Capella University Employee Reviews in United States

Good experience as a teaching assistant
Teachers Assistant - Graduate Psychology Courses (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 30, 2016
The TA program is relatively new to Capella and a great asset to the University, as it assists learners to develop skills outside of the classroom. It also allows learners an opportunity to see the way that online education is conducted from the teaching point of view.
Pros
A chance to pay for tuition
Cons
Limited number of hours
Nice company.
Contracted IA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2016
P3I Technologies is a great place to work. The PM's truly care for each and every person on their team. It is just tough for them being such a small business that there is little room for growth and if your position on a contract gets cut there is not much they can do except lay you off.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work on an Air Force base with all of its pros and cons
Fun place to work
Sr. Learner Services & Operations Rep (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2016
I love the atmosphere, however, the growth opportunities are not ideal.

I've had access to several programs that I would not have that will continue to be useful to me.

Hardest part of the job are the lulls. We are, in my opinion, currently overstaffed and several of my teammates (in a team of 6) leave early each day due to the lack of work.
Pros
Bagel Friday
Cons
expensive healthcare, overstaffed
Teaching Assistant
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMarch 27, 2016
I enjoyed this position very much. I was able to learn about teaching in a distance learning setting.
My Management and Coworkers all lived in different states and we were able to connect via technology a few times a month. It was refreshing to work in an environment where everyone enjoyed the same thing and was working towards the same goal.
Everyday was challenging and exciting
student pursing PhD in Education: T& PI (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2016
Working with people in human services and education to develop people and skills. Worked with team of co-workers to coordinate and facilitate service needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing job knowledge and watching people improve.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Stressful environments
The most dedicated group of employees ever found in one place.
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2016
The caliber of people you work with is outstanding! There is a great deal of flexibility in your work day. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with faculty. Hardest part of the job is working with faculty.
Pros
Casual Fridays, Bagel Fridays
Cons
Workload can be out of balance.
Productive and fun environment
Marketing Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 12, 2016
Typical work day is 8-9 hours, can be stressful or not depending on the day, great culture and co-workers. I love getting to work with all different verticals on marketing projects .
help student
Capella University Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 14, 2015
My normal week was between two different type of meetings i had office hours and normal class hours that changes based on the students need of that quarter.
An online college for Bachelors and Masters degree
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 19, 2015
Capella is and online college that offers free classes to its employees. The management for my position offered little for job training or advancement.
Advantage was working remotely
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  homeJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed being able to do work wherever wi-fi was available. The trade-off was a lack of relationship with students. Other faculty were extremely helpful, but since it was all remote, students felt less accountable and felt freer to be insulting and rude.
Pros
portability
Cons
student lack of engagement
Overall, Specialty Endorsement Programs exceptional
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2015
Overall, Individuals entering school for a specific track of educational advancement should do favorably. The "required" colloquia were limited and not offered in areas easily accessible to disabled students.
Pros
Great Students, positive environment
Cons
Advising Department was not adequate and financial aid department had constant turnovers, disrupting educational programming
Awesome place with great people
Digital Experiences Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 8, 2015
Being an intern at Capella is great. I feel valued and like I serve a purpose. I get to be apart of big and small projects. Some that I just sit in and others that I get to play a larger role. They're helping my career start off on the right foot.
Pros
Fun intern events and great people
good culture, positive employees
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 26, 2015
Capella is a good company to work for, depending on personal career goals. I have gained a lot of professional experience here and I will use these skills going forward in my business career.
Pros
Good Company to work for
Capella University
Student (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis,MinnesotaJune 23, 2015
Great school for online teaching. Currently starting another quarter and excited to see what is next to learn. Being a self paced environment one can always make time according to ones schedule to get work done.
Pros
Online, Easy Access, Self paced
Cons
No face to face
Excellent
Student (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2015
Wonderful educational opportunity and the organization is very supportive of students. I will continue to be engaged with the company.
Pros
Good Support
Cons
None at this time.
Training wasn't sufficient to support job requirements
Instructional Designer Developer (Former Employee) –  MNMay 29, 2015
More of a Project management role. Most work is to drive deliverables for SMEs. Contractors responses to circumstances aren't validated
Pros
location
Cons
work space, unrealistic expectations
Great place to go to school
Student (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 23, 2015
My typical day at school was to go online do my papers and got a great review and grade. The teacher and management are awesome to learn under.
Pros
Great place to go to school
Cons
An amazing work environment promoting respect and diverstiy.
Virtual Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  VirtualSeptember 4, 2014
A typical day for me includes interacting with a variety of learners and staff to promote learner success. This is accomplished through employment of both teaching strategies for obtaining answers and providing the correct answer.
Pros
the curriculum assignment is designed to build toward the desired major
Cons
only hires a small percentage of their own graduates to ensure instructor pool remains diverse
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST (IT) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2014
I spent most of my days setting up computers and workstations. My manager was understanding of my being a student and we made hours that worked best for me. I was always being pushed to do the best that I could. I enjoyed making new connections and building relationships.
Great culture and opportunites for professional development
Senior Registrar Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2014
I wasn't micro-managed. I was told what I needed to do and as long as I completed the task it was great. The company was all about professional development and helping employees select goals for the future.
My co-workers were fantastic. We worked independently but helped each other out when needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and manager. We would have team and departmental outings, potlucks, bagel Fridays, etc.
I also loved the fact that Capella shows employee appreciate through awards and meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capella University. Our community is ready to answer.