Capital Caring Employee Reviews

Job
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 17, 2017
I think this is not necessary! I just want to look for a good paying position that I can grow and learn. Also utilize my 30 years of experience and education.
Long hours, uncompensated for on call, questionable activities
Nurse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 29, 2017
Love, Love the patients and the actual work and most of the staff. Management needs a redo. Often asked to do questionable things. Poor compensation. Long work hours
Pros
Patients served- the actual work
Great working enviroment
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 7, 2017
Productive and fun working place. Good working culture. Gives you assistance to manage your day.

Team working environment, every one is welling to assist in making your day a productive one.
Depsite staffing challenges we come together as team to deliver excellent care to our pt/family.
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2017
I love nursing and this company afford me to do what i love best helping other during a vulnerable time in their life. Management is supportive at time,
Pros
Teamwork enviroment
Cons
Not enough staff .
Felt Abandoned
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 15, 2017
Manager didn't seem to want to be a manager. He stayed in his office all day working on speadsheets rather than working with/training/getting the most out of employees. CFO was inconsistent in his decision making.
Needed more work life balance
RN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22042August 19, 2017
I enjoyed hospice, but after 8 years in hospice I needed a change. The best part of the job was that it can be so rewarding because you are helping people at a time in their lives when they really need it. I took care of patients in their homes.
Pros
Enjoyed the freedom of working in the field.
Cons
Hospice can consume your life with the charting and demands of the job.
Very Professional work place
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 5, 2017
Working for this company, you will be happy with how day to day operations are ran, staff is a pleasure to work with non stressful overall great place to call home.
If you love helping people, it is a good place to start your career
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 11, 2017
If you love helping people, it is a good place to start your career. It is a wonderful feeling you will receive helping those in need of hospice services. The one major Con would be advancement if you are not a nurse
Office Assistant for Hospice Organization
Office Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22042May 15, 2017
Capital Caring was a wonderful agency that served patients with terminal illness. The medical teams were wonderful and very caring toward families and patients. The chaplains and grief counselors were excellent too.

They were instrumental in my own career goals as a pastor. I hope to be a hospice chaplain some day.
Pros
Very compassionate patient/family friendly, great to the staff too.
Cons
The stress level of high volume call center
rewarding and stressful and educational
LPN Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work on the inpatient unit includes ongoing assessing of patients to assure that they are the most comfortable they can be as acute or chronic symptoms of their life limiting illness occur, medication passes (sometimes giving PRNs Q30min for symptom management), PCA pump management, rounding with physician, wound care, spending time educating the family so they are empowered to manage their loved ones care at home and working as a team with our CNAs and other nurses to give exceptional care.
I've learned a lot for end of life care and comfort and symptom control.
Management with this company has exceeded my expectations.
This company's hiring process is very thorough and although there are several types of personalities and people with different backgrounds, everyone gets along well and is happy to help in your time of need.
The hardest part of the job is seeing death frequently and tensions within the family and pressure from the family to "do more" instead of letting death occur naturally (ex. starting IV hydration, gastric tubes and tube feeding).
The most enjoyable part of the job, on the flip side, is educating the families about the dying process, what is normal, and the harmful effects of IV fluids and tube feedings and seeing the transition into death peaceful and pain free.
Innovative and progressive Hospice Care Organization
Unknow (Current Employee) –  DMVApril 22, 2017
Innovative and progressive Hospice Care Organization. Opportunities for growth and decent work life balance.

Core business hours 8-5 pm and 24-7/365 day support.
One of My Best Jobs EVER!
Full-time Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJanuary 6, 2017
A great place to work; difficult AND rewarding work; teamwork is essential to success; learned much from patients, families, and staff
Pros
Meeting people at a difficult time in their lives
Cons
heavy workload
house keeping
house kepper (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed cleaning for others , I loved the job overall I learned a lot from the job and I want to move forward with my career and find a lot to do with a job.
Love It
Front Desk Receptionist (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 26, 2016
My experience here has been a loving and caring work place. I like all my co workers and it was never any disagreements.They show compassion and work with your schedule. The higher management made you feel welcome and didnt treat you like just a replaceable body which is hard to find in a work place.
Pros
Future growth
Cons
The pay but still worth the experience
This is one of the best companies that I have ever work at.
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 3, 2016
Capital Caring is a great company, that truly cares about its employees. My typical day, consists of seeing 4-5 patients and their families to provide emotional, spiritual and pastoral care and support. Our office is split into 2 teams with specific assigned areas and patients. However the both completely support one another. The most difficult part of the job, is when a patients transitions. The most enjoyable part of the job, is bringing some joy, peace, comfort and sometimes laughter to a patient and or family which allows them to forget just for a little while their terminal illness
Pros
The team that I work with on a daily basis
Cons
the death of the patients.
Wonderful Team Work
Chaplain/Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2016
Great group of folks to work with. Wonderful mission and community bereavement program. Upper management sometimes has an iron fist and not always respectful.
Wonderful staff and grateful clients
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 22, 2016
Met some lovely people who work well with hospice patients and families. Families and patients seemed very appreciative of all of the support and services received from the organization.
Pros
Autonomy and being part of such a caring and valuable part of the Medicate benefit in health care.
Cons
CEO constantly changing organizational structure and bonus system, marketers and volunteer coordinators threatened with job loss if quotas not met, too much free labor expected from volunteers.
Not the best place
N/A (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAMarch 1, 2016
They have a lot of work to do. The work load is heavy, not enough people to efficiently keep things moving. Lots of turnover which leads to the lack of work life balance for those still working there.
Productive, Well-oiled Machine
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Typical day was productive. What I learned was how to be a better listener. Management was busy.Co-workers were helpful.
Hardest part of the job was not being a paid employee. I really it enjoyed it there.The most enjoyable part of the job was it was gaining experience in my field.
Pros
I was able to gain experience for my future career in the medical field.
Cons
It was an internship.
Amazing working environment, Dedicated and compassionate caregivers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrifield VirginiaFebruary 24, 2015
Capital Caring is an amazing organization that fosters innovation and compassionate care.

Leaders at Capital Caring provide their teams with daily insight, coaching, and guidance. This helps employees reach their full potential while providing the best possible care to patients and their families.

It is refreshing to work in an environment that thrives on doing what matters most for their patients and families.

This is not only a great place to work, but truly the epicenter for improved care in the Northern Virginia, DC and PG County Maryland area.
Pros
Wonderful caregivers, Inspiring leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Caring. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2