Capital E is a clean energy, green building and cleantech advisory firm that works with innovative companies, cities, banks and governments to accelerate the transition to a low carbon economy. Capital E is also a small early stage investor in low carbon and clean energy companies.
The Analyst/Senior Analyst supports the President of Capital E in various projects related to greening our built world. The ideal candidate must be able to conceptualize and facilitate initiatives during every stage of the project lifecycle – from conception to implementation. These projects typically involve coordination with multiple organizations and various industry-standard models/methods of analysis. The Capital E office is relaxed, collegiate, collaborative and green.
The position will begin with a continuation of the D.C. Smart Roof Project – an initiative aiming to quantify the full costs and benefits (including health) of competing roof retrofit technologies (PV, cool roof, green roof). The end result of this initiative will be a customizable toolkit that will allow decision makers to evaluate which roof application scenario could have the greatest impact on a city’s environmental quality, public health, and economic wellbeing.
- Performing research and modeling to support an evolving roster of projects
- Assisting in the presentation of findings and results to key stakeholders, advisors, media outlets, and the general public
- Supporting President on large range of policy, technology, environmental, and finance issues
- Managing the content and design of the Capital E website using a Wordpress Platform
- Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts
- Experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably LCA and/or spreadsheet modeling
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in issues related to energy, the environment, and clean technology
- Well-organized, numerate, appetite for learning
This position will be located in Washington, D.C.
Tentative Start Date: December 2013
Please send your resume, cover letter, list of professional references, and 2 project samples demonstrating your skills with writing, research, and quantitative analytics to resumes[at]cap-e.com.
For more information, visit www.cap-e.com.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Capital E is a clean energy, green building and cleantech advisory firm that works with innovative companies, cities, banks and governments...