Capital Group Employee Reviews

Call Center
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2017
The standard day consists of logging into your computer and immediately taking phone calls. Followed by 6-8 hours of the same thing. You might get asked to attend a meeting a few times a week.
Capital Group is great
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 27, 2017
Really like working at Capital Group and would recommend for everyone. They pay is comparable and then benefits are outstanding. The company is very large but most departments have a small business feel.
Good pay and benefits, low career advancement opportunities
Investment Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2017
Good pay and good benefits

Management is terrible. encouragement of brown nosing, sucking up and selling out your coworkers for advancement.

Career advancement very limited and not based off your work, skills or contributions.
Great company to work for
Client Services Rep./Training Support (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2017
Capital Group is a great company to work for. It puts other call centers to shame when it comes to building a great culture that stimulates growth, vulnerability, and inclusiveness,
Capital Group
Dot Net Developer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2017
Capital Group is an American financial services company, it ranks among the world’s oldest and largest investment management organizations, with $1.39 trillion in assets under management. . Capital offers a range of products, including more than 40 mutual funds through its subsidiary, American Funds, as well as separately managed accounts (or collective investment trusts), private equity, investment services for high net worth investors in the U.S., and a range of other offerings for institutional clients and individual investors globally.
Was great until DOL ruling
Senior Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2017
Trying to keep it short. The DOL ruling has changed things dramatically. Less accounts held direct with us has less work for us. It is starting to be more like a traditional call center. Many employees are leaving, including managers. A lot of associates are scared they are going to shut down Irvine client services. Pretty sure they stopped hiring in Irvine for client services rep positions, but other sites across the country are still hiring. The worst part of it all is they clock watch you instead of treating you like an adult. If you are still on a phone call when your supposed to be paper processing they count it against you. It was a place where I could see myself retire from but times are changing. Benefits are currently the only thing keeping me here. Annual review pay increases are small.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance
Cons
Clock watched, base pay, low job security
Good Company
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2017
Great Corporate culture with good pay and great benefits. Learned about the mutual fund industry and what great customer service looks like. Good training program for managers and leaders.
Working at the Capital Group
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2017
Provide support to my team members, monitor calls, write performance reviews. Facilitate manager meetings and answer questions about customer complaints.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
N/a
Great Benefits But...
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 3, 2017
Great benefits but on the Service side the company is changing drastically in a direction that may not be the best. Turning into a call center mentality and losing its apeal
A great place to work!
Vendor Operations Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 27, 2017
I worked at Capital Group for a long time. It is a great company to work for. The associate benefits are second to none. They offer associates the ability to volunteer at non profits and their charitable matching program is phenomenal!

Your work experience truly depends on the organization you work for. I was very fortunate to work for awesome managers and senior managers.
Pros
Associate Benefits
Cons
People take a long time to make a decision
Capital Group
Senior Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 25, 2017
I didn't know how good I had it until I left Capital Group. When I was there they really took care of their associates. I miss the two bonuses a year that's for sure.
Fun place to work and there will always be more to learn.
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 18, 2017
Overall, I enjoy working here. This has been the best job that I have ever had. The bonuses are great and the total compensation package make it worth the stress.

Always ask questions, come to work on time, voice your opinion and negotiate your pay!
Pros
Pto, Bonuses, Total Compensation
Poor management
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 17, 2017
The management staff treat the temporary employees like small children. Too micromanaged! Also, there is a lot of bias for who they want to hire permanently.
Pros
Decent pay/hours
Cons
Mircomanagement
Portfolio Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
Great working environment; very collegial and supportive. Good benefits (company annually deposits an amount equal to 15% of your salary into a retirement account, at no charge to you). Good training ground for other positions. I was laid off in 2009.
Pros
Supportive colleagues, beautiful offices, good benefits
Cons
Bureaucracy, lots of layers of management
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Very fair company - I've enjoyed working there the past 10 years. I'm looking to make a career change. There are many perks working with Capital Group.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No worries
Nice environment to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 5, 2017
Overall its good place to work and the work place environment is really superb .all the stuff are really very nice.Learned lot of new things from the organisation.
Working at Capital Group
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Capital Group is a wonderful organization with world-class employees. My Manager always sees me as a person first and employee second. The best part of the job is working with friendly and talented people.
Worked here as a student
MBA Consulting Project, Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2017
Great place to work as it seems, and management was very nice and intelligent. I would get a full time job here if I could. Culture seems great as well.
Sr. Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 26, 2017
Good work culture and good place to work.
Good team environment.
Good compensation benefits and paid time off.
Very nice work environment and campus..
good place to work
Facilities Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAAugust 18, 2017
Great people to work with. Just not a lot of job security, a lot of turnover. work was enjoyable most of the year, tough in the winter but enjoyed my time there, sorry to go.
Pros
great people
Cons
winter work outside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Group. Our community is ready to answer.