Capistrano Unified School District Employee Reviews

was there a short time each day, it fulfilled my expectations
Noon Aide (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CANovember 27, 2017
Capistrano Unified is a great place for employment. I interacted with students, staff and was able to benefit from all I came in contact with from Principal to teacher to custodian to students.
Exciting and eventlful job!
LVN/School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed being around the children every day and making their days better whether it was giving them a band aid or wiping their tears away. Working with children is so rewarding!
Productive and relaxed place to work.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CASeptember 28, 2017
I reviewed the teacher's lesson plans and followed through.

The students most part were delightful. The district is very well managed.

I only worked with elementary school. The culture was well educated and well mannered.

The most difficult part of this job is that bright students know that ultimately they have authority over a teacher and will go to a principal if they are angry.

Most students here are loving and approachable.
Pros
Extraordinary work environment.
Cons
Bright students will try to take advantage of a soft hearted teacher.
Great learning experience, although temporary.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CASeptember 23, 2017
Follow the teacher's sub plans to the best of my ability. Maintain classroom control and behavior. The best part about the job is being around students who where inovative and motivated. The most challenging part about the job were dealing with students with disciplinary issues.
Pros
Working with students in a school environment.
Cons
Dealing with students with discipline issues.
Fun work place if you love kids
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 13, 2017
rs worked well with my other night job It was low pay 10 bucks a hour, I started in 2003 and when i left in 2011 i still was making 10 a hour. Nice job for stay home mothers with kids going to school.
Pros
hours
Wonderful place to work
Special Education Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CaliforniaAugust 1, 2017
The school district is a warm and nurturing environment. There are numerous job positions both credentialed and non-credentialed allowing you to choose the position that best suites your needs and skill-set.
As an interim administrator, my contribution was valued. I was given a tremendous amount of freedom and felt trusted.
Interim Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJuly 21, 2017
This job was very stressful, but very rewarding. I was given a wide range of responsibilities, so every day was different. I was trusted to solve difficult problems and I was asked to take high profile assignments.
Pros
I felt valued and that I was having an impact.
Cons
Very stressful
Reveiw
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJune 29, 2017
I miss it.
People are outstanding, positive, quick to help.
Nobody is ever left behind.
Every staff member is there to work TOGETHTER for our students.
Pros
Community
Cons
Long Drive
Volunteer design work
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 5, 2017
There wasn't any real pay for my work designing posters, but I did get the opportunity to design a planner for the school, which earned me a nice $100.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 13, 2017
SJHHS is the best high school to work for in the district. The staff, teachers, and students make the school amazing. The administration is very supportive of staff and teachers and wants every student to achieve their goals.
Very flexible
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 24, 2017
Great for a mom or dad who want to spend time with their children who are in the same district. Great for a teacher who doesn't know exactly what grade they would like to teach in, because they are able to choose from a variety of jobs.
Pros
Options
Rewarding job for those who enjoy bettering the lives of others
Independence Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 29, 2016
A typical day as an independence facilitator consists of helping children get on as independently as possible. The enjoyable part is the creative, bubbly, witty, and fun personalities you encounter both inside and outside the classrooms. The hard part is changing hats numerous times a day to the needs of students as each is unique and requires a different approach.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare
Cusd
Independent Facilitator (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CANovember 30, 2016
Great School District and a fantastic place to work. Offers benefits and training. The staff works as a team to plan curriculum and the position was enjoyable.
fun place great staff
Independent Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Ladera Ranch, CAAugust 12, 2016
Learned so much about human behavior working here. You meet so many kinds of people and learn how to deal with certain types of people. Staff here is great.
Super great
Independence Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAMarch 14, 2016
Never have come across people in the district who werent nice or helpful. No matter what school I've been at it has always been a positive experience.
Pros
Great people
Family Oriented School
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CADecember 12, 2015
The staff is a stellar, operating as a tight-knit work family fully dedicated to the betterment of students. It is a wonderful place to be!
Pros
Small school; shorter class hours
not a bad job
Language Assessment Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAOctober 26, 2015
Going out to a different school each day. Some schools more organized than others. Pleasant staff mostly. Children cooperative generally. Repetition of job was oftentimes monotonous. Very easy job. Compensation good.
Pros
working with children
Cons
repetitive speaking was tiring
colleagues were challenging
Substitute Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 29, 2015
As an entry level position within the district, without much opportunity for advancement, the colleagues were not very motivated to be interactive or do their best.
Pros
be around my kids
Cons
short breaks or overlooked
productive and fun environment
Instructional Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 19, 2015
people and students are awesome to work with.I have learned to work with all sorts of students with all sorts of issues, each and every student is unique.I love interacting with the parents and getting to know them as well.
Pros
nice work invironment
Cusd
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CASeptember 17, 2014
Great place to do substitute teaching. With a Kindergarten to 12th grade list, a different school and class setting everyday.
Pros
Great Schools