Canopy Children's Solutions Employee Reviews

long hours and productive
Behavioral Educational Interventionist (BEI) (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 24, 2017
working with autism kids your day is never the same. It is a hands on job that requires you to give each student your undivided attention at all times ...
Death by Micromanagement, poor workers support, Great Mission
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 23, 2017
When I started, the IT atmosphere was amazing. Down to earth management. Family atmosphere. A real team "get-it-done" environment. Then they changed the mission statement, brought in outside consultants, and it all fell apart.

Management became erratic. Micro-management became the norm. Backstabbing and posturing for the consultants became the rule.

In the end, the concocted a bogus story about my performance, took things said about me out of context, and finally bold face lied to get me out.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Short sighted policies, political atmosphere, no upward advancement
It's Not The Great Place it Once was
Residential Care Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 10, 2017
When I first started this job it was a great experience! It was somewhere I thought I could move up at. This was quickly shattered when the backstabbing began in upper management!! The company changed the name of the positions and came up with Milieu Coordinators it turned for the worse. These people were over each cottage. I was ok with the changes at first. As time went on the professionalism, consistency, and teamwork crumbled. The best part of the job in the beginning was the teamwork. Now everyone is simply for themselves. They have created a dangerous situation for the staff as well as the youth that we serve. The children are not accountable for their actions and some of the staff are enabling them. It makes it hard on the staff that try to follow the rules that were already set. The youth are currently out of control and management in charge or not doing anything to help the situations that arise...

If you want to keep your sanity and not deal with disrespectful children that are not held accountable Canopy is not the place for you!! Hopeful this place will get better in the future!!!
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Stability, Teamwork, and Leadership
Case Manager
Therapist- CFSSP (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 8, 2016
As a case manager we were responsible for teaching parenting and providing the family with the skills and support to succeed and remain as a family unit.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
going into homes.
Kids are great, horrible management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 16, 2016
It was wonderful working directly with the children. The company promotes values that they don't tend to follow themselves. It kills your spirit if you have in your heart that you want to help these children and make a difference in their lives and the lives of others. It's like constantly swimming up stream.
Pros
The children and the experience
Cons
The management and seldom get raises
not all organize
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 12, 2016
Need to be more consist at work place. Not organize at all. Everyone is not treated the right. It seems like the employees don't have a voice
n/a
Mental Health Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 16, 2016
I provided mental health services to clients, as well as transportation services to clients. I also completed required clinical assessments , case documentation, responsible for the crisis management, ISP, wrap around meetings for each client utilized the DSM-IV-TR criteria to assess client symptomology. Management was helpful.
worse place I've ever worked
Wraparound Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 24, 2016
The so called manager is ghetto and fake. The RM is also very fake and they make promises they never keep. There is micro management there as well and forget favoritism to the ones the staff they run buddy buddy with so they don't have to work fulltime hour but stay at home more than working then cover up for each other in paperwork. Long hours, no life , too much paperwork and don't forget bribery which is a felony. They buy the clients food just to get in their home also pay a couple bills to keep their kids on the caseload. They triple the money they spent on pizza and other unhealthy junk foods. Too much to say!! Don't apply!!!
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
micro management
It was ok
Child and Youth Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 14, 2016
I liked working with the kids. Staff members were okay. Long work hours. Hardest part was working with bad kids and working on weekends.
Pros
Free lunch, breaks, and off days
Cons
Work weeknds
productive, busy, interesting
Resident Advisor (RA) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 15, 2015
This job was a challenge for me. I really love working with my clients and interacting with them. This job taught me a lot when it comes to building relationships with others. I love the job itself, for the most part. I do think that they can improve in their management. The management team is very unprofessional. The co-workers do not work as a team to make things go smooth. I felt like everyone was for themselves, instead of coming together as a team. Clients were very challenging, but it was a great experience. With all the qualifications you have to have to get the job, I think the pay rate should increase.

Want to know more about Canopy Children's Solutions?

Ask a question
Terrible upper management. Terrible supervision. Over worked and zero appreciation for dedicated workers.
MYPAC Wraparound Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSDecember 2, 2015
Poor supervision. No trust in upper management. No job security. long hours and overtime isn't an option, they will ask you to take it off your time sheet if you want it approved for the week. Lots of traveling and heavy caseloads. Much better for a worker with out children or spouse/significant other. This job should be your one and only priority. Trust no one.
Great Company
Research Outcomes Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 27, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for this company. There was such a high standard for quality care and relationships. The voices of children and families were very important. I regret that I was laid off because I really enjoyed my job.
Pros
relationships
Cons
families unavailable for kids
Good place to work because of the mission.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 7, 2015
Good pay, benefits, employee relations. Managers very qualified and knowledgeable. They offer great service for families.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Job security
Just no
Therapust (Current Employee) –  MSSeptember 16, 2015
The environment is toxic. They say that follow core values which is just lip service. They do not care about their employees. Upper management might try to convince you that they care but the direct supervisors and their supervisors show every day they could care less.
Every business needs to make money but that's all they care about. They overwork you, under pay you, and when your exhausted and about to break they put you under a microscope and find fault with everything you do. They make a big deal out of everything and do not forgive. You cannot be a good parent if you work here... You are too stressed,
Watch your back if you work here. The other emoyees feel so much pressure that they point out what your doing wrong so the attention is off of them. They have this buddy system between certain emoyees and supervisors. The relationships are dramatic and messed up. Everyone is afraid of losing their job.
Pros
Clients are great
Cons
Coworkers, supervisors, work svhedule
Great place to help counsel children and adolescent
Teacher Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saucier, MSAugust 27, 2015
I worked with foster children who were awarded to the state of MS.
These children come from various backgrounds.
I really enjoyed working with the children and my coworkers.
Exciting, intense, and dynamic work environment.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 8, 2015
Mississippi Children's Home was a great job that helped me learn to solve problems through creative and fundamental intervention. I enjoyed working with the children and helping them reach their potential. Everyone was a pleasure to work with and I truly learned a lot from management. The most difficult part about the job was building a rapport with individuals who lacked trust and positive interpersonal relationships.
Pros
variety of diagnosis so i was able to become familiar with various mental disorders
Cons
tons of paperwork
Worst Career Experience Ever
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Mississippi (South)June 12, 2015
I would not recommend working for this company for the following reasons: (1) Employees are grossly under compensated with Case Managers being paid under $30K annually (2) Harsh Program Supervisors who do not honor nor implement the companies CORE values (3) Lots and lots of office gossip with very little confidentiality and minimum professionalism (4) Positive working relationships among employees is virtually non existent and (5) If you need work experience start here but don't get comfortable because this is NOT a place to plant your feet long term.

*The Absolute Worst
Pros
Work Schedule is Monday through Friday
Cons
Low Wages
Fun and loving environment
Wraparound Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 20, 2015
This company was amazing to work for and workers absolutely take pride in what they are doing. The children that were being served were eager to learn and impacts were definitely made.
productive work place
Case management (Former Employee) –  jackson missisippiMay 7, 2015
seeing at risk children achieve the goals in life that they want and having the support from caring compassionate people
Pros
learning something daily
Ok for a starter job
TC (Former Employee) –  Saucier, MSApril 2, 2015
The pay is very low for a job that requires a degree, and gives you so many responsibilities. Most of the supervisors, administration, and CEO's have been amazing. The turnover is so high, mostly due to the hours, location, and pay, that it is hard to be very well structured.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canopy Children's Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9