CAPE Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Dissatisfied Family Advocate
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 27, 2017
The environment was untrustworthy and threatening. Managers favor employees; they ignore the requests of employees who need support, deny conversations, and delay feedback to questions. One manager had me represent her in IEP/IFSP meeting and claimed she attended and another manager did not follow up with training request, in fact she said she didn’t trust all family advocates with the data base system. I resigned within a year and took a minimum wage job where I am treated better.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Managers gossip about employees in front of other employees.
Fun
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 30, 2017
Great leadership great co-works i've got to work with alot of interesting people and places. I think if there a bad thing about this company is that we don't have enough work.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
need more work
nice company
Real Estate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 24, 2015
you will build relationships with your counterparts and project a positive, professional image of the organization and our Operations team. Our exciting, fast-paced environment encourages teamwork and collaboration at all levels of the organization, allowing you to work and build relationships with associates in all departments and regions. As a Property Manager with Wangard Partners you will be Taking Care of the Way People Live every day.
Company upper management is Laden with friends and relatives of the CEO
Site Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJune 2, 2012
Cape was started as an Enviromental Company (handling and disposal of hazardous waste) and because it was founded by a minority owner it was able to get government contracts in spite of being a new and small company. The company grew from there by acquisitions and hiring management personnel from other related industries where now Cape has a Storage Tank division, Industrial Coatings and a Mechanical division. Still, goverment work is a very large part of their business.
I worked for mechanical division, which is primarily airplane fueling installations, military and commercial, and is headed out of the Florda office. Job assignments are not done on merit, but based on family and political (within the company politics) connections.
The head of the office decides policy and bonus considerations. He also holds it over your head and reminds you daily who is the boss.
ConstructIon companies are notorious for being cliquish and full of nepotism, but Cape is one company that makes no attempt to hide it. The workers that are not in the inner circle feel like outsiders no matter how long they work for the company. The connected group will make mistakes and receive no real punishment for their deeds.
My jobs varied from locations and coworkers, but there was a common thread to them, if you didn't please the boss 100% of the time, you had no future with Cape.
Pros
provide a job on a bad economy.
Cons
nobody feels secured about their job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAPE Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6