CAPITAL BLUE CROSS Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my job and the position I held
Cash Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 2, 2017
Responsible for making sure all Invoices and or money received was processed daily

Reconciling the previous days processing and deposits

Reviewing Staff stats and providing them statistics on job performance

Reviewing budget - staying on task

Completing analysis for Upper Management to break down money received, ex - ACH, Wires, Electronic payments, basic mail.

Hardest part of my job was having to discuss job performance with staff, if they were not meeting quota.

Enjoyable part of my job was encouraging staff, providing skills to help them succeed, and seeing the progress in their work.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
My job (department) was eliminated as CBC outsourced with local bank
Great Place to Work
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 28, 2017
Great place to work. Good work-life balance with opportunities for advancement. The hardest part of the job is some people's unwillingness to embrace the changing culture of healthcare.
N/a
Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 26, 2017
Temporary position through an agency. Call center environment. Small group. Friendly environment. Consistent call flow. Customer service driven. Call center hours
Nice place to work, but no loyalty to staff
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 5, 2017
No loyalty to staff. Just want to make numbers by staff reduction. At this rate, not sure who is going to actually do the work. Must be a better way to handle things.
Restructuring of Resources
Customer Service / Call Center Management (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 13, 2017
Very pleased that Capital took care of me and family for over 28 years, and now have given me the opportunity to share my experience and tools with another company.
productive fast pace
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 9, 2017
productive fast pace and sometimes stressful, a typical day at work on the phone read updates answer calls .complete research and follow up , the most enjoyable part of the job the people I worked with
Demanding Career
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 7, 2017
If you are not emotional stable than this would not be the perfect job for you. This role requires someone who is compassionate, empathetic, patient, and capable of major multitasking. The role is rewarding and satisfying to those who have a talent dealing with irate customers possibly in the beginning but turning them around to a satisfied happy customer at the end. I truly enjoyed working here.
A great learning experience
Its host examiner (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 27, 2017
Very relaxed work enviroment. Taught me about type of claims, providers and subscribers. I have processed local and out of area claims for subscribers and providers.
Pros
Great enviroment
I loved it!
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 22, 2017
I had a summer internship as a Data Analyst. I really loved every aspect. The people were wonderful. The work was interesting and challenging. The culture was accepting and inclusive.
Pros
People were smart, kind, and interesting.
Cons
Coffee in the cafeteria was undrinkable.
Federal Emloyee Program
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 10, 2017
I answer phone calls, make phone calls, send faxes, received faxes all pertaining to enrollment, bennefits, claims, etc. Explain a way a claim processed and paid. Explain what bennefits are covered or not covered.
Organizational Changes
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 6, 2017
This is a good organization with strong Senior Leadership. The company has been impacted by the current political climate, the way in which health care is provided, and emerging technology. While change is unavoidable and is often required for long term success, the employees are often impacted by the resulting reorganization of the workforce, including layoffs.
Fun place to work at
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 11, 2017
Learned a lot about insurance
They do have opportunity for advancement
They offer a family like environment
Management was caring and worked with you
You also get to speak with alot of people and learn alot from them
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Excellent opportunity potential
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  2500 Elmerton Avenue, Hbg, PAJuly 6, 2017
Capital Blue Cross is a very diversified company. I loved working there and made many friends and networking with other departments and other companies was easily accomplished and rewarding. My career there was wonderful for many years and the opportunities presented to me were tremendous, but, unfortunately things are ever changing and the stability of the company concerns me currently. Many of my co workers for many years have recently been let go because of these economic times.

The hardest part of the job was also the most rewarding. As supervisor of the Interplan Teleprocessing Unit for 10 years, bringing my very high profile company from 13th placement to 8th place nationally was hard work indeed, but was also my and my team's greatest accomplishments.
Pros
I thoroughly enjoyed working with my team and my coworkers throughout my career
Cons
Sometimes the workload didn'y allow for breaks or lunch breaks, but we had a job to do and we did whatever it took to get the job done within specific timeframes.
Customer Service
Customer Service / Group Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 5, 2017
Great job! The training program was awesome and the leadership was great. I learned alot about the insurance industry as I have used this information throughout the rest of my life.
Pros
Great knowledge background
Cons
call center very stressful
Great Place to Work
Talent Management (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 23, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Supportive of employees. Provide excellent training and development. Managers care about employees. Very involved in the community.
Unreliable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 15, 2017
The only way you can really start a job there is as a temp. Some temps had been working for CBC for 2 years when I started and still were not receiving any benefits. I was there for one year when I left because there was no job security as they fired several of their permanent employees in the past 4 months.
Very little opportunity for advancement
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 14, 2017
Bullying by management is not only accepted, it's the culture. HR is pro-management. Advancement based on who you know or are related to as opposed to skill set.

CBC should have been put out of its misery years ago by Highmark.
OPL COB Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 13, 2017
A typical day at work included processing claims and answering calls. I learned the in and outs of insurance.
Management was fair. I enjoyed working from home.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
Strict production requirements
good company overall
Sr. Appeals and Grievances Resolution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 3, 2017
Great benefits & perks, a lot of opportunities for further training and education, a great amount of paid time off, good coworkers, a lot of stability compared to many companies today. A little top heavy management wise and some management issues in certain areas. Also, a very socially concious and community involved organization.
Pros
benefits, lots of PTO, perks, good people
Cons
unresponsive mgmt in certain areas of the company, requisite issues that occur when working in an office environment
A nice place to work if you are young and aggressive.
Developer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed working on the project I came there to help with.
Was very challenging but was focusing on the end result; that of helping their customers to maintain their health.
Pros
Good pay, good equipment to work with.
Cons
Project management could have been better.