Capital Health Plan

Capital Health Plan Employer Reviews

Great company to work for
Encounter Risk Specialist (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexible time off, amazing benefits
Not much to say really - great benefits, a fun and relaxing work environment, and great directors for the departments. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Great Company
Lead X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 24, 2014
A typical day at work consist of managing the day to day departmental work flow. I have learned to be direct and always make sure my staff are aware of company expectations. I consider my co-workers to be essential to the team because a great team makes the job more enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I provided quality care to the members and I am part of a team that cares.
Terrible to place to Work in Claims Dep
Claims (Former Employee), TallahasseeApril 16, 2014
Pros: hours can start and leave
Cons: management
Don't train properly and when management will let other employees tell them that they need to fire u. They will do it even though the person who trained you says u was doing good. Terrible place to work.
Health Promotions
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Health Promotion - GSJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: very fulfilling work, enjoyment of assisting people and helping patients.
Cons: unable to have ot, never felt like "part of the team", no pto, not paid for holidays
My daily duties included running the ADHD reports and entering new members into the database. Working on monthly and quarterly HEDIS reports. I assisted with the OB measure, ADHD measure, COPD measure and Diabetes measure. I helped with health fairs, scheduling appointments for patients, covering chronic care and cardiology. I answered the Health Information Line phone calls, Chronic Care, Cardiology, and Health promotion phone calls. I put pulse ox monitors on patients and gave spirometry tests. I worked well with the nurses and doctors and assisted with whatever was needed.
great company, great health benefits,
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: feels like your going to work with family and friends
Cons: they aren't nationwide
I learned working for this HMO in Florida great insurance information about Commercial and Medicare Plans. The knowledge that i gained with this company will last a lifetime.
Busy work environment with lots of challenges.
Assistant Receptionist Supervisor (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 18, 2013
Pros: health insurance and retirement
Cons: poor management
Busy work environment with lots of challenges.Great co-workers and lots of encouragement.
Good job with benefits
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 8, 2013
Pros: great staff, great benefits, professional work environment
Cons: not enough opportunities for advancement in my current position.
Typical day at work would consist of answering phones, meeting and greeting patients, processing paperwork, and performing minor tasks for doctors. They have great management staff & reliable co-workers. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with extreme personalities. Most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment (staff i.e. doctor's, nurses, co-workers, and management staff).
Productive place to work
Large Group Representative (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 19, 2013
Track new enrollment for large companies. Track eligibility of companies employees and their dependants. Issuse the health insurance cards and welcome packets. Answer and questions that either the employer or employee may have. Accept payment for policies.
One of the top HMO's in Florida
Ophthalmic Technician Supervisor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 26, 2012
Pros: the management team
Working at Capital Health Plan, I have advanced from a receptionist to a ophthalmic technician supervisor.
Decent place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FloridaMarch 11, 2012
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: off on weekends
It was an okay place to work, some of the staff was nice. The benefits were good, but the hourly wage was very low.