CANTEEN VENDING Employee Reviews

Produtive fun envirement.
route driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 20, 2016
It was a good job at the time. I left because I wanted to make more money. there was not any growth opportunities at this company.
Productive...constant management change....constant change in routine and policies
Packer/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 23, 2016
Gave 4 years into a company and built family relationship with coworkers loved the atmosphere but went without any reasonable pay raises or pay period considering the constant management changes and policy changes in the last year alone.
Do not recommend working here.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2016
If you can avoid this place do the place is run by people who have no idea what they are doing. No help from management and when they do help they have no idea whay to do.
Pros
The drivers
NOT in the contract
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92126October 21, 2016
IF you think a day of being called and harassed to fil machines that you later have to clean due to poor upkeep expired goods from years ago in stores that dont even like the product. You load your truck everyday before you go home to be ready for in the morning. If you need help you can forget it everyones hurt on the job and managers just put all the blame on you when its there equipment that doesnt work malfunctions and slowers the overall process down hardest part of this job is dealing with management not following up when a new driver is introduced no badges or introduction is given to anyone you dont even get a proper running truck while you watch what you thought you signed up for (AVE C) is cake but if you catch the short end of the stick and get the vending side goodluck having a life.
Pros
Good Pay, OK People
Cons
no lunch, no life no nothing just work
its ok
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCOctober 18, 2016
its not a company that you can rep your benefits. management could get better. chef managers are suppose to know basic foods group.
Long days just get longer if you dont stick up for yourself
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILSeptember 30, 2016
You work hard all day and hustle to finish up and go home because you aren't paid by the hour. Only to get phone calls thruout the day that you need to go somewhere else not on the route for the day or you need to cover for someone else who decided not to show up. If you comply you are a great employee, but if you ask about any extra compensation or decline then they start to look for things to write you up over and try to fire you (because they cant just fire you since its a union job). You work an average of 12-13 hours a day but the pay is based on an 8 hour day. Don't let them fool you with their pay is based on commission speech. I would work a route that made a lot of money but when I reached the threshold of commission or base salary they always switched my route so that I would only make my base pay. which is 550/week. after working 60-72 hours in a week and you make 550 for that week before taxes or any deductions....you leave feeling taken advantage and they will keep pushing you saying you need to work more. My advice is don't take this job because you will fall into a trap where it makes it hard to even look for another job since youll pretty much spend your whole days working leaving just enough time to sleep and wake up to do it all over again
Pros
Sometimes nice views of the downtown area
Cons
The job, management
This job was very easy
Order Picker/Puller (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 17, 2016
They had immature people not doing team work are following instructions the managers were not there most of the so there was no order
Great place to work for all ages!
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 7, 2016
Best job I have worked at so far. Management is great, working with clients is great, consistent paychecks, great learning environment!
Pros
Food, healthcare, management, compensation plan
Cons
Work hours
good place to work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNJuly 5, 2016
a typical day at work starting at 4am to get scanner and money bags ready for the day, to make sure you have all material before leaving terminal, follow manifest on scanner to do all machines until last machine till being done

what I learned from management is that theres no communication at all between the upper staff or to the route drivers, a lot of supervisiors promising one thing and then doing another

worked with a great crew, all route drivers worked together well
hardest part of the job is just not communication coming from upper management of important stuff that needs to be known bout upcoming business ventures instead of being left in the dark

the company made a very bad choice letting me go!!!

the most enjoyable part was meeting new people out at business filling machines up and knowing that even filling food and drink machines up it still makes a difference.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
lost business, had to lay ppl off
great, relaxing place to work
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 23, 2016
everybody is very nice and understanding. very funny people. the people that work there make you feel welcome. the work is not very hard but it fun to me because i like customer service
Home/Life balance
Route Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 17, 2016
I love working for this company but the turnover is kind of high. I'm getting older and the pay is based on how much you do. I don't have a problem working hard because I have a family, but with the high turn over...I'm expected to take on additional routes and then get paid by a "grade." If it was a percentage amount that would be different...but trying to keep a high grade with routes added weekly is hard. I've learned how to multi-task with the additional routes and still able to be off on weekends with my family. The most enjoyable part of the job are my customers. They make me laugh because they always say how can you talk, stock but never turn around and miss a beat.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Turn over
Working at Canteen
Order Puller/Picker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2016
I think it's a good place to work.There is a lot of opportunity to grow.My work days can be short on some days but can also be very tedious some days. My co-workers and I work as a team to get the job done.
Management team is unorganized
Route Sales Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
I love the job cause of the physical work, customer experience, and driver experience.
But the management and staff team is unorganized. No one is on the same page. Job advancement is poor. i been here 4 years and no advancements in wages nor position has been presented to employees but more work is add a pond.
Lack of appreciation and support
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 3, 2016
Canteen Business Dinning Southeast Region does not appreciate the hard and long hours the employees and manager spend. There's no support at all.

This division want to sell a state of the art new services with no invesments in resources and no support in their team. Florida division has the worst facilities to manage food. No equipment, no investment.

Is a good Company on the benefits, that's all.
Great place to work, glad I spent time there.
Lead Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2016
This is a great place to plant your feet and build a firm foundation. The people I work with daily are concerned about each other and providing great service for the customer. My coworkers are some of the best I have ever had and I feel secure and supported as a valued member of the service team.
Everyday brings it's challenges and no two days are the same, full of puzzles and problems that bring us together with solutions.
Pros
Deep resources for customer support.
Cons
Lack of upward mobility and poor wages.
Highly demanding however rewarding
Culinary Manager Catering Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 15, 2016
The job was very stressful, having to change in a moments notice if necessary. However at the same time it was very rewarding. I enjoyed this job very much. Upper management was great, co-workers were always helpful.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the long hours, sometimes pulling 16 to 18 hours at times. The most enjoyable part is knowing that your services were appreciated and watching peoples face as they ate your food and enjoyed the environment you have assembled for their function!
Pros
Rewarding job and fascinating learning experience
Cons
Extremely long hours
Terrible values
chef (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 25, 2016
This place is a slave driving hello hole. The management of the centers sucks and flip flops at least once a month due to lack of ability to hire the appropriate managers. Once you report the manager for discrimination you are basically forced to quit. I reported a manager and was told I was being transferred over an hour away and I would be working without a gap but 4 weeks after that I still wasn't working yet the scum that mistreated the employees is working. This place is a joke. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU HAVE MORALS.
Pros
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation, slave labor no life out of work
It was great working. something diffeent, but fun.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I learned a lot from Canteen specially how to be excellent at multitasking. It was a fast paced environment, answering phones none stop and helping our technicians plus dispatching calls from other answering services.
Pros
The challenge
Cons
Terrible management with no respect for associates
warehouse lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2015
Going in pulling orders for drivers, The management plays favorites. the hardest part of the job was having deal with the drivers and management,
Pros
weekends off
long days with no appreciatio
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INDecember 30, 2015
been with company for almost ten years. was hoping to be further along in company they do not promote within im looking for loyalty and appreciation and advaancement
Pros
its been a very secure job
Cons
family life suffers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CANTEEN VENDING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6