Cons: no free lunches
this company was acquired -
• Manage a dynamic loan portfolio of over $100mm and responsible for the valuation, analysis, hedging and risk metrics of the pipeline in addition to managing best execution of loans to maximize the bank’s profit.
• Conduct financial analysis and setup risk profiles to determine profitable positions utilizing Bloomberg, – more... SQL, Oracle DB, Compass Analytics, Excel and other proprietary risk modeling and financial analysis software.
• Analyzed and displayed market change before and after effects on profit and loss totals and hedging positions due to changes in SRP, pull-through and other fixed-income market characteristics and benchmarks.
• Conduct MSR Analysis (Mortgage Servicing Rights), valuation, and prepay analysis for the recently sold 65 billion dollar portfolio under the guidance of the MSR manager, utilizing in-house and multi-vendor data.
• Program and operate SQL based analytics package, Compass Analytics, to analyze and display hedging position, loan status, profit and loss (realized and unrealized), loans locked, loan fallout and other portfolio characteristics.
• Analyze and assess the risk position of the current pipeline and produce reports for use by the risk department, integrating and calculating complex bond functions and market data points, such as OAS, CPR (prepayments), and durations/convexities into the risk reports that help determine positions needed for a market neutral portfolio.
• Run and troubleshoot teammate’s pricing desk with complex programs engineered in VBA code and Excel to determine our rates, repricings, and bank’s rates position for the day, as advertised online
• Responsible for winding down business unit, existing pipeline and last portfolio analytics for the bank’s acquirer. – less