CAPITAL BLUE CROSS

CAPITAL BLUE CROSS Employer Reviews

Wonderful experience - many levels of expanding education and experience.
Provider Relations Consultant (Former Employee), Allentown, Pa.March 3, 2014
My 19 years with this company were ones of challenge as well as overall top level experience. My co-workers were the best and we all learned valuable lessons of work place values. I loved being out on the road interacting with so many deversified doctor's offices and hospital personnel. The hardest part of the job was paperwork.
Ever Changing
Service Coordinator II (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PA 17110October 13, 2013
Pros: had a wonderful mentor and training; excellent tuition reimbursement program.
Cons: senior management, consultants, poor sales tools, poor in-house training programs, too many layoffs - causing employees to work of 3-4 people; loss of pension, benefit changes, demotions, and no room for growth or advancement, unless you're one of "the chosen."
Worked at Capital for over 16 years, and for the most part enjoyed my job, the tuition reimbursement policy and the opportunity for growth. Then came along the outside Consultants with their ever changing, but non-functional systems and their morale lowering hatchet man mentality for employees who had been there for many years.

Change is a good thing – more... when it is innovative and it really improves your day to day operations, tools, processes, etc. But when change is only benefiting the pockets of Senior Management, "The Chosen, Special People," and the outside Consultants (a few of whom somehow became high level Employees overnight) - morale flew out the window with non-functional and unwarranted department reorganizations, unbelievable demotions/firings/forced early retirements without meaning, way too many layoffs, pay cuts, loss of incentives, benefits and pensions. – less
Good hours, pleasant atmosphere, good moral
Case Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: reasonable breaks and lunches, manageable workload
Worked part-time. Great management, at all levels, who always took time to get feedback from workers when issues would effect them directly.
Great training department with extensive program to get new workers up and running.
Good teamwork and co-workers were friendly, helpful and always available.
Good interdisciplinary teamwork.
good company
Claims Examiner in Facets Operations (Former Employee), Lemoyne, PAJune 25, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: n/a
processed claims all day. company moved across river which is why I left.
Great People, Good atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 22, 2013
Pros: great people, great managers, amazing benefits
Cons: working with insurance
I enjoy my work with Capital Blue Cross, management gives the employees the autonomy to help customers utilizing our own individual skill sets, there is no pressure to conform to a culture of statistics or numbers. The emphasis is on making the customer feel good about their experience with Capital
This was temporarily position for open enrollment.
Sr. Group Account Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 4, 2013
A typical day was screening, processing enrollment applications for open enrollment. Management was great to work for as well as the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was remembering the different types of enrollment periods available.
prefer not to answer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 29, 2013
I would like not to participate in this. I just want to post a resume.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: flexibility
I enjoyed the time I was employed with Capital Blue Cross. A typical day at work consisted of helping and assisting members. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fact that it was never a dull moment. The hardest part of my job was the fact I was not doing what I went to school for. I enjoyed assisting people over the phone, but what I prefer to – more... do is work in a doctors office helping people out the most. – less
Nice place to work
Facets Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Lemoyne, PaAugust 20, 2012
Pros: hours, no nights or weekends
Cons: hard to advance. no job security
Review and process claims.
Management should know how to do their employees jobs.
Capital Blue Cross
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: beautiful building, great co workers, cafeteria with a chef (open all day)
Cons: commuting to work
Great work enviroment, supervisors were easily accessible and curtious. The training program very well done. Shifts werethroughout the day for workers and their .schedules. It was just a great work place
Everything changes
Adjustment Examiner (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 30, 2012
I loved my job when I first started there in 1989, it was a great place to work for many years. the last few years there were lots of changes and things were not so good anymore. They took a lot of our benefits away from us. They made it more like factory work as production was all they seemed to be concerned about.
Very flexible
Concurrent Review Nurse (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 28, 2012
I had found my management to be very flexible but co-workers were not the easiest to work with and in fact did things to set you up to fail which they did not succeed.
Good benefits.

Nursey – September 18, 2012

I agree totally with this comment. I worked as a concurrent review nurse and it was very flexible but co-workers did try to set you up to fail. They didn't succeed here either!

About CAPITAL BLUE CROSS

If you dwell in the Lehigh Valley, Capital BlueCross could be your direct link to health care coverage. A licensee of the¬†Blue – Read more