Canrig Drilling Technology Employee Reviews

Shipping Coordinator, Non-conforming/Raw Materials (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXMay 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Canrig it was a great place to gain knowledge and grow within the logistics field. The economy did not allow me to grow with Canrig as I had wished however management enjoyed having me there and said I was an incredibly hard worker.
Great learning experience and always meeting new people and the scenery always changes
Technician III (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: They pay for driving to and from job locations 100%
Cons: No per diem if no motel for the night, no pay if no work while working in other state, no raises in over 2yrs.
Great company to work for and always learning more technology while working on company products. Almost always get the opportunity for lots of overtime and mostly an independent while in the field working on drilling rig locations.
productive and fun work place
Hose Technician (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: flatscreen direct tv in lunch room
Cons: getting laid off
fast pasted/ how to build the top drive/how to build hydraulic hoses/nice coworkers/making some people happy/the satisfaction of completing a fine job;;;l
Canrig is a truly superior employer
Logging Geologist (Current Employee), Office @ New Iberia, LAJanuary 14, 2015
Employee Safety is paramount - if it is not safe = you warn everyone and the job is stopped and made safe. No One is asked to complete the job until it is safe. In addition you will be commended and often rewarded for recognizing the danger and bringing it to everyone's attention. We have abundant safety meetings so that everyone gets to hear about the incidents and the resolutions so that we can recognize and avoid theses same dangers.

The company works so hard to take good care of us that we employees feel driven to give our best for the company. We try hard to do our very best for our company – more... and the clients we service. Each of us truly wish to live up to our company mission, "Helping Our Customers Achieve Superior Results" through our hard work and dedication to perfection.

I can honestly say the most enjoyable part of my job is walking through the door each morning excited and happy to see what wonders the job will hold for me today. It is not always easy, in fact it is often challenging, and always exciting. And; when it becomes too difficult or critical... one call to my manager and the ENTIRE company is behind me instantly...standing behind our "whatever it takes" work ethic and helping me get that client's job done! – less
Fun Fast paced enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
I loved canrig we were all like a family. The best part would have to be the Schedule we worked 12 hours days 7 days on and 7 days off with unlimted overtime. The only bad thing i have to say about this company is that i had to leave them, best job ever hands down.
OK company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Magnolia, TexasMay 29, 2014
Install Electrical equipment To include lights, plugs, transformers, and VFD drives.
Good job but always working away from home
TOP DRIVE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: lots of job skills
Cons: time away from home
I enjoyed the job itself but wasnt too happy with unnotified schedule changes and the time away from home.
Productive and excellent working environment with innovation everytime
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Montgomery, TXDecember 6, 2013
Pros: good insurance
Cons: expensive insurance
I am a Top Drive Specialist. I love my job and the idea of knowing that without our team of hard working and committed mind, somewhere in America and in the world, a drilling operation may be in trouble. I am also back to school and it's so amazing to realize that pure and applied Science (Physics, Maths, Trigonometry...) are helping me to better understand what I have been doing for so long without actually grasping the whole concept behind it.
Decent Company, Bad managment
Capital Equipment Technician (Former Employee), West TexasJune 13, 2013
Pros: the wages and benifits were good
Cons: they dont like employees to think or voice their opinions, the only thanks you ever get is your paycheck and sometimes thats not even right
The company was great when i first started. My fellow co-workers were a good group of guys. The main problem i had with the company was after my promotion to capital equipment it seemed that there was a meltdown in management going through 4 different immediate supervisors and 3 different district managers in under 4 months. The company really needs to get on board with trying to keep its employees somewhat happy or they will just suffer the same high drop out rate that they have suffered from in the past.
Laid-off
Senior mudlogger (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 18, 2013
Pros: relevant work
Cons: poor management
Thanks for the poor review from this company who is downsizing.
Poor management
Former manager (Former Employee), TexasApril 30, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: management weak in experience
They have lost all there real oilfield experienced people and are now replacing them with army rejects that don't know the oilfield
A Typical Day at Work
electrical (Current Employee), Magnolia, TXApril 30, 2013
Pros: multiple breaks throughout the day
First I start the morning with what we call a toolbox meeting where we dicuss issues within the area, give updates on job progress, and give the employees a chance to voice what we can do to increase efficiency and productivity. I then begin to look up any parts that may be missing that can keep the job from being completed. Then I go to a meeting with all of the shop supervisor where we updat the shop operations manager of job progress and any part issues we may have. Then I spean the rest of the majority of my day tracking down parts that we need, and supporting the shop employees in any way that I can from helping out with a hot job or getting them a part they may need. Then we end the day by mopping and doing out 6s sweep of the shop.
Very little chance for advancement; Poor and inconsistent training
Mud Logging Geologist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 15, 2012
Pros: when one works there is a definite schedule that can be counted on.
Cons: poor and inconsistant training; some equipment needs upgrading.
Field work was quite stimulating and most co workers easy to work with. However, very little chance for advancement and very poor training. Some co workers who were training others should not have been doing so as they were not very experienced. Raises not consistent and employee evaluations very rarely performed. Evaluations were what wage increases were based on. Division in CA far removed from corporate office. Very stressful and fragmented. Unless this company's hierarchies change it would not be a wise idea to work for them in any of their departments.
Piping Company
Administrative Assistant / Purchasing (Former Employee), Magnolia, TexasOctober 24, 2012
Pros: friendly environment to work
Cons: no sick time
Answered phones, Data entry of invoices in AP. Data entry of purchasing orders, inventory control, General office duties, Worked closely with purchasing department
Decent compensation small workforce
Rigwatch Technician (Current Employee), South TexasJuly 5, 2012
A company currently undergoing drastic changes to upgrade customer service in the Eagleford Shale area
Productive and Professional workplace
HR Administrative Support Clerk - Temporary (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2012
Overall and great company to work for! Very fast paced environment and most of all what makes a company easy to work for , and the majority were easy going.