Capgemini Employee Reviews in United States

Good salary/No worklife balance or job security
SAP Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
Capgemini after its recent acquisition of IGate has been a little bit of mess. They are hugely dependent on Oil companies for projects and Oil markets have tanked. They are laying off people in large swathes. Plus igate merger has created a huge bench problem for them. They offer good salary package and benefits.(except 401k).
401K contribution starts after 1 year of joining and has 3 years of vesting period. Also, when you are on projects, your manager decide when you want to take vacations and not you or your family, which is a bummer.
Pros
Salary; vacation package
Cons
job security, learning opportunities, few projects in pipeline
Strong Company culture allowing work life balance
Project Lead V&V (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 8, 2016
From beginning my IT career as a Software Engineer with Patni Computer Systems(which is now Cap Gemini) in 2005 and growing there to a Project Lead, it has been a great learning and enriching experience (11 years) for me and all this opportunity has been given to me by my company Cap Gemini Technologies (erstwhile IGATE & PATNI). I am proud being associated with Cap Gemini.
Pros
Training Center, Offshore Campus, Recreational facilities for Employees
Cons
Salary, Career Growth Rate, Appraisal system
Old-school mentality
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2016
Capgemini might be a global organization, but their practices are stuck in old ways. They need to advance and adopt to the new digital age which does not require such extensive travel and being onsite for all the work.

Good compensation, but not worth the personal sacrifice.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible work life balance
ASR tester (frontier Communications) (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 7, 2016
I was given many challenges with all work tools being provided and achieving all goals given, I loved working for this company and can not wait to see if I have another opportunity to shine with them.
Pros
Cons
good salary provided services that were required
Too big for its own good
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2016
I was not given the salary I was promised and after 2 years, am sitting still with no career path or promotion opportunities despite amazing strides made within the company.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding
Cons
Very departmentalized but that hinders the ability to get work done
Outstanding workplace, excellent training and growth opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX; Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
During my tenure I used my skills in Value Chain Execution, Value Chain Planning, Supply Chain Management, eAM, CRM Service, and Asset Tracking. While serving clients, participation in pursuits of new business, and career building activities such as people management training, functional and technical training was required.

My colleagues were intelligent, articulate, personable and motivated to succeed and grow professionally. The skill of my colleagues was invaluable in helping clients and potential clients as we worked to satisfy customers and pursue leads.

Typical work days started between 0730 and 0830. I worked closely with client staffers, to understand current practices and map to new systems, resolving functional and technical issues. Workdays ended between 6 pm and 7 pm. Extracurricular activities occupied after hours, generally until 9 or 10 pm. After hours work consisted of participating as an SME adding information to client pursuits.

Travel was generally Sunday night until Thursday night as most clients locations had no flights inbound from my city until well into the work day.
Capgemini - Great Place to Work
Team Lead Wintel Division Infrastructure Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
Great place, Lower management is reliable, and competent. Do recognize that family comes first and are very lenient on time off and working from home.
Pros
Work from Home.
Cons
Limited Advancement and Raises.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Sr.Apps/Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Vieston (US)February 9, 2016
Presently working as Oracle Applications DBA supporting Oracle R12 ERP, Oracle ERP 11.5.10.2 on AIX O/S. I have supported multiple mission critical Production, test & development databases on UNIX platforms with databases up to 2TB. Databases are running 24*7 across multiple platforms. I was lead in creating POC for UK Client who wanted to migrate the Database from Non-RAC to RAC. I was asked by management to create , install and test 2 node RAC cluster environment and hand it over to client for further testing.
Cap Gemini review
Cap Gemini Sr. Systems Analyst / SAP Basis Team (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at the WB client when Cap Gemini took over in 2009 ... I loved being as busy as we were with the work load we had ,,, All of my managers and co-workers were great people to work with ...
Pros
Good pay, breaks and freedom to get our jobs done whether it was in the office or telecommuting
Cons
We never knew how long our positions at Cap Gemini would last, no time was allowed for extra training ...
Great Place to Work
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 14, 2015
Capgemini is a great company to work for. Anyone looking for long term work this is the place to be.Great benefits and great group to work with overall.
Pipeline dry
Senior Manager SAP Service Line (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2016
job security not good...too many lost opportunities...I would not go back...too many looooong project hours...project management made working weekends the normal process
Cons
Capgemini is a reputable world renowned company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2016
The company is a great place to work, brings diverse experience from many locations worldwide. The company is highly reputable and recognized around the world. They are gaining momentum in government business, but not yet on a competitive edge.
Pros
Excellent work place with energetic people
Cons
Not on the competitive edge for government business
Oppurtunity to learn with a good set of people
Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  NYJune 3, 2015
Pros:

Good company
Good medical benefits
Good and smart people to work with

Cons:
Bad middle management
Lack of growth and career path

If the management is more communicating will help a lot in the long run for a good organization. People should be promoted based on their skills.
Pros
Good company Good medical benefits Good and smart people to work with
Cons
Bad middle management Lack of growth and career path
External Sourcing / Vendor Management (Former Employee) –  Network all over USAugust 7, 2015
Capgemini has been awarded several times as a Great Place to Work because it actually is a great place to work, with several benefits for the employees and their families, the people is professional and friendly, each one builds its own opportunities to grow. A lot of professional and dedicated people.
Overall Good
Senior Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 3, 2015
Monday through Thursday at customer location - good work life balance
Good learning exposure
Poorly experienced management people in senior position
Excellent Coworkers
Extreme Travel to multiple locations
Working with highly skilled technical and functional folks
Pros
Compensation and work life balance
Cons
Poor management people in senior most position
Competitive place to work with a bunch of opportunities
Sr Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2016
What makes my day is that there are so many things happening in this company, its fun to find out what you want to get involved in and then the folks are always happy to welcome enthusiastic volunteers for organization initiatives
Pros
Ample opportunities
Cons
compensation
Productive fun work environment
Project Lead-V&V (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
Productive fun work environment Capgemini gives good opportunities for growth. If you like to work harder then this is place for you
Ok place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 18, 2016
Not a good middle management. Firing policy is unjust and don't give any notice. One of my colleagues got a call one morning and someone on the other side told her that it was last day. And they expect employees to give 2 weeks notice.
Pros
Money
Cons
Bad people management, human resource strategy is pathetic/confused
I really enjoyed my time at Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL and San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2015
I had to leave the company by choice as I gave birth to my twin kids (now almost 13 years old) and needed to find a better work/life balance. But really enjoy the challenges of consulting and had great management teams both in Chicago and San Francisco and I still keep in touch with them after almost 12 years.
Pros
love the fast pace of consulting and versatility
Cons
work life balance is hard to get in a consulting firm
Great First Job
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2016
Capgemini is a huge company that allows you to leverage communication and problem solving skills to challenge yourself and learn a ton. Great if you love to travel, but local opportunities as well. Endless ways to get involved - from employee resource groups to recruiting.

The biggest problem is with staffing appropriately to project needs and adequately preparing new consultants for what's expected of them.