CAPITAL BLUE CROSS Employee Reviews

Loved working for this company
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Lemoyne, PAJuly 27, 2015
I was in training for a few weeks to learn the claim process i would be doing. Managers and co-workers are polite but very busy.The job was easy for me to do and catch onto so I wouldn't say there was a hardest part of the job and I always enjoyed.
fun workplace
CSR & team lead/sup (Former Employee), harrisburg, paJune 30, 2015
the overall workplace and people in the workplace was enjoyable and fun. the management wasn't very reliable. I learned how to take phone calls in a more professional manner and how to run and operate as a member of the management team. I also learned more about insurance and its rules and procedures.
Great Culture
Customer Service Assistant Trainer (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Great people, great work balance
Cons: Pay is not that great, nepotism
Capital Blue Cross is a great place to work. I enjoyed working with management and my co-workers on a daily basis. I also enjoyed interacting with customers. Very pleasant place to be.
Customer service position good training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: laid off
I was a customer service representative for the above company, I believe the training was very good and there were very good people i worked with. Would answer phone calls from providers and customers.
very rewarding for me
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2015
I so enjoyed this job with capital blue cross , I learned so much with this company and enjoyed the opportunity to work there was very sad when I had to leave the company
very informative place to work
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 14, 2015
A fast paced job with daily changes. it wa informative and exciting at the same time. management kept us very informed and up to date. There were daily meetings and my coworkers were a joy to work with.
Fast pace work environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoyed training co-workers and helping subscribers obtain their needs in insurance.
Former Supervisor
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 27, 2014
Pros: nice people, laid back environment
Cons: laid back environment, no initiative, hostile work conditions
Still have no idea of why I was hired. Was given a folder to start with with some meaningless emails and welcome to the chaos. Fear mongering environment, consistent change within management, I was only there six months and they fired about 20sups/managers and 100 or so temps/regular employees. No structure, No directive - the tackiest unprofessional director ever and basically an "inclusive" behind the times company and work structure. I have to chuckle everytime I see a live fearless commercial - can you say smoke and mirrors :). The claims employees deserve better - on so many levels.
Capital Blue Cross
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 5, 2014
Capital Blue Cross was a great place to work. I learned a lot about the medical industry, and customer service. The best part of my job was helping people better understand their medical insurance. The worst part was not being able to help someone who needed it.
Capital Blue Cross
Certified Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: job
Cons: no benefits.
I love working for this company but the benefits are not there as of yet. really like my job here and just need the benefits to come thru
Great
Medicare Inside Sales, Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 30, 2014
Same as previous employer's comments'; well balanced environment, well paced, growing company, and opportunities to grow
Process special claims by the use of customer service.
Special Process Claims Examiner II (Former Employee), Harrisburg PASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: this was a smaller area.
Cons: this speciality area was fazing out.
The claims were processed according to the specialty groups. If there were any indication of error the group had to be notified.
Excellent company to work for, in transition with operational status
Disease Manager II (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 21, 2014
Open atmosphere to communicate with management. Secondary company formed as subsidiery of CBC during my tenure. The transitional period was unorganized and goals were inconsistent from week to week
Capital Blue Cross is very top heavy.
Accreditation Coordinator (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 13, 2014
A typical day at work: I am very busy reviewing documents for upcoming NCQA review.
Since coming to Capital Blue Cross, I have learned all about accreditation, both NCQA and URAC.
Management within Capital is very poor, at least within the Quality Department. There is a lack of respect and courtesy from management and morale is very poor.
I love my coworkers. I love working with very bright and knowledge staff, who is willing to help you learn.
The hardest part of the job is trying to figure our what your daily goals and responsibilities are, as they change daily.
I love working in the Accreditation department and learning new things every day.
Wonderful experience - many levels of expanding education and experience.
Provider Relations Consultant (Former Employee), Allentown, Pa.March 3, 2014
My 19 years with this company were ones of challenge as well as overall top level experience. My co-workers were the best and we all learned valuable lessons of work place values. I loved being out on the road interacting with so many deversified doctor's offices and hospital personnel. The hardest part of the job was paperwork.
Ever Changing
Service Coordinator II (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PA 17110October 13, 2013
Pros: had a wonderful mentor and training; excellent tuition reimbursement program.
Cons: senior management, consultants, poor sales tools, poor in-house training programs, too many layoffs - causing employees to work of 3-4 people; loss of pension, benefit changes, demotions, and no room for growth or advancement, unless you're one of "the chosen."
Worked at Capital for over 16 years, and for the most part enjoyed my job, the tuition reimbursement policy and the opportunity for growth. Then came along the outside Consultants with their ever changing, but non-functional systems and their morale lowering hatchet man mentality for employees who had been there for many years.

Change is a good thing when it is innovative and it really improves your day to day operations, tools, processes, etc. But when change is only benefiting the pockets of Senior Management, "The Chosen, Special People," and the outside Consultants (a few of whom somehow became high level Employees overnight) - morale flew out the window with non-functional and unwarranted department reorganizations, unbelievable demotions/firings/forced early retirements without meaning, way too many layoffs, pay cuts, loss of incentives, benefits and pensions.
Good hours, pleasant atmosphere, good moral
Case Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: reasonable breaks and lunches, manageable workload
Worked part-time. Great management, at all levels, who always took time to get feedback from workers when issues would effect them directly.
Great training department with extensive program to get new workers up and running.
Good teamwork and co-workers were friendly, helpful and always available.
Good interdisciplinary teamwork.
good company
Claims Examiner in Facets Operations (Former Employee), Lemoyne, PAJune 25, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: n/a
processed claims all day. company moved across river which is why I left.
Great People, Good atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 22, 2013
Pros: great people, great managers, amazing benefits
Cons: working with insurance
I enjoy my work with Capital Blue Cross, management gives the employees the autonomy to help customers utilizing our own individual skill sets, there is no pressure to conform to a culture of statistics or numbers. The emphasis is on making the customer feel good about their experience with Capital
This was temporarily position for open enrollment.
Sr. Group Account Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 4, 2013
A typical day was screening, processing enrollment applications for open enrollment. Management was great to work for as well as the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was remembering the different types of enrollment periods available.