Capital One
1,779 reviews

Capital One Employer Reviews

Exciting place to work
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
I really enjoyed my 9 years at Capital One. My typical workday consisted of coming in and meeting with managers and the Fun team to see how we can make out bankers have an awesome workday!
Fun workplace, extremely smart employees, great work life balance.
Business Manager - Marketing & Analytics (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 28, 2015
Everyone here is really smart and personable. An extremely data driven culture where even senior leaders are very detail oriented. Fun work atmosphere with lots of young people.
A place of growth and diverse culture.
FRAUD INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee), Chester, VAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits, learning environment, diverse, professional environment
Cons: low on flexibility
Capital One was my first real job in Corporate America. The skills I learned working for Capital One have contributed to positive growth I have made in my personal life. The job allowed me to have a strong head start at life while I was transitioning from teen to adult.
fun
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), plano txFebruary 27, 2015
fast pace environment
leaned how auto loans work
management was very professional all times
co workers were hard working team players
left company 2014
District Manager for East Texas, I (Former Employee), East TexasFebruary 27, 2015
Left company in 2014 after 29 years and 6 mergers
Advanced in roles from teller, to personal banker, Assistant Bank Manager, Bank Manager, Sales Coach and District Manager. Capital One bought out Hibernia National Bank in 2006
It was a fun caring group of people who had many different qualities, together we made a great team!
Teller (Former Employee), West HempsteadFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed the work i did
Cons: personality differences.
I would count large amounts of cash, handle customers needs like printing statements out, account balances, customer credit card payments, cash advances, split