got hired for the job permanently.
pleasent company
Customer Service Representative & Mail Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 24, 2013
Pros: very nice people
Cons: health care
Very goood company to work for long hours great pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was meetiing people an enjoying finish product on surfaces to be painted or repaired.
Very Productive
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYDecember 19, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: no benefits
•Provided overall leadership, assistance and guidance for the operation functions and shift operators.
•Create User Account / Reset user password in active directory
•Ran daily production jobs and monitor batch jobs running in UNIX using (AutoSys 4.5), AS400, and mainframe O.S. 390.
•Verified the global network monitor using EMON, MQ Series, and HP – more... Open View for connectivity.
•Executed and monitored daily, weekly and monthly backup using Magstar, VERITAS and IBM Robot3494.
•Monitored SMTP Gateway's, CC: Mobile and CC: Mail Routers by what's up gold monitor.
•Used Patrol, Omegamon, Hardware Management Console and Roscoe to do daily work.
•Documented and maintained all daily activities for the next shift in 24/7 environment.
•Performed IPL on AS400 and Sys80 (OS390) machine on a weekly basis.
•Created, modified and updated open/pending issues using Lotus Notes.
•Provided any helpdesk issue open up a ticket using magic, Open View (OVSD)and ITG software to assign them to the appropriate technician. – less
Good Work Atmosphere
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Jamesburg, NJDecember 10, 2013
Had a good time working for the with Canon team. I was learn a lot real time modules in this project and the project manager was so supportive.

About Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial – Read more

Canon U.S.A., Inc. Photos