Cape Canaveral Hospital Employee Reviews

support services have been contracted out. not a good place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLNovember 12, 2017
Cape Canaveral Hospital was a wonderful place to work until all of support services were contracted out to other companies. At that point, the contractors cared more about how much money they could make instead of caring for the facility.
Quick, fast pace, and fun place to work.
Staff radiologic technologist (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLOctober 2, 2017
This is a quick, face pace and fun place to work. There is teamwork at this place. They really rely on good techs to do their job! I have absolutely no complaints about working at this facility. Just not a place to go M-F very quickly.
Cape Canaveral Hospital
Registered Nurse in Progressive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJune 23, 2017
situated in a beautiful river front; however, PCU nurse taking 6 patients in day shift is dangerous and very hard to do a good job trying to juggle all at the same time.
Wonderful staff and coworkers
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMay 30, 2017
This hospital was a great place to work. The best coworkers and supervisor, everyone is a family there. Very professional on all OR standards. I loved it!!
Pros
located right on the water
Cons
No cons at all.
Working conditions on the telemetry floor for a CNA is horrible.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLFebruary 4, 2017
I worked as a Cna on telemetry unit for over 1 year . Working conditions are horrible as often there is only 1 CNA working. I've had 32 plus patients at a time. Everyone keeps leaving as they can't retain employees under these conditions. No one can meet all of their standards and patient care is really suffering due to the constant shortage. I would not recommend working on that floor as things will never change.
Pros
Beautiful hospital
Cons
Very understaffed which leads to poor patient care and poor morale
impersonal
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLDecember 5, 2016
new management came in and ruined a wonderful work environment under the original Health First. I was downsized with 3 days notice after 8 years in a finely tuned ICU unit, leaving the RN's with no one to do the paperwork and watch monitors, answer phones, etc.
Pros
good benefits for full time, 401K
Cons
benefits end with employment
works well
COOK (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLOctober 27, 2016
cape canaveral hospital is a good company but some of the departments have no room for advancement and they don,t listen to employee needs to improve the department
Pros
easy to use
Cons
finding relocation info
good place for a student in school
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLOctober 19, 2016
Go to work
very busy
management was good, coworkers were awesome
hardest part of this job was the people on the cruise ships coming in and ordering food and being rude.
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new poeple.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
no benefits
Safe and nurturing environment
Food & Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLSeptember 29, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility that management offered to me. At this point in my life I was an active student athlete in high school and then later on in college. Management was very accommodating to me and allowed me to make my own schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule, healthcare
General Stores
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  General StoresSeptember 3, 2016
This place is run by the worse manager and supervisor. A lot of inexperienced, noncompassionate leadership creating one of the worse working environments I have ever seen. Logistically the department would run more efficiently without the constant meddling of these material supervisor and manager, that have no clue of the day to operations. A change in leadership for this department is long overdue
Pros
Hospital staff
Cons
General stores managers and supervisors
fun work place
Nursing Aide Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMay 5, 2016
they are just all around goof people and it is a great place to work. They have good food and they are nice to everyone they see in the halls
Outsourcing gone wrong
RN (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLSeptember 28, 2015
This place used to be great, the hospital everyone wanted to work in. After a few core changes (ahem, outsourcing), management does not value the staff's opinions, and job satisfaction is way down. Our patients' can sense it. The people who work here are THE BEST though!
Busy but productive unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2015
High paced unit with fast turnaround and high acuity patients. Team work is top notch though and the diverse patients provide constant learning and new experiences
Great CoWorkers and a friendly environment
RN Medical Surgical - Oncology (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 17, 2015
It's always a learning experience. The company provides many opportunities for advancement.

While the company states patient safety and satisfactiion are their main concerns, the patient/nurse ratio is too high; 7 or 8:1.

The hourly rate is one of the lowest in Brevard County, but the patient ratio is the highest.
Pros
Many different patients and experiences
Cons
Understaffed, nurse-patient ratio high
ED is fast paced and energetic and I learn something new every day.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMarch 12, 2015
I work from 645 until 1915 most days. One must be able to think on their feet and juggle many tasks simultaneously. Nursing skills get better with practice. Very hectic late in the afternoons and it seems at shift change. Love my co-workers.
Nice Place to Work
Certified Surgical Technologist, Main (Former Employee) –  cocoa beachJanuary 26, 2015
I would work here again. Plenty of experience to be gained in the OR
Excellent Moral and caring techs
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2015
This was my most favorite hospital. Everyone cares so much about patient satisfaction and it shows. I learned so much there and would recomend that hospital to all
Fun work enviroment
Dept. Assistant Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLDecember 4, 2014
Working for Cape Canaveral Hospital Women Diagnostic Center was very information I learned a lot and I enjoyed working in marketing and communication. Work pace was very busy but interesting and respected.
Pros
Great lunches, great work hours and AWESOME benefits!
Cons
the pay in this department.
Housekeeper/ promoted to Office Assistant
Housekeeper/ promoted to Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLOctober 9, 2014
Excellent work atmosphere, enjoyed cleaning areas of hospital, excited when I was promoted to Office Assistant, and enjoyed helping others
Pros
Always on time, very detail oriented, and a team player
Cons
Overlooked for attendance award, .other than that it was a positive work environment.
Great and horrible
CNA (Former Employee) –  Cape canaveralOctober 4, 2014
The staff throughout the facility is wonderful to work with, the best. The problem is MANAGEMENT. They are not about the patient, it is all about numbers, quotas etc. they make the atmosphere NEGATIVE you are always walking on eggshells. You will do well if you can handle the stress from them.
Pros
Staff