Capital Bank Employee Reviews

Traditional Bank that lacks identity
Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 9, 2017
I love working here from the standpoint that I learned a lot at this company. My manager provided flexibility and the people that I work with are phenomenal. The Company lacks a core mission.
Pros
Great teammates, job flexibility
Cons
Doesn't invest in client outings or sales enough
Production
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  N Ft Myers, FLFebruary 16, 2017
was not a good fit. As a manager you are required to produce so much new money (7 million) per year in a branch the has a dying location. Then you have other managers taking from you. There were mistakes that happened on customers accounts often with no explanation and when they look at you and say WHY and you have nothing to say but it was a glitch in the system.
very informative - learned a lot about commercial lending
Relationship Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Workplace was great. I learned a lot from this employer. I had always worked in real estate from the attorney's office. Working for commercial lenders processing loans taught me the lender side of the transaction.
Great Job with many oppotunites for advancement
Teller/Head Teller/Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TN 37743December 19, 2016
You do have to do outbound calls. Its for customer service and satisfaction. I did not enjoy bothering people at home but ultimately you have to make sure they have the best experience and all needs are met. Its a great place to work. They do care about you and your family.
Pros
hour lunch & closed holidays
Cons
Telephone Assessments
Awful
Personal Banker/Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 18, 2016
I would advise anyone to stay away from this place. There is too much pressure to cold call and reach unrealistic goals and it is too stressful to put up with the low pay
Pros
Cons
Low pay, stress
productivity
Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2016
This company was banking and retail, very busy on Mondays, and Fridays, customer was the best because I gave my all to the customers, they appreciated everything.
productive fun and exciting
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 8, 2016
Always something new to learn about. Had awesome little perks this job!! The whole cosmetic floor was like a giant happy family. Had fun V.I.P formals where we all got to get together and dress up!
Pros
Free perfume
You don't want to work here!!
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  NCNovember 6, 2016
Capital Bank is the reason people hate banks. The area schedule manager would make last-minute changes to the schedule and change their mind at the last minute about giving days off that were agreed upon months ago. Often managers would not adhere to important policies for the sake of convenience and they expect you to go against the rules too. Very high turnover because this company does not care about employees or customers. Very short staffed and sometimes runs an entire branch with only 2 employees, which means you cannot leave the office (leaving the other employee alone) and you cannot take a lunch. You don't have to work Saturdays at some Capital Bank offices, but they make you work extremely long hours Mon-Fri. There is no work life balance. Maternity leave is a joke. Do not have a baby while working here. They refuse to promote within. You do not want to work here!!
Pros
No Saturday hours at certain locations
Cons
No work life balance.
No Advancement Company
Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Tavernier, FLNovember 4, 2016
Employees are miserable and Management are not motivating and don't care about their employees.

There is no advancement without a fight, Employees are stuck and to scared to move forward.
Great place to begin your work experience
LOAN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at a small bank, everyone is accessible, management is great. You have the opportunity to learn in different fields of the bank.
Great for advancement
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 2, 2016
I worked for Southern Community Bank and Trust from 5-2008 until Capital Bank took over in 2012. I really loved the customer base and when I became a Teller Coordinator, I really liked doing the audits and making sure everything was properly done. You can advance in the banking world pretty quick depending on your drive to succeed. Benefits are great, including: Dental, Medical, Vision, and vacation time. Hours allow evenings and weekends free. Depending on where you go, management can be nice and helpful.
Pros
Hours of operation and advancement
Cons
Getting errands ran while on lunch
Crapital Bank (AKA Banco De Americita)
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2016
Crapital Bank is a pit that eats you alive. Upper management and LO are incompetent. The bank has a high turnover because as soon as a better job-which is anything else than this place-was available, people quit.
Pros
I found a new job
Cons
That this bank is allowed to do business
Fast pace environment in a small branch.
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 25, 2016
Our day varied due to different kinds of clients needs, therefore our daily tasks were a challenge for us. What made everything go smooth was the communication among my coworkers to accomplish our daily duties and not to mention our sense of humor throughout the day.
Pros
Not a high volume of walk in customers.
Cons
Very limited staff at our locations.
This place sucks
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNOctober 17, 2016
Little training very stressful this bank needs to step in to the 21st century.
If one teller is out the other one will not get lunch they are all worried about growing the bank and not about retaining customers.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Staying
awful place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 11, 2016
Terrible place to work I worked there a few yrs ago and they were not friendly at all and very rude and snooty would not recommend to anyone period
We were a team that helped each other out whenever needed and possible
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 25, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with our Clients. I am a people person and I love to help in any way that I can to satisfy a client's needs.

The hardest part was probably the referrals- not that I didn't succeed in this area.., it seemed we were all in competition with each other and I guess we were.
Pros
At that time we baked cookies for our clients and served Keurig Coffee
Cons
Amazing People and a growing bank
Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 19, 2016
The bank is expanding its branch foot print and that is not without some growing pains. The associated are caring and great bankers who value the client and enjoy coming to work. It is a sales culture which is challaging but leaves lots of room for professional growth and development. Benefits are great and the work enjoyable as long as your a team player and hard worker.
Pros
Benefits, pay, staff, culture
Cons
Technology, call night, challage in taking pto when short staffed.
Great
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 1, 2016
Great I love working here. The MGT is great and I have to say the customers are all wonderful. the rating would not let me put 5 stars so I give theme 5 stars.
Work life like an abusive relationship
Market / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 11, 2016
Nothing you do is good enough. If the director of the bank decides that he doesn't like you; you're done. No coaching. No succession planning.
Unrealistic goals
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Surgoinsville, TNJune 30, 2016
Great team hard workers
Problem is the company only cares about sales. The goals are unrealistic, if you can't meet them be prepare to constantly answer for it. Leadership will state they have been in your shoes all the time but none of them can give you the tools to complete the job. As they are being pushed you can tell, they believe if they stress you out enough you will meet your goals. They have never fired someone for not meeting their goal but they have ALOT of turn over. Think about if you want a long term job before you apply.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation time
Cons
Always being on the edge and pushed to commit more sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9