Canvas is a fast growing home goods company that focuses on beautifully designed products that are ethically sourced and environmentally friendly. Currently canvas has two stores in Manhattan, an ecommerce business and wholesales to over 1000 independent and large format retailers. The Canvas corporate office is located in the Soho section of New York City.
Canvas is currently seeking a Senior Inventory Planner to oversee all inventory analysis and purchasing decisions as well as provide sales reporting as it relates directly to skus. The Senior Inventory Planner will specifically be responsible for improving percentage of in-stock, fill rates, and optimizing inventory costs and will serve as a leader within the operations team, driving improvements in systems/processes used to accomplish these tasks. The position will report directly to the VP of Operations.
- Responsible for planning inventory levels to meet corporate cash flow and sales goals
- Provide weekly sales reporting per sku/category by channel to team
- Plan inventory allocations per channel (retail, whsle, web)
- Manage flow-of-goods from overseas suppliers to warehouses
- Manage Production Assistant in creating and maintaining all skus (Wholesale, Retail, Web)
in all systems- QB, QB POS . As well as with issuing and tracking all Purchase Orders.
- Suggest mark downs and manage liquidation strategy on aging inventory as well as transfers
of inventory to minimize storage cost.
- Communicate accurate product availability dates to all channels.
- MUST HAVE 5+ years in a Planner/Analyst/Inventory Manager position.
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- Proficient in advanced level Excel functions
- Strong numerical and analytic aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter; proactive and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a math-related discipline
- Required competencies include business knowledge of retail, wholesale and merchandising concepts.
Salary commiserates with experience. Full benefit package including 3 weeks paid vacation, full health and dental coverage
COVER LETTER REQUIRED, no resume opened without cover letter..