Cape Air Employee Reviews

Very satisfied with the management and employees I work with.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2017
Every day I check passengers into their flights and assist them with anything regarding their flights. I also work on the ramp loading luggage into the aircrafts. My managers treat me with absolute respect and make the environment comfortable to work in. I work there whenever I am not in Albany, for school. My managers are always telling me how they cannot wait to have me back and how much of an asset I am to the company.
Pros
Wonderful benefits, Free airfare, great management
Very Poor Management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMarch 29, 2017
-having worked here for over a year, I learned quickly that the management was happy with status quo. there was no real advancement or real programs used to create a friendly work place. Cape air has very good attitude towards making sure the customers (passengers) get to there destination one way or another, but when it comes to taking care of the employees there is no real ownership by the management. The management is full of individuals who have been working at this company for several years but have no real management skills or background. New ideas from the front line employees like me are often shut down or ignored because it would create more work for the management to make something new happen.
-The fact that the company headquarters is located in the maintenance hanger just shows how much they are willing to pay their employees.
- I would say that if it wasn't for the friendly Co-workers, I would have quit long time ago.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
lack of ownership and accepting responsibility by the management
Amazing Company
CTO (Current Employee) –  Massena, NYMarch 21, 2017
Cape Air is by far the best company I have worked for so far. Management is amazing and the people are wonderful. I definitely recommend this company.
Cons
Good airline to work for.
Fort Lauderdale Base Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Excellent work environment, great people to work with.Pay a bit under industry standards.
Piston aircraft mentality.
Pros
Very Fair
Cons
Suspect decision making
Not really a fun job
City Ticket Office Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2017
Micromanage all facets of your part time position - responsibilities for total working facility including exterior maintenance this is your spot if you like working totally alone - wait until you want to take time off to use those touted travel benefits - good luck with that
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
micromanagement
Great Starting Company
Line Mechanic (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2017
Good Company to work for, Fun, Flexible with hours. People are friendly and helpful. Several States to apply for, Hardest part was to let go when they close down the FLL station.
management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 2, 2016
The management here at Cape Air is not the typical management that you would find in other jobs. Here at Cape Air if you try to move on in the company you would be held back because the management is afraid that you would make a mistake.
Fast paced job with handling inbound and outbound flights
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 13, 2016
A typical day at work would handling inbound and outbound flights. Checking in passengers for flights. rescheduling customer's, booking passengers for flights, baggage loading and unloading. boarding customers on flights for departure.
Pros
interaction with customers
Cons
plane mechanical issues
Crew Scheduling
Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MASeptember 14, 2016
This is a great place to get aviation experience, especially for dispatchers. However, get your experience and get out ASAP! I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.

There is NO scheduling software. Everything is done using excel files, paper sheets, pencils and markers. Yes, this does create many safety issues and is very inefficient. They have been planning to get software for the past 4 years....

You must like to talk on the phone because you will be making dozens of calls a day BEGGING pilots to work. You essentially turn into a salesman trying to sell pilots shifts. The pilots are already overworked and grumpy, so it makes it hard. You are forced to ask pilots to work up to the maximum hours they are allowed per federal regulations.

Pilots will dislike you just because you work in crew scheduling. The good news is 90% of the pilots are awesome and are willing to work! Just be nice to them and understand they all have personal lives and aren't required to work all the time.

Management is horrendous. About 30 SOC employees and
Crew schedulers have quit over the past two years due to this reason. There are way too many chiefs and not enough employees. Almost all of management is a VP of something and none of them now how to work in SOC/ Crew Sched and they certainly do not understand how bad the pilot shortage is. Numerous times we have had to cancel passenger paying flights to ensure the president, Linda Markham got her own flight to BOS. If Dan wolf paid attention to his airline he would be very disappointed in what it has become.

Cape Air does have
  more... potential to be a good place to work but the management is terrible and the employees are over worked and underpaid. I do not foresee this airline lasting much longer due to morale, pilot shortage and their aging fleet of aircraft.  less
Pros
Flight benefits. Although, you don't make any money and your schedule starting off will be terrible
Cons
MANAGEMENT, no software, low pay, schedules
Only for Airline experence
AMT (Former Employee) –  GuamAugust 24, 2016
I worked at Cape Air Guam to get my foot in the Airline door. After several years, I made it to United Airlines next door. Cape Air is a connection for United Airlines so this relationship made it easy for the transition. Cape Air is not a hospitable place to work and advancement is not possible. They seem to have a life-long team of family & friends that prevents others from the outside of their "Circle of Trust" from progressing without bending a knee. My goal was inspection or supervision as I have the experience but competition is not allowed. They place inexperienced "entry-level" personnel, basically family & friends, in positions that require expert industry experience and knowledge. The workers at the bottom hold the company up. They do well at managing the facility as there is a lack of management, supervision, and quality control.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Benefits, managment, pay....
Good place to learn about bad management and cutting corners.
JSFirm (Former Employee) –  Barrigada, GuamAugust 19, 2016
Worked there for about 4 months. Told that I would receive training and moving compensation but never happened- it was offered when I put in my 2 weeks notice. I was told to sign off a blade that wouldn't stop leaking to keep it flying- the shank was worn beyond limits so seal replacement did nothing. Lacking spares and experience. Seemed like brown nosing was the way to get into management/supervision. Also, qualified personnel will never go anywhere in this company because incompetent managers/supervisor fear competition. The DOM is very emotional and only thinks of bonuses. The only thing he's good at is complaining, screaming, and yelling- no dignity at all, let alone maintenance experience.....
Pros
United flight benefits
Cons
Everything else
Don't work here
Cross trained agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2016
Cape Air's saying "MOCHA HAGOTI". (Make our customers happy and have a great time doing it) They say that this is how they run their company but it's 100% the opposite. All the employees do is make the customers happy, however there is no fun when doing it. The company sucks the life out of what you come to work with, thus not wanting to come back. This company is only good for people who are starting out in the aviation field, not for people who wish to move up the ranks.
The benefits have gotten progressively worse; starting with the loose of profit sharing. This company has a mantality of taking more from the employees for the benefit of those on top, that have been here for 20 plus years.
There is no incentive to work here as they don't show appreciation for the hard work that everyone does. Having 100 flights in Boston on a busy summer day with oversold flights and weather is hard and comes with the job. However no one shows that they care.
The only thing I can thank Cape Air for is forcing me to excel and want bigger and better things. Management is incompetent as they only put bandaids on problems and not solve them.
Pros
1 employee appreciation day in 3 years
Cons
Flight benefits, no profit sharing....
Very Great Work Atmosphere
City Ticket Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOApril 8, 2016
everyone employed here has the greatest attitude ive ever witnessed, it is infectious. I answer the phone and help passengers book flights.
A day work with cape air
Ramp agent (f/t) (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRMarch 5, 2016
In this beautiful company I learn a lot,my days work was amazing with a full of emotions, the compan administration take care of his employes like the same way like a father take cares ok his sons, my co-workers was the best I ever had, the most hardest part of the job is the most enjoyable with full emotions , the most enjoyable part is be next to the aircraft
Pros
FLIGHT BENEFITS
Cons
LOW PAIDS
One of my favorite jobs.
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOJanuary 17, 2016
Cape Air is a company takes great care of their customers and their employees. If I were not relocating I would work for this company another 9 years.
Pros
Very family oriented company.
Cons
Pay is low compared to industry competitors.
Not a bad place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  HyannisOctober 10, 2015
Not bad place to work. Raises are a joke and performance reviews do not erxist. Good place to start your aviation career.
Not a bad company to work for
Cross trained Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2015
I worked a 12+ hour day, 4 days a week. I came up with the idea and the station manager implemented it; for that I was grateful. A small airline, run by one agent and occasionally a station manager. A decent place to work for a retiree or a young person living home.
Pros
travel
Cons
poor managenment
Parts Clerk/ Aircraft Cleaner
Parts Clerk/ Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 26, 2015
• Inventory control; Issue/deliver parts to mechanics; Shipping and receiving parts
• Data entry Filing
• Run COMAT (Company Materials)/AOG (Aircraft On Ground) parts and materials to main terminal gate
• Follow all Federal SIDA (Security Identification Display Area) rules and regulations
• General cleaning of Cape Air/ Nantucket Airline fleet of Cessna 402 models
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Lack of hours and pay
avoid working here
Cross-Trained Agent/ CTO (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 27, 2015
This job is perfect if you are a high school drop out or mentally inept, but for everyone else its a joke. The company only cares about the company. Micro-managed and no chance of advancing. Stay away!
Pros
Cons
pay is a joke, Mandatory meetings on your day off.
cape air was a great place to work. everyone really enjoyed working there.
Ramp Agent/customer service/station supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 4, 2015
i thought working for this company was very different than working for any other airline,because of smaller airplanes,and flying to the islands of Nantucket,martha's vineyard,and Hyannis from providence r.i.the ceo of the company brought a lot of fun to the company,which made you feel like one of the family.thsy would have end of the summer parties for the employees which were fun,and Christmas parties.they were also different in the fact,that they came up with creative ways to decorate their fleet of aircrafts.they would do one in green to symbolize the dafadill weekend on Nantucket,which would symbolize the beginning the start of spring.or they would decorate the plane with all types of things that would symbolize town of Hyannis,mass. they made you feel like when you were employee of the company,you could relax and really concentrate on your job responsibilities.everytime you turned around,you could see the smilies on the employees faces,proud to be working for the company,which in turn would help the passengers who were flying on the airline.the passengers always enjoyed the customer service from the employees,it was very good person to person interaction.unfortuantley after 9/11. it hit the airline pretty hard,just like all airlines took a hit,and they had to make the full-time job in providence,r.i to just a seasonal job,to help them with their stability of the company.not much you can do about that.
Pros
parties, promoted to station supervisor, great environment.
Cons
being laid off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Air. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9