Cape Air

Cape Air Employer Reviews

Great work place with fun energetic people
Cross trained station agent (Current Employee), Havre, MTFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: management
Loved working with my co workers, everyone is very energetic and happy to be doing their jobs. I learned alot about airplanes and what it takes to make flights happen. Management was not very good. Hardest part of my job was loading and unloading lots of bags in the small compartments. I loved meeting people form all over.
Challenging days at work, at times maybe calm.
Customer Service Agent Supervisor (Former Employee), Nantucket, MAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: cancelled flight, mechanical issues, no replacement aircrafts.
The airline industry on a whole is challenging especially when it comes to weather and other irregular activities. I have learn't tolerance, how to empathize and sympathize when it comes to getting customers to their final destination and they are reasons beyond our control they can't. I think management is more about pleasing themselves rather than looking at the customer's situation their eyes. The hardest part of the job is not being able to connect a customer with their jobs, families and friends on time or not at all. The most enjoyable part of the job being able to put a smile on a customer's face after an irregular operation.
Bad management
maintenance (Former Employee), HyannisNovember 22, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no or bad training, poor supervision, no future
As a former employee I was hired for with a written job offer. From day one they did not hold to it. They do not care one bit about the rank and file. They are disorganized and take it out on the workers. They do not follow there own procedures and place customers at risk on a daily basis. I saw two major incidents in one week both caused by management or the lack there of. The only reason and I mean the only reason planes have not crashed is the hard work of a few dedicated workers.
Pay is well below industry and regional standards, the benifits are a joke. The place is set up to reward those at the top at the expense of those at the bottom. Their motto is for the employees to have fun working there. Never saw anything that came close to a manager attempting to make the job any more enjoyable.
Great Family feel company
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), maineOctober 22, 2014
Great company to work for. Always something new and exciting, whether its talking to our customers or with other staff.
CUSTOMER SKILLS
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), Hyannis, MAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: multi task
Cons: great with people
I AM A PEOPLE ORIENTED PERSON,WILLING TO LEARN.LOVE TO MEET AND GREET NEW PEOPLE, BY CHECKING THEM INTO THEIR VERIOUS FLIGHT OR PROVIDING THEM WITH THEIR DAILY MORNING COFFE.THESE TASK CHELLENGE ME TO BE GOOD AT MULTI TASKING BY ANSWERING THE TELEPHONE WHILE TENDING TO CUSTOMER AT THE SAME TIME.
great place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAJune 3, 2014
Pros: good working environment, free airline flights, space available, employee wellness program etc.
Cons: low wages
Excellent work environment. The company's policy was to hire people that would get along and work well together,even if their background and experience wasn't as well suited to the job as other candidates,and then train them for their position. I was very impressed by this aspect of the company,as well as with other resources and benefits made available to us. However, the pay was too low in many of the positions to make working and living there economically practical.
poor management
cross trained agent (Former Employee), boston internationalDecember 27, 2013
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: stressful environment created by management
Station manager supervisor ramp and counter agent are members of one family. Supervisor makes the atmosphere miserable and stressful place to work and there is no one to complain to and if you do so, too bad, she will make you feel even more miserable.
Flight benefits are great but that's about it. There is no carrer to be established at this station.
Productive,fun, and enjoyable
MRO Tech (Former Employee), Hyannis, MADecember 18, 2013
It was fun and challenging job it was great to be there and learned a lot.
Very slo work place
CTO agent (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good traveling benefits
Cons: only cares about the company
Hate working here! Cant wait to get a new job. It takes everything I have to work here and not just quit.
Do not work there
Manager (Former Employee), NortheastSeptember 28, 2013
The cape air stated culture and philosophies are not what is promoted. Executives are deceitful, will only do what benefits themselves and their small circle. Most have no education but are Vice Presidents. Very political and discriminatory place to work.
Pay is lower than fast good for new frontline employees but all managers and above receive bonuses in the tens of thousands at year end.
There are no stated ethics or values. This is a mom and pop gone corporate on the same management phisolophies.
Great work environment, amazing people.
System Operations: Flight Follower (Part 135) (Former Employee), Hyannis, MADecember 12, 2012
Pros: flight benefits, overtime available, health insurance for same sex couples, industry innovator.
Cons: poor management, low pay grade, not enough foresight into the near future.
I started out knowing practically nothing but they taught me everything. I loved working for them and had no problem logging overtime, up to 60 hours a week. I felt like everyone in the company was an extended member of my family and I was one of theirs.
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Thomas, VINovember 19, 2012
Pros: flight perks
Cons: pay
This company is like one big family if you ever worked for an airline, you will see that this one is very different. I love coming into work...
Good company
Flight Follower/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAJune 1, 2012
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: schedule
People are nice and work is typical. Seniority based schedule, had to bid for schedule.
Great company to work for
Captain (Current Employee), Hyannis, MAApril 15, 2012
Cape Air is a great place for a pilot who is trying to build time, while making a decent living, with a great quality of life. It is also a good place to make a carrer out of if you like one of the bases and want a set schedule with decent pay. You can work your way up the seniority list rather quick.

About Cape Air

Cape Air has served Island-markets with a focus on leisure travel since 1989 and is experienced with the unique transportation – Read more