Canton City Schools

Canton City Schools Employer Reviews

Kids...
Substitute Support Staff (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 9, 2014
This was a challenging occupation. Children of different ages and backgrounds and education levels being taught the same way...
Fulfilling Job With Many Benefits
SECRETARY II (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits--retirement and health, summers off with pay, discounted lunch and tickets for events.
Cons: overwhelming stress.
Working for Canton City Schools was very fulfilling because it not only was an enjoyable job, it came with the benefits of many personal interactions with people who were caring and kind.
A typical day included the rush of incoming students, on time and late, report generating, staff assistance, and helping students to the right people to help them.
The – more... hardest part of my job was the intense stress that came some days and was overwhelming. It was manageable but very draining.
It was countered with the ability to serve others successfully and do my job well. – less
love my job.
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee), Canton, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: very good insurance
Cons: salary
constant flux of student improvement.great principals and great work atmosphere. love working with the kids and watching them grow.
loved working in different fields daily
Sub-Aide/Staff Support (Former Employee), Canton, OHMay 22, 2014
learned various different skills with this company, such as remote support, google training, the mentor bay, how to fulfill a customers needs and wants. How to deescalate a angry customer call and much more.
Amazing Enviornment
Color Guard Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Canton, OHMay 18, 2014
Pros: great people/enviornment
Cons: less fundings for girls.
It was a summer job because I attended collegel. I was incharge of making routines for the Color Guard memebers,. Prepare them for the parade and their fall season of Color Guard.
Help in class room with school work.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Canton, OHNovember 30, 2013
I would help out in class room with the children doing different activities. I would take them out to recess and lunch. There is no hard part of the job cause I love working with children.
Relaxed, professional environment with ability to meet new people.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee), Canton, OHMay 31, 2013
Pros: ability to walk/excercise or just have down time during lunch.
Cons: no time for family.
Able to work freely and productively. An environment that is pleasant, moderate to fast paced allowing for creativity. I have learned that working with diverse people takes an ability to compromise and express views easily and honestly. The hardest part of a job is working with no direction or goals. The most enjoyable part is the ability to help a – more... customer confidently and to the best of my ability. – less
Fun and always changing workplace and never a dull moment.
Substitute (Current Employee), Canton, OHMarch 3, 2013
Depending on where and what grade I'm subbing I'm always learning new fun things from day to day. The hardest part of the job I would say would be spreading your attention equally with all the children/young adults. The most enjoyable part will be, always meeting new faces and personality's at each school I attend.
On call substitute job
SUBSTITUTE CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), Canton, OhioJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: basically built my own work schedule and the work was always within my school district.
Cons: lack of work.
I can take jobs as I want them. Friendly coworkers and managers. Work can be scarce to come by as a Substitute Custodian.