Capella University Employee Reviews

Great College
STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 13, 2017
Love this school would never go anywhere else. Have been a student since Jan. 2016. They are very helpful and want you to succeed.They reward you with great praise and help you if you need anything.
Capella University
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2017
Capella University offers a quality education to a diverse group of students. Instructors at Capella University prioritize the student, and are very involved in the classroom.
Pros
Quality education
Frustrating
Core Faculty (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 29, 2017
This is not a healthy place to work. Work load continues to go up, expectations unrealistic. Administration changes often. No loyalty shown. Very contradictory.
Capella University is Awsome.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 18, 2017
Capella University has given me the further skills to enable my knowledge to higher levels. Working two courses per quarter has given me opportunities to continue everyday tasks with no interruptions. The courses are informative and enlightning.
Pros
time
Cons
end
Regional Corporate Sales and Marketing Professional
Account Manager, Southeast Region (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2017
Identified key decision makers and developed professional relationships in order to sell Capella services. Recruited students via phone, information seminars, and events.
Excellent University
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  OnlineFebruary 19, 2017
Management and focus toward learning and support throughout all levels of the organization are outstanding. A pleasure to serve as mentor and chair to assist doctoral learner success.
Productive and exceptional place of employment
Flex Path online Tutor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Capella University is an equal opportunity institution of higher learning that affords faculty and staff to excel as well as advance. Therefore, the advancement earned within this organization reveals a very compelling and well represented diverse expertise among the quality of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team of colleagues that come together thriving to enrich as well as empower the lives of Learners to obtain advance degrees. I am extremely fortunate for the FlexPath program to include my Supervisor, Team of tutors, and especially the Learners that allow me to be apart of their Academic journey!
Licensed Social Worker in South Carolina, License (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2017
This is not a job. This is a college and it is a good online university.
I would recommend this school to everyone. It has a great counseling programs and you will learn a lot from the week long residency that people have to attend.
Successfull Educational Program
FT Student (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 8, 2016
Coursework and study includes Clinical Mental Health Counseling. This college offers a stringent but significantly high success rate for their hybrid programs.
I enjoyed my two years
Student Success Assistant (Former Employee) –  OnlineDecember 7, 2016
I LOVED working for Capella University. I am looking to come back to the university as a faculty member. It is a great place and a lot of new changes are being made!

-great co-workers
-strong management
Capella
Supplemental Instruction Facilitator (Former Employee) –  onlineNovember 28, 2016
I enjoyed working here. Employment was online, schedule varied, supervisors varied per course but were all wonderful. Enjoyable experience.
Excellent Company
Supplemental Instructor/ Life Span and Development (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2016
It has been a wonderful experience as a student and employee. I am looking forward to continuing my time with this company.
Love this University
Marriage and Family Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 29, 2016
Great place to work for! Awesome leadership and amazing people who want to help you succeed. The most enjoyable part of the job is to help other learners who just want to understand and process their assignments!
Regarding the University
Student (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 15, 2016
This University is Epic. It has the most involved and concerned Professors to teach the students. The courses are very in depth but yet somewhat easy to follow.

Each student that enters this University, can feel the amount of caring that each employee shows them.

I have enjoyed and are still enjoying being a student at this University. Every single department is so helpful to each student and this is so important to the new incoming students to understand.

I would highly recommend anyone if there are thinking about which online school that they want to attend, check out Capella University and mention my name "Maryann Coberly" to the Admissions department because we do have a referral program :)
Pros
Tutors, easy programs, caring employees to help each student
Cons
Student loans
Productive and fun environment
Marketing Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 12, 2016
Typical work day is 8-9 hours, can be stressful or not depending on the day, great culture and co-workers. I love getting to work with all different verticals on marketing projects .
Good experience as a teaching assistant
Teachers Assistant - Graduate Psychology Courses (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 30, 2016
The TA program is relatively new to Capella and a great asset to the University, as it assists learners to develop skills outside of the classroom. It also allows learners an opportunity to see the way that online education is conducted from the teaching point of view.
Pros
A chance to pay for tuition
Cons
Limited number of hours
Nice company.
Contracted IA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2016
P3I Technologies is a great place to work. The PM's truly care for each and every person on their team. It is just tough for them being such a small business that there is little room for growth and if your position on a contract gets cut there is not much they can do except lay you off.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work on an Air Force base with all of its pros and cons
Fun place to work
Sr. Learner Services & Operations Rep (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2016
I love the atmosphere, however, the growth opportunities are not ideal.

I've had access to several programs that I would not have that will continue to be useful to me.

Hardest part of the job are the lulls. We are, in my opinion, currently overstaffed and several of my teammates (in a team of 6) leave early each day due to the lack of work.
Pros
Bagel Friday
Cons
expensive healthcare, overstaffed
Teaching Assistant
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMarch 27, 2016
I enjoyed this position very much. I was able to learn about teaching in a distance learning setting.
My Management and Coworkers all lived in different states and we were able to connect via technology a few times a month. It was refreshing to work in an environment where everyone enjoyed the same thing and was working towards the same goal.
Everyday was challenging and exciting
student pursing PhD in Education: T& PI (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2016
Working with people in human services and education to develop people and skills. Worked with team of co-workers to coordinate and facilitate service needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing job knowledge and watching people improve.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Stressful environments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capella University. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval