Capital Bank Employee Reviews

Productive enjoyable work enviroment
SBA Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I was always happy about heading to work, it was fast paced and everyone I worked with were great, always willing to teach what you didn't know. I enjoyed working at Capital Bank. I can honestly say it was one of my best jobs!
Pros
Lots of perks, friday lunches and snacks in he break room!
Cons
My commute.
Slow
Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCDecember 24, 2017
A slow place to work with no advancement available. They do not advance because of age not time working there. No a progressive company at all. Worry about little things instead of the customers.
Poor Management
Part-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNDecember 20, 2017
I loved my bank job, but with loosing two employees while working there, and only being three tellers there, i was by myself most of the year I was there.
Pros
Good Hours, No Major Holidays
Cons
No Advancement
Close to home
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2017
The job was really close to home. I liked working in a bank. Clean and easy job for a young person. Perfect for someone who is just getting out of high school or finishing school.
ok
System Operator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 3, 2017
ok place to work they could pay more to the employees instead of sitting on it. they could give Christmas bonuses to the employees to show appreciation
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Management doesn't share the profits with other employees
It is very stressful working at capital bank because they handle their activities like a savings and loans.
Business Ambassador (Current Employee) –  KimasiOctober 28, 2017
Capital bank as a young growing bank has a lot to learn from but it main focus by then was to increase its liabilities to meet the BOG requirements that has made the work more stressful.
workplace culture
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 18, 2017
Each co-worker has gone through a vast spectrum of objections and services to overcome. Each has experience to give to another. My experience was always met with help or advice from others. Expectation was that I retain and share as well.
Pros
Great compassion and knowledge
Cons
bathroom breaks
Easy Going
LOAN DOCUMENT SPECIALIST-COMMERCIAL (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 18, 2017
The work atmosphere would be hard to beat with any company. The management is concern about work/life balance. There is lack of advancement, no training is provided for any type of career moves.
Great Working Atmosphere
Mortgage Originator (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 3, 2017
Excellent working environment with a dedicated management team. As a bank employee, the benefits package is very reasonable. The bank mortgage department generates mortgage leads to support the mortgage loan origination team.
Pros
Conveniently located in Business Office Park with ample free parking.
Cons
Mortgage Commission Scale is comparatively Low.
Good local commercial bank with excellent service
Vice President, (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 27, 2017
This is a good local commercial bank focused in excellent customer service. Friendly environment and good management. Good team building culture and friendly staff.
Buy out was awful
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNSeptember 21, 2017
When Capital bought GreenBank things went south. No local people to talk to and things were left undone. Had to wait on approvals. Wanted to close certain peoples accounts due to a risk they had.
Pros
customers
Cons
new owners bought GreenBank
Merger on the horizon
Float Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Coming from Corporate Banking, this was not what I had anticipated. Very unorganized, lack of direction, zero accountability, little to no coaching/training.
Great Company To Work For
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I have enjoyed working here very much. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement, and learning. Managment team is great and are willing to take the time to coach you, to ensure your success.
Great Place To Work If You Want To Be In Banking
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJAugust 29, 2017
Great company with wonderful employees. Everyone is incredibly helpful, to both employees and customers. .

Management is very friendly. You never feel like "don't speak, unless spoken to." Great people.

The hardest part of the job is making sure everything is neat and organized, as well as being on your feet all day.

The most enjoyable part was getting to know the familiar faces.
Rewarding opportunity
Loan accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 16, 2017
The Bank was well run, profitable and staffed with competent loan officers and supporting staff. The position was challenging but equally rewarding as a primary contact to the client. Definitely felt like I was a significant part of the process.

the most difficult part was the amount of work, often working on the weekends but this was not a burden rather an example of a successfully functioning bank.
Pros
great leadership and opportunity
Cons
none, this was a well run operation
Poor managment
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2017
The best part of working at Capital Bank was the customers, worse part was management. If you were not the bosses favorite forget it they would find a way for you to quit.
Cons
no lunches, very short staffed
Good Solid Place to work.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2017
After struggling to merge different cultures into one, the bank is doing well and has just formed a merger with another bank. Good benefits, solid heirarchy and ability to speak to next level manager with confidence.
Pros
good benefits and work expectations
Cons
still struggling to put all parts together, no real incentive plan
Loved working in the banking field.
former TIB Bank- Position Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJuly 29, 2017
Banking was a very rewarding career for me. I made many good friends and helped the public with their financial needs at the time of their need . Multitasking all the time to get things done. Dealing with the public the best part of the job. Sometimes did not agree with some of managements decisions but I followed and made them work.
Good as compared to other retail banks.
Assistant Vice President/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 22, 2017
Good place to work relative to other retail banking jobs I have held. Currently going through a merger with First Horizon/First Tennessee, so job security is zero.
Great people an benefits
Operations (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 12, 2017
Small organization but excellent culture. Lots of benefits and all management easy to interact with. Lots of paperwork to complete tasks however customer documentation scanned so access to items made easy.
Benefits
Cons
Not clearly defined job functions/ titles