Canrig Drilling Technology Employee Reviews

dish network tv in breakroom
Top Drive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXOctober 8, 2017
no advancement opportunities.pay scale shutdowns on about every other year. parking limitations. sewer smell in shop during summers.no opportunities to move to management with current leadership.
Very educational and fun atmosphere.
Admin Assistant/Jr Buyer Purchasing Dept (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXJuly 26, 2017
Started out as a temp. employee and after 6 months was offered a full time position with the purchasing department as administrative assistant. I learned so much about the oilfield industry. After four years I was promoted to jr. electronics buyer. I learned even more in that position while still helping with some administrative issues and invoicing issues.
Canrig Drilling Technology
Engineering-Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Canrig is a great place to get your foot in the door in the Oil & Gas Industry. The people are great and the interview process is the best i've encountered.
Good co-workers
Electronic assembly (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Canrig Drilling Technology used to be a great company to work for but in the past few years has really gone down in quality. No job security and way to many layoffs. You have to kiss butt to get anywhere.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
upper management constantly watching every move you make, make the wrong one and you are out of there.
Horrible Benefits but good pay
Tier 3 Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 28, 2016
As the oilfield continues to slow down, the company benefits decrease. 401k is the worst I've heard of other than companies that don't offer it at all. Work/home life could be better. No advancement taking place anytime soon. No job security while the price of oil is down. Management always creating more safety paperwork to justify their position with the company while business is slow.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Good location in Magnolia, TX
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Small company feel, in a nice location in Magnolia, TX. Great place to develop skills and experience, with opportunity to have noticeable impact on success of the company. But with the economy affecting the oil industry, there is limited opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Ability to work from home with Citrix
Cons
Limited career advancement opportunities
Great Place to work and be apart of a team
West Texas Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  West, TXAugust 20, 2016
Challenging, team oriented, atmosphere. Management was willing to help when needed. Co-workers were team focused and great at helping each other out. Hardest part was stress management and dealing with disgruntled customers, but rewarded when able to deescalate and bring the customer to appreciating our business.
Pros
Good Team Atmosphere
Cons
High stress, long hours
Great Work/Life Balance - Poor management
District Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 19, 2016
Life/Work balance is exceptional, compensation great, upper management is in need of some serious help, great co-workers
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
terrible upper management
When times are hard you are forgotten
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Canrig is a oil industry service company and when the markets down your check is down. You will get thrown around and travel 5 to 6 weeks at a time. You will be flooded with paper work that makes no sense and then be asked to travel a week after being home.
Pros
pay
Cons
travel
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 8, 2016
As a Field Tech for Canrig, your on call 24/7 for 2 weeks followed by one week off, once called out you drive to the rig site, check in with site manager and other onsite authorities. while on site you are expected to perform required tasks from problem troubleshooting, correction, testing, collections, and reporting with little to no supervision, while adhering to company, site, and industry safety standards, once the tasks onsite are complete you may be sent to a different site to perform the same tasks again, home, or in some cases to a hotel, depending on the needs of the business, or time spent in the field.

Management is highly dependent on the coordinator on call at that time. I found that this can vary from overbearing micro management, to nearly absent management. Once you get to know the coordinators and develop a rapport with each of them, and they learn to trust you, and relax with you a bit more.

The other techs all were very accommodating with phone support when required, and are quick to develop friendships especially when working at the same location.

The most difficult part of this job is the amount of time spent away from home. If you live alone or with room mates instead of a family it makes things much easier, but not impossible for a family oriented person. Management does what they can to accommodate any scheduling conflicts with home life, but do expect you to be flexible enough to support an on call 24 hour support business.
Pros
Paid driving time, excellent benefits, paid training
Cons
Job security is completely dependent on oil and gas prices which is extremely volitile
Good co-workers
Part Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand JunctionFebruary 18, 2016
Loved the people I worked with, gained experience in sales and warehouse management. Was able to travel, had a sense of pride working for this company
Great Opportunities
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2015
Challenging at times, but thats what makes it a good place to work. People are very friendly and approachable. Upper Management were good considering the difficulty from their parent company attitude
Pros
good people
Cons
Supply Chain Management were difficult to deal with
Overall good environment
Mechanical Drafter II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2015
Great company, and great benefits. Overall good environment, but it was difficult to grew or get a significant promotion. People are really friendly and management cares about subordinates
good $$$ if your willing to sell your soul
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  colo/wyoOctober 21, 2015
Great place if you like getting screamed at by your manager and publicly humiliated. HR uses the "he isn't breaking any laws" guidelines for the upper management. Morale is horrible.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no work life balance, HR does not take care of business and lets the manager rule as a tyrant.
hard worker
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
reads machine assembly specifications,such as charts,blueprints,schematic diagram and engineering drawing.
to assemble parts or components to build a whole new product.
Pros
hard work
Cons
on time
Shipping Coordinator, Non-conforming/Raw Materials (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXMay 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Canrig it was a great place to gain knowledge and grow within the logistics field. The economy did not allow me to grow with Canrig as I had wished however management enjoyed having me there and said I was an incredibly hard worker.
Great learning experience and always meeting new people and the scenery always changes
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Great company to work for and always learning more technology while working on company products. Almost always get the opportunity for lots of overtime and mostly an independent while in the field working on drilling rig locations.
Pros
They pay for driving to and from job locations 100%
Cons
No per diem if no motel for the night, no pay if no work while working in other state, no raises in over 2yrs.
productive and fun work place
Hose Technician (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXApril 4, 2015
fast pasted/ how to build the top drive/how to build hydraulic hoses/nice coworkers/making some people happy/the satisfaction of completing a fine job;;;l
Pros
flatscreen direct tv in lunch room
Cons
getting laid off
Canrig is a truly superior employer
Logging Geologist (Current Employee) –  Office @ New Iberia, LAJanuary 14, 2015
Employee Safety is paramount - if it is not safe = you warn everyone and the job is stopped and made safe. No One is asked to complete the job until it is safe. In addition you will be commended and often rewarded for recognizing the danger and bringing it to everyone's attention. We have abundant safety meetings so that everyone gets to hear about the incidents and the resolutions so that we can recognize and avoid theses same dangers.

The company works so hard to take good care of us that we employees feel driven to give our best for the company. We try hard to do our very best for our company and the clients we service. Each of us truly wish to live up to our company mission, "Helping Our Customers Achieve Superior Results" through our hard work and dedication to perfection.

I can honestly say the most enjoyable part of my job is walking through the door each morning excited and happy to see what wonders the job will hold for me today. It is not always easy, in fact it is often challenging, and always exciting. And; when it becomes too difficult or critical... one call to my manager and the ENTIRE company is behind me instantly...standing behind our "whatever it takes" work ethic and helping me get that client's job done!
Fun Fast paced enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
I loved canrig we were all like a family. The best part would have to be the Schedule we worked 12 hours days 7 days on and 7 days off with unlimted overtime. The only bad thing i have to say about this company is that i had to leave them, best job ever hands down.