Canyon Ranch Employee Reviews

Phenomenal Employer
Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lenox, MAMay 30, 2017
In 1989, when it first opened, I was a concierge. When the Medical Department grew I was hired to run a satellite lab there. Which was collecting specimens and preparing them for shipment. When the lab results were released, it was my position to electronically upload them to the physicians for review.
Boa empresa, mas com ressalvas.
Acupunturista (Former Employee) –  Tucson, TX - USAMarch 23, 2017
Salario e comissões são bons, beneficios também. Mas a pressão de metas e a dificuldade de conseguir clientes é um stress acima do recomendado.
Great Friendly healthy environment smoke free
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 7, 2017
The day began at 6:00 am the restaurant works with a cyclical menu so I experiences a lot of food variety and great quality. In Canyon ranch I learned how to work in a peaceful environment and how to respect the norms of a 5 star resort. I followed my chain of command took care of my business and made myself available to others, this way i quickly won opportunities to rotate in many areas of the kitchen like butcher, line cook, pantry, production, satellite station (omelet and pastas). The hardest part of the job was waking up at 5:30 in the morning to make it on time to work. What i loved the most was the relationship between the employees, it was a great team of individuals.
Overall not great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  tusconFebruary 15, 2017
While Canyon Ranch prides itself on providing top level service, unfortunately they do not value their employees that provide this service.

Turnover is high and employees are undervalued. Pay is low relative to its competitors.

Canyon Ranch purports to provide "perks" for their employees. They make the process very complicated and difficult, and talk down to their employees when providing such service.

Such a shame that a company built on health , healing, and wellness, would fail to see that they lack respect for the people that provide what is so important in the hospitality industry today- five star service.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
benefits with strings attached; pay scale below par
Keep your head down
Guest Service Associate/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lenox, MADecember 4, 2016
The work environment itself was nice. Stress free for the most part. However the longer you stay there the more you notice all the underlying politics going. The turnover rate was very high. They have a tendency to purge waves of people and management. At one time we had no management for our department for a couple months.
Pros
Quiet. consistent scheduling. good people
Cons
highly political and overall sort of unstable
fun to be around other and different people
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MAJune 3, 2016
i like this job, it taught me how to do different things that i never thought id be able to do. i worked with wonderful people during the evening shift. the hours were good for me cause i was hired as past time cashier. the management team was wonderful to me and i got nothing but good reviews by them,.
challenging
Hair Stylist/Barber (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL Cruise ShipsFebruary 6, 2016
I work for Canyon Ranch on board Celebrity cruise ships. It is a very different way of life at sea compared to a land based job . It can be very demanding however it can also be very rewarding at times. Onboard we work very long hours which is the hardest part of the job but i enjoy working within the spa and within the team and love meeting new people all the time everyday is different I have met some great characters.
Pros
I was lucky enough to travel the world
Cons
Management is not up to par. Hostile environment. No team players. Lots of attitude by day staff.
Guest Service Representative ( Registration ) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2016
Watch your back. Lots of gossip. Micro- management by non -managrment. Easy job but made really complicated by trainers.
Pros
Guest are wonderful!
Cons
Co-workers not so much!
Work here at your own risk
sales support (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 10, 2016
The pay is low, employees are not valued, bottom line is how much money can Canyon "Rawnch" get from you. Many years ago it was nice. Not anymore. One of the leading therapists there committed suicide before an important meeting she was to have with management. This happened when everyone was being fired. There is something seriously wrong with this place!
Pros
Cons
this whole place is a con
A very timid environment
consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 3, 2016
Personnel are always looking behind there back. Fellow employees will report you in a minute. No one has your back, including your supervisor. Not a place to be creative.
Beautiful work environment, access to high level of health and wellness
Medical Schedule Coordinator Level II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2015
Canyon Ranch is a unique and beautiful place to work. I find that most of the individuals here have embraced the mission of a positive state of being and the goal of providing genuine and exceptional care to the guests.
Amazing environment
Guest Communication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 6, 2015
Working at Canyon Ranch is just as amazing as coming as a guest. The healthy culture is incredible. This is a great environment.
Pros
Healthy culture
Cons
Can't think of one
A wonderful place to work, learn, and grow
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Lenox, MAOctober 2, 2015
A wonderful place to work, learn, and grow. Canyon Ranch is an excellent employer. They offer a fun learning experience for all staff, as well as a safe and productive working environment.
Great opportunities, develop personal skills with all types of people
Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2015
At Canyon Ranch, you are able to develop your personal skills with various types of people, ranging from children to the elderly. This job required extensive menu knowledge and work ethic from its' employees.
Pros
Develop relationships with guests you serve multiple times
Cons
short breaks and limited resources
Great Company to work for,meet a variety of people all the time.
Nail technician/receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lenox,Ma.August 10, 2015
I arrive early to set up my work station, I check my itinerary for the day and perform manicures and pedicures as scheduled. Every day I am also responsible for making sure I am always prompt and have a smile on my face. Exceptional customer service is top priority. I get along well with all of my co-workers and am a great team player. I would say the hardest part of my job is dealing with a guest who is not a very nice person and who is disrespectful. It. doesn't happen often but is occasionally an issue. The most enjoyable part of my job is working at such a beautiful resort, being able to take classes, and use the state of the art gym.
Pros
free classes from some of the best instructors
Cons
commission based pay
good benifits
Spa Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MAAugust 7, 2015
canyon ranch supplies its employees with great benefits- 401K health, PTO, discounts on insurance, Pet insurance, full use of the spa, and discounts on all services. They do need to do better with compensating their employees.
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2015
This is a great job they offer very competitive benefits flexible work schedule and paid time off. Keep to a healthy lifestyle. Learned a lot about food and healthy culture.
Pros
Pto, Free food, use of gym and amendities
Cons
location
Not a good place
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Not a good place to work, limited benefits, overworked, not treated with respect and dignity. The guidelines and the culture seem to be perfect but management doesn't seem to live up to the company's core values.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management
Program Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MAJanuary 5, 2015
I have learned a lot in my current position at Canyon Ranch. I enjoy working with my co-workers, and I have met many inspiring people who come through the doors of this resort. It is great that Canyon Ranch also encourages their employees to live a healthy lifestyle.
Productive, fun environment, job advancement
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 20, 2014
Cleaning, greetin guests, arranging reservations, resetting and polishing dining room tables, making snacks for the guests, as well as, packing lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canyon Ranch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9