Capital Health Plan Employee Reviews

One of the greatest places to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 12, 2017
The people were easy to work with. Patients were slightly more difficult but overall a very pleasing place to be employed. Paid time off, all major holidays off, great benefits and chances to be promoted within or to another department.
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
N/A
Management is a disappointment!
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 30, 2016
Hours are typically 8-5 m-f.Company has a great reputation to the public, however terrible mgmt and terrible pay for the amount of work you are given. Small departments with overload of work. The great insurance benefits tend to keep people there longer than what most would ever care to stick it out for any other reason. Take your chances when looking into a job at CHP!!
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Locations
Cons
Management, Work Overload
A place that you can call your 2nd home. Great co-workers. Proud to work here.
Clinical Improvement Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 23, 2015
CHP is a "not for profit" HMO in Tallahassee. They care about the members and the employees. No one is treated like a number. I cannot recommend it enough!
Pros
Employees working full-time receive health insurance through CHP, at no cost.
great teamwork
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2015
This was a great place to work. The suite I was in demonstrated what team work is all about. The management was great and training was detailed and thorough. The benefits were great as well.
Pros
hours, benefits
Cons
low starting pay
Team Oriented
Medical Office Clerk & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 25, 2015
I worked in medical records and I worked as a medical receptionist.
I felt like I made a difference in patients lives even if it was a with a quick phone call. The phones were non-stop, and calls were to be limited to the shortest amount of time as possible. The hardest thing about it was feeling like you were rushing the patient off the phone who just wanted to talk about their cats or grandchildren.
Productive and positive environment
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 8, 2015
I worked at CHP for 6 years. I built many relationships with my co workers, Doctor's, and patents. Each day we had something to do so there was never any idle time. My co workers were some of the best people I have ever worked with. The benefits were amazing. Being that we worked for the insurance company we didn't pay a dime each month for coverage. It is such a great job that my sister was and still is employed there. The allowed her to take a year off with each of her two kids and she is still there. I sincerely miss working there.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, relationships, and all the medical information I gained
Cons
Having to turn someone away for being late to their appts per Doctor's orders
Great company to work for
Encounter Risk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 29, 2014
Not much to say really - great benefits, a fun and relaxing work environment, and great directors for the departments. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Flexible time off, amazing benefits
Great Company
Lead X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 24, 2014
A typical day at work consist of managing the day to day departmental work flow. I have learned to be direct and always make sure my staff are aware of company expectations. I consider my co-workers to be essential to the team because a great team makes the job more enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I provided quality care to the members and I am part of a team that cares.
Terrible to place to Work in Claims Dep
Claims (Former Employee) –  TallahasseeApril 16, 2014
Don't train properly and when management will let other employees tell them that they need to fire u. They will do it even though the person who trained you says u was doing good. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Hours can start and leave
Health Promotions
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Health Promotion - GSJanuary 16, 2014
My daily duties included running the ADHD reports and entering new members into the database. Working on monthly and quarterly HEDIS reports. I assisted with the OB measure, ADHD measure, COPD measure and Diabetes measure. I helped with health fairs, scheduling appointments for patients, covering chronic care and cardiology. I answered the Health Information Line phone calls, Chronic Care, Cardiology, and Health promotion phone calls. I put pulse ox monitors on patients and gave spirometry tests. I worked well with the nurses and doctors and assisted with whatever was needed.
Pros
very fulfilling work, enjoyment of assisting people and helping patients.
Cons
unable to have OT, never felt like "part of the team", no PTO, not paid for holidays
great company, great health benefits,
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 21, 2013
I learned working for this HMO in Florida great insurance information about Commercial and Medicare Plans. The knowledge that i gained with this company will last a lifetime.
Pros
feels like your going to work with family and friends
Cons
they aren't nationwide
Busy work environment with lots of challenges.
Assistant Receptionist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 18, 2013
Busy work environment with lots of challenges.Great co-workers and lots of encouragement.
Pros
Health insurance and retirement
Cons
poor management
Good job with benefits
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 8, 2013
Typical day at work would consist of answering phones, meeting and greeting patients, processing paperwork, and performing minor tasks for doctors. They have great management staff & reliable co-workers. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with extreme personalities. Most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment (staff i.e. doctor's, nurses, co-workers, and management staff).
Pros
Great staff, Great benefits, professional work environment
Cons
Not enough opportunities for advancement in my current position.
Productive place to work
Large Group Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 19, 2013
Track new enrollment for large companies. Track eligibility of companies employees and their dependants. Issuse the health insurance cards and welcome packets. Answer and questions that either the employer or employee may have. Accept payment for policies.
One of the top HMO's in Florida
Ophthalmic Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 26, 2012
Working at Capital Health Plan, I have advanced from a receptionist to a ophthalmic technician supervisor.
Pros
the management team
Decent place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaMarch 11, 2012
It was an okay place to work, some of the staff was nice. The benefits were good, but the hourly wage was very low.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
off on weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2