Capita plc Employee Reviews

Slave Labour
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Scottish PowerNovember 11, 2017
Avoid, they treat you like an stupid infant.

Training consists of putting your hand up and asking a supervisor to answer the customers question.

(After you've left the customer on hold for a few minutes first).
Pros
5 mins walk from home.
Cons
Hostile, oppressive enviroment with box-ticking management.
Not that great
Windows Technical Lead/Deputy Team Leader (Former Employee) –  LondonOctober 20, 2017
Not great place to work unfortunately.
Little dated and too much politics.
No growth technically
and this is in all locations of capita as I know of
Great staff
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  LeedsAugust 28, 2017
Capita has a great workforce. The staff and management are incredibly friendly and they most certainly help you get on with the day's/night's proceedings. However, should you be placed with a Graveyard shift, it's brutal! Calls do not stop coming in and by the time you're finished work, everything is shut. So even if you wanted to go to the store, you couldn't. That doesn't mean it's a bad company to work for, no. But if they helped the people who perform the Graveyard shift in a way that helps their lives externally, that'd be brilliant.
Pros
Lots of benefits like Vision Express discounts.
Cons
Short breaks and little to no career progression.
productivity
Assistant to EA (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 21, 2017
good exellent place to work. Good Benefits. Good pay .Decent work environment and professional. Free lunch and open incentive for bonus and promotions. Ceo very open minded.
Pros
productive and professional
Cons
schedules
A structured but flexible environment
E A (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 26, 2016
A typical workday here is filled with lots of emails and phone calls. Forwarding messages from clients of Ceo to Ceo. Scheduling appointments and meetingsMulti tasking is very much so appreciated . Departmental logistics navigation is key to meeting deadlines. My coworkers are easy going but task driven and goal oriented. I enjoy the freedom of creative expression and refreshing company culture where it has structure and flexibility. There is no perfect job
Pros
incentive for growth, bonuses, lunch, benefits
Cons
no perfect company
M&s call centre .... Really capita ... But cnt tell customers this !!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Runcorn cheshireFebruary 7, 2016
Bad from day one . Training poor , didn't get to see live calls until taking them !! Computers not working
Change days off without notice
Managers haven't a clue !
Unsympathetic and show no empathy to staff
Girls mother past away , wasn't caring one bit and in her return were horriable !
Customers talk to you like dirt and management dnt care one bit
Just a bum on seats , moan if go loo to long or talk to customers too long
Pros
Team mates fab
Cons
Everything else !!
Productive and nice place to work in
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UKAugust 10, 2015
Very supportive culture. Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged at this employer. Training opportunities are available to equip you with necessary skills to do the job
Dreadful
disability assessor (Former Employee) –  belfastAugust 5, 2015
Working as a disability assessor in Belfast. Very unprofessional company, lacking in management skills. Huge pressure over productivity, people in tears in the office frequently. No policies, systems, procedures or guidelines. Not a job if you call yourself a health professional. Purely administrative role.
Pros
office hours
Cons
lack of systems, lack of professionalism, lack of training
Great work environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 4, 2015
I had a good experience at Capita Technologies, regardless of me only being in high school. It was a temp summer job doing data entry but management was always kind and respectful to me.
Great company to work for.
Lead Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UKApril 8, 2015
From starting as a call center agent dealing with student queries as well as enrolling them onto a government scheme which paid students going to school, i moved up within the company, to dealing with all the finances within a certain area an ensuring all monies were in on time to making sure that the money was in the students accounts by a certain day each week.
Project Manager at Capita Technologies
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New Port Beach, CaliforniaMarch 7, 2015
The job I currently hold a Capita Technologies is a blessing. Capita has a long distance approach that is reflected in the current product solutions they present to industry. I am quite fond of my coworkers who work just as hard if not harder than I. I am also quite fond of their intelligence and continued openness and flexibility to the ever changing and challenging climate, the Information Technology Industry tends to be.
No scope of growth and work satistfaction
Developer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 26, 2015
A very competitive company with great product and target market. Offers plenty opportunities to learn about all possible job profiles in IT company such as engineering, project/product management, strategy, sales, administrative work of HR too.
Top management has a vision but don't know how to translate it into plans or actions, micro manages your work all the time and gets impatient leading to poor decision making.
They lack of positive culture, processes,work ethics, training and expect you to outperform.
Pros
very few talented resources to learn
Cons
Culture, Day to day work collaboration, demotivated workforce
fun, clean and safe working environment
Finance Manager I (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, NHJanuary 19, 2015
terrific and highly innovative place to work. exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
fun working enviroment work place
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire UKJanuary 4, 2015
signing in a workstation at a appropriate time to start work on time and ready to take calls.
using the appropreiate powerpoints and using the troubleshooting available lucid programmes.
adhere to managment and team leaders at all times
work together as a team assist other team members
trying to meet customer needs of troubleshooting
giving customer's satisfaction at all times
Pros
benefits personal pensions
Cons
shortbreaks, health care
Avoid massively....Awful company to work for!
Case Handler (Former Employee) –  Capita at Lloyds Banking GroupDecember 18, 2014
Well, what can I say apart from the most unprofessional company I have worked for. I first went for a 3 hour assessment which provided tables full of food and drink but not for the interviewees, just the interviewers which was a bit disheartening on first impressions as they told us strictly, not to touch anything, just to get a glass of water if your mouth went dry. After passing the interview and landing a job as Case Handler at Lloyds Banking Group at Westbank in Leeds, the training was long and hot in a room with no windows (the air conditioning had broken and been like that for years). 12 weeks training consisted of a female trainer (from Capita) talking from slide shows on powerpoint at such a pace that you couldn't divulge the information, she swore, was not professional and totally unhelpful in the way that when you asked a question to recap, her reply was "I've already been through that, you should know it" this was simply because I didn't understand first time round. She also spoke for hours and hours, with no breaks and expected everything written down so she could view it at the end of each day. The team leader then came to introduce himself which was rude, abrupt and expected his new team to walk onto the office floor as PPI Case Handlers and not mess up, he also advised "you will know everything and if you start asking questions, you haven't been listening". He was also dating one of the girls who worked there who interviewed me originally and lied to him saying I had not declared holidays at interview (which I had) to see my family for christmas. So for the  more... second time meeting him, called me a liar, that he didn't like me and expected me in over the festive period and if I didn't show up, it would lead to me being disciplined and maybe dismissed as I hadn't earned the days holiday.

