Capital Group Employee Reviews

good place to work
Facilities Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAAugust 18, 2017
Great people to work with. Just not a lot of job security, a lot of turnover. work was enjoyable most of the year, tough in the winter but enjoyed my time there, sorry to go.
Pros
great people
Cons
winter work outside
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harper Woods, MIAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work and advance , fast past , meet lot of different people and opportunities for growth ! Will recommend to others employees for a chance of employment
Excellent company
Infrastructure & Operations Network Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2017
Great work atmosphere and open office area. Beautiful campus. Great compensations, including bonuses. Very stable company. Plenty of interactions with other teams.
Senior Strategic Sourcing Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 14, 2017
Great place to work, nice people. The place has a collaborative environment, however any changes are so to implement. The cafeteria offers many options
Great company
Advisor Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 8, 2017
Capital Group is a great company to work for and definitely takes care of its employees with providing a good culture and better benefits. Long term focus is a core value, so they will take care of you and your family for the long term. The people are great and the culture is friendly and productive.
Pros
retirement plan, cafe on campus, paid time off
Cons
slow advancement
Experience with Product support teams
Java Developer Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2017
Was with a team that provided support for over 7 application in the company

Java was the main technology used to support teams. Although we did use C# for legacy based applications
Like working in a cult
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2017
Very cultish environment. People literally speak a specific language there and you must speak their language to fit in. Company is basically made up of a bunch of pushovers that are too scared to have a backbone. Serious fear mentality and people are nice to your face. No work life balance, everyone gets paid very low salaries and then have to work significant amounts on overtime. No one knows what they are doing and you will spend a lot of time making power point presentations that no one cares about. Everyone goes by initials not your name- very weird.
Pros
some nice people, good benefits
Cons
HR is terrible, fear mongering and phoniness
Administrative Assistant
Investment Group Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2017
Not the best place I've worked as an Administrative Assistant but also not the worst. Each department is different. If you respect and get along with your managers you will not have a problem working here. If you have issues with management good luck!
great job
Check investor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed working at capital group. It is a great job wonderful enviroment. Managers are very professional and respectful . The every day task i had to complete help me to learn new things . I would work there again
Productive and great leaning opportunity with relaxing environment as well
Senior Tableau Developer/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILJuly 19, 2017
Great learning experience
direct interaction with the higher level management was vey comfortable and helpful
workplace culture was flexible
learned a lot about new technologies
Open minded, educated, respectful colleagues
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2017
I have contracted there multiple times.
I have never faced Contractor vs Full time discrimination which is reported on glass-door.
I like that all associates and contractors go through background check so work environment is controlled and maintained.
Company provide a good opportunity for their associates to career growth, change/learn new technology which results in a broad minded team who lead to positive work environment
Pay is handsome, of course you have to demonstrate the abilities
Good Place to work at
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 17, 2017
The company is a good one to work for. The benefits are great and the insurance is top notch. The training is in depth but not everything is explained which makes it a little harder to be ready once you are on the phones.
Pros
Pay, vacation, health insurance, working to be all inclusive business
Cons
Training could be better, more help to agents when they are having issues with something
Absolutely wonderful place to work
Web Producer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 27, 2017
I was very fortunate that I was under a wonderful manager and senior manager. The team I was a part of was very welcoming but yet all are very hard workers.
I wish I could have made this company my permanent employer, but unfortunately I came to work here as a contractor, and they only offer a maximum of 18 months employment as a contractor.
This company does offer absolutely wonderful benefits and the campus itself is a perk as they boast a very large campus with a wonderful cafeteria.
Pros
Beautiful campus, great work-life balance
Cons
Very competitive and hard to get in
Good Place to Work
Senior Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2017
Capital Group has a great training system. The company offers great pay and benefits. There is decent opportunity for advancement. The company offers 15% of your annual salary into a retirement program.
Outstanding
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2017
I love everything about this opportunity except the management team. I learned much, and felt empowered in finances. The perks were also outstanding. I wish I was utilized for my skills more.
Pros
Salaray/Benefits
Professional work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 8, 2017
Very serious workplace culture everybody's very pleasant very professional . They feel team developers important and you can grow and move within the company . The company is very supportive of several different charities and off and encourages their associates to contribute volunteer
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Not enough holidays off
Great company with a great mission and track record
Vice President - IT Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
* lots of opportunities to contribute, grow and develop
* interesting work
* great people at all levels
* strong mutual fund family
* excellent retirement plan
* highly competitive salaries
Need to pay more.
Meeting Planner Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2017
Capital Group was a nice place to work on a temporary basis. They need to pay more. They need to be more open to advancement. Management was ok. Thank you.
In an environment where great ideas are allowed to flourish, our associates are bound by a common purpose and a shared set of values.
.NET Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2017
As a private firm with an independent charter, we are focused on doing what’s right for investors over the long term. In offices throughout Asia, Australia, Europe and North America, 7,500 associates make the needs of our investors their top priority every day.
Great challenge
Project/Resource Manager (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2017
The ability to work free with out being micro managed. Completing your task on a daily basis is a key point. The culture is laid back and you have all the tools needed to complete your job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2