Cape Canaveral Hospital

Cape Canaveral Hospital Employer Reviews

Housekeeper/ promoted to Office Assistant
Housekeeper/ promoted to Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: always on time, very detail oriented, and a team player
Cons: overlooked for attendance award, .other than that it was a positive work environment.
Excellent work atmosphere, enjoyed cleaning areas of hospital, excited when I was promoted to Office Assistant, and enjoyed helping others
Great and horrible
CNA (Former Employee), Cape canaveralOctober 4, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: management
The staff throughout the facility is wonderful to work with, the best. The problem is MANAGEMENT. They are not about the patient, it is all about numbers, quotas etc. they make the atmosphere NEGATIVE you are always walking on eggshells. You will do well if you can handle the stress from them.
Under staffed
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Cocoa FlaApril 15, 2014
Pros: the technician are great to work with.
Cons: managment
Need more staffing, on the night shift. It's a great place to work, but on the night shift staffing is very short..
a fun never a dull moment work environment
Patient Accounts, Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: always evolving
Cons: that i had to move away
very busy hospital in all areas and aspects, I learned that no matter what people get sick or injured and need other people for help, hospital management is a very tough job on anyone and from my prospective don't get enough recognition for their sacrifices. hardest part of the job was letting go, best part was the experience of human interaction
Good job in medical records
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLAugust 28, 2013
Cons: supervisor problem-problem with working in area in medical records
I enjoyed my time at Cape Canaveral Hospital and I would always like to go back to work their again. I was a medical transcriptionist working in the evenings. Very nice environment.
Free lunch
Food Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLAugust 28, 2013
Everyone get alone.
Hardest when the tray cart get heavy and they tall to see.
Patient are happier when we smile.
It is a nice place but slow.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great pay.
Cons: it goes through slow periods.
A great place to work is Cape Canaveral Hospital. The really look after their employees and do what they can to fix any issues that may come about that make your working life uncomfortable.
A Great Company to work for.
Clinical Transporter (Current Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLMay 23, 2013
I've been with Health First for 10 years and have been completly happy with working here. Benefits are great, employees are friendly and professional, and management has always seemed to care.
Do more with less
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2013
It is not about the patient anymore, it is about the numbers on the paper.
The best hospital i ever worked at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 28, 2012
I loved working for cape canaveral hospital. My co-workers was caring and wonerful to work with.
I loved my time at the hospital. Very professional workers who showed up for work each day and gave their all.
Social Worker (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 13, 2012
Pros: the experience and staff made my stay there memoriable.
Cons: nothing except the humidity!
I was a social worker at Cape Canaveral hospital for two years and loved every minute of it! I would still be there today if my husband had not been transferred. The skills I received there easily transferred to other hospitals and job settings. I made a number of friends who were co-workers and whom I remain in contact with today. The most difficult – more... day there was the January morning when the shuttle exploded. We had a tradition of gathering together and watching the launches. That day we gathered as always in a vacant room and watched in shock as all the debris fell from the sky. We all stayed until that evening taking care of people in shock brought in through the E.R.Suffice it to say, Cape Canaveral was a super experience and the fond memories make me a better professional. – less
Great learning experience
Med/Surg Floor Nurse (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLMarch 23, 2012
Pros: good pay, job stability, benefits
Cons: working weekends
I worked on a mostly post op surgical floor with some medical and orthopedic patients
Great place to work, everyone was family
Materials Management/Medical Records (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FlFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: pay wasnt great
Just a fantastic place to work. Well ran from the top on down. People take alot of pride helping patients and it was contagious.

About Cape Canaveral Hospital

Health First works to keep Florida's Space Coast denizens in tip-top shape. The not-for-profit health system¬†operates¬†four hospitals – Read more