Cape Canaveral Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy but productive unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2015
High paced unit with fast turnaround and high acuity patients. Team work is top notch though and the diverse patients provide constant learning and new experiences
Great CoWorkers and a friendly environment
RN Medical Surgical - Oncology (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 17, 2015
It's always a learning experience. The company provides many opportunities for advancement.

While the company states patient safety and satisfactiion are their main concerns, the patient/nurse ratio is too high; 7 or 8:1.

The hourly rate is one of the lowest in Brevard County, but the patient ratio is the highest.
Pros
Many different patients and experiences
Cons
Understaffed, nurse-patient ratio high
ED is fast paced and energetic and I learn something new every day.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMarch 12, 2015
I work from 645 until 1915 most days. One must be able to think on their feet and juggle many tasks simultaneously. Nursing skills get better with practice. Very hectic late in the afternoons and it seems at shift change. Love my co-workers.
Nice Place to Work
Certified Surgical Technologist, Main (Former Employee) –  cocoa beachJanuary 26, 2015
I would work here again. Plenty of experience to be gained in the OR
Excellent Moral and caring techs
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2015
This was my most favorite hospital. Everyone cares so much about patient satisfaction and it shows. I learned so much there and would recomend that hospital to all
Fun work enviroment
Dept. Assistant Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLDecember 4, 2014
Working for Cape Canaveral Hospital Women Diagnostic Center was very information I learned a lot and I enjoyed working in marketing and communication. Work pace was very busy but interesting and respected.
Pros
great lunches, great work hours and awesome benefits!
Cons
the pay in this department.
Housekeeper/ promoted to Office Assistant
Housekeeper/ promoted to Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLOctober 9, 2014
Excellent work atmosphere, enjoyed cleaning areas of hospital, excited when I was promoted to Office Assistant, and enjoyed helping others
Pros
always on time, very detail oriented, and a team player
Cons
overlooked for attendance award, .other than that it was a positive work environment.
Great and horrible
CNA (Former Employee) –  Cape canaveralOctober 4, 2014
The staff throughout the facility is wonderful to work with, the best. The problem is MANAGEMENT. They are not about the patient, it is all about numbers, quotas etc. they make the atmosphere NEGATIVE you are always walking on eggshells. You will do well if you can handle the stress from them.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Under staffed
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cocoa FlaApril 15, 2014
Need more staffing, on the night shift. It's a great place to work, but on the night shift staffing is very short..
Pros
the technician are great to work with.
Cons
managment
a fun never a dull moment work environment
Patient Accounts, Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJanuary 15, 2014
very busy hospital in all areas and aspects, I learned that no matter what people get sick or injured and need other people for help, hospital management is a very tough job on anyone and from my prospective don't get enough recognition for their sacrifices. hardest part of the job was letting go, best part was the experience of human interaction
Pros
always evolving
Cons
that i had to move away
Good job in medical records
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLAugust 28, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Cape Canaveral Hospital and I would always like to go back to work their again. I was a medical transcriptionist working in the evenings. Very nice environment.
Cons
supervisor problem-problem with working in area in medical records
Free lunch
Food Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLAugust 28, 2013
Everyone get alone.
Hardest when the tray cart get heavy and they tall to see.
Patient are happier when we smile.
It is a nice place but slow.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 30, 2013
A great place to work is Cape Canaveral Hospital. The really look after their employees and do what they can to fix any issues that may come about that make your working life uncomfortable.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
it goes through slow periods.
A Great Company to work for.
Clinical Transporter (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMay 23, 2013
I've been with Health First for 10 years and have been completly happy with working here. Benefits are great, employees are friendly and professional, and management has always seemed to care.
Do more with less
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2013
It is not about the patient anymore, it is about the numbers on the paper.
The best hospital i ever worked at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 28, 2012
I loved working for cape canaveral hospital. My co-workers was caring and wonerful to work with.
I loved my time at the hospital. Very professional workers who showed up for work each day and gave their all.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 13, 2012
I was a social worker at Cape Canaveral hospital for two years and loved every minute of it! I would still be there today if my husband had not been transferred. The skills I received there easily transferred to other hospitals and job settings. I made a number of friends who were co-workers and whom I remain in contact with today. The most difficult day there was the January morning when the shuttle exploded. We had a tradition of gathering together and watching the launches. That day we gathered as always in a vacant room and watched in shock as all the debris fell from the sky. We all stayed until that evening taking care of people in shock brought in through the E.R.Suffice it to say, Cape Canaveral was a super experience and the fond memories make me a better professional.
Pros
the experience and staff made my stay there memoriable.
Cons
nothing except the humidity!
Great learning experience
Med/Surg Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMarch 23, 2012
I worked on a mostly post op surgical floor with some medical and orthopedic patients
Pros
good pay, job stability, benefits
Cons
working weekends
Great place to work, everyone was family
Materials Management/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FlFebruary 24, 2012
Just a fantastic place to work. Well ran from the top on down. People take alot of pride helping patients and it was contagious.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
pay wasnt great