Capita

Capita Employer Reviews

fun, clean and safe working environment
Finance Manager I (Former Employee), Nottingham, NHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
terrific and highly innovative place to work. exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.
Avoid massively....Awful company to work for!
Case Handler (Former Employee), Capita at Lloyds Banking GroupDecember 18, 2014
Well, what can I say apart from the most unprofessional company I have worked for. I first went for a 3 hour assessment which provided tables full of food and drink but not for the interviewees, just the interviewers which was a bit disheartening on first impressions as they told us strictly, not to touch anything, just to get a glass of water if your mouth went dry. After passing the interview and landing a job as Case Handler at Lloyds Banking Group at Westbank in Leeds, the training was long and hot in a room with no windows (the air conditioning had broken and been like that for years). 12 weeks training consisted of a female trainer (from Capita) talking from slide shows on powerpoint at such a pace that you couldn't divulge the information, she swore, was not professional and totally unhelpful in the way that when you asked a question to recap, her reply was "I've already been through that, you should know it" this was simply because I didn't understand first time round. She also spoke for hours and hours, with no breaks and expected everything written down so she could view it at the end of each day. The team leader then came to introduce himself which was rude, abrupt and expected his new team to walk onto the office floor as PPI Case Handlers and not mess up, he also advised "you will know everything and if you start asking questions, you haven't been listening". He was also dating one of the girls who worked there who interviewed me originally and lied to him saying I had not declared holidays at interview (which I had) to see my family for christmas. So for the second – more... time meeting him, called me a liar, that he didn't like me and expected me in over the festive period and if I didn't show up, it would lead to me being disciplined and maybe dismissed as I hadn't earned the days holiday.

The staff are a very close knit team and talk behind the NEWBIES (as they call you) backs, thinking of any tiny way to punish you....

Thats just a small proportion of my experience, and why I left after 3 weeks, slave labour for the money and very uncomfortable!

If you work for Capita, you will stay in the same job role for years with no progression, thrown in a monkey pit with the rest of the employees who hate working there.

As already mentioned.....avoid like the plague!!! – less
Absolutely disgusting company
None (Former Employee), ScotlandAugust 14, 2014
The company I worked for was bought by capita - I was assured there would be a job for me blah blah blah - I returned from a week's annual leave and had received an email saying there would not be a position for me (everything had been done behind my back while I was off). I was treated with no respect whatsoever and, even though I thought the company I worked for would back me, I received no help in sorting out this absolute mess. They have left me unemployed with no redundancy AT ALL, not even a month's pay and a month 'termination payment' which I was promised. This company falsely states it cares for it's employees - believe me it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rating this company is a ZERO
Avoid like the plague
Revenues Assistant (Current Employee), CarlisleOctober 6, 2013
Pros: they bought us pizza once
Cons: where to begin.....just don't work for them
Been in my job for nine months and I am leaving to go back to the company I used to work for.

There are very little benefits in the company. Career progression is a joke, where you can be in the place for a decade and still not be able to climb up the ladder. Security, fair enough there seems to be a lot of security but that's because the work is inane and boring, and there's no way to glam it up. The management is also a joke, they have the inability to speak to people like humans and have incredibly poor man-management skills. Even some of the management can't even be bothered being there, and don't make the effort to make the job fun or interesting.

The hours are decent, I'll give them that and it almost never intrudes in my home life, hence the high rating.
Interpreting for patients
Translator/Interpreter (Current Employee), Oldham, SDFebruary 23, 2013
Main task is interpreting for general and mental health patients. Also, interpreting for local government services.