Capital Group Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Temp job
Compliance/ Legal Administrative Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2015
Great opening but only temporary. Had there been a permanent slot I would have liked to continue on. Management is very organized, driven even. So this was a valuable learning opportunity.
Pros
learned about careful handling of sensitive data
Cons
temporary position
Productive and supportive work place
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
An awesome place to work with a culture of support. Everyone's open to helping you in any way they can, thereby creating a solid foundation for furthering your career.
Shareholder Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 22, 2015
The majority of my day is spent answering phone calls from investors and financial advisors. I process transactions and provide legal requirements for those transactions. I have learned the components of mutual funds as well as the functionality of IRA's and retail accounts and their impact on long-term financial security. The most challenging part of my job is learning the processes to do my job accurately and efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job is the work atmosphere and the fact that The Capital Group does value their employees.
Pros
a fantastic retirement plan
Cons
very little flexibility
Great
WebLogic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2015
Great place to work, no micro management , flexible for all.
No advancement opportunity for the consultants, as it is same every where.
Backward counterproductive management
Service Desk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2015
No accountability for anyone but contractors, who's primary purpose it seems, is to get dumped. An incredibly sloppy operation; it's amazing they can even actually run a business this way.

Endless bureaucracy is more important that actually helping people effectively, and the contractors "at the bottom" are the only ones who ever get blamed for anything, while their workload continues to increase and policies change every 10 minutes.
Great work environment!
Training Generalist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 1, 2015
Amazing culture that really cares about their employees. Work with great people and management has high integrity. Get to work and learn from a solid investment company. They had been slow to change, but have started being more welcome to the changing environments.
Life at American Funds
Senior Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 19, 2015
The culture at American Funds is collaborative. It is an excellent work environment and management practices an open door policy. The managers are people of integrity and are always knowledgeable and helpful. The co-workers follow the same example.

I have grown as a professional at American Funds and have benefited from their collaborative environment.

I enjoyed working each day at American Funds. My day would consist of handling advanced calls and providing regulatory support. This entailed verification of individuals as well as businesses. My work also consists of account death transfers and trust accounts.

What I enjoy the most is customer verification for new accounts. It minimizes potential risk for the company.

It has been my pleasure to work for American Funds / Capital Group Companies.
Pros
enviroment / benefits
Very conservative company
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Cons:

-very slow employment mobility
-managers tend to favor some associates over another
-lots of associates want complain about their positions which implies unhappiness
-managers only cares about their images and status rather than helping their team members

Pros:
-have some good benefits
-cafe on site
-more associates helping each other
well known company
Analyst, Portfolio & Risk Analysis (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2015
pace is very slow
a lot of inefficiency
most managers have been with the company for over 15 years, so there is only one way
systems are not up-to-date
many layers and walls

good pay
good work / life balance
many work from home a few days a week
relaxed environment
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
pace is very slow
Great Company- Great Benefits
Senior Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 23, 2015
About 60% of your day is speaking with financial advisors, broker assistants and shareholders. The other 40% is processing financial and non-financial requests received via mail or email. Great benefits and excellent co-workers.
unorganized
FUNDS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Norfolk VirginiaJanuary 26, 2015
When were trained for a new department. The trainer had no clue of what to train us on and how. Once training was completed we worked for 4 month and was laid off. Once we was laid off we was offered are orginial position for less pay. This was the worst job I have ever work. The only pro that we started with good pay.
Pros
pay
Cons
unorganized
Productive workplace
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 23, 2015
I have learned a lot of things since I have been with Capital Group. Very friendly environment, competitive pay, and helpful information.
Exceptional company to work for
Senior Data Center Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2014
Capital Group maintained a professional atmosphere. They also provided a continued learning initative for the employees. I thoroughly enjoyed my employment there. My co-workers were professional and kind.
A typical day of work evolved around maintaining the data center environment to provide continued availability of mission critical applications for the businness associates.
Great company with ideal job culture
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/ BSA Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Great leadership, overall good work experience. The only thing to be worried is the job security. This company has got some great talent. I would work again for Capital Group for a contract opportunity. Work culture was ideal.

It was a good management to work with.
Great company and great employees!
Fund Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 7, 2015
Loved working for Capital Group and American Funds. Company really treated employees well. A lot of inside promotion. They truly want to see their employees success from within!
Cut throat/Fast food approach
Financial processor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2014
Stay away from this company. There is no room for growth, or to be creative. Their idea of a perfect work environment is all about keeping you in your place. Humility is one of their company core standards, and it just feels like the really practice that by making you feel small, and dumb at times. If you really need the money do your research about the company, and if you are really desparate or brave give it a go.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no job security, and no opportunity for growth
Great People
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 11, 2015
I would come in every day, have a nice clean workstation, get along well with my supervisors and coworkers, and clock out in the early afternoon. No complaints.
Great Company
Investment Group Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2015
This company was a great company to have as a career with and not just a job. Most of the people were helpful and didn't mind training you on anything that you needed help with to get yourself up to speed so that you could excel with the company.
Good compensation but must be assimilated!
Trading Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 15, 2014
Great compensation, typical for a financial company with company bonus and personal bonus. Plus 15% of total compensation paid into retirement account.

Poor job security, you must 'drink the kool-aid', must say you buy-in to Capital being a great place with lots of growth. Most employees don't trust management after all the layoffs in 2008, 2009 so they do their work, keep their heads down, and don't speak up.

Very little racial diversity, but a fair amount of gender diversity.

Loved my management job when I started, hated it when I left because it had devolved into 90% SOX and auditing compliance issues.
Pros
bonuses, retirement, exercise allotment, charity giving 2x match
Cons
must comply, don't argue with management even when they waste $100 million+ (stars)!
productive , fun and interesting workplace
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
productive , fun and interesting work place.its feels great to be a part of dis Capital Group Companies.I would love to work in the future again

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Group Companies. Our community is ready to answer.