Cantor Fitzgerald Employee Reviews

Say goodbye to your free time.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2017
Largest investment bank that works you to the bone. Give up your life and everything to work here 24/7. Everyone here was overworked and over-stressed.
Dissapointing experience
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Job and risk parameters completely misrepresented by direct manager during recruitment and hiring process. Rules of engagement extremely one sided and overwhelmingly in favor of distribution.
Pros
Big company with positive name recognition. Entrepreneurial culture.
Cons
Poor understanding of certain industry sectors and procedures
Stay away
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Cantor has a miserable working environment. Lack of benefits - no 401K match, no tuition reimbursement, health care is terrible, no learning & development classes. The software used is very old - most systems are terribly outdated which is worrisome for such a large company. Many people have a terrible attitude and appear to hate their jobs and everyone else. If you need experience in financial services, then I would recommend this company. Otherwise, don't
Cons
Health care, benefits, time off
Long hours, stressful management
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
The work load is high, although to their defense they were never unclear about that point. The atmosphere is fast paced. Everyone on my team worked 12 hour days and we almost always ate lunch at our desks while writing software. The one advantage is that in a short amount of time you will be able to say that you accomplished very much, because they throw a lot of work at you.
Pros
growth potential
Cons
heavy work pace
Lol
Partnership Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2017
No job security, here today, gone tomorrow! Pay is horrendous unless your a pal of the CEO, benefits are horrendous bc theyre so cheap. Culture was young, and fun. Made some of my best friends there.
Management was a joke, empty promises.
Pros
young crowd
Cons
pretty much everything
professional atmosphere
operations associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2017
Supporting traders and working closely with counterparts is a challenging and rewarding experience. Friendly co-workers makes for a productive experience.
Good and reputable Wall Street firm
Managing Director, Fixed Income Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
Good firm with a quite competitive reputation on Wall Street. Enjoyed working there. Fair and competitive compensation structure. Good location in Midtown Manhattan.
Very produtive. a great place to learn and grow professionally
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2017
Quite and polite
environment is friendly
very corporate setting
employees communicate, team driven
upper management is nice
meetings to keep employees up to date on the changes in the company
great benifits
Ok
well as Equity Listed & OTC broker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2017
Worked here for 3.5 years currently. Culture is not ideal but good place to learn being it is a very manual firm. Don't expect growth and good benefits.
Productive workplace, intellctual team
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Executive to CEO of Cantor Fitzgerald and two other lead managing directors. Provided full-cycle support for several C level executives, clients, and business partners.
The office was very nice as were the employees
Consultant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
My short time at Cantor was a positive one. I had a good relationship with my supervisor.

It was a temporary position. My duties were very defined and limited. I would have preferred to do more.
Pros
I liked the hours and the casual atmosphere
Cons
It was temporary and I had little to do.
Good place to work..
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2016
It was a long time ago, but very good company. Lots of great managers, I learned a lot from there. Cantor Fitzgerald has a lot of growth and good opportunities.. Really good people work hard there and good moral.
Pros
use to get free lunches, great benefits, good bonus
Manager
New Accounts Associate (KYC) - Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2016
My manager immediately saw potential within me and gave me opportunities to learn about the different parts of the team. She showed me hands on, walked me through and although she corrected me often she congratulated me as well. She increased my pay twice, based on my increased duties and performance.
Fast paced and exciting environement
Middle Office Manager- Debt Capital Markets (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Great fast paced environment to learn and grow your career. Great Co workers and colleagues to work with. Great leadership from top down.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
no cons
Fast Pace
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
Fun place to work great comrades in very fact paced work place. Offices layouts provide adequate circulation and the kitchens on almost every trading floor are serving great food.
Terrible morral
Senior IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJMay 3, 2016
YOu would think after 9/11 it would be a place like home, but it was nowhere near family. Very disappointing how quickly this place went downhill.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
mean and uncaring bosses
Great Learning Experience
Partnership Department, Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
I greatly enjoyed my time there as an intern. Employees were extremely nice and I learned a lot about the company and about the financial industry as a whole.
Great company to work for, BUT..
Senior IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJFebruary 10, 2016
Cantor itself was a great place to work because all the employees there (aside from management) truly cared about doing a great job and were very nice people to work with. Management was a hit or miss situation as some managers went out of their way for their employees, while others didn't get involved at all.

A typical day at Cantor varied from day to day, but for the most part most of the support calls were Bloomberg feeds or other market data feeds down, an occasional virus ect.

The hardest part of the job was the pressure to get problems resolved as time is money in the brokerage world.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that although there were specific departments for things such as phones, servers or backups, whereas at Cantor, I was able to get my hands dirty in all aspects of technology
Pros
Diverse duties, great co-workers
Cons
None that I can think of
investment banking
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
investment banking in the current environment is very difficult if you do not have committed capital - even if you have balance sheet it is not easy - life is better on the buy side
Great and intelligent group of people - very long hours.
Executive/Personal Assistant to Chairman and CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2015
First one in the office and last one out. Up to 18+ hour work days without leaving the office.
I learned to be a master at organization.