Cantor Fitzgerald Employee Reviews

Great place to work and help rebuild the business.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2014
I joined Cantor Fitzgerald a month after the tragic events of September 11, 2001. I was extremely excited and nervous to help them rebuild there equity trading platform. Over the past 13 years, I have worked and learned from some of the best professionals Wall Street will ever see. In that process, I've always met friends and colleagues that I remain close for the rest of my life. Though I am no longer at Cantor Fitzgerald, I will always remain a fan of their success, which I know I had a hand in preserving. That being said, I still have a lot of gas left in the tank, and look forward to the next chapter of my career.
Pros
people, comradery
Cons
pricey healthcare
Employees are not valued
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2011
Cantor Fitzgerald provides new employees with little to no job training. It is a high pressure, stressful environment. Employees are not valued. The firm has an open door policy; as quickly as it opens they ask you to leave. It is the most unprofessional environment I've had the horror of working at. It is not an experience I'd recommend to anyone but don't take my word for it. Do your due diligence. There are other sites and many people who would agree with my sentiment. If you do work for CF, I hope your experience is a lot better than at least a dozen people I've met.
Pros
if you can survive here you can anywhere.
Cons
long hours poor working culture
Our office is a small family
Assistant Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 10, 2012
I have worked with the same group for the past fifteen plus years. We all work well together and independently. Our main focus is to meet the needs of our clients with the upmost professionalism. Most of our clients have followed us throughout our business ventures. We recently merged with Cantor Fitzgerald as a division of their Prime Brokerage business for the New York area. I call my office my second home, but I do feel as if my time is slowly coming to an end. Most of what I did for the original company has been moved over to the main office since we merged.
Pros
discount on my cell service
Cons
healthcare, no 401k match
Prestigious stepping stone
Middle Office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2013
Cantor Fitzgerald is a prestigious company to work for. They carry a lot of notoriety in investment banking and electronic brokerage services.

There is high employee turnover at Cantor. This is because, they rarely promote from within. They are more likely to hire someone for more money from outside of the company.

If you are looking for career advancement, Cantor has a great name. But they are known not to pay well unless you work in the Front office. Best to work for a year, leave for another company, and come back a year later to negotiate a better salary.

But the people at Cantor are awesome. Its a place that encourages others to build great bonds and friendships.
Pros
people, company prestige
Cons
pay, employee turnover, training procedures
A big business run like a small business
Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2012
It's been said that Cantor Fitzgerald is a big business run like a small business. I've found this to be true. There is a lot of red tape to get through in order to even begin to do the simplest task. I would have rather just be free to get the work done. The people are generally friendly and supportive, but management can be unreasonably difficult at times. They want to be consulted on every small decision, however, a lot of the time they are not available so things take longer to get done.
Don't believe any of the good reviews
VP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2014
Don't believe anyone on this site that says that Cantor is a good place to work. The mission of the CEO and top management is to screw employees out of whatever money they can. Their overtime policy is borderline illegal and their bonuses are a joke. Most of it is given out in a restricted stock scheme that vests after most people have left the firm. The turnover in the HR department is the worse which says a lot. Stay away from this place if you want to have a decent career.
nice place to work - great benifits
Executive Personall Assistant (Former Employee) –  110 East 59th Street, NY, NY 10022March 1, 2012
Cantor Fitzgerald & L.P. is a great office to work in. But with all they have been through you think that they would appreciate loyal employees who go above and beyond. That is not the case is some of the departments. Can getting stuff fixed through the IT department is like dealing with a goverment agency - so much red tape for the most simple thing.
Cons
no breaks - expected to eat lunch in
Partnership will be exposed as ponzy scheme
Agency Trader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2014
At first glance Cantor Fitzgerald seems like any other regional investment bank. After a closer look the CEO of the firm Howard Lutnick and his partnership with the employees is a detriment to paying competitive salaries, hiring top level talent, and it erodes trust between employees and management.
Solid firm and progressive management
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2013
I function in the Institutional Fixed Income Sales area, dealing specifically with Middle Market accounts. Cantor Fitzgerald is a primary dealer with an emphasis on Tier 1 accounts. The middle markets efforts at Cantor are relatively new to the firm and continuing to grow.
Great place for a headstart. will learn a lot but room for growth is very limited
VP, Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
Great place to get a good head start. Will learn a great in the first few years but room for growth is very limited. Very flat hierarchy. Will likely have exposure to senior management.
Cons
no matching 401k
CF
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2013
Cantor is a very rigid company with a dying brokerage business model. If you need corporate exposure, it's a great place to start your career, but the pay is terrible and the long term growth opportunities are not good.
Great and intelligent group of people - very long hours.
Executive/Personal Assistant to Chairman and CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2015
First one in the office and last one out. Up to 18+ hour work days without leaving the office.
I learned to be a master at organization.
Great Place to work with pleanty of opportunity to advance
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  1 World TradeDecember 16, 2011
Employed between 1994 and 1999; Always felt part of the team. The Management actually cared about each employee..... great Leadership.....
Pros
empowerment
Cons
didn't find any
excellent work enviorment...very professional
Senior Equity Trader (Former Employee) –  manhattan,nyOctober 17, 2012
enjoyed my time at cantor fitzgerald...great managment..worked way up from assistant to head market maker and became partner
Pros
excellent pay..rewarded for performance
standard corporate actions work
Junior Trader / Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2015
process all corporate actions

conversions, factor adjustments, coupons tender offers etc

process syndicated loan closings

answer all corporate action related mails
Pros
quiet atmosphere low pressure
Cons
boring monotonous
Great learning experience
Junior Trader - Primary Dealer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2015
Loved my coworkers. Intense work environment. Learned how to prepare so i am able to handle any situation and solve any problem.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no breaks
investment banking
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
investment banking in the current environment is very difficult if you do not have committed capital - even if you have balance sheet it is not easy - life is better on the buy side
Great Working Environment
New Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2012
It was a pleasure working at cantor fitzgerald, The people, management, are all very professional
and overall great pleace to work.
Pros
great co-workers & management
Cons
n/a
not a great place
Vice President (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2012
lack of professionalism is rampant, no 401k match, worst health coverage in the industry, cronyism is the best way to describe management style.
fun workplace
high yield broker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
8am till 5pm
how to be high yield broker
great
very professional
leaving
going out after work occassionally and having fun
Pros
free lunch