Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 4,047 reviews matching the search
Family oriented environment
Universal Branch Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2017
I absolutely enjoy being an employee of Capital One. its a very generous company and also very family oriented. I appreciate that the company recognizes their hard working employees and will invest in you to ensure your success.
Pros
willing to work with employees one on one to create success
Cons
more serious employees
taking care of customers on a daily basis
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 17, 2017
Balanced Vault Daily/drawer.
Responsible for overseeing the teller line/training new tellers
taking care of the operations of the branch, daily monthly, yearly.
Getting prepared for the Audits of the branch. I love working with the customers and answering questions they may have.
Very Good Company
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 17, 2017
Capital One is a very good company to work for. The compensation and benefits is very fair. 99.9% of the people you will work with are good people and very easy to work with.

There is definitely a competitive culture, but one that spurs advancement and innovation; not one that creates overwhelming stress.
fun place
Operations Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 16, 2017
I learn the importance of time frames and working in large teams. The people I worked with were always helpful and extremely knowledgeable in their fields.
Good on be well programs
Senior Risk Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2017
Management needs improvements I was attacked like many other employees and when I asked for help from higher management I was told to "deal with it". I was in a very hostile environment and the director gave me the cold shoulder and ignored my emails.
Pros
Good insurance and 401K
Cons
Management needs work
temporary computer data entry - pleasant atmosphere to work
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 16, 2017
A typical day consisted of computer data entry work categorizing documents, bundling documents, checking, and filing; and periodically, scanning documents before categorizing and pulling documents from file to return to original source for further examination. What I learned was basically the job itself. Management was on the whole, non interfering. The work place culture was quite pleasant for a basically boring job. The hardest part of the job was that it was temporary and company decided to dissolve the document department. The work was absorbed by other departments. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was it's convenient location.
Pros
Job location was convenient
Cons
It was only temporary and tasks were limiting
Simply the best place to work in the U.S.
Master Platform Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 16, 2017
The culture is driven from the top; great work environment; great people. Flexible work hours, paid holidays, great benefits and great overall culture.
slow paced
Teller/Lead Teller Designee (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 16, 2017
This job was very slow.most days dragged out to be long and stressful. Sometimes hours where cut short. HARDLY EVER did management came out to help. wasn't organized.
nice workplace
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 16, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my years at Capital One. I began with ING, and after the crash, ING sold the bank to Capital One, so my job continued in senior management, I had great staff as well as great managers. I would highly suggest anyone accept a job there.
Pros
Rduced lunches, excellent PTO plan
Great company that appreciates its employees
Level III QA Processor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 16, 2017
Capital One was a great company for work for. You feel valued as an employee. The Home Loans division struggled compared to the auto and cards division of the company, so job security was always an issue. Capital One is a very diverse company and celebrates all cultures.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TX 78577August 15, 2017
Working at Capital One was the best experience I had working for a company.The company really care about their employees.The training to become a teller was great i was able to get a lot of experience.
Overall, solid company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2017
Overall, a solid company to work for.

Pros: Ability to work from home, great team dynamics, occasional catered breakfasts/lunches/coffee carts, ping pong table, transportation/parking stipend, open door policy

Cons: Not a very competitive pay. If you're promoted within you receive a raise quite a bit less than if you were applying for the same position from the outside. A bit difficult to move up in the company.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Certified Banker (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 15, 2017
Very exciting work environment. It was informative to watch the company transition into such a digital space. The managers and district managers were all very helpful as well.
Fun work enviroment
Back-Up Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYAugust 15, 2017
Great learning experience, great working team. overall the vacation hours provided to part timers were awesome. 401k was amazing aswell. Increase in pay was pretty horrible.
Great Company
Director, Enterprise Voice Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 15, 2017
One of the best work experiences of my professional career. Great people, great culture! Management promotes resources to think freely and challenge legacy processes for constant improvement. Company strives to do the right thing.
Great Place to Work!
Senior Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
Workplace culture is excellent. They care deeply about their customers and their employees. Although I worked long hours, it was still gratifying to accomplish so much each day. They definitely taught me to manage my time well. Hardest part of the job will be leaving after 19 years (site closure). I have enjoyed my time here and will miss the outstanding people who work here. High caliber, high performing associates!
Pros
Encouraged to do your best
Great Company, 3rd party needs better management focus
Capital One Card Support (Former Employee) –  Provo and Lindon UtahAugust 14, 2017
I worked for Frontier Secure, that supported Capital One credit cards. Capital One has great products and focus, the management at Frontier Secure had little direction and was constantly changing, sometimes in the opposite direction. Granted, it was a new company and it was growing. It started out as a call center above and beyond any I had worked for. The company put the employees first, the client 2nd, and everything else a distant third. We had an excellent performance based compensation plan that drove our numbers to the highest NPS center in all of Capital One worldwide.
Once we had establish this level of performance some people tried to tweak things, mid level managers trying to make there mark. Then the micromanagement began to creep in, then a focus on metric based compensation not customer excitement, NPS. The stand call center culture started to creep in, as they hired more and more from outside instead of promoting from within. The people that had made the site what it was started to find work elsewhere, moral dropped, absenteeism went through the roof, (very hard to get any PTO approved, even though you got 20 days per year.) The biggest thing that happened is employees started worrying about there numbers not the customer. NPS was no longer a focus, after call work (ACW) and hold time, and attendance was the only measure for the new bonus structure.
Under NPS Frontier got a bonus as a site and they happily passed that on to the employees, some making the equivalent of an extra $1200 to $1600 per month counting the quarter bump in hourly
  more... pay. I remember one agent making $22/hr and getting another $700/mo bonus, plus they offered unlimited overtime. All this was funded by the bonuses from Capital One, and still made a significant profit for Frontier as well.
Once NPS was no longer a focus, and typical call center metrics became the norm people did not want to work there anymore. The site has now been bought by SYKES, I hope they can bring back the employee care and focus that made working at the site and the satisfaction of the customer the highest priorities. If they can do that, the profit will be once again higher like it was in the beginning
Pros
Capital One and Frontier great companies
Cons
Short sighted management, high attrition
Fun workplace
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2017
Dealing with customers on a daily, solve customer problems,train new employees,bookkeeping and accounting ,call center customer service,receive branch work and process it and send process work to federal reserve(Transit department) Learned all aspects of banking.The hardest part was lossing my good job and salary. The most enjoyable part was dealing with customers
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
my laid slip
Awesome place to work, terrible managers
Risk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2017
Capital One has such an amazing culture but the managers are terrible. They accuse you of doing things but have no proof. I know of several instances that people are under a microscope but if you are friends with your manager then you are given free reign. The company as a whole is awesome, has amazing perks but the attitude of the managers casts a dark shadow over the mission that Capital One is trying to achieve.
Great Entry Level experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2017
Captial one provided me with great entry level data entry experience which afforded me the opportunity to improve my resume. It gave great name recognition.
Pros
Felexability
Cons
Growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.