We are a funded NYC health-tech startup building a killer app to fix a very important problem: poor communication between healthcare providers (doctors, nurses) and underserved patients who don’t speak English or have low health literacy. This problem affects 40% of America, and costs our healthcare system a lot of money.
We already have a commercially successful medical language e-learning program at canopyapps.com. And one of our natural next steps is to create an app to help healthcare providers communicate better in real-time with these underserved patients. We are seeking a talented and dedicated mobile/iOS developer with a proven track record to join our team. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of professional software experience in a production environment.
You will be joining a team responsible for driving Canopy’s products from idea to commercialization and lead development of gorgeous front-end interfaces.
This is an on-site position in our midtown NYC office.
- design/architecture, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of mobile/iOS healthcare applications
- Participate in ongoing estimation and prioritization with the product owner
- Ensure quality, clean, tested code is produced (unit, integration, and other QA tests)
- Create, maintain, and own code and application documentation
- Iterate on an existing codebase
- Mentor junior developers
- Help create team and development processes and selection of tools to assist in these efforts
- 2+ years professional experience producing revenue generating, web-based software in a production environment
- Demonstrated development experience with iOS
- Demonstrated cross platform development experience with tools like PhoneGap.
- Team player who thrives in a start-up environment is a MUST
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The company offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and pre-tax transit
How to Apply
Apply with your resume and cover letter (mentioning where you found this ad). No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Transcendent International, LLC (Canopy Innovations, Inc.) is an equal employment/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital/or parental status, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veterans status, or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, State, or Municipal Law.