Cantor Fitzgerald Employee Reviews

Productive workplace, intellctual team
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Executive to CEO of Cantor Fitzgerald and two other lead managing directors. Provided full-cycle support for several C level executives, clients, and business partners.
The office was very nice as were the employees
Consultant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
My short time at Cantor was a positive one. I had a good relationship with my supervisor.

It was a temporary position. My duties were very defined and limited. I would have preferred to do more.
Pros
I liked the hours and the casual atmosphere
Cons
It was temporary and I had little to do.
Good place to work..
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2016
It was a long time ago, but very good company. Lots of great managers, I learned a lot from there. Cantor Fitzgerald has a lot of growth and good opportunities.. Really good people work hard there and good moral.
Pros
use to get free lunches, great benefits, good bonus
Manager
New Accounts Associate (KYC) - Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2016
My manager immediately saw potential within me and gave me opportunities to learn about the different parts of the team. She showed me hands on, walked me through and although she corrected me often she congratulated me as well. She increased my pay twice, based on my increased duties and performance.
Fast paced and exciting environement
Middle Office Manager- Debt Capital Markets (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Great fast paced environment to learn and grow your career. Great Co workers and colleagues to work with. Great leadership from top down.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
no cons
Fast Pace
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
Fun place to work great comrades in very fact paced work place. Offices layouts provide adequate circulation and the kitchens on almost every trading floor are serving great food.
Terrible morral
Senior IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJMay 3, 2016
YOu would think after 9/11 it would be a place like home, but it was nowhere near family. Very disappointing how quickly this place went downhill.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
mean and uncaring bosses
Great Learning Experience
Partnership Department, Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
I greatly enjoyed my time there as an intern. Employees were extremely nice and I learned a lot about the company and about the financial industry as a whole.
Great company to work for, BUT..
Senior IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJFebruary 10, 2016
Cantor itself was a great place to work because all the employees there (aside from management) truly cared about doing a great job and were very nice people to work with. Management was a hit or miss situation as some managers went out of their way for their employees, while others didn't get involved at all.

A typical day at Cantor varied from day to day, but for the most part most of the support calls were Bloomberg feeds or other market data feeds down, an occasional virus ect.

The hardest part of the job was the pressure to get problems resolved as time is money in the brokerage world.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that although there were specific departments for things such as phones, servers or backups, whereas at Cantor, I was able to get my hands dirty in all aspects of technology
Pros
Diverse duties, great co-workers
Cons
None that I can think of
investment banking
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
investment banking in the current environment is very difficult if you do not have committed capital - even if you have balance sheet it is not easy - life is better on the buy side
Great and intelligent group of people - very long hours.
Executive/Personal Assistant to Chairman and CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2015
First one in the office and last one out. Up to 18+ hour work days without leaving the office.
I learned to be a master at organization.
Great learning experience
Junior Trader - Primary Dealer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2015
Loved my coworkers. Intense work environment. Learned how to prepare so i am able to handle any situation and solve any problem.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no breaks
standard corporate actions work
Junior Trader / Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2015
process all corporate actions

conversions, factor adjustments, coupons tender offers etc

process syndicated loan closings

answer all corporate action related mails
Pros
quiet atmosphere low pressure
Cons
boring monotonous
Great place for a headstart. will learn a lot but room for growth is very limited
VP, Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
Great place to get a good head start. Will learn a great in the first few years but room for growth is very limited. Very flat hierarchy. Will likely have exposure to senior management.
Cons
no matching 401k
Great place to work and help rebuild the business.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2014
I joined Cantor Fitzgerald a month after the tragic events of September 11, 2001. I was extremely excited and nervous to help them rebuild there equity trading platform. Over the past 13 years, I have worked and learned from some of the best professionals Wall Street will ever see. In that process, I've always met friends and colleagues that I remain close for the rest of my life. Though I am no longer at Cantor Fitzgerald, I will always remain a fan of their success, which I know I had a hand in preserving. That being said, I still have a lot of gas left in the tank, and look forward to the next chapter of my career.
Pros
People, comradery
Cons
pricey healthcare
Accountant
Tax Analyst, Tax Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Prepared tax returns for corporations and individuals. Prepared various state returns, including Hawaii. Responded to Internal Revenue Services notices.
Productive work place
Receptionist /Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
I'm created, organized with experience track record.
I am motivated, innovate and a team player.
Always look over your shoulder.
Energy Derivatives Broker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Just stay away.Management was always looking for a scapegoat.
Don't believe any of the good reviews
VP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2014
Don't believe anyone on this site that says that Cantor is a good place to work. The mission of the CEO and top management is to screw employees out of whatever money they can. Their overtime policy is borderline illegal and their bonuses are a joke. Most of it is given out in a restricted stock scheme that vests after most people have left the firm. The turnover in the HR department is the worse which says a lot. Stay away from this place if you want to have a decent career.
Partnership will be exposed as ponzy scheme
Agency Trader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2014
At first glance Cantor Fitzgerald seems like any other regional investment bank. After a closer look the CEO of the firm Howard Lutnick and his partnership with the employees is a detriment to paying competitive salaries, hiring top level talent, and it erodes trust between employees and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cantor Fitzgerald. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9