Capital Management Employee Reviews

Payroll/Human Resources/ Accounting/ Land Dept. Division Orders
Payroll/Insurance/Human Relations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 31, 2016
I have worked for Capital Management Co. for over 30 years and love working here. I started at the age of 18 and have advanced to various jobs within the company. Love working here and have a good relationship with co-workers and management.
Its all about the money
Finacial advisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 12, 2016
If your a team.player your going to be fine here. Find a team you can handle and stay there.. most people.think it's a phone job, you just call and getc people to pay bills. It's much more then that, one you hit your first bounus you will.know.what I mean. This type.of place gives you the option as to.how.much money u want at the end of the month... you can make.how ever much u want BUT you have to work for it... these jobs are not for the faint hearted if u have a soft one.... find a different job
Poor working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 24, 2016
Most of the day was spent staring at my computer without work to do while having to listen to the foul language of my coworkers. Who would roam to and from each others' desks having a conversation that could be hear across the room about their private matters, without management saying anything
A Lot of Bonus Money to Be Made!
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 28, 2016
Capital Management is a Money Hungry Organization 1st & Everything Else is Secondary. There Employment Turnover is About 96% so They are Constantly Hiring. Not a Place for Longevity or a Planned Future!
Pros
Much Money to Be Made as Bonus Pay!
Cons
A Number of Veterans are Stealing New Hires Accounts!
Easy work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 6, 2016
A day at work for Capital Management Services was different then I expected it to be. This was my first and only call center job and I believe I excelled in my position. Management wasn't the greatest, I sometimes felt supervisors/managers were promoted without having the proper education or knowledge. But overall it was easy work.
review
debt collection specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYNovember 12, 2016
worked for the company less than 1 year but work enviroment and job tasks were great and not difficult.

calls were transferred to recording dept.
finished recording payments.
logging info
multitasking
mail sorting
Pros
not stressful
Cons
i left company too early
Pay/Benefits are great, everything else, not so much.
Senior IT Helpdesk technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 16, 2016
Day to day, you're mostly working on computers. If you work out on the "floor" of the company, you will only learn their own systems, as well as how to search people quickly. Working in the other departments will quickly give you a pretty general knowledge of Microsoft Office products, depending on your department? A very vast, general knowledge. The management ranges anywhere from, friendly and helpful, to "sleep with one eye open". Some act professionally, some do not, it's more of a person to person type thing, but generally, it's best to just keep to yourself around management. The coworkers if you're non-management are normal, average everyday people, most of which are incredibly friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was incredibly time-sensitive workloads, of which NEEDED to be completed up to expectations by their short deadlines. Although rough, the people you meet there are pretty great a lot of the time and it's very easy to meet new people, even make a friend or two on the job.
Pros
Close proximity to stores for lunch, Healthcare benefits, 401k
Cons
Very precise lunch/break restraints(punishable if off by even a single minute, even punching in early)
Fast pace business by far the best in the industry
Collections account (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 24, 2015
I strongly recommend if you are looking for 3 party collection to contact them. The company is both productive and compliant.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
only avail in Buffalo
Debt collection to deliquent customers
Debt Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 2, 2012
debt collection and settlements placing outbound calls to customers letting them know their wages will be garnished offering settlements for 10% to help customers. Managers and co-workers battle for position of fees by the end of the month. Who ever collects the most gets the biggest bonus check.The hardest part is getting debtors to pay when important holidays are near. The most enjoyable part is when the debtors build trust with you and they call themsekves and ask. Specifically for you when they need assistance.
Pros
bonus checks are 10% from what you grossed in fees
Cons
if your not collecting the company any money you won't be working their very long.
Very diverse and great place for a hard worker.
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 22, 2013
Answering inbound calls, learned how to sound more professional on the phones each day. Management can sometimes be hard to work with, co-workers are not the most mature people. Hardest part of the job would be how we are very limited to what we can do while waiting for a call to come in, most enjoyable would be the times we go above and beyond for the customers.
Pros
can easily advance, great problem solving.
Cons
very strict rules
compliant, friendly and productive
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  buffalo, nyJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed my job very much. everyone I worked with was extremely knowledgeable and wanted the best for each other. Great team atmosphere and extremely compliant which is hard to find among agencies in this field. I really learned a lot and was always encouraged to go that extra step.
Pros
incentive programs and philanthropy
Learned how to negotiate
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 26, 2015
• Expedite and balance third party phone asset recovery accounts
• Provide guidance, assistance and solutions to customers within client requirements
• Use skip tracing tools to locate relevant customer information
• Communicate effectively with diverse customers, staff, and management
Assistant Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 11, 2013
Each day I ensure the operations of the hotel. I ensure that the guest satisfaction meets that of the Marriott brand. I also assist in sales and marketing efforts for the hotel. Research and seek out new clientele that will have great production for the hotel. I have learned to manage 7 hotels with 150+ employees total.
Marlette ---Best Egg product
Customer Service - Marlette (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYOctober 17, 2014
The BestEgg product is just 7 mths old. Management changes things daily because they have no clue how to handle what's going on with this new company inside Capital Management. Rules for Capital Management are INSANE....no pens, no garbage cans, no eating at desk, no cell phones ANYWHERE in building, you have to raise your hand to speak to another representative about an account. They treat there employees like children. You have to open your bag every time you enter and leave company! I have never worked for a company that treats their employees like children. You are only allowed one 15 break in the morning and a 30 min lunch for working 8 hrs...insane. This company is never going to make it by treating people like kids.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
only one break during work day, no pens at desk, no garbage cans, no personal photos, no cell phones anywhere in building, have to raise hand to speak to another representative.
Great learning experience.
ASSISTANT BOOKKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2012
Its a small company and with that said you have the ability to wear many hats and learn a wide variety skills.

My co-workers are very competent and intelligent people and they make my working experience and environment very comfortable.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no healthcare..
Hard Work High Stress
Level V Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYApril 25, 2015
Lots of opportunity but high stress and micromangement made the atmosphere toxic. High work hours and high strees/ poor work life balance
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
work life balance
This was an awesome place to work!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2014
Typical day at work was helping customers with their online Mobiloans account. Friendly people to work with everyday. Management and coworkers were awesome.
Friendly environment
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 12, 2014
A typical day at work is stressful. Trying to meet review that requirements keep changing. On a good note my co-workers are awesome and the management team is helpful.
fun and enjoyable work enviorment
collector (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 1, 2012
It was a very relaxed work enviorment.I learned alot about the fdcpa. i enjoyed conversing with people and being able to help them clear up financial debt issues.
Outgoing workplace , productive atmosphere
Account Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Greenville, scSeptember 4, 2013
Everyone is fun and outgoing , everything is positive and the company offers great benefits.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Layoff will be Sept. 30th

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Management. Our community is ready to answer.