CANYON HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in United States

Do not do it
Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSAugust 22, 2014
This is a very incompetent company to work for. I went home crying almost every single night. Opinions and values are not respected at all.
Pros
if you like chaos this is for you
Cons
everything was a con
((((((Alert folks, don't work there!!!!!)))))
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 1, 2014
This company has to be the worst place I have ever worked for in my entire life! If you want a job that trains you well don't count on Atlantic Medical. Shortly after being trained very poorly you will be ostracized by supervisors who are unorganized, immature, dishonest and unprofessional. Just because of that behavior alone, I see employees quitting in droves on a weekly basis. Word of advice, don't work there if you think you'll be treated like a dignified human being. Trust me, you won't.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor training, unprofessional supervision, dishonesty & favoritism
pretty laid back, but always changing
Lead Keyer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 28, 2014
things change every minute of every day.
you will learn about medicare and private insurances
management is good in some parts but others need work
could be a better company if they hired people willing to work
hardest thing is the changes that come non-stop
a good learning process
Document Chase Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2014
• Obtain the required paperwork from Doctor’s offices to fulfill patient orders.
• Make outbound calls to physicians’ offices and customers.
• Take inbound calls from customers and physicians’ offices as required.
• Process routine Rx documentation requests on a continuous basis.
• Handling telephone inquiries from customers and physicians offices regarding documentation
• Receiving and checking prescription requests.
• Responding to patient requests for information about their account status.
• Photocopying and mailing as required.
• Assisting Customer Service if call volumes exceed staffing levels.
Productive and fast paste
Billing/Audit- Externship (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 3, 2014
Working at Canyon Healthcare was great experience. The employees was great and concern about my learning. Canyon Healthcare is a great place to work. The hardest part of the job for me was to ask for help. I have learned that everybody needs a little help. What I like about Canyon Healthcare is the organization is productive and they care not only about the job but they care about you also.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2014
I started working as a data entry clerk for Canyon Healthcare August of 2012. In this position, I handled data entry for patients accounts and insurance accounts.
I started working as Accounts Receivable clerk for Canyon Healthcare May 2013. I am currently still employed with this company.
Great hours
Physician Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Hernando, MSNovember 18, 2013
A really simple job, just not very challenging. expectations changed daily..great people to work with..
A Rising Success
Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 8, 2013
I enjoy working for Canyon Healthcare. The management team is very knowledgeable about the business and is always looking for new ways to grow. There is room for advancement here for those who work hard and prove their dedication to the job. Like most companies there is room for improvement. I would like to see more communication between upper management and employees, however this is a two way street. Management is open to employee feedback unlike any company I have ever worked for in the past. I have learned a lot about medical supplies and the laws surrounding them. I feel privileged to be part of such a great team. The HR team at Canyon is so helpful. I love the fact that their door is always open and they will stop what they are doing to listen and assist with any situation.
Pros
love casual friday and when we get free lunch, low cost dental and vision, great working environment
Cons
communication can improve
Run!
Physician Support (Former Employee) –  MS & TNSeptember 13, 2013
This company is being run illegally. They mail & bill patients for items they don't order. The Manager has begin hiring his friends & family and firing current employees. He says he has 20 years of call center management but one of his friends that he his employed stated that was a lie. He also meets with us every morning to say that if we don't want to be their we can leave because their are other people that would want our $10 hr job.
Pros
no pros
Cons
illegal, management & hr suck, bad pay, harassment
Worst company to work for
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSJuly 9, 2013
Run while you can!!!! Management is terrible. They are the most childish individuals you will ever encounter, they never approach you directly about an issue but rather gossip behind your back and then fire you.

The company is unorganized, unethical, and illegal ! Pay is terrible and there's no room for growth/promotion.

Most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out at 5.
Pros
all the co-workers are really sweet
Cons
pay, benefits, management!!!!!!!!!
Sketchy
Agent (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSApril 25, 2013
This entire operation is sketchy. Maybe even illegal. Time and again people are sent items they never ordered and receive calls that they never signed up for. Medicare doesn't allow marketing to dme customers. I guess the best way around that is too own both the dme company and a marketing company? Job training is lousy. Basically had to figure my job out on my own. Day one I had to bring to management's attention the myriad of hippa violations going on. Probably still are. I got out of this place as soon as possible. Didn't feel right working for a group that is profiting off of mishandled government waste.
Pros
close to home
Cons
high turnover, lousy management, lack of training and sketchy
not a very organized company at all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  hernando, msJanuary 11, 2013
change their policies every other day about how things are supposed to be done. one day they say one thing and the next day they change their mind
Very rude and favoritism workplace.
Physician Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSSeptember 29, 2012
At first they seem worthy but there are a lot of gossip and fake managers. No good benefits! Not a good place to work at all. They are quick to hire but have a very large turnover rate.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
everything.
Great experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXMay 23, 2012
Created department heads to be united, low turnover rate, hard workers, did really good on surveys, very organized to almost micromanaged business approach, best place I worked at. Great Regional
Pros
free lunches, benefits great, up to date software
Cons
too many meetings via phone, census was too high and building too small

2.8