Carousel Pediatrics is a rapidly growing pediatric company with eight offices in Austin, TX. Carousel is a full circle of care facility, offering pediatrics, dentistry, orthodontics, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy, primarily to Medicaid, CHIP, and other low-income families. We are currently looking for an experienced HR Specialist to help lead us into the very bright future. The HR specialist will report directly to the Director of Operations and will have flexibility and autonomy to perform their duties and recommend change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculates and provides staff with annual fringe benefit allowance; reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with third-party administrator.
- Assures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed; receives and records COBRA insurance premium payments.
- Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
Human Resource Function
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
- Maintains listing of approved Foundation positions along with assigned salary grade levels.
- Processes personnel action forms and assures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms.
- Maintains budget spreadsheet that includes salaries, payroll taxes and fringe allowances.
- Prepares paperwork required to place employee on payroll and establishes personnel file. * Maintains Employee Handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information, as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Indeed - 2 years ago