Canopy Construction

Canopy Construction Employer Reviews

Very Productive and hard work
Roofing Crew/Crew Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2014
Was strenuous work but well worth the check,
a good place to learn the skills of the trade
Problem solving A MUST!
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2014
Pros: exciting new places and people
Cons: benefits were poor
Dealing with Customers and Sub Contractors requires people skills in the highest degree. On a daily basis I maintained a smoothly operating system of supply and demand of both services and product.
Very Annoying Job
Canvasser (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 30, 2013
Very poor management and team environment was minimal.Everyone was from a Texas and cared little about the state that they were in at the time and only cared about the money in their pocket. There was no management.
Hard physical work.
Owner General Contractor (Former Employee), Tustin, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: good pay
Good was able to do hard work outdoors. Able to make decisions for the company. Independent.
fun environment with motivated coworkers
CANVASS MANAGER (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2013
A typical day at canopy construction starts off very slow. Although there were some ups and downs, I learned a lot about communication and people. Management was not very organized. it took a lot of time during the day to get started. My coworkers were awesome. They motivated me and worked alongside of me to make sure all of us were on the right track. The hardest part of that job was weathering, it tries to defeat you. What I enjoyed the most was my compensation forthe job I was doing. In a way it was worth it.
A day at work
Temp Job (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOJune 7, 2013
Pros: helping others, and meeting new people
Cons: n/a
The team would set a goal at the office, we would pick a profitable area and start working. Door to door sales and consultations. Setting appointments with home owners and signing contracting. My goal was at least 5 signed contacts a week. Later on in the week, I would call potential customers and hand out business cards. I loved meeting new people and helping them improve their homes.
Learned a lot about a new industry for me and I'm better off for the experience with Canopy.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Fairview Heights IL/St. Louis MOFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: stable company, good pay and always paid commissions
Cons: having to travel and be away from family and friends.
Started with company in April of 2011, a carrer change for me. Had great training from the start. Financially stable company. I was always paid on all jobs completed both while employed with the company and even after I left the company. Canopy provided medical, dental and vision benefits. I always had an open communication line to upper management and owners. Met many new people, some that will be life long friends.
Horrible
project manager (Former Employee), dallasJanuary 17, 2013
Cons: liars
Stay clear and beware!! They treat people like garbage. Ask them to speak to ANYONE who has been there for more than 60 days and see how many employees they can bring you. STAY AWAY!
bad news
Sales/estimator, manager (Current Employee), Fairview Heights, ILDecember 29, 2012
This company flat out rips their project managers off. Just ask anyone who worked the St. Louis storm for them Bad news here stay away

December 7, 2013

Canopy construction, will flat out rip you off. There are many lawsuits against them. You can work , but will never get all your money. Beware !!!!

Very good Comapny
Accounting Manager/Assistant to CFO (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 14, 2012
Pros: environment, classes, advancement, teachable moments, too many to count
Cons: mobile hours
This was an amazing experience with much learned and taken away. This company struggled like any new company, but the teaching tools and tome taken to advance your knowledge was genius. I am better for working with these people.
EASYGOING JOB WITH LESS STRESS
CANVASS MANAGER (Current Employee), FAIRVIEWHEIGHTS, IL.September 29, 2012
Pros: leadership position
Cons: no benefits
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS EASY BUT WITH A LOT OF DAY TO DAY ORGANIZATION. I'VE LEARNED THAT BEING PATIENT WITH THIS COMPANY WILL GET YOU FAR. MANAGEMENT CAN BE A LITTLE DISORGANIZED BUT WITH TEAM WORK EVERTHING CAN BE PLACED IN ORDER. MY CO-WORKERS CAN BE VERY DRAMATIC AT TIMES BUT AS LONG AS I CONTINUE TO SHOW LEADERSHIP, I KNOW MY TEAM MATES WILL FOLLOW. THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB WOULD BE GETTING MY TEAM MATES ON THE LEVEL THAT I NEED THEM ON DAILY. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS JOB IS WHEN I GET MY TEAMMATES ON TRACK, WE ENJOY WORKING WITH EACHOTHER AND WE ALWAYS EXCEED OUR GOALS THAT WE SET AS A TEAM.
Work experience in roofing can be obtained
Canvasser (Former Employee), Earth City, MOSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: good wages
Cons: mass layoff
The job was a good job, but it was not a stable job due to the fact that there was a mass layoff.
Lay Off
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 1, 2012
Pros: fun staff
Cons: broken promises
I was hired for this job and allot of promised were made. I was sent to St. Louis to work and the company only gave a $500 a month living allowance. After 1 month being there I was laid off. We were never told when we were hired that we worked 6 days a week and 12 hours a day.
Productive and fun work place
Project Manager (Current Employee), Dallas/KnoxvilleJune 2, 2012
Hardest part of the job is being on the road most of the time and with no accommodation reimbursement.

As for the overall job, it is fun with plenty of work to keep you busy the majority of the time while traveling, the coworkers are like your family and the challenge to obtain the customers and then do a great job for them is rewarding.