Canyon Ranch

Canyon Ranch Employee Reviews

Never in my life did I dread going to work as much as this place.
Peon Obviously (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NvMay 31, 2015
Pros: lucky to have a job...ya rite...pfft...please
Cons: 10 years ago they cared about the employee now its all about the bottom line, Do not take a job here. You will regret every second of it.
* typical day-clocking in and wondering if you still have a job at all.
* what I've learned-watch your back and seniority means nothing.
* management-worst ever and corporate is worse.
* co-workers-the half needed to maintain the place could care less. Over worked, under payed, unappreciated.
* hardest part of the job is summoning enough descent attitude to make it through another day without getting your head chopped off.
* most enjoyable part of job-clock out on Friday.

Long story short-don't waste your life hear. Las Vegas Canyon Ranch doubled in size to 140,000sf, hired appropriately then laid half the staff when the economy took a dump and never hired back what is needed to service the facility in all departments. The facility is run down and what is left of descent employees are olny trying to keep there jobs at any cost. Pay sucks. They keep using the economy as an excuse for no raises and hiring 2/3 rds of new lower employees at p/t with no benefits. They care nothing for the backbone of the company. If they truly cared they would treat the employee 5 star then maybe they'd have a 5 star spa. Lucky if they get 3.
Not a good place
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad management
Not a good place to work, limited benefits, overworked, not treated with respect and dignity. The guidelines and the culture seem to be perfect but management doesn't seem to live up to the company's core values.
Program Advisor (Current Employee), Lenox, MAJanuary 5, 2015
I have learned a lot in my current position at Canyon Ranch. I enjoy working with my co-workers, and I have met many inspiring people who come through the doors of this resort. It is great that Canyon Ranch also encourages their employees to live a healthy lifestyle.
Productive, fun environment, job advancement
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 20, 2014
Cleaning, greetin guests, arranging reservations, resetting and polishing dining room tables, making snacks for the guests, as well as, packing lunches
IN ORDER FOR THIS PLACE TO WORK CORRECTLY
COMPUTER (Former Employee), MIAMI BEACHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: facility use
Cons: they think they own you
TO START THEY HAVE FIRE EVERYONE AND BRING A NEW CREW ,AMAZING HIGH CLASS PLACE HAS POOR AND AM TALKING ABOUT POOR MANAGEMENT,THATS WHY NO LAST IN THIS COMPANY....NEW MANAGEMENT NEEDED,LOOK HOW MANY TIMES THEY POST SAME JOB ADS ,OVER AND OVER BECAUSE NO ONE STAYS,STEP IN AT OWN RISK,DONT LEAVE YOUR JOB THINKING YOU WILL HAVE IT BETTER AHERE,HOPE THIS HELPS .....GOOD LUCK
Dynamic and diverse atmosphete
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee), Lee, MAAugust 19, 2014
Days were diverse. Learned many management skills. Professional and seasoned staff.
CAnyon Ranch
Beauty Services Assistant (Current Employee), Lenox MAAugust 18, 2014
I have worked at canyon ranch for 2+ years I like it here very much my mother has also worked here for many years
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 5, 2014
I would recommend this employer to everyone. This is a very friendly and supportive environment to work in. Great benefits and PTO.
happy place
Program Advisor (Current Employee), Lenox, MAJuly 14, 2014
proactive with lifestyle for both guests and employees
busy environment
everyone has a smile
Fun place to work. Comparable wages.
Revenue Management Director - Corporate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: gorgeous facility with discounted use or access of workout facilites or luxury services.
Very casual environment. Meet the demands of your customers, internal or external.
pleasent and enjoyable with use of the facilities
Guest service manager (Former Employee), Lenox, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: full use of facilities
review all incoming guest, their files to see what they need and any special request they may have for their stay. Create gifting registry for guest and deliver any gifts or special request to their rooms. Make any reservations for them from dinner reservations to renting cars for them.
Great Mission, Great People, Great Experience
Spiritual Program Director (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 5, 2013
I enjoyed my time working with Canyon Ranch. Amazing. I would prefer to discuss my opinions and comments by phone.
A reliable job, terrible hours, stressful environment.
Server (Current Employee), Lenox, MASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free food, great staff, get to use the facility for free
Cons: long hours, horrible pay, difficult customers
This position is a reliable 40 hours/ week position, but is not a well paying job. You are constantly on your feet and they like to schedule you for long days. The customers are difficult and have very high expectations. The staff is really great, but I would not reccomend this job to anyone.
They don't treat me well enough to make me want to stay.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Lenox, MASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: access to the facility.
Cons: no time to enjoy the facility, feeling like i live there, my schedule is what they feel like making it
A typical day involves doing most of the work, or fighting for things that the more senior employees always do. I'm expected to do what i'm told without any question. I feel like a minion, with no opinion or way to express how i feel. My manager has begged me on different occasions not to leave, because more people leave than they can keep hired. I have asked repeatedly to have the schedule i want, or at least for management to meet me halfway. My emails are never responded to, and i feel like they're just dancing around the issue. They dont feel like i deserve the hours, or have enough seniority to ask for what i want? I've been employed for 6 agonizing months of horrible shifts and a very stressful work environment. There's no way i'll go through another summer at Canyon Ranch. It sucked.
There are better companies out there
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Miami BeachJune 27, 2013
Pros: free parking and gym
Cons: management support for employees.
I worked there under a very tyrant boss at the front desk and she did not care about anyone but herself. HR was no help when I spoke to them and I quickly learned that all operations management were not helpful. I complained about the IT Director hitting on me and my manager said that he does this to everyone and to get used to it. I am happy with my new company and would never return to the harassment.
Canyon Ranch
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Tucson, ArizonaApril 18, 2013
Pros: work and life balance
Cons: corporate is losing site of their original mission statement
Canyon Ranch is a good place to work but there is constant turnover because salaries are low. They offer a good work/life balance and employees are encouraged to use the facilities. They provide good benefits,
Wonderful Company to work for.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free lunches and the organic food they provided.
Cons: the commute, and it was'nt a busy salon.
I loved working at Canyon Ranch Miami Beach, but unfortunately due to the down fall in the economy I got laid off. I think the hardest part of the job was the long and far commute to Miami Beach.
Fun, beautiful and high class place to work
Massage therapist (Former Employee), Lenox, MAJanuary 9, 2012
Pros: employees can use spa amenities as well
Its expectacular place from indoor to the outdoors, beautiful trails to walk with endless amenities!! Beautiful environment
Gran compaƱia para trabajar
Azafata (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 11, 2013
Una empresa que te formara en actitud laboral.
Se aprende mucho del servicio americano y de sus comidas y necesidaes especial de los huespedes.
Se aprende a trabajar bajo presion, ya que es un lugar que durante la temporada alta se aprende a trabajar en gran rotacion.

About Canyon Ranch

Those seeking health and wellness in a luxury hotel spa setting can find it through Canyon Ranch Enterprises. The company operates – Read more

Canyon Ranch Salaries