Capital Markets Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
N/a
Data Analytics - Capital Markets Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2016
Monday, I take an early flight (maybe 5:30) out of your New York to the client site which is located in Boston. At client, the team we have a reserved room better known as the war room.Our team meets and we start working on our deck which contains all of our analysis, data, issues, thinking, and solutions. Our project manager reviews the deck, and once it is approved, our project manager socializes it with the client which is usually senior management.
Productive Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 16, 2015
High Volume and Productive work place. Needing more challenging assignments for growth. In need of more productive staff and environment.
Capco is a great company
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2015
Capco is great company and takes care of their employees well. I have been working at Capco for about two year now. Recently I was able to take part in pro bono project Capco did and realized my passion for human services and wanted to explore the career path. This would be the only reason I would ever think about leaving Capco.

Capco's strongest point is their coaching system.
Worst company to work for
Senior Consultant - IT Project Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2015
After investing myself for two years, I was laid off without any prior notice. There is no job security. The CEO is great, but the client partners are horrible. Stay away from this company if you don't want to be frustrated. They have no clients and repeat business is on the decline. They are more concerned about making money than their employees. Too many side activities in addition to client work which tend to overwork the employees.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
No job security
Fast paced and collaborative work place
Manager of Trade Operations & Regulatory Reporting (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2015
Leadership fights for employees if problems arise. The company is a bit siloed between departments, but overall a decent place to work. It can be tough to find new opportunities or can take time.
Pros
Good leadership
Cons
Opportunities for advancement
Nice working environment
PL/ SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 23, 2013
Working environment is excellent.
Environment: Oracle Database 11g, TOAD, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, UNIX, PUTTY, PVCS
Pros
job security
Cons
short gaps
this company sold its loan portfolio
Pipeline Valuation Mgr.- Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 12, 2012
this company was acquired -

• Manage a dynamic loan portfolio of over $100mm and responsible for the valuation, analysis, hedging and risk metrics of the pipeline in addition to managing best execution of loans to maximize the bank’s profit.
• Conduct financial analysis and setup risk profiles to determine profitable positions utilizing Bloomberg, SQL, Oracle DB, Compass Analytics, Excel and other proprietary risk modeling and financial analysis software.
• Analyzed and displayed market change before and after effects on profit and loss totals and hedging positions due to changes in SRP, pull-through and other fixed-income market characteristics and benchmarks.
• Conduct MSR Analysis (Mortgage Servicing Rights), valuation, and prepay analysis for the recently sold 65 billion dollar portfolio under the guidance of the MSR manager, utilizing in-house and multi-vendor data.
• Program and operate SQL based analytics package, Compass Analytics, to analyze and display hedging position, loan status, profit and loss (realized and unrealized), loans locked, loan fallout and other portfolio characteristics.
• Analyze and assess the risk position of the current pipeline and produce reports for use by the risk department, integrating and calculating complex bond functions and market data points, such as OAS, CPR (prepayments), and durations/convexities into the risk reports that help determine positions needed for a market neutral portfolio.
• Run and troubleshoot teammate’s pricing desk with complex programs engineered in VBA code and Excel to determine our rates, repricings, and bank’s
  more... rates position for the day, as advertised online
• Responsible for winding down business unit, existing pipeline and last portfolio analytics for the bank’s acquirer.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
no free lunches