Cantex Continuing Care Network Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Unit Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJanuary 18, 2018
You will enjoy working here. This company has been around for a long time and has a bad wrap, but you cannot judge based on other people's experience.
Pros
environment
Horrible Nurse review
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2017
Haven't been employed long but the management is ghetto. No communication. No sympathy for employees. As a previous Nurse manager I know the duties but at this facility managers just delegate. All you hear is complaints. Residents will tell you to find another job. Very few staff are there for care. No team work. Short staffed and personality issues. Adults that act like children. Easy to lose license. Whether New or old fiend for yourself. Unorganized. Wound care is horrible.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Pay, cut hours, mgmt bad attitude, short staff
Worst company to work for
Management team (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 12, 2017
Terrible place to work! Does not know the meaning of team work nor customer services. Management is a joke. New administrator every two weeks because no one can handle the micromanagement of corporate.
Go anywhere else
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2017
Unprofessional upper management. The patients are only a number and a dollar sign. Poor management. Extreme lack of employee appreciation. Pay is very poor resulting in staff that are not well educated and not properly trained. Many angry families related to sub par care.
Pros
Cons
Multiple
poorly
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mathis, TXOctober 16, 2017
i was in charge of keeping patients clean, transferring them from one place to another and feeding them during breakfast and lunch. Some halls where patients were kept were in need of two people and only one would be assigned. Most staff did not care for the elderly, talked about them poorly and treated them unfairly. State was called several times, but they were always given a heads up and cleaned up their act while they were there.
Pros
morning shift
Cons
not enough love
I would not recommend
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 13, 2017
just not managed very well! I would not recommend!
only see patients as commodities very hot and dry enviroment like a sweatshop for meds I would seek else where
Pros
Cons
Management needs improvement only care explioting patients with pain meds!
One of the worst places I’ve ever worked
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 30, 2017
From top to bottom, literally, administrator to DON to floor staff this place was a disaster. I’ve been a nurse since 2010 and prior to that got my degree in Radiology. I have worked in Trauma hospitals, LTAC, private duty pediatric to geriatric and I can honestly say I am appalled not only for the staff but for the residents. In my short time as an employee I witnessed drama/gossip/high schoolish behavior between all staff and management...but even more appalling than that was the way management NEVER had the employees backs. Everyday I would show up to work and we would NOT have the essential necessities to take care of our residents. No spoons in the entire building to give crushed meds. No briefs, no clean linen and no laundry on staff...new admits that would just show up that no one even had report on, essential equipment like bipap and O2 masks gone. No formula for our g-tube patients. You may think I’m exaggerating but I promise I am not. No staff. I would come onto shift with 36 patients all med surg 4 of which had IV ABT thru their PICC lines, and all 4 were scheduled at the same time sometimes twice on my shift and I would have 1 CNA who was like 8 months pregnant?!? Management could careless and even more than that if you are a good honest hard working caring nurse who actually WANTS to do your job right they will retaliate. ANYONE AND I REPEAT ANYONE WHO TRIES TO FIX WHAT THEY HAVE PURPOSEFULLY BROKEN WILL BE TARGETED! Every possible thing you, as a nurse, would be speechless about was happening here...including staff on staff verbal abuse, resident to resident,  more... resident to staff, no meds, wrong meds, no orders, can’t get orders. Your license literally will be on the line every single shift. Scariest thing ever!  less
Pros
Cons
To many to write just read review
Full time job with part time hours
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seagoville, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I was employed there as a full time employee, but hours were regularly cut due to patient count. Sometimes I would drive up to work to be immediately sent home because of the count whenever they could have called me and told me just to stay home.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours cut, bad management
Not enough training
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXAugust 30, 2017
On my first day there, I was told"this is how you do it unless state is in the building". Then my 2nd dayI was told that after 3 days I wouldnt get ANY help. Im ALL about team work. On the outside it appears to be a nice place but that isnt the reality.
Pros
couldnt tell you any
Cons
No teamwork/ training is horrible/
Not at bad place to work
Precert Coordinator (Current Employee) –  work from homeAugust 17, 2017
I enjoy my current position. I have met a lot of awesome people. And have learned so much about the industry. Always something new to learn. The team I work with are great.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXAugust 16, 2017
One of the better SNF, I have worked for. As a traveler in the Northeast of the US. I have seen it all. Great new modern buildings. Good regional management.
Great Company!
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2017
I am very pleased and happy to be a part of Cantex! The 2 day Leadership orientation in Addison was a lot of fun and it was an awesome opportunity to learn more about the company and put a face to the names of those I communicate with frequently! I loved the opportunity to network amongst my company as well!
I have been with Cantex since June and have nothing but great things to say about my co-workers, management team and working for Cantex!
Pros
Great training oppourtunities, Work life balance, Benefits
Busy and productive
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2017
Busy from time you get there until you leave. Good about keeping you informed about changes.Friendly and helpful co workers. Good management.Hardest part is continual changes with the government.
it is hard
Nutrition Aide Trainer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 25, 2017
it is hard and a lot of work. always having to go back and redo things because other come back and mess them up and change things all the time for no reason.
Could be great, but misses the mark
Nurse (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 7, 2017
There are lots of poor reviews for a reason. The sad part is this could be a really good place to work with a few changes. Unfortunately, the company is strictly profit driven above all else and there will never be any changes. Employee concerns are ignored. If they believe the census is not high enough they will tell you to stay home and not come to work that day (so you miss a shift and pay for that shift). If you are there they will do the same to another nurse or aide and the people left there are completely overworked and stressed to level 10. The only way to finish your work is to cut corners and that's not safe. Patients get angry because of how poorly run the place is and they can't get the attention they need.

On my second day of "training" my trainer didn't show up and I was expected to just do the job. That's with hardly knowing how their complicated eMAR works and just trying to learn the layout of the place. I kept hearing how no one ever stayed and the other nurses and aides wished they could get a decent team together but all of the good people that came in would quit after a month or two.

The place I worked looks very nice and upper scale, so I ignored the poor reviews. The pay is pretty decent as well. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
shift call offs, very high stress
Horrible is an understatement!
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXJuly 1, 2017
Ghetto administration.......no employee recognition. Staff to patient ratio unacceptable. I would not put a family member of mine there if they offered the stay for free.
Pros
Quitting as fast as you can!
Cons
Applying
Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJune 21, 2017
Cantex is an amazing company with great opportunities for growth and development. There is job security, great benefits (vacations, health and retirement).
This company is expects VERY high productivity with very little in return.
Unknown (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 11, 2017
Cantex (Rehab division) is very much a self serving company. There are no true efforts to encourage employee morale. Productivity expectations are extremely high (98-120%), very little to no staff education on new and upcoming processes, and poor staff -management communication. There is no real loyalty when it comes to the company having your back. You are always replaceable and they don't have a problem letting you know it. I say all this not because I'm bitter (wasn't let go or fired) but because it's true. I stay for one reason that I can't divulge at this time.
Pros
Higher paying salary
Cons
See review
The director of the building doesn't care about patients or staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
The administrative of the building is not fit to run the facility, I even had several family members complained on her, constantly losing patients because of her
Horrible company to work for
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 23, 2017
The administration is horrible! The administrator treats the employees like he couldn't care if you're there or not. They promise new admits anything they can to get people in the door, then won't give the staff the help they need to keep those promises. They stay way understaffed, and almost every day, they have an inservice jumping on everyone for not doing something in their ridiculous computer system, that no one told you to do, or showed you how to get to. They have the hardest system to learn, and only give you 1 day of training. They run off the good help and keep the nurses and CNA's that are lazy and rude.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cantex Continuing Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8