Capital Health Employee Reviews

N/a
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 14, 2016
There is no opportunity for advancement in my department. I feel their is not enough compensation for what my job entails.
fun place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 28, 2016
great place to work a lot to learn about people and behavior health you also get discount on lunch your always getting a raise
Great and Secure facility to work in and serve.
Health Access Rep (Current Employee) –  PennningtonAugust 13, 2016
I mean, other than being tired from all of the extra hours plus the Doubles (16 hr shift), it's a great place to work whether it be short or long term job/career.

I honestly, maybe because I haven't even been there a year yet, am actually proud to come into work; most days. I am most proud of my 2nd shift co-workers that I am most honored to work with in our Emergency Dept. on a daily basis

Now Management , especially in my Dept., is a hole different explanation/ story in of itself.
Pros
Great Learning Environment
loved working here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJNovember 17, 2016
they gave me opportunity to expand my career & gain a lot of experience being a new RN in the USA. if not relocated to other state I would still be there
Pros
good people
Cons
always busy
family like environment
Division Director (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJDecember 26, 2016
have a respected voice
supported by leadership
most co-workers are great
learned a great deal
able to mentor others
ability to grow and develop
given great opportunity grow
very rewarding
Health Access (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJFebruary 4, 2017
very fulfilling rewarding life saving
the work we preform saves lives regardless of the type of life.
simple love my job
Enjoy my job immensly
Respiratory Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 5, 2015
I am the Respiratory Coordinator for the Trauma Medical Unit. I have worked at RMC-Capital Health Systems for Twenty years. I start my day assigning the staff members their work assignments for the day. I take report for the TM-ICU and begin to evaluate the Ventilator Patients for possible weaning that day.
The hardest part of my job is the large acuity I handle in addition to being in charge of the staff.
My Co-workers are for the most part experienced and work well as a team. I get along well with the staff and the management which makes my job easier..
Pros
Enjoy my position and working in the Critical Care Setting.
Cons
No Overtime available, no salary increase in 3 years
Working at capital
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 29, 2016
my work at capital care is very easy i learned how to take phone calls and take messages and do paper work. my co-worker are very friendly. the hardest part about my job is staying up all night the most enjoyable part about my job is doing the paper work and answering calls
Loved co-workers/ great teamwork and respect
Medical Technologist with dance experience (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 16, 2016
When I first started to work at CHS, in 1990, I had an excellent rapport with peers and management, which continued till the day I retired. The work and atmosphere, however, got progressively more and more stressful as the years progressed, due to layoffs and increased workload.
Pros
Very good health insurance
Cons
Short to no breaks in an 8 hour day, due to increased volume of work and less or inexperienced employees.
Terrible management, unsupportive with no defined leadership style
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Trentonl, NJFebruary 27, 2016
Absolutely one of the worst facilities I have worked at in over 15 years of nursing. There is no clinical ladder or organized way of advancement for staff nurses. The administration has been in place for way to long and support a culture of nursing from the 1960's. There is no defined leadership style, what may be written in the Magnet document is not adhered to in day to day practice. Morale is horrible and the nursing staff is there to collect a check. I would never take a family member to this institution!

Want to know more about Capital Health?

Ask a question
Nice
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJMay 3, 2016
Ok work enviornment. Very high demand, diverse community, many different cultures of workers and patients, long hours, overtime available
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 14, 2016
Capital Health is a great place to work. There was a reason I stayed for 26 years, I had great coworkers, but management could be a pain some times, but overall it was a good experience.
Great place to work!
Director of Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 24, 2016
Capital Health was/is a great place to work! As the Director of Guest Relations, I was responsible for the design and implementation of the patient satisfaction and guest services division for a two hospital health system. Under my leadership, my department built a successful concierge service (At Your Request). The success of this program, ultimately lead our hospital to receive a national award for "Commitment to Excellence" for most improved Patient Satisfaction Scores at the Press Ganey National Client Conference held in Orlando, Florida in 2014.

After 27 years, I left to relocate to another state with my husband for his new Global VP role in the pharmaceutical industry. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The best part of the job was helping patients, their families and the staff have a pleasant experience in our facilities and building programs to support that effort.
A great company to work at as a
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 14, 2015
The job is a very easy job it's just sometimes a lot of the employees in my department make the job not so enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is holding back your emotions for some of the patients, because I work in hospital sometimes seeing patients who are in pain or emotional about having to be in the hospital. Sometimes you just feel their pain and me personally on a day to day basis there is always a patient that you run across that touches your heart.
Pros
full benefits
very productive
Environmental Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMay 4, 2016
Everyday is a busy day, I have learned how to treat customers or patients with respects. The managements are very good at what they do. Co-workers are very professionals always willing to help to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is things can change in a short notice.
Great experience and career opportunity
Medical Secretary ( Temp Agency) (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Although it is not easy to become employed at CHI management can make it difficult to excel in your career.
Pros
Great company with lots of benefits ( name, discounts)
Cons
short breaks, long temp assignments, management
Everything is fine except the nursing office staff
RN (Current Employee) –  RMCJanuary 25, 2016
I have worked in many hospitals over the past 26 years and I must say that the staff in the nursing office is among the rudest, most unfriendly bunch of miserable people that I have had the misfortune of having to interact with!! Supervisors and staffing secretaries think that they are better than floor nurses. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I would think that a business that deals with people should know how to talk to people!!
Pros
Floor nurses
Nice Company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 4, 2014
The office is not really busy. On a regular day, we may see maybe 3-4 patients. I enjoy working with the docors and my co-workers. We are all like a little family. The doctors are very pleasant and very easy to work with. I think the hardest part of the job is not being busy.
Benefits
Cons
PTO is used for national holidays
Productive and fun place to work at
Materials Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 10, 2014
This was a good job with a great environment and good benefits as well room for advancement
Pros
long lunch break
Teaching hospital,learned a lot.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJSeptember 15, 2012
It has been a while, but I liked the staff, management and physicians. It was a great place to work
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Health. Our community is ready to answer.