The staff are a very close knit team and talk behind the NEWBIES (as they call you) backs, thinking of any tiny way to punish you....

Thats just a small proportion of my experience, and why I left after 3 weeks, slave labour for the money and very uncomfortable!

If you work for Capita, you will stay in the same job role for years with no progression, thrown in a monkey pit with the rest of the employees who hate working there.

As already mentioned.....avoid like the plague!!!
Capita India Ltd
Team Manager Operations for Phoenix account (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Capita is one of the UK's BPO. A typical day consists of people and SLA management. Forwarding planning and resource planning. Preparing for contegencies.
Absolutely disgusting company
None (Former Employee) –  ScotlandAugust 14, 2014
The company I worked for was bought by capita - I was assured there would be a job for me blah blah blah - I returned from a week's annual leave and had received an email saying there would not be a position for me (everything had been done behind my back while I was off). I was treated with no respect whatsoever and, even though I thought the company I worked for would back me, I received no help in sorting out this absolute mess. They have left me unemployed with no redundancy AT ALL, not even a month's pay and a month 'termination payment' which I was promised. This company falsely states it cares for it's employees - believe me it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rating this company is a ZERO
Avoid like the plague
Revenues Assistant (Current Employee) –  CarlisleOctober 6, 2013
Been in my job for nine months and I am leaving to go back to the company I used to work for.

There are very little benefits in the company. Career progression is a joke, where you can be in the place for a decade and still not be able to climb up the ladder. Security, fair enough there seems to be a lot of security but that's because the work is inane and boring, and there's no way to glam it up. The management is also a joke, they have the inability to speak to people like humans and have incredibly poor man-management skills. Even some of the management can't even be bothered being there, and don't make the effort to make the job fun or interesting.

The hours are decent, I'll give them that and it almost never intrudes in my home life, hence the high rating.
Pros
They bought us pizza once
Cons
Where to begin.....just don't work for them
An excellent place of work. Working with some of the best people in the country
Online Trainer (Former Employee) –  Online TrainerApril 3, 2013
An excellent place of work. Working with some of the best people in the country
Interpreting for patients
Translator/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Oldham, SDFebruary 23, 2013
Main task is interpreting for general and mental health patients. Also, interpreting for local government services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capita plc. Our community is ready to answer.