Cantata Adult Life Services Employee Reviews

Talking with the residents, keeping them company
Server (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, ILOctober 4, 2015
A typical day at work
I put the soup in it's position
Roll silverware if needs to be done
Prepare side dishes for main course
start serving.

What I learned to to be patient and not quick to judge.

My co-workers are willing to work together to finish the job.

Hardeest part of the job is the multple attitudes of the residents.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents that rarely have family that come around and me and my co-workers are the closest thing they have to family.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits for part-time workers
Positive work environment that enhances your skills.
Art Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
This is one of the best nursing facilities I'v worked for. The atmosphere is so positive, and the residents are great as well. Pay was not as great as I'd hoped, but the experience that I had there more than compensated for that. My mangers and director were extremely supportive and really listened to suggestions and took complaints seriously.
My co-workers are caring and hard working.
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Cantata is a non-profit company that is struggling to keep up with the medium to higher end retirement homes. My co-workers are very dedicated to their clients. Everyone pulls together to make nice things go well for those in their care.

The compensation package at Cantata is very low. There are no real perks aside from having nice co-workers.
Pros
great co-workers, nice clients, pretty grounds
Cons
short breaks, thin staffing, low pay
fun working place
centralized scheduler (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, ILJanuary 2, 2015
the most enjoyable part of my job was scheduling and communicating with the field staff
this is a nice place to work and get alot of experinces from they have raffle days appreciation lunch for us
caregiver / cna (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, ILOctober 27, 2014
when their are not enough supplies to work with I have to use what I can.

how to treat people and what are their needs so you will be able to assist them better

be able to management clients personal stuff and privacy's

my co worker are very good worker we works as a team help each other when their I things they need help with

their are really no hard part but if you have to pull and lift and make sure that you are not upsetting anyone .

being able to give help were its need, helping the clients with feeding and talking to them getting to know them.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
yes short breaks
Fun, different every day, never a dull moment.
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, ILJuly 25, 2014
When I get to work, I'm given a report on how my client is doing. I learn something new with my client and others. Management is ok. I get alone well with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when a client pass away. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on the clients faces when they see me and interacting with the clients.
Pros
you are allowed some snackes while at work
Cons
sometimes i don't take a break.
Good place to grow
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, ILNovember 5, 2013
I loved my job here they are very willing to work with you and go above and beyond to make sure the patients get the best care possible.
Pros
easy to move up
Cons
the new d.o.n. doesnt know what she is doing she is the reason i quit
Nice place
C.N.A (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, ILMay 19, 2013
I would have to say that of all three places that I have worked Cantata has to be the best. the work load is better that my first two employers. Cantata has three aids on each floor, so each aid does not have more the 11 patients. this makes it easier to give better customer service. My Co-workers all wonderful people that work together. This is the one place where I can say was not hard to do anything.
Pros
everybody helped even nurses
Cons
charting process is too long and computers needs to be updated
Review Summary
Kitchen Staff/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, ILJanuary 9, 2013
Responsible for ensuring clean facilities, and ensures consistent customer satisfaction and timely delivery of services.
loving and respectful
cna (Current Employee) –  brookfield ilSeptember 10, 2012
i loved it got to choose my days hours and pay was great i did home healt the also have a nursing home u run errands light house work cook med reminders doctors appointments activities we went shopping swimming it was fun