Capco

Capco Employer Reviews

Great pay and flexible hours
In-Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Cortland, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: meaningful work, benefits - 401k
Cons: finding your own clients to work for
I enjoyed working as and aide for CAPCO. I got to know clients on a very personal level having to work with them in their homes. The job it'self was very satisfying, but there is no management over clients. As an aide, I had to find my own clients to work for. This was the worst part because our job was to help clients regain their independence, and once that happens, you are out of a job. I would have been more satisfied if there had been a list of clients to work for, or some idea of who needed an aide. If you don't know anyone, then you don't get to work.
n/a
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
Facilitate strategic and organizational change to increase performance and alignment and build organizational capacity, for clients in the banking sectors. Design, develop and manage the implementation and evaluation of programs, processes and performance interventions for Client organizations, networks, communities and projects. Works on projects of all sizes to provide functional and/or technical expertise related to solution offerings to support deliverables and/or project objectives. Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to support and deliver on internal initiatives.
Specialist/Team Member (Former Employee), Grayson, KYOctober 26, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: work study position
Great place to work, staff was friendly in training you for different assignments that you had to complete. Great working hours.
A good stepping stone into management consulting and finance overall
Associate Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2014
It's a good company for younger people out of college and grad school who want to pursue finance roles.
WORK EXPERIENCE
MANAGER/ ASSISTANT/ CASHIER (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJune 25, 2014
This job gave me the ability to learn more in the retail line of work. I learned how to deal with all kinds or personalities.
Was able to work and learn new skills.
Family Development Assistant (Former Employee), Cortland, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: ability to learn new skills and training provided.
Cons: grant based employment
Working with diverse groups of people was very rewarding and learning about poverty in our community was a benefit to me so I would be able to better understand the clients I was working with.
A great learning experience
Internship (Former Employee), Cortland, NYApril 30, 2014
I was an intern for my degree program. I spent 14 weeks a total of 224 hours with direct services. I was given the ability to help families and gain knowledge in the field. I learned that I want to work with families to help better their abilities in the community.
Good Company to work for
PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee), VariousApril 29, 2014
Good Company to work for.. Just to much travel.. various project. You have to get out of your comfort zone to succed
Good Work Culture, Low Salary
Financial/ Management Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: professional growth
Capco has a very unique/ good work culture. It is IT consulting company focused on Financial service industry.
The biggest downside of Capco is there recruitment strategy, employees professional growth and HR department
It's all about the people
Junior Recruiter (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
Learnt a lot during my time at Capco. My mentors always told me, "make sure you love what you do, since you will be doing it for a very long time." However, they never mentioned about loving the people you work with since it's rare to find good co-workers and actually get along. But, sadly to say, I did find some good co-workers and actually loved working with them. Here, you will definitely find not just some good co-workers but long lasting friendship.
You may want to look somewhere else
AE (Former Employee), NY, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: free drinks in the cafeteria
Cons: suit culture, uptight people, scared of innovation
Capco has some good rating by industry publications, but we all know the financial industry greases pockets to get press and notice. I have personally seen this unethical activity at Capco.

They pay senior management well, but if you are young, up and coming or just out of school, get ready to be made promises and be under paid.

It took me 2 years to leave, and I should have left sooner
Great company
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COOctober 4, 2013
I believe Capco is a great company i think they could raise the pay but at the same time they are a understanding company
Enjoyed Working
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Cortland, NYJune 29, 2013
I really ejoyed working for this company. The client I worked with really enjoyed my company.
Great company that really cares about all employees
R&D/ Process Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 24, 2013
Pros: donut wednesdays, great christmas party, great people
A typical work day at Capco starts with a team meeting, where progress is evaluated and daily or weekly goals for each project are discussed. The rest of the day spent working on projects and striving to meet the goals set each week.

The management concerns themselves with the needs of the company and employees. Co-workers are great and everyone is willing to help out in any way they can.
Good place to work for entry level graduates. Great culture and camaraderie
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2013
Great place to work. Consultants can be involved in multiple initiatives. Open door policy
Loved working here with the CAPCO family
Family Development Assistant (Former Employee), Cortland, NYMay 3, 2013
Working at CAPCO everyone became more like family. I enjoyed my co-workers, the staff on all levels and I also enjoyed the consumers most of all.
I learned about poverty in the Bridges to Poverty course I had taken while with this organization. I was a very rewarding experience.
Good organization with plenty of room for career advancement
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2013
Pros: easy to speak to management, nice home office
Cons: have not done any "finance" related work since starting
Capco is a mid sized consultancy, however it has been growing by leaps and bounds as of late. There is a lot of room for career advancement for someone who goes in with the right attitude. As with most consulting firms thy like people who already have several years of industry experience, however, they do hire some new associate directly out of college.
My day
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, INFebruary 11, 2013
I loved the job and would recommend it to anyone. The job is very simple and the company is good to work for.
Great Technology Consulting Firm
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2012
This is a great technology consulting firm that caters to Financial Services. The senior management is supportive and helpful.
Rapidly changing culture
Managing Principal (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2012
Pros: diversity of roles
Great variety of people to interact with. Very sharp people.

About Capco

This company brings together ideas, technology, and money. The Capital Markets Company, which does business as Capco, provides – Read more