Capital Health Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible management, unsupportive with no defined leadership style
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Trentonl, NJFebruary 27, 2016
Absolutely one of the worst facilities I have worked at in over 15 years of nursing. There is no clinical ladder or organized way of advancement for staff nurses. The administration has been in place for way to long and support a culture of nursing from the 1960's. There is no defined leadership style, what may be written in the Magnet document is not adhered to in day to day practice. Morale is horrible and the nursing staff is there to collect a check. I would never take a family member to this institution!
Great place to work!
Director of Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 24, 2016
Capital Health was/is a great place to work! As the Director of Guest Relations, I was responsible for the design and implementation of the patient satisfaction and guest services division for a two hospital health system. Under my leadership, my department built a successful concierge service (At Your Request). The success of this program, ultimately lead our hospital to receive a national award for "Commitment to Excellence" for most improved Patient Satisfaction Scores at the Press Ganey National Client Conference held in Orlando, Florida in 2014.

After 27 years, I left to relocate to another state with my husband for his new Global VP role in the pharmaceutical industry. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The best part of the job was helping patients, their families and the staff have a pleasant experience in our facilities and building programs to support that effort.
Everything is fine except the nursing office staff
RN (Current Employee) –  RMCJanuary 25, 2016
I have worked in many hospitals over the past 26 years and I must say that the staff in the nursing office is among the rudest, most unfriendly bunch of miserable people that I have had the misfortune of having to interact with!! Supervisors and staffing secretaries think that they are better than floor nurses. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I would think that a business that deals with people should know how to talk to people!!
Pros
Floor nurses
Cons
Loved co-workers/ great teamwork and respect
Medical Technologist with dance experience (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 16, 2016
When I first started to work at CHS, in 1990, I had an excellent rapport with peers and management, which continued till the day I retired. The work and atmosphere, however, got progressively more and more stressful as the years progressed, due to layoffs and increased workload.
Pros
Very good health insurance
Cons
Short to no breaks in an 8 hour day, due to increased volume of work and less or inexperienced employees.
very productive
Environmental Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMay 4, 2016
Everyday is a busy day, I have learned how to treat customers or patients with respects. The managements are very good at what they do. Co-workers are very professionals always willing to help to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is things can change in a short notice.
Enjoy my job immensly
Respiratory Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 5, 2015
I am the Respiratory Coordinator for the Trauma Medical Unit. I have worked at RMC-Capital Health Systems for Twenty years. I start my day assigning the staff members their work assignments for the day. I take report for the TM-ICU and begin to evaluate the Ventilator Patients for possible weaning that day.
The hardest part of my job is the large acuity I handle in addition to being in charge of the staff.
My Co-workers are for the most part experienced and work well as a team. I get along well with the staff and the management which makes my job easier..
Pros
Enjoy my position and working in the Critical Care Setting.
Cons
No Overtime available, no salary increase in 3 years
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 14, 2016
Capital Health is a great place to work. There was a reason I stayed for 26 years, I had great coworkers, but management could be a pain some times, but overall it was a good experience.
fun place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 28, 2016
great place to work a lot to learn about people and behavior health you also get discount on lunch your always getting a raise
Nice
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJMay 3, 2016
Ok work enviornment. Very high demand, diverse community, many different cultures of workers and patients, long hours, overtime available
The staff is lovely
Neurophysiology Tech Specialist (Neurophysiology) (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 17, 2016
I love the staff here always willing to help you especially the icu north and south nurses. I work nights and I love it here.
Workplace did not provide stability financially. Offices opened and closed down three times in one year. Now I am in the search for stable work.
Verification (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLMay 1, 2015
A typical day of work consist of customer service calls, verification calls, and application submissions. I learned customer service skills by assessing client issues and learned processing skills by submitting applications. The management could have used a little work the workplace was a bit unorganized. My coworkers were pleasant people to work with and had a positive workplace for the most part. The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain clients the most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours and self managed atmosphere.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unorganized and unprofessional at times
Very productive and clean
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJNovember 10, 2015
I Have fun working there, very friendly people, and very social.
Keeps me busy through out the day which I enjoy. I love entertaining the patients and making them feel better.
Great experience and career opportunity
Medical Secretary ( Temp Agency) (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Although it is not easy to become employed at CHI management can make it difficult to excel in your career.
Pros
great company with lots of benefits ( name, discounts)
Cons
short breaks, long temp assignments, management
Positive
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJDecember 19, 2014
Overall positive environment;
Management weak on how to keep employees engaged and updated on hospital initiatives;
Enjoyed the available opportunities for professional growth for a young practitioner.
Pros
great stepping stone
Cons
outdated culture and technology
A great company to work at as a
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 14, 2015
The job is a very easy job it's just sometimes a lot of the employees in my department make the job not so enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is holding back your emotions for some of the patients, because I work in hospital sometimes seeing patients who are in pain or emotional about having to be in the hospital. Sometimes you just feel their pain and me personally on a day to day basis there is always a patient that you run across that touches your heart.
Pros
full benefits
Enjoy breaks in group exercise.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 6, 2015
Team work with co workers was a daily basic. The most enjoyable part of my job was help preparing lunches for executives meetings.
Pros
free lunches in training classes
Cons
shorty breaks
Filing the papers
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJFebruary 18, 2015
I have a snack break and lunch break at 12:00pm. I learned that I had to put the alphabetically in order from first names to last names. I used time management. I was independent and I asked questions. I work well with co-workers. The hardest thing on my job was to put the papers in envelopes and put them in alphabetically. I enjoy the most was being and talking with the co-workers.
Pros
free-snacks
Cons
short breaks
CHS Reveiw
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJSeptember 17, 2014
A day would start with polite verbal exchange with employees to gauge how they were feeling about their projects. I would reveiw and change project plans to keep the individual projects fowing as required. Organize status meeting with high level technical employees. Sit in on executive meeting to further understant expectations of management. Instilling in employee that they are capable of stretching their abilities. I love seeing employees succeed in prijects that they were unsure of.
Pros
in general the conection with coworkers.
Cons
the financial stability of the organization.
All in all in the begining a good place to work
Accounting-Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 8, 2014
Day starts 7am til 5pm Learned a lot regarding the hospital, function, equipment and day to day operations
In the beginning 1995 Management was good as time went by management took advantage of you For the most part co-worker were nice, pleasant, Hardest part of the job was knowing and listening to management lie right to your face. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people from all walks of life, being the celebrate mile stones or to comfort doing a loss or disappointment
Pros
health coverage
Cons
the lies
Productive and fun place to work at
Materials Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 10, 2014
This was a good job with a great environment and good benefits as well room for advancement
Pros
long lunch break