Canton City Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Laid back workplace, fun activities.
Bus Aide (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 22, 2017
Typically start at 6:30 to 9:30. Return at 1:30 to finish day around 5:00 pm.
Co workers are nice and giving.
Hardest part of job keeping children seated during the ride.
Most enjoyable is interacting with the children daily.
Pros
Holidays off. summer off paid.
Cons
Paycheck is based on 176 days worked. Approx. half of what normal jobs offer due to summer pay.
Fun place to work for
Child Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 4, 2017
Get to enjoy playing with children in the elementary schools during recess monitoring. Help in the lunch rooms as to washing and sterilizing the food trays. I really enjoy being around children
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Only working 2-2 1/2 hours when needed
productive and fun, fast learning place
costodian (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 12, 2016
the co-workers were very friendly, it was a safe environment. The management was great. the most enjoyable part of the job was the hours that i was working.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
not air conditioned
great place to work.
Custodian/Fireman (Current Employee) –  canton ohio, McKinley high SchoolNovember 1, 2016
enjoy working with kids and teachers. every day is different, with new sporting events,plays, canton symphony, graduations, public events and HALL OF FAME WEEK!
fun even paced job
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 5, 2016
I love this job. I love children even though they are my biggest headache of the day, they make it worth it. they have issues just like we do but its pretty interesting stuff.
a caring and supportive community
Director (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 2, 2016
A great place to work as the adults show such love and affection for many of our less fortunate students.
We has a safe haven environment where were able to provide our students with skills and material items they were unable to get at home.
My job NEVER allowed for a typical day--not mentioned earlier, I was the first called in any and all emergency/traumatic situations and needed to pull the correct team together to deal with these situations(student shootings, student or staff sudden death...)
Pros
employees really cared about our kids
Cons
the high jobless rate and low income levels
Love it....not the pay rate
Literacy Aide Head Start (Former Employee) –  canton city schoolsSeptember 17, 2015
Working with children is new everyday. Coworkers were all like minded and hard working. Pay rate is too low to maintain a household.
Daily challenge
Secretary, Teacher's Assistant, Community Worker (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 16, 2015
Fast paced offices, classroom enchanting. Right now I am a substitute for the school system. I am a secretary one day and a teachers assistant the next. My co-workers are not always the same so... Management is very supportive, they also show love and compassion to the children.The hardest part about the job is moving around daily and accepting very minimal pay. I enjoy the fast paced office, keeping busy. The children are a handfull but, I enjoy them as well.
Cons
Very minimal pay.
high school filled with wonderful teacheers and stufents for the most part.
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 19, 2015
Educational facility with the pressures that are now being experienced by all educational establishments. Teachers whop care so much for their students, the one's who need it the most. I loved my students and my job but had to retire.
Pros
the students
Cons
The restrictions placed on education.
Interesting environment
LIBRARIAN (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 17, 2014
Position has been eliminated. Only a portion of the staff utilized resources. Management encouraged me to integrate electronic resources at one school site.
Pros
Great deal of lattitude in how services were delivered
Cons
Change in administration changed priorities
Love working with children
Kindergarten Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 7, 2014
My day starts off by greeting students as they arrive at school each morning@7:30. We have a morning meeting starting with The Pledge and then dismissed to class around 8:10-8:15. I take attandence and lunch count for the teacher. Bathroom break @9:00, reading groups where I work with a small group. Recess is @ 10:55 where I stay with them until lunch at 11:20. I take lunch from 11:25-12:10. Small math groups then we have specials. Each day is different: gym, art or music. This is when I do copying or anything else the teacher may have for me. I clean/disinect tables and get snack ready, children usually return @ 1:30. I gather all information to send home and place in bookbags and my day concludes at 1:50(sometimes I stay a little over if we busy). My co-workers are fabulous and I love helping and being with the children. Some really need positive feelings we provide on a daily basis. Love the hugs and smiles I get daily. Wish I could be more than just a Kdg Asst to some. Would love it if I could be a school nurse.
Kids...
Substitute Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 9, 2014
This was a challenging occupation. Children of different ages and backgrounds and education levels being taught the same way...
Fulfilling Job With Many Benefits
SECRETARY II (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 8, 2014
Working for Canton City Schools was very fulfilling because it not only was an enjoyable job, it came with the benefits of many personal interactions with people who were caring and kind.
A typical day included the rush of incoming students, on time and late, report generating, staff assistance, and helping students to the right people to help them.
The hardest part of my job was the intense stress that came some days and was overwhelming. It was manageable but very draining.
It was countered with the ability to serve others successfully and do my job well.
Pros
Great benefits--retirement and health, summers off with pay, discounted lunch and tickets for events.
Cons
Overwhelming stress.
love my job.
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 11, 2014
constant flux of student improvement.great principals and great work atmosphere. love working with the kids and watching them grow.
Pros
very good insurance
Cons
salary
loved working in different fields daily
Sub-Aide/Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 22, 2014
learned various different skills with this company, such as remote support, google training, the mentor bay, how to fulfill a customers needs and wants. How to deescalate a angry customer call and much more.
Amazing Enviornment
Color Guard Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 18, 2014
It was a summer job because I attended collegel. I was incharge of making routines for the Color Guard memebers,. Prepare them for the parade and their fall season of Color Guard.
Pros
Great people/Enviornment
Cons
Less fundings for girls.
Help in class room with school work.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 30, 2013
I would help out in class room with the children doing different activities. I would take them out to recess and lunch. There is no hard part of the job cause I love working with children.
Relaxed, professional environment with ability to meet new people.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 31, 2013
Able to work freely and productively. An environment that is pleasant, moderate to fast paced allowing for creativity. I have learned that working with diverse people takes an ability to compromise and express views easily and honestly. The hardest part of a job is working with no direction or goals. The most enjoyable part is the ability to help a customer confidently and to the best of my ability.
Pros
Ability to walk/excercise or just have down time during lunch.
Cons
No time for family.
Canton City Schools
Team worker (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 22, 2013
Get to work help out in office with answering phones or the people who come in. Then go take care of the student I have, then back to helping in office. In afternoon, go back to the student I have.
Fun and always changing workplace and never a dull moment.
Substitute (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 3, 2013
Depending on where and what grade I'm subbing I'm always learning new fun things from day to day. The hardest part of the job I would say would be spreading your attention equally with all the children/young adults. The most enjoyable part will be, always meeting new faces and personality's at each school I attend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canton City Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3