Capital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 19, 2016
This place is a joke. I did my extern at this place and was moved around from place to place. There is drama that shouldn't be brought into the work place. If they have a problem with something your doing they don't talk to you about it in private they do it in front of other employees. There were high work loads, more than what one person should be dealing with. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I had an interview with them after and they called to just talk about all the negatives they didn't like. Some of the people here are very rude and uncaring.
Cons
Poor management, workplace drama, unprofessionalism
Despite attestation - it is all about the bottom line
Management (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 9, 2016
First for profit hospital I have worked for and yes, it is all about the bottom line. Impossible to do the work asked for with the limited resources that are provided. You do not have the tools to do the job. Micromanagement abounds and if you speak your mind or refuse to do something that is wrong, you will pay the price. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Some of the staff are wonderful
Cons
great people, lots of good opertunties and good pay.
AM Cook (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 5, 2016
I would prepare all of the food for the faculty for both breakfast and lunch and the also provide ala carte room service menu options to our patients during these times.
I learned about therapeutic diets, modified textures and other dietary restrictions.
Management was nice, but not very good at holding people to their required level of job performance.
Co-workers are great people with warm hearts.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the gap of culinary knowledge and the level of quality.
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating the room service menu and doing all of the special catering functions to my whims.
Pros
great pay, strong union
Cons
large culture of complacency
This was a good palce to work they treated me well
Diagnostic Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 12, 2015
I liked the job there really. They just went union when I left and therefore it was a little sketchy, They didn't pay me as well as they could have at all. I enjoyed the job itself nut the management changed often and it is certainly not a non profit organization and that makes a difference. I preferred working in the evenings as there weren't so many fingers pointing at each other. I made good friends and still have them to date. I gained a lot of really good knowledge
Pros
knowledge base, I learned a lot, made good friends and had fun.
Cons
not enough pay and some of the people werent always so kind, I could tell the money was most important at times.
Very family orientated
Laboratory assistant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 10, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone know you that place isn't very big but very family orientated. They work with you on hours if needed the Lab director is great and easy to get a long with.
wonderful experience
Sterile Processing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 19, 2015
They can improve with more staffing. Always short handed but i did love all the over time. Not enough instruments always turning over instruments and sometimes flashing them.
Government Employement
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Very hard not too work in a political office. Many unhappy people every day.

At the time, there was not strong supervisor positions in place. The daily job was ok and not difficult.
Good Place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 3, 2014
Loved working here, my day was always blessed with positive and out going care of Patients and staff
Pros
Discounted lunches are always a plus
Cons
always a busy day
Becoming a Supervisor
Food Service Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2014
I learned a lot in becoming a Supervisor in this job. Also working different shifts.
Pros
Free lunch and managent worked with you when needed time.
Cons
working every other weekend
Management would yell and degrade employees
OR Secretary (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 28, 2013
Management in the OR is the worst that I have ever seen. Would not recommend this place for employment.
Facility purchased by VCU
Director Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 3, 2013
Good leadership at the facility level
Hospital purchased by VCU
Loved labor and delivery care of women
Staff Nurse/ Labor and delivery/Newborn Nursery (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 31, 2013
My typical shift in Labor and delivery invloves caring for a woman and guiding her through her labor process, whether it is a spontaneous labor and a planned piticin induction. I have learned to provide women with information, let them make their choice and respect it, unless there is a potential risk to them or their unborn infant.
I assist the woman with birth, support breastfeeding as needed and monitor the woman carefully after delivery for postpartum complications.
My other typical day is a shift in the level1 nursery where I provide 1:1 care to sick newborns. I provide IV therapy, oxgyen adminstration, feeding support, and monitor vital signs
Pros
Physicians practicing at CMC tend to observe the standards of care of labor and delivery
Cons
Occasional staff turmoil
Productive and fun work environment
Material Management (Former Employee) –  Westside of Olympia, WAJuly 23, 2013
A typical day would consist of restocking shelves with medical supplies, pulling orders from departments within the hospital, delivering those orders to the correct departments, and putting away the medical supplies in each supply room. From this job I learned how to be more personable with others while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Pros
Great schedule and easy work
Cons
Small team for a big daily workload
Enjoyable
Operating Room Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 21, 2013
Learned how to manage my time, understanding if something was needed for a surgery how important its needed for a particular surgery. Struggled with some co-workers, but enjoyed most of my co-workers. Hardest part trying to make everyone happy and not letting it get to me. take pride in doing job well.
Occupational Medicine Liaison (Former Employee) –  Olympia WASeptember 24, 2012
Wonderful place to work. My day started at 7:30am and ended at 3:30pm. I had a hand in the interview process, setting up new accounts, data entry. My coworkers were wonderful to work with, we learned from each other. Hardest part of the job was not having enough hands to get things done.
Pros
family attomosphere
Cons
getting laid off