Capital Medical Center

Capital Medical Center Employer Reviews

Becoming a Supervisor
Food Service Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch and managent worked with you when needed time.
Cons: working every other weekend
I learned a lot in becoming a Supervisor in this job. Also working different shifts.
Management would yell and degrade employees
OR Secretary (Former Employee), Olympia, WAOctober 28, 2013
Management in the OR is the worst that I have ever seen. Would not recommend this place for employment.
Facility purchased by VCU
Director Information Systems (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 3, 2013
Good leadership at the facility level
Hospital purchased by VCU
Loved labor and delivery care of women
Staff Nurse/ Labor and delivery/Newborn Nursery (Current Employee), Olympia, WAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: physicians practicing at cmc tend to observe the standards of care of labor and delivery
Cons: occasional staff turmoil
My typical shift in Labor and delivery invloves caring for a woman and guiding her through her labor process, whether it is a spontaneous labor and a planned piticin induction. I have learned to provide women with information, let them make their choice and respect it, unless there is a potential risk to them or their unborn infant.
I assist the woman – more... with birth, support breastfeeding as needed and monitor the woman carefully after delivery for postpartum complications.
My other typical day is a shift in the level1 nursery where I provide 1:1 care to sick newborns. I provide IV therapy, oxgyen adminstration, feeding support, and monitor vital signs – less
Productive and fun work environment
Material Management (Former Employee), Westside of Olympia, WAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great schedule and easy work
Cons: small team for a big daily workload
A typical day would consist of restocking shelves with medical supplies, pulling orders from departments within the hospital, delivering those orders to the correct departments, and putting away the medical supplies in each supply room. From this job I learned how to be more personable with others while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Enjoyable
Operating Room Materials Coordinator (Former Employee), Olympia, WAJune 21, 2013
Learned how to manage my time, understanding if something was needed for a surgery how important its needed for a particular surgery. Struggled with some co-workers, but enjoyed most of my co-workers. Hardest part trying to make everyone happy and not letting it get to me. take pride in doing job well.
Occupational Medicine Liaison (Former Employee), Olympia WASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: family attomosphere
Cons: getting laid off
Wonderful place to work. My day started at 7:30am and ended at 3:30pm. I had a hand in the interview process, setting up new accounts, data entry. My coworkers were wonderful to work with, we learned from each other. Hardest part of the job was not having enough hands to get things done.