Cape Abilities Employee Reviews

It's a good place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAAugust 31, 2017
Other than poor management Capeabilities is a good place to work.. the company offers lots of overtime & paid. Vacation & sick time also give full time employees 24 hours of personal time
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Poor management
Very rewarding
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MANovember 19, 2016
Loved working here with my clients. Hard work was rewarded and advancement was frequent. Took care of the workers as well as clients. Only reason I left was I moved.
Pros
Yearly bonuses, and advancement
Able to assist people and get a decent salary.
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MADecember 24, 2013
I worked mornings or overnights. A typical day would be waking the consumer and getting breakfast and bathing. Learned how to communicate with the consurmer as to avoid struggles with decision making while still giving them a sense of control in their life. Co workers were good and did better with experience and learning the routines. The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing the consumer laugh, seeing them smile, hearing them thank you for heping them.
Pros
benefits, vacation, personal time, good bonus depending on job performance
Cons
did not get a raise for 6 years.

Comment – March 20, 2016

Get another job if you can. I got 2 raises in almost 10 years there. Good pay, good benefits yet you might as well become a CNA and make more money because that is what you will be doing most of the time. They are supposed to be independent as possible yet most staff will be more than happy to do everything for them to reduce the struggle which makes it more difficult for the staff that have experience and are doing what they are supposed to do. There's no competition as far as money, experienced or not, you all get the same and they will hire anyone off the street. High turnover, burnout because of management being poor or inexperienced and not trained properly. don't expect praise or incentives, there is nothing but you knowing you did a good job. If this is what you want, apply.

Only if you cannot get another job
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hyannis MAAugust 14, 2013
This was a great job to have while I completed my college degree in nursing. This company will hire almost anyone off of the street because there is such a lack in people willing to do this type of work. I absolutely loved working with this population of consumers, however the pay does not allow anyone to live.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Abilities. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2