Capital Metro Employee Reviews

Challenging
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2017
Excellent benefits. Tough working hours which makes it hard on family life. Sometimes dangerous passengers and then some real nice ones that make your day. Not a job for everybody. You have to have thick skin and be patient in traffic.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Dangerous and rude passengers.
Great way to get involved in the community
Smart Trips Options Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2016
Smart Trips Austin program provides residents with information about how to integrate multi-modal forms of transit into their day-to-day routine, along with community-based instructional programs that support these options. The primary goal of the Smart Trips Austin program is to reduce single occupant vehicle trips in the selected area and increase transit ridership, bicycling, walking and carpooling.

Households are mailed an order form in the mail with options for receiving a customized active transportation toolkit including maps, safety tips and incentive prizes such as pedometers or bike lights.

As an Options Team Member, I travel by foot and bus to households with the their personalized toolkit. This includes the specific information they requested and also content about the dates, times and locations of several community-based bicycling, walking and transit programs such as learn to ride classes, transit instruction and group walking activities. About a week after I deliver the toolkits, I make follow up phone calls and emails to residents and engage in motivational interviews in order to encourage behavior they are already interested in changing. In occasion I table at community events like farmers markets where we tell people about the Capital Metro app and sign people up for Smart Trips Austin that live in the area but didn't send in a form through the mail or online.
Pros
great exercise, community is very receptive and excited.
Cons
paid via temp agency, I have to send in my timecard by hand or fax which takes up a lot of my time.
Interesting and Fun
SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT HR (Current Employee) –  Austin,TXJuly 14, 2015
My typical work days is very busy and fast-paced. I currently have 9 individuals that depend on me to keep everything in order to ensure we achieve departmental success. My co-workers are fun and interesting group of people. They each have very different personalities which can be a handful to manage. This can also be rewarding because you can learn so much from each individual person.
Pros
Wellness Program
Cons
N/a
Driver
Sts Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Nice place to work transporting individuals to appointments.
benefits
Cons
no lunch breaks
I enjoyed working with people.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Daily I drove passengers to either where they were going, or to catch another bus. I worked well with people, and drove safely.
Pros
Healthcare.
Cons
Hours.
Observations
Buyer 1, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Good company. however, no room for advancement within the company.
Professional (Current Employee) –  2910 E 5thMarch 22, 2013
Every employer has its issues, but Capital Metro is truly a pleasant place to work. Overall people are great to work with. What I appreciate most, is that people are treated like adults and trusted to get the work done. Not micro managed. Capital Metro understands that poeple have lives outside of the job and embraces that fact by offering flexibility in work scheduling. This organization was started and continues to function like a second family to the employees.
Pros
flexibility and family like environment
Cons
the kind that come along w/having a diverse workforce, personalities and ideas.
Productive work environment
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2013
Working for this company it's very fast paced and fun. The customers are very sweet to talk to on the phone. Good Company
A Different experience every day
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2012
Basicly a bus operator 's job is stressful, a lot of day to day things to that you have to deal with. Best part of the job, is the people that i work with and serve,customers that you see on a day to day basis. Hardest part of the job would probably be the traffic, but that's only part of your day.
Pros
company pays well, good people to work with
Cons
healthcare cost is higher
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2012
basic secondary work in the accouting department. Switch board work . Mailroom clerk and inventory control.
Great place
Reservation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin TxMarch 30, 2012
Capital Metro is a wonderful employer with wonderful people.
Pros
pay is great and people too
Cons
work on the weekends
Productive work place that allows you to explore more oppurtunities
Multi-Titles (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 27, 2011
While working here I exprienced helpful and prudent information from working in two departments at one time which was Human Resource and Planning Department.
Pros
great benefits