Canterbury on the Lake Employee Reviews in United States

Best Place to Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIDecember 9, 2013
I enjoyed working here. I recommend this place for all. I had a great balance between my work life and family life. My kids are always needing my help and I managed help them and to get my job done here.
Workplace with Senior Citizens
Prep Cook/RC Cook (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MiAugust 14, 2013
A typical day at Canterbury was full of tasks such as preparing desserts for the patients in the right amount and adequate form as well as working on the line with the cook. I learned about mechanical and puree diets.My co workers were willing to show me new things and always help me out when needed. The hardest part of the job was time.The most enjoyable part of the day was preparing the desserts and being creative with them.
Pros
free lunch, hour break
Cons
variety of different job areas
Decent pay, difficult environment.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIApril 15, 2013
As a dietary aide, my job included a wide spectrum of responsibilities that ranged from serving meals for nursing residents, preparing and cooking food, dishwashing and sanitation, stock, and inventory. Due to the flexible nature of my job description, I was often called upon to fill many roles in the food service department.

There was always friction between the head my department and the head of the nursing department which meant that on any given day, my job expectations would change requiring me to adjust my time management and re-prioritize my responsibilities. This happened at least once a week.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no room for growth, friction at the administrative level
For the most part, I enjoyed my stay at Canterbury on the Lake.
C.N.A. / LEAP Coordinator / Spa Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 11, 2012
While I stayed busy, it was a very rewarding job. I love my Canterbury family, am happy to have made a difference to the people who reside there, and learned a lot.

Want to know more about Canterbury on the Lake?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canterbury on the Lake. Our community is ready to answer.