Capital Caring Employee Reviews in United States

This is one of the best companies that I have ever work at.
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 3, 2016
Capital Caring is a great company, that truly cares about its employees. My typical day, consists of seeing 4-5 patients and their families to provide emotional, spiritual and pastoral care and support. Our office is split into 2 teams with specific assigned areas and patients. However the both completely support one another. The most difficult part of the job, is when a patients transitions. The most enjoyable part of the job, is bringing some joy, peace, comfort and sometimes laughter to a patient and or family which allows them to forget just for a little while their terminal illness
Pros
The team that I work with on a daily basis
Cons
the death of the patients.
Productive, Well-oiled Machine
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Typical day was productive. What I learned was how to be a better listener. Management was busy.Co-workers were helpful.
Hardest part of the job was not being a paid employee. I really it enjoyed it there.The most enjoyable part of the job was it was gaining experience in my field.
Pros
I was able to gain experience for my future career in the medical field.
Cons
It was an internship.
Wonderful staff and grateful clients
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 22, 2016
Met some lovely people who work well with hospice patients and families. Families and patients seemed very appreciative of all of the support and services received from the organization.
Pros
Autonomy and being part of such a caring and valuable part of the Medicate benefit in health care.
Cons
CEO constantly changing organizational structure and bonus system, marketers and volunteer coordinators threatened with job loss if quotas not met, too much free labor expected from volunteers.
Not the best place
N/A (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAMarch 1, 2016
They have a lot of work to do. The work load is heavy, not enough people to efficiently keep things moving. Lots of turnover which leads to the lack of work life balance for those still working there.
Wonderful Team Work
Chaplain/Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2016
Great group of folks to work with. Wonderful mission and community bereavement program. Upper management sometimes has an iron fist and not always respectful.
Great Cause, Great People and Great Job
Acting Manager, Special Events (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 14, 2013
Working for a non-profit healthcare organization is rewarding on so many levels. Working in the Development Department is particularly rewarding as well offering some very educational challenges. As the Acting Special Events Manager, I get to plan events to raise money for Capital Caring and help to further the mission to "simply improve care." My co-workers are all very dedicated and knowledgeable in their positions. We have new leadership in our department and that has been a challenge, as you might imagine, but I think the department will be better for it in the long run.

Being a health care organization, I find that the CEO and Communications and Marketing department seem to be focused solely on the clinical side of the organization. At all-staff meetings, we "administrative" folks are often left out of the discussions and that is a little disheartening.
Pros
flexible work schedule, excellent benefits, competitive pay
Cons
new leadership, majority of the staff is clinical and so administrative departments are all but ignored.
A wonderful place to work
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Capital Caring is an inspiring and motivating place to work. To serve a mission powerful in its simplicity: to simply improve care is profoundly rewarding.

I work with a group of dedicated, compassionate, selfless professionals where quality of care is the business strategy. Capital Caring is a place where the employees are truly shareholders--and success for the organization means success for the employees.

I am challenged and invigorated each day by the work I do. If you are looking for meaningful, fulfilling work--where you are respected, can take leadership, and make a difference, Capital Caring is the place for you.
Pros
inspiring, non-profit, difference-making, culture of trust, flexibility, compassionate, dedicated leadership
Amazing - Compassionate and Caring Workplace
Director (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Capital Caring is one of the nation’s leading nonprofits for hospice care, palliative care, and grief/bereavement counseling. By living our mission to simply improve care, WE, as a team, help our patients and families live each day to the fullest, making the most of every moment. If you want to truly make a difference in the lives of patients and families, Capital Caring is the place to be. We achieve this through living our strong core values each day: complete customer satisfaction, culture of trust, leadership to grow and the fact that we are all learners and teachers in what we do best.

I work with a team of truly caring professionals with unwavering passion for the work they do. I could not imagine working for any other company.
Pros
incredible vision, working to fulfill our mission to simply improve care for those needing it the most, dedicated energetic and creative leadership, innovation at its best, dedicated and caring work force, experience and excellence, proactive leader in the healthcare community
Cons
n/a
Amazing working environment, Dedicated and compassionate caregivers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrifield VirginiaFebruary 24, 2015
Capital Caring is an amazing organization that fosters innovation and compassionate care.

Leaders at Capital Caring provide their teams with daily insight, coaching, and guidance. This helps employees reach their full potential while providing the best possible care to patients and their families.

It is refreshing to work in an environment that thrives on doing what matters most for their patients and families.

This is not only a great place to work, but truly the epicenter for improved care in the Northern Virginia, DC and PG County Maryland area.
Pros
wonderful caregivers, inspiring leadership
Work was rewarding but there was total lack of support from management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Loudoun CountyOctober 17, 2014
I would see anywhere from 4-8 patients daily who were at end of life. I learned how to manage symptoms with the most cost effective medications. Co-workers were great. Management was totally non-supportive. The hardest part of the job was losing a patient with terminal diagnosis that you had come to know very well. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in the life of families and patients going through a very tough situation.
Pros
very rewarding work
Cons
total lack of support from management
A good place for learning skills in the field
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 24, 2012
Capital Caring is a good place for learning skills in the field. You are able to quickly acquire autonomy and time management skills.
Overall Management skills allow for diversity and patience as you deal with staff and families from many different cultures.
My co-workers are fun and diverse.

The hardest part of my job is being challenged and seeking higher ground. The most enjoyable part are the patients and family members.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
high case loads
Work place with tuition assistance program as well as opportunity to grow
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAApril 20, 2013
The shift begins at 0700 with report from the previous nurse.Patient assessment is done and labs are checked for any abnormalities. Patient rounding are done with doctors.Most of the day is spent with making sure patient is well taken care of and pain is well managed.Most of the coworkers are very helpful towards each other, this makes what seems to be a very challenging job very enjoyable.
Pros
a very good field to get nursing expirence
Cons
management needs to be more supportive of the staff
Workplace was an enjoyable place to work.
Office Manager, HMIC (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VirginiaJuly 25, 2013
My working experience as a Manager allowed me to administratively support the clinical and medical personnel, patients, and family members on a daily basis through the various responsibilities as mentioned above from June 2000 to January 2013. I enjoyed working with all staff members, co-workers, patients, and their family members in providing excellent administrative, comfort, and healthcare.
Pros
patient care administration
This employer was excellent
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDNovember 24, 2014
I loved working with this company. The work was great and the overall company was excellent. The co-workers were great and helpful and just made you love your job. No one was discriminated against or felt different from others.
Compassionate and Caring Workplace
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 14, 2012
If you want to truly make a difference in the lives of patients and families, this is the place to be. We live our mission and values in our every day work through a variety of services. I would highly suggest Capital Caring as the number 1 place of employment for hospice care, palliative care, and grief/bereavement counseling!
Superb organization
Board-Certified Chaplain/Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2013
Excellent focus on patient care. Every discipline has the patients' best interests as their motivation.

4.3