Capital City Public Charter School

Capital City Public Charter School Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Middle School Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2017
People are very friendly, and education is paramount. I enjoyed my tenure there. They are very open, and they supported everything I did. You will grow working for this school.
Pros
free healthcare, resources, and technology
Cons
very very fast paced.
Workplace/ What I Learned
New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2017
Working at Capital City Public Charter School for the Summer Youth Employment program helped me gain better communication skills and customer service. A typical day at work would be coming into work earlier before studetns arrived, have their schedules ready, and assigned students assignemnts. I've had to manage paperwork and entering grades and being a leader. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with everyone during break, and activities that would take place outdoors.
Pros
Gaininh communication skills
Behavior Issues galore
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 29, 2017
Many behavior issues here because administration is far too lenient on the students which causes a ridiculous strain on teachers. The permissive nature of the environment allows for an incredibly high number of behavior incidents per day. But unlike other schools, admin are very kind to their staff.
Pros
great staff, half day wednesdays
Cons
severe behavior issues all year long
Not sure who is driving the bus.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2017
Leadership spends a lot of money of a variety of things, without direction or vision for where those efforts are taking students and staff. Staff are often told to do one thing, then on a whim those expectations are abandoned for new and unexplained expectations.
power to the people
Multi-level teacher & Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2017
we must learn to listen to our children also. they have a lot to say. We must teach them when and when not to say everything. God bless to all educators!
EL is fantastic
Middle School Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2017
I loved working for Cap City! They truly believe in their teachers to design curriculum and expeditions that will help students experience content, not just learn it. EL truly cares about students becoming successful in life, not just in the classroom.
They offer great support and leadership
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2016
Capital City has an open and diverse community and strive to maintain a supportive culture. Job security is fundamental and the leadership team is extremely supportive.
Pros
Leadership support
My First Classroom Experience Ever
Pre-kindergarten Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2015
I really enjoyed my first year working in a classroom. The pre-kindergarten students always made my day!! They were so very talented. I really enjoyed working with them on their field experience. I learned about phonetic spelling and how all children can do journal writing even at the age of four! I really enjoyed working with the staff and the administration was amazing.
Pros
Making an impression on the students.
Cons
Getting sick a lot.
Fun friendly and safe work environment
Pre-K Teacher's Assistant / After Care Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2015
I am very fun, friendly and outgoing. I love working with ages 0 to 5 years. I have 6 years of experience working with children. I am CPR / FIRST AID certified.
A fun place to work.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  DCFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoy communicating with people, especially, I can be a part of them to ensure that they receive the right quality translation .
Their teachers were really friendly.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 24, 2014
Dedicated group of employees.
work life balance is a challenge.
Pros
Dedicated employees. Great benefits