Canrig Drilling Technology Employee Reviews

Good co-workers
Electronic assembly (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Canrig Drilling Technology used to be a great company to work for but in the past few years has really gone down in quality. No job security and way to many layoffs. You have to kiss butt to get anywhere.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
upper management constantly watching every move you make, make the wrong one and you are out of there.
Horrible Benefits but good pay
Tier 3 Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 28, 2016
As the oilfield continues to slow down, the company benefits decrease. 401k is the worst I've heard of other than companies that don't offer it at all. Work/home life could be better. No advancement taking place anytime soon. No job security while the price of oil is down. Management always creating more safety paperwork to justify their position with the company while business is slow.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Good location in Magnolia, TX
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Small company feel, in a nice location in Magnolia, TX. Great place to develop skills and experience, with opportunity to have noticeable impact on success of the company. But with the economy affecting the oil industry, there is limited opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Ability to work from home with Citrix
Cons
Limited career advancement opportunities
Great Place to work and be apart of a team
West Texas Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  West, TXAugust 20, 2016
Challenging, team oriented, atmosphere. Management was willing to help when needed. Co-workers were team focused and great at helping each other out. Hardest part was stress management and dealing with disgruntled customers, but rewarded when able to deescalate and bring the customer to appreciating our business.
Pros
Good Team Atmosphere
Cons
High stress, long hours
When times are hard you are forgotten
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Canrig is a oil industry service company and when the markets down your check is down. You will get thrown around and travel 5 to 6 weeks at a time. You will be flooded with paper work that makes no sense and then be asked to travel a week after being home.
Pros
pay
Cons
travel
Great Work/Life Balance - Poor management
District Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 19, 2016
Life/Work balance is exceptional, compensation great, upper management is in need of some serious help, great co-workers
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
terrible upper management
Good co-workers
Part Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand JunctionFebruary 18, 2016
Loved the people I worked with, gained experience in sales and warehouse management. Was able to travel, had a sense of pride working for this company
good $$$ if your willing to sell your soul
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  colo/wyoOctober 21, 2015
Great place if you like getting screamed at by your manager and publicly humiliated. HR uses the "he isn't breaking any laws" guidelines for the upper management. Morale is horrible.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no work life balance, HR does not take care of business and lets the manager rule as a tyrant.
Great Opportunities
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2015
Challenging at times, but thats what makes it a good place to work. People are very friendly and approachable. Upper Management were good considering the difficulty from their parent company attitude
Pros
good people
Cons
Supply Chain Management were difficult to deal with
Great learning experience and always meeting new people and the scenery always changes
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Great company to work for and always learning more technology while working on company products. Almost always get the opportunity for lots of overtime and mostly an independent while in the field working on drilling rig locations.
Pros
They pay for driving to and from job locations 100%
Cons
No per diem if no motel for the night, no pay if no work while working in other state, no raises in over 2yrs.
Overall good environment
Mechanical Drafter II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2015
Great company, and great benefits. Overall good environment, but it was difficult to grew or get a significant promotion. People are really friendly and management cares about subordinates
Productive and excellent working environment with innovation everytime
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, TXDecember 6, 2013
I am a Top Drive Specialist. I love my job and the idea of knowing that without our team of hard working and committed mind, somewhere in America and in the world, a drilling operation may be in trouble. I am also back to school and it's so amazing to realize that pure and applied Science (Physics, Maths, Trigonometry...) are helping me to better understand what I have been doing for so long without actually grasping the whole concept behind it.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Expensive insurance
Decent Company, Bad managment
Capital Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  West TexasJune 13, 2013
The company was great when i first started. My fellow co-workers were a good group of guys. The main problem i had with the company was after my promotion to capital equipment it seemed that there was a meltdown in management going through 4 different immediate supervisors and 3 different district managers in under 4 months. The company really needs to get on board with trying to keep its employees somewhat happy or they will just suffer the same high drop out rate that they have suffered from in the past.
Pros
the wages and benifits were good
Cons
they dont like employees to think or voice their opinions, the only thanks you ever get is your paycheck and sometimes thats not even right
Very little chance for advancement; Poor and inconsistent training
Mud Logging Geologist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 15, 2012
Field work was quite stimulating and most co workers easy to work with. However, very little chance for advancement and very poor training. Some co workers who were training others should not have been doing so as they were not very experienced. Raises not consistent and employee evaluations very rarely performed. Evaluations were what wage increases were based on. Division in CA far removed from corporate office. Very stressful and fragmented. Unless this company's hierarchies change it would not be a wise idea to work for them in any of their departments.
Pros
when one works there is a definite schedule that can be counted on.
Cons
poor and inconsistant training; some equipment needs upgrading.
A Typical Day at Work
electrical (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, TXApril 30, 2013
First I start the morning with what we call a toolbox meeting where we dicuss issues within the area, give updates on job progress, and give the employees a chance to voice what we can do to increase efficiency and productivity. I then begin to look up any parts that may be missing that can keep the job from being completed. Then I go to a meeting with all of the shop supervisor where we updat the shop operations manager of job progress and any part issues we may have. Then I spean the rest of the majority of my day tracking down parts that we need, and supporting the shop employees in any way that I can from helping out with a hot job or getting them a part they may need. Then we end the day by mopping and doing out 6s sweep of the shop.
Pros
multiple breaks throughout the day
Shipping Coordinator, Non-conforming/Raw Materials (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXMay 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Canrig it was a great place to gain knowledge and grow within the logistics field. The economy did not allow me to grow with Canrig as I had wished however management enjoyed having me there and said I was an incredibly hard worker.
Fun Fast paced enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
I loved canrig we were all like a family. The best part would have to be the Schedule we worked 12 hours days 7 days on and 7 days off with unlimted overtime. The only bad thing i have to say about this company is that i had to leave them, best job ever hands down.
hard worker
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
reads machine assembly specifications,such as charts,blueprints,schematic diagram and engineering drawing.
to assemble parts or components to build a whole new product.
Pros
hard work
Cons
on time
productive and fun work place
Hose Technician (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXApril 4, 2015
fast pasted/ how to build the top drive/how to build hydraulic hoses/nice coworkers/making some people happy/the satisfaction of completing a fine job;;;l
Pros
flatscreen direct tv in lunch room
Cons
getting laid off
Piping Company
Administrative Assistant / Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TexasOctober 24, 2012
Answered phones, Data entry of invoices in AP. Data entry of purchasing orders, inventory control, General office duties, Worked closely with purchasing department
Pros
friendly environment to work
Cons
no sick time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canrig Drilling Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7