Capital Bank Employee Reviews

productive but not stable
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 2, 2016
Worked with great people the management is good and the coworkers are good the hardest part of the job is probably always counting money.
Pros
felt comfortable working there
Cons
not stable
New, growing company
Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I learned a lot about the banking business from various aspects. I got to work with a lot of different people that brought unique experiences and opinions to the table. Unfortunately, because this is a small organization, room for advancement is limited.
Pros
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Circus of management and higher up, micromanage everyone
Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 15, 2016
Managers are jokes, they hire these so called "personal bankers" off the street or give an internal employee a 10% raise, yes that's right 10%, and all they do is the b i t c h work for the managers, call this person, print this off, fill out my report i don't have time, do this do that with no compensation or advancement training.. Horrible bank with horrible customer service.. All they are worried about are their own goals no matter who they have to stab in the back or what fees they will cost the customer
Pros
good schedule
Cons
micromanagement at its worst
Flat organization with excellent opportunity for visibility
VP, Business Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 11, 2016
This bank has a flat organizational structure, which provided opportunity for exposure to Senior Management. Day-to-day work is rewarding in nature.
Pros
Good exposure to Senior Management & opportunity to make a real difference in the business
Cons
Because the business is flat, opportunities to advance are limited
Excellent leadership and teammates
VP, Sr. Indirect Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 3, 2016
strong positive work environment , very pro active company
What I enjoyed the most about working for Capital Bank is the support and praise for doing a great job, the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the clients
temp
FILE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 13, 2015
A typical day was good it was a temporary job so there where college kids and people that need work. We would file through loans and credit information for the bank because they where going through a audit. The management was a little strict because they was trying to get the work done. But once the main project was over and some people fell off they found a little more for us to day. I really like the atmosphere
The system does not let me pick more than one star
COMMERCIAL ELECTRONIC BANKING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLDecember 10, 2015
My review is 4 stars. but the system does not allow me to pick more than one.
Big company learned a lot, enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Short distance from home.
Cons
Not well structured
Plenty of work to keep you busy and fairly decent benefits, but an absolute struggle to get needed resources.
database developer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2015
Loved the work and volume, kept me busy all the time. Benefits and pay (for me) was good. The down side was trying to get resources, it was an absolute struggle....caused in-fighting and hard feelings. Seems to be a major disconnect between senior management and management.
Pros
Lots of work, benefits, work life balance.
Cons
Struggle to get resources, in-fighting.
Great bank
Financial Reporting Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 18, 2015
Best place to work. Loved it. Learned a lot and had a great staff. Too bad bank was sold. Supported management and great team.
Sales Driven and great opportunities to succeed in leadership and management
Vice President/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 17, 2015
A great opportunity to grow in leadership and management. Upper management is great o work along side of and give you the tools and training needed to be successful.
Pros
Management, Training
Cons
Cannot come in before hours or leave after hours by self.

Want to know more about Capital Bank?

Ask a question
Slower pace environment
Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 30, 2015
This bank is a slower pace environment and very understaffed. This is a good place to work for someone who prefers a slow pace environment with a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Good Company with good ethics
Cons
Too slow pace
Not the best company to affiliate with.
Personal banker (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 18, 2015
Unfortunately, my experience with the management has been horrific. They are so out of touch with employees. They want us cold calling customers after business hours with no incentive to drive sales. They want us to blanket products to customers that truly do not need anything but a basic checking account. They should listen to the little people.
Pros
Lunch hour
Cons
Pay, management
teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 20, 2015
I took care of customers at a drive through and on the inside. I have been in banking for over 20 years and I love the interaction with the customers and the base you build with them. It is a satisfying job to help them with their finances. The hardest part of the job is the force selling the bank environment makes the tellers do. We know the customers the most and we know what they have as accts and we talk to them all the time about their needs. The bank says they don't want us to put customers in accts they do not need but really they do because we have to have so many referrals every day.. if we know a customer has all they need there is nothing to sell to them. but that is not acceptable to the banking management. I do not like force selling to anyone. I have seen people leave banks because selling is ramed down their throats every single time they come into the bank. It takes away for customer service. the best part of the job is the customers. I would do cash handling transactions, deposits, withdrawals, money orders/cashier checks. I would settle my drawer, the ATM, and the Vault. I would take care of the cleaning of the teller line and office if needed. I helped the head teller with all the large deposits and night deposits we would get in. I did go out to customers places of business to try and sell them on Capital Bank.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Sales
Poor employer
Branch (Current Employee) –  NCSeptember 16, 2015
Very under staffed for production and safety. Very strong sales culture and no incentive. Employes and customers- just a number. Poor loan products. Poor training. Management has no clue daily process in branch. A lot of repeating reports and over whelming pointless conference calls
Pros
PTO/holidays
Cons
Everything else
Friendly environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 12, 2015
Friendly and fast pace environment. Mangers were easy to talk to and helpful. The customers seemed to love where they banked and enjoyed the workers
Pros
Fast pace but not stressful
Cons
Holidays are limited and working Saturdays
Good company
Personal Banker/ Sales and Operations (Former Employee) –  Pinecrest, FLJune 30, 2015
Very different from any other bank but a great place to work.
You will need to be good a making calls and getting loans.

This company like some others, is growing so they really need loans and investments.
The management is good.
As a banker you will be doing several other things like operations duties. That can really take you away from your sales position but it really gives you the chance to learn more and be more marketable.
Pros
Hours are great
Cons
A lot of cold calls
Don't work here
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 26, 2015
This is an understatement. Avoid any sort of association if at all possible. As an employee you are berated with talk of sales, or lack thereof, all day, every day. And are given no incentive for these sales. The concern lies with the number of new products you can talk customers into opening instead of actually helping the customers. Both customer and employee retention are low due to their treatment. More times than I can count during my tenure, I was refused a break of any sort. And management is confused and angered when, at the end of weeks like this, you dare to have overtime.
If you don't take care of your customers and your employees, you will have nothing. The fact that you brand yourselves as a "Southeastern community bank" is an absolute riot. You don't understand what the word "community" even means.
Pros
My coworkers, banking hours
Cons
No sales incentives, questionable business practices, extremely high turn over rate
Great co-workers and customers.
Teller \ Back up Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJune 19, 2015
Doing basic teller transactions. Balancing ATM daily and replenishing cash when necessary. Scanning work. Helping customers understand their banking transactions and which products are best for them. Taking Head Teller responsibilities when they are not present.
Pros
Paid holidays and 17 paid vacation days.
Cons
No advancement.
Upper mgmt clueless
(Part-time) Branch Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  TNJune 10, 2015
banking has been more of a sales culture for many years, but this bank is so far off track, it's incredulous. Managers are always on phone conferences and meetings, making customer service poor at best. Customers are trained to wait for the privilege of being served, and operating policy and procedures are not optimized for efficiency. Very frustrating environment.
Pros
customers were great
Cons
low pay, sales goals based on numbers of accounts rather than percent growth of all deposits.
understaffed
Pb (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 28, 2015
Always understaffed and computer system have issue quite often.
Management have clues what they are doing. Training is not efficient enough. You pretty much train yourself.