canvas is a fast growing home goods company that focuses on beautifully designed products that are ethically sourced and environmentally friendly. Currently, canvas has two stores in Manhattan, an ecommerce business and wholesales to over 1000 independent and large format retailers.
Canvas is currently seeking a Senior Merchandise Analyst to oversee all inventory analysis and purchasing decisions as well as provide sales reporting as it relates directly to skus. This person will specifically be responsible for improving percentage of in-stock, fill rates, and optimizing inventory costs and will serve as a leader within the operations team, driving improvements in systems/processes used to accomplish these tasks. The position will report directly to the VP of Operations.
- Responsible for planning inventory levels to meet corporate cash flow and sales goals through
comprehensive analysis of product sales.
- Manage and maintain OTB/rolling forecast by channel. (OTB/rolling forecast)
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and assortment strategies.
- Suggest mark downs and manage liquidation strategy on aging inventory.
- Provide weekly sales reporting per sku/category by channel to team
- Communicate accurate product availability dates to all channels.
- MUST HAVE 6+ years in a Planner/Analyst/Inventory Manager position.
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- Proficient in advanced level Excel functions and Retail math.
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude
- Self-starter; proactive and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a math-related discipline
- Required competencies include business knowledge of retail, wholesale and merchandising concepts.
Salary commiserates with experience. Full benefit package including 3 weeks paid vacation, full health and dental coverage
COVER LETTER REQUIRED, no resume opened without cover letter..