Cape Air Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to learn about bad management and cutting corners.
JSFirm (Former Employee) –  Barrigada, GuamAugust 19, 2016
Worked there for about 4 months. Told that I would receive training and moving compensation but never happened- it was offered when I put in my 2 weeks notice. I was told to sign off a blade that wouldn't stop leaking to keep it flying- the shank was worn beyond limits so seal replacement did nothing. Lacking spares and experience. Seemed like brown nosing was the way to get into management/supervision. Also, qualified personnel will never go anywhere in this company because incompetent managers/supervisor fear competition. The DOM is very emotional and only thinks of bonuses. The only thing he's good at is complaining, screaming, and yelling- no dignity at all, let alone maintenance experience.....
Pros
United flight benefits
Cons
Everything else
A day work with cape air
Ramp agent (f/t) (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRMarch 5, 2016
In this beautiful company I learn a lot,my days work was amazing with a full of emotions, the compan administration take care of his employes like the same way like a father take cares ok his sons, my co-workers was the best I ever had, the most hardest part of the job is the most enjoyable with full emotions , the most enjoyable part is be next to the aircraft
Pros
FLIGHT BENEFITS
Cons
LOW PAIDS
Very Great Work Atmosphere
City Ticket Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOApril 8, 2016
everyone employed here has the greatest attitude ive ever witnessed, it is infectious. I answer the phone and help passengers book flights.
Don't work here
Cross trained agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2016
Cape Air's saying "MOCHA HAGOTI". (Make our customers happy and have a great time doing it) They say that this is how they run their company but it's 100% the opposite. All the employees do is make the customers happy, however there is no fun when doing it. The company sucks the life out of what you come to work with, thus not wanting to come back. This company is only good for people who are starting out in the aviation field, not for people who wish to move up the ranks.
The benefits have gotten progressively worse; starting with the loose of profit sharing. This company has a mantality of taking more from the employees for the benefit of those on top, that have been here for 20 plus years.
There is no incentive to work here as they don't show appreciation for the hard work that everyone does. Having 100 flights in Boston on a busy summer day with oversold flights and weather is hard and comes with the job. However no one shows that they care.
The only thing I can thank Cape Air for is forcing me to excel and want bigger and better things. Management is incompetent as they only put bandaids on problems and not solve them.
Pros
1 employee appreciation day in 3 years
Cons
Flight benefits, no profit sharing....
One of my favorite jobs.
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOJanuary 17, 2016
Cape Air is a company takes great care of their customers and their employees. If I were not relocating I would work for this company another 9 years.
Pros
Very family oriented company.
Cons
Pay is low compared to industry competitors.
Parts Clerk/ Aircraft Cleaner
Parts Clerk/ Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 26, 2015
• Inventory control; Issue/deliver parts to mechanics; Shipping and receiving parts
• Data entry Filing
• Run COMAT (Company Materials)/AOG (Aircraft On Ground) parts and materials to main terminal gate
• Follow all Federal SIDA (Security Identification Display Area) rules and regulations
• General cleaning of Cape Air/ Nantucket Airline fleet of Cessna 402 models
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Lack of hours and pay
Not a bad company to work for
Cross trained Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2015
I worked a 12+ hour day, 4 days a week. I came up with the idea and the station manager implemented it; for that I was grateful. A small airline, run by one agent and occasionally a station manager. A decent place to work for a retiree or a young person living home.
Pros
travel
Cons
poor managenment
Not a bad place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  HyannisOctober 10, 2015
Not bad place to work. Raises are a joke and performance reviews do not erxist. Good place to start your aviation career.
avoid working here
Cross-Trained Agent/ CTO (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 27, 2015
This job is perfect if you are a high school drop out or mentally inept, but for everyone else its a joke. The company only cares about the company. Micro-managed and no chance of advancing. Stay away!
Pros
Cons
pay is a joke, Mandatory meetings on your day off.
Great work place with fun energetic people
Cross trained station agent (Current Employee) –  Havre, MTFebruary 19, 2015
Loved working with my co workers, everyone is very energetic and happy to be doing their jobs. I learned alot about airplanes and what it takes to make flights happen. Management was not very good. Hardest part of my job was loading and unloading lots of bags in the small compartments. I loved meeting people form all over.
Pros
the people
Cons
management
Challenging days at work, at times maybe calm.
Customer Service Agent Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nantucket, MAJanuary 17, 2015
The airline industry on a whole is challenging especially when it comes to weather and other irregular activities. I have learn't tolerance, how to empathize and sympathize when it comes to getting customers to their final destination and they are reasons beyond our control they can't. I think management is more about pleasing themselves rather than looking at the customer's situation their eyes. The hardest part of the job is not being able to connect a customer with their jobs, families and friends on time or not at all. The most enjoyable part of the job being able to put a smile on a customer's face after an irregular operation.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
cancelled flight, mechanical issues, no replacement aircrafts.
Bad management
maintenance (Former Employee) –  HyannisNovember 22, 2014
As a former employee I was hired for with a written job offer. From day one they did not hold to it. They do not care one bit about the rank and file. They are disorganized and take it out on the workers. They do not follow there own procedures and place customers at risk on a daily basis. I saw two major incidents in one week both caused by management or the lack there of. The only reason and I mean the only reason planes have not crashed is the hard work of a few dedicated workers.
Pay is well below industry and regional standards, the benifits are a joke. The place is set up to reward those at the top at the expense of those at the bottom. Their motto is for the employees to have fun working there. Never saw anything that came close to a manager attempting to make the job any more enjoyable.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
no or bad training, poor supervision, no future
great place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJune 3, 2014
Excellent work environment. The company's policy was to hire people that would get along and work well together,even if their background and experience wasn't as well suited to the job as other candidates,and then train them for their position. I was very impressed by this aspect of the company,as well as with other resources and benefits made available to us. However, the pay was too low in many of the positions to make working and living there economically practical.
Pros
good working environment, free airline flights, space available, employee wellness program etc.
Cons
low wages
Do not work there
Manager (Former Employee) –  NortheastSeptember 28, 2013
The cape air stated culture and philosophies are not what is promoted. Executives are deceitful, will only do what benefits themselves and their small circle. Most have no education but are Vice Presidents. Very political and discriminatory place to work.
Pay is lower than fast good for new frontline employees but all managers and above receive bonuses in the tens of thousands at year end.
There are no stated ethics or values. This is a mom and pop gone corporate on the same management phisolophies.
Great work environment, amazing people.
System Operations: Flight Follower (Part 135) (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MADecember 12, 2012
I started out knowing practically nothing but they taught me everything. I loved working for them and had no problem logging overtime, up to 60 hours a week. I felt like everyone in the company was an extended member of my family and I was one of theirs.
Pros
flight benefits, overtime available, health insurance for same sex couples, industry innovator.
Cons
poor management, low pay grade, not enough foresight into the near future.
Customer skills
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJuly 17, 2014
I am a people oriented person,willing to learn.Love to meet and greet new people, by checking them into their verious flight or providing them with their daily morning coffe.These task chellenge me to be good at multi tasking by answering the telephone while tending to customer at the same time.
Pros
multi task
Cons
great with people
great atmosphere but poor pay and not much in the way of advancement
cross trained gate agent (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 14, 2012
the flight benefits and the company attitude are great. Work is enjoyable but the pay is next to nothing for the duties assigned. I was working in an out station and often i worked alone managing the station but I was only payed entry level salary of 9 dollars an hour.
Great company to work for
Captain (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAApril 15, 2012
Cape Air is a great place for a pilot who is trying to build time, while making a decent living, with a great quality of life. It is also a good place to make a carrer out of if you like one of the bases and want a set schedule with decent pay. You can work your way up the seniority list rather quick.
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 19, 2012
This company is like one big family if you ever worked for an airline, you will see that this one is very different. I love coming into work...
Pros
flight perks
Cons
pay
Great Family feel company
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  maineOctober 22, 2014
Great company to work for. Always something new and exciting, whether its talking to our customers or with other staff.

2.8