Cape Fear Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Make the best of it.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 17, 2017
Good job if you want to get your foot into the door of Health Care (not a career job). Management is okay, which consists of 3-4 supervisors and a director that have been been in their positions at CFV for 15+ years, so advancement in the Patient Transportation Department is nonexistent. However, there are advancement opportunities around the hospital and you are able to transfer departments after 6 months of working and 0 write ups. Transporters are constantly on their feet with the exception of a 30 minute lunch break and if there are no jobs in the system to move a patient. Transporters are indeed underpaid ($9-10/hr); it is A LOT more that goes into the job than just transporting patients to their destination. Overall, I'll give it a C+
Cons
Management, No advancement, little Pay, Short breaks, Use of Beepers
Do NOT work for Cape Fear
Monitor Technician- Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 10, 2017
While I can not speak for the entire hospital working in the Emergency Department management is confused at best. They are incredibly short staffed due to the way employees are treated and the conditions they are to work under (frequently not having the supplies needed). You frequently hear staff say they feel "trapped" because they know that this is one of the lowest paying hospitals but if you try to leave the system it is the only one for close to a hour away.
Pros
Disorganized management, unsafe
Cons
Schedule
Love it at CVF
Acute Care Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28304May 5, 2017
This is a great place to work all around. Every one is very friendly. They train you very well for the position in which you are hired. I would work there again.
Okay work environment, awesome benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 4, 2017
Could use some work in the managerial department but work atmosphere is tolerable and the job itself is okay. Awesome benefits and discounts for staff
Lot of work but great company
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 3, 2017
A typical day at work starts at 7. I go thru my personal emails. Then I go thru team emails and sort those out and make sure they are in the appropriate mailboxes. I then make sure to clean out our voice mailbox. Then my workday can actually start. I work on tasks that are prioritized as urgent or high dollar. After those are completed I start to clean out my personal mail box. I have learned on this job that time management is very key. Time can get away from you very quickly and you must set reminders to check on providers who you have submitted requests for because you will have a lot of them and if you don't they will get lost in the shuffle. I have also learned what it takes to maintain professional licensures of medical professionals. All in all, I love my job and the people I work with. I have the best bosses in the world especially my direct supervisor.
Cons
paid time off
Fun work place and positive environment
Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 28, 2017
I tend to work and go home. I do what is asked of me and beyond. I focus on my job. Working at Cape Fear Valley has been a great experience. The environments in which I have worked every one has been good co-workers.
excellent place to work, great benefits and opportunites to advance within the system.
Food Service Assistant -1 (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 26, 2017
I enjoy working with people and engaging with the public and my managers on a daily basis. I learned that The day goes fast especially once we open our doors for business. I would recommend it as a good place for young people just starting out in the work force as a place to learn skills that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. There is some lifting involved in the job, some walking and you will be on your feet much of the day. I don't think the job is hard, just a matter of doing things in the correct order and at the right time. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people and getting up each morning with a purpose for the day.
Pros
discounted meal, great work environment.
good place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 25, 2017
Cape Fear Valley Medical Center can be very challenging. Currently working in the Emergency Department, there is an ever changing environment. The staff is skilled and professional.
Pros
competative salary and benefits with differential pay
Cons
long hours and a challenge on social activities
Great Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 21, 2017
Enjoy working on the surgical floor of Cape Fear Valley. I have seen all types of surgeries. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the family members, the most enjoyable part of my lob was caring for my patients and meeting their needs.
It was my first job
Patient Access Representative-front (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 20, 2017
The patients could be difficult at times but were overall good to me and my coworkers. Management didn't really breathe down our necks about the day to day running of the job so much as the change in policies which was every other day. My coworkers were fun to work with and the job itself was easy and repetitive.
No quality management
Staff pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 12, 2017
Too many "click" in the pharmacy. If they didn't like you, they made sure to get rid of you. To many pharmacist training a new employee how to do things and they each have a different way of getting the same job done, but if you didn't do it their way, you were wrong. Bad environment to try and learn in.
Love Cape Fear Valley
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 11, 2017
It has been a fulfilling experience thus far! I am forever grateful to Cape Fear Valley for hiring me as a recent graduate. Most people do not find great jobs right after college but thanks to Cape Fear Valley, I did!
Good place twork
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 8, 2017
Good place to work. May not provide as many opportunities for advancement as you would think. A typical day at work involved either cleaning the floors, and bathrooms on the main floor of the hospital or cleaning all areas of the building that were near the main building. Management provided updates weekly on the rating of how the building were being maintained. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other employees.
Pros
reasonable fees for uniforms
Cons
required to work different shifts.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 7, 2017
I currently work here. It's a great place to work. I'm a nursing assistant2 I just completed my phlebotomy certification. Capefear is a learning hospital, although it pays the bills the money sucks. I work 12 hours Friday, Saturday, Sunday. 12 hours. It's good because I'm off the rest of the week. Take ekg or phlebotomy don't be a nursing assistant.
Pros
I pick the days i work
Cons
The pay. For what i do as a nursing assistant it is not enough.
Great Place of Employment
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 28, 2017
People are friendly, benefits could be better, not much job advancement. Co-workers are fabulous, management was fabulous, and I would highly recommend this place.
Repeat
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 21, 2017
none of the managers ever knew what was going on. You could never get a clear answer. I was able to talk to cancer patients all day and make them smile or mak etheir family feel cared for, although i was just a housekeeper. I enjoyed the nursing staff and the patients, but management needed to change
Work hard
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  6 SouthMarch 14, 2017
It's an okay place to work it depend on the floor you work on. The work can be stressful at times, but also rewarding. You have room to grow with this hospital, but most get their experience and leave. It all depends on a persons work ethics and attitude to work at this hospital.
Largest employer in Fayetteville
Sr Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 5, 2017
Overall great company to work for great benefits and job growth. I work for the two heart surgeons at Cape fear Valley health system. I have worked for them for the past 15 years they are a great pair of surgeons. I am very fortunate to have worked with both of them for as long as I have.
Productive work place
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 1, 2017
I love working for Cape Fear. The benefits were assume and the staff and people were great. I learn how to be a better me and the job advance is available.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Hard Work and Long Hours
Laid back place to work not a lot of room for advancement
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to start out while going to school or just starting out in the work frield. However, micromanagement is a problem here and there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
Free gym membership, free exercise classes
Cons
Management micromanages, little room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Fear Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval