Capital One
1,186 reviews

Capital One Employer Reviews

Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 21, 2014
Pros: bonus/incentive, great benefits, pretty good pay, career development, opportunities for advancement
Cons: workplace politics, some unpleasant customers, call center environment, pto restrictions
I liked working at Capital One for the most part. It's a really good job for those who love customer service and is also pretty easy to advance for those who are determined but at times it can also depend on who you are and who you know. It's steady work and as long as you get to work every day on time you shouldn't have many problems. I worked there – more... over two years and some people have been there for decades. It's all about what you want to do. A lot of great people work there and most of the managers are great. – less
Productive and somewhat a bore
Teller (Former Employee), Houma, LAApril 21, 2014
It was an ok evironment to work in. I did get a chance to meet new people but overall I was not satisfied with some of the management.
Productive, Fast-paced and Energetic Environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 20, 2014
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: long work hours
Working at Capital One Bank was a unique experience for me. It is also a fun-interactive environment working as team with your co-workers on those extremely busy days.
The most challenging situations are trying to assist angry frustrated clients involving business or personal account issues. Learning to understand the concerns of customers is an important – more... role of the banking industry.
It is a gratifying experience to gain the trust, loyalty and bonding relationship between an employee and a customer.The interaction among the co-workers as well as the customers is the most enjoyable aspect of the job. – less
great bonuses
Collector (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, loved it there.
Cons: short lunches
called out bound to collect on auto loans. Did search work to find customers who no longer had current contact info. Customer service.
Overall good company, Department of Merchant Disputes horrible
Operations Product Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, vacation time
Cons: management, nature of work
The company itself was good to work for not the department of Merchant Disputes. The management was something to be desired and their training was horrible for new rules and regulations set forth.
n/a
Sr. Inbound CS Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 17, 2014
It is an excellent job. I wouldn't change anything. The management is awesome and my peers are wonderful.
good place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 17, 2014
Capital One is a good place to work, however I do not feel as though I was properly compensated for the work load.
Great place to work, Capital One takes care of their employees.
Fraud Investigator, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, culture, facilities
Cons: politics, some managers, micro management
Although my position was eliminated I enjoyed my experience and learned so much during my employment.

There were politics within a couple of the departments I worked in but the overall culture, benefits and the facilities made up for any of the negatives. Capital One as a company goes above and beyond for their employees.

Although my position was – more... eliminated I enjoyed my overall experience. – less
Good learning experience.
Teller (Former Employee), Lake Charles LaApril 16, 2014
Pros: benefits for part timers and vacation time
Cons: short breaks, not appreciated, tellers were always short handed.
Loved my coworkers and assistant manager. Manager seemed too busy focusing on numbers to care about her employees. Pay wasn't great (other banks pay $2-$3 more an hr) Got a VERY small pay raise after having been there for a year. I enjoyed the work. Didn't feel appreciated or that the customers were appreciated. Will never go back.
Awesome place to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TexasApril 16, 2014
The culture and benefits packages are like no other. The work environment fosters a cohesive atmosphere and brings everyone together including the community.
N/A
Heavy Spend Account Manager (Former Employee), TampaApril 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Management was unprofessional. Other than that it is a good company great benefits.
Great employer despite quirks
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 15, 2014
Pros: people centric, ability to move around the company, great pay
Cons: competition can be overzealous, black-hole departments you can't move on from
Capital One is one of the best companies i've ever worked for. The pay is great and the mobility within the company is impressive depending on the department you enter.

if you're unfortunate enough to enter a bad department, then your upward and lateral mobility can and will suffer. it's unfortunate but possible to end up in a black hole department – more... and the only way to move up financially is to leave the company.

Cap One creates an environment based around competition. Sometimes this competition can get out of hand and there aren't many safeguards to prevent this.

overall, if you end up in a good department, this is the kind of company that can be very rewarding to it's employees. – less
Exceptional talent, great people
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 15, 2014
Exceptional talent, great people, strong teamwork. Overall very healthy work environment.
Overall a fun place to work
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDApril 15, 2014
Pros: upbeat fun atmosphere
Cons: managers have to manually track attendance, and do all qas
Phone assoc enjoy the no handle time restrictions and fun atmosphere. As a manager I was responsible for making sure assoc had the info and supplies they needed.
Great Benefits!
Fraud Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), VAApril 14, 2014
Nice place , very cleaned place to work at. I've learned a lot about the company, and if I plan to stay.
Good place to work... for now.
Mortgage Closer (Current Employee), Plano, TexasApril 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many unnecessary changes
from a current employee...

They said they were looking at PTO being even across the floor. Not my fault if someone wants to use PTO instead of making up time. That should be up to the employee. Cap one prides itself on being one of the best places to work & how they take care of their employees and all this stuff, yet they keep making changes that – more... are not Employee friendly! – less
Very Productive Invironment
Check Processor (Former Employee), Richmond, VirginiaApril 11, 2014
Pros: got to learn different things
Cons: temporary agency, job ended
Fast paced invironment, limited supervision, had to maintain a certain quota.
Slow death
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Richmond VaApril 10, 2014
Most peers were great folks to work with!
Management was terrible.
I learned that there is no loyalty from Capital One
Productive, serious, steady job.
Teller II (Former Employee), Union City, NJApril 9, 2014
Lots of experience. customer services is a must. Fast paced job. Team work eviroment.
Capital One a good place to work
Mortgage Underwriter/Sr Loan Processor (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
The management was good and I enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part was the always changing the systems

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best – Read more