Canyon Ranch Employee Reviews in United States

Work here at your own risk
sales support (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 10, 2016
The pay is low, employees are not valued, bottom line is how much money can Canyon "Rawnch" get from you. Many years ago it was nice. Not anymore. One of the leading therapists there committed suicide before an important meeting she was to have with management. This happened when everyone was being fired. There is something seriously wrong with this place!
Pros
Cons
this whole place is a con
Management is not up to par. Hostile environment. No team players. Lots of attitude by day staff.
Guest Service Representative ( Registration ) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2016
Watch your back. Lots of gossip. Micro- management by non -managrment. Easy job but made really complicated by trainers.
Pros
Guest are wonderful!
Cons
Co-workers not so much!
fun to be around other and different people
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MAJune 3, 2016
i like this job, it taught me how to do different things that i never thought id be able to do. i worked with wonderful people during the evening shift. the hours were good for me cause i was hired as past time cashier. the management team was wonderful to me and i got nothing but good reviews by them,.
Amazing environment
Guest Communication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 6, 2015
Working at Canyon Ranch is just as amazing as coming as a guest. The healthy culture is incredible. This is a great environment.
Pros
Healthy culture
Cons
Can't think of one
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2015
This is a great job they offer very competitive benefits flexible work schedule and paid time off. Keep to a healthy lifestyle. Learned a lot about food and healthy culture.
Pros
PTO, Free food, use of gym and amendities
Cons
location
Not a good place
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Not a good place to work, limited benefits, overworked, not treated with respect and dignity. The guidelines and the culture seem to be perfect but management doesn't seem to live up to the company's core values.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management
A very timid environment
consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 3, 2016
Personnel are always looking behind there back. Fellow employees will report you in a minute. No one has your back, including your supervisor. Not a place to be creative.
Great Company to work for,meet a variety of people all the time.
Nail technician/receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lenox,Ma.August 10, 2015
I arrive early to set up my work station, I check my itinerary for the day and perform manicures and pedicures as scheduled. Every day I am also responsible for making sure I am always prompt and have a smile on my face. Exceptional customer service is top priority. I get along well with all of my co-workers and am a great team player. I would say the hardest part of my job is dealing with a guest who is not a very nice person and who is disrespectful. It. doesn't happen often but is occasionally an issue. The most enjoyable part of my job is working at such a beautiful resort, being able to take classes, and use the state of the art gym.
Pros
free classes from some of the best instructors
Cons
commission based pay
good benifits
Spa Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MAAugust 7, 2015
canyon ranch supplies its employees with great benefits- 401K health, PTO, discounts on insurance, Pet insurance, full use of the spa, and discounts on all services. They do need to do better with compensating their employees.
Beautiful work environment, access to high level of health and wellness
Medical Schedule Coordinator Level II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2015
Canyon Ranch is a unique and beautiful place to work. I find that most of the individuals here have embraced the mission of a positive state of being and the goal of providing genuine and exceptional care to the guests.

Want to know more about Canyon Ranch?

Ask a question
Great opportunities, develop personal skills with all types of people
Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2015
At Canyon Ranch, you are able to develop your personal skills with various types of people, ranging from children to the elderly. This job required extensive menu knowledge and work ethic from its' employees.
Pros
Develop relationships with guests you serve multiple times
Cons
short breaks and limited resources
A wonderful place to work, learn, and grow
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Lenox, MAOctober 2, 2015
A wonderful place to work, learn, and grow. Canyon Ranch is an excellent employer. They offer a fun learning experience for all staff, as well as a safe and productive working environment.
Canyon Ranch
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Tucson, ArizonaApril 18, 2013
Canyon Ranch is a good place to work but there is constant turnover because salaries are low. They offer a good work/life balance and employees are encouraged to use the facilities. They provide good benefits,
Pros
work and life balance
Cons
corporate is losing site of their original mission statement
They don't treat me well enough to make me want to stay.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MASeptember 8, 2013
A typical day involves doing most of the work, or fighting for things that the more senior employees always do. I'm expected to do what i'm told without any question. I feel like a minion, with no opinion or way to express how i feel. My manager has begged me on different occasions not to leave, because more people leave than they can keep hired. I have asked repeatedly to have the schedule i want, or at least for management to meet me halfway. My emails are never responded to, and i feel like they're just dancing around the issue. They dont feel like i deserve the hours, or have enough seniority to ask for what i want? I've been employed for 6 agonizing months of horrible shifts and a very stressful work environment. There's no way i'll go through another summer at Canyon Ranch. It sucked.
Pros
access to the facility.
Cons
no time to enjoy the facility, feeling like i live there, my schedule is what they feel like making it
A reliable job, terrible hours, stressful environment.
Server (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MASeptember 16, 2013
This position is a reliable 40 hours/ week position, but is not a well paying job. You are constantly on your feet and they like to schedule you for long days. The customers are difficult and have very high expectations. The staff is really great, but I would not reccomend this job to anyone.
Pros
free food, great staff, get to use the facility for free
Cons
long hours, horrible pay, difficult customers
In order for this place to work correctly
COMPUTER (Former Employee) –  MIAMI BEACHSeptember 8, 2014
To start they have fire everyone and bring a new crew ,amazing high class place has poor and am talking about poor management,thats why no last in this company....New management needed,look how many times they post same job ads ,over and over because no one stays,step in at own risk,dont leave your job thinking you will have it better ahere,hope this helps .....Good luck
Pros
facility use
Cons
they think they own you
There are better companies out there
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami BeachJune 27, 2013
I worked there under a very tyrant boss at the front desk and she did not care about anyone but herself. HR was no help when I spoke to them and I quickly learned that all operations management were not helpful. I complained about the IT Director hitting on me and my manager said that he does this to everyone and to get used to it. I am happy with my new company and would never return to the harassment.
Pros
free parking and gym
Cons
management support for employees.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 5, 2014
I would recommend this employer to everyone. This is a very friendly and supportive environment to work in. Great benefits and PTO.
Dynamic and diverse atmosphete
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lee, MAAugust 19, 2014
Days were diverse. Learned many management skills. Professional and seasoned staff.
Program Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MAJanuary 5, 2015
I have learned a lot in my current position at Canyon Ranch. I enjoy working with my co-workers, and I have met many inspiring people who come through the doors of this resort. It is great that Canyon Ranch also encourages their employees to live a healthy lifestyle.