Capital Health Employee Reviews

Everything is fine except the nursing office staff
RN (Current Employee) –  RMCJanuary 25, 2016
I have worked in many hospitals over the past 26 years and I must say that the staff in the nursing office is among the rudest, most unfriendly bunch of miserable people that I have had the misfortune of having to interact with!! Supervisors and staffing secretaries think that they are better than floor nurses. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I would think that a business that deals with people should know how to talk to people!!
Pros
Floor nurses
The staff is lovely
Neurophysiology Tech Specialist (Neurophysiology) (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 17, 2016
I love the staff here always willing to help you especially the icu north and south nurses. I work nights and I love it here.
Very productive and clean
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJNovember 10, 2015
I Have fun working there, very friendly people, and very social.
Keeps me busy through out the day which I enjoy. I love entertaining the patients and making them feel better.
productive environment
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJune 15, 2015
Most of the Nurses I worked with were excellent. We worked well as a team. Our goal every day was to give our patients a memorable experience.
Enjoy breaks in group exercise.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 6, 2015
Team work with co workers was a daily basic. The most enjoyable part of my job was help preparing lunches for executives meetings.
Pros
free lunches in training classes
Cons
shorty breaks
Enjoy my job immensly
Respiratory Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 5, 2015
I am the Respiratory Coordinator for the Trauma Medical Unit. I have worked at RMC-Capital Health Systems for Twenty years. I start my day assigning the staff members their work assignments for the day. I take report for the TM-ICU and begin to evaluate the Ventilator Patients for possible weaning that day.
The hardest part of my job is the large acuity I handle in addition to being in charge of the staff.
My Co-workers are for the most part experienced and work well as a team. I get along well with the staff and the management which makes my job easier..
Pros
Enjoy my position and working in the Critical Care Setting.
Cons
No Overtime available, no salary increase in 3 years
Workplace did not provide stability financially. Offices opened and closed down three times in one year. Now I am in the search for stable work.
Verification (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLMay 1, 2015
A typical day of work consist of customer service calls, verification calls, and application submissions. I learned customer service skills by assessing client issues and learned processing skills by submitting applications. The management could have used a little work the workplace was a bit unorganized. My coworkers were pleasant people to work with and had a positive workplace for the most part. The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain clients the most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours and self managed atmosphere.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unorganized and unprofessional at times
A great company to work at as a
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 14, 2015
The job is a very easy job it's just sometimes a lot of the employees in my department make the job not so enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is holding back your emotions for some of the patients, because I work in hospital sometimes seeing patients who are in pain or emotional about having to be in the hospital. Sometimes you just feel their pain and me personally on a day to day basis there is always a patient that you run across that touches your heart.
Pros
full benefits
Maybe I should have stayed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Capital Health, I have nothing bad to say about it. It is an excellent company to work for who truly care about their employees. But, my first love in school was psychiatric nursing, and at the time, the draw of TPH was too much for me to resist.
Pros
excellent company who truly cares for their employees
Filing the papers
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJFebruary 18, 2015
I have a snack break and lunch break at 12:00pm. I learned that I had to put the alphabetically in order from first names to last names. I used time management. I was independent and I asked questions. I work well with co-workers. The hardest thing on my job was to put the papers in envelopes and put them in alphabetically. I enjoy the most was being and talking with the co-workers.
Pros
free-snacks
Cons
short breaks
unorganized
ER Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 28, 2015
assess patient condition administered prescribed medication, transport observe under emergency care
Positive
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJDecember 19, 2014
Overall positive environment;
Management weak on how to keep employees engaged and updated on hospital initiatives;
Enjoyed the available opportunities for professional growth for a young practitioner.
Pros
great stepping stone
Cons
outdated culture and technology
Capital Health is a wonderful place to work.
Director of physician services (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJDecember 4, 2014
We are a system that prioritized excellent customer service and quality of care for our patients.
Pros
learned every day of my career
See above rating
Clinical Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 17, 2014
Great learning exeperince working a Levell III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
parking
Nice Company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 4, 2014
The office is not really busy. On a regular day, we may see maybe 3-4 patients. I enjoy working with the docors and my co-workers. We are all like a little family. The doctors are very pleasant and very easy to work with. I think the hardest part of the job is not being busy.
benefits
Cons
pto is used for national holidays
a busy place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 26, 2014
is not in a great area but doesn't feel unsafe. busy hospital
All in all in the begining a good place to work
Accounting-Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 8, 2014
Day starts 7am til 5pm Learned a lot regarding the hospital, function, equipment and day to day operations
In the beginning 1995 Management was good as time went by management took advantage of you For the most part co-worker were nice, pleasant, Hardest part of the job was knowing and listening to management lie right to your face. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people from all walks of life, being the celebrate mile stones or to comfort doing a loss or disappointment
Pros
health coverage
Cons
the lies
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJSeptember 29, 2014
Hardest part of the job would when your over worked with limited amount of staff
Great experience and career opportunity
Medical Secretary ( Temp Agency) (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Although it is not easy to become employed at CHI management can make it difficult to excel in your career.
Pros
great company with lots of benefits ( name, discounts)
Cons
short breaks, long temp assignments, management
CHS Reveiw
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJSeptember 17, 2014
A day would start with polite verbal exchange with employees to gauge how they were feeling about their projects. I would reveiw and change project plans to keep the individual projects fowing as required. Organize status meeting with high level technical employees. Sit in on executive meeting to further understant expectations of management. Instilling in employee that they are capable of stretching their abilities. I love seeing employees succeed in prijects that they were unsure of.
Pros
in general the conection with coworkers.
Cons
the financial stability of the organization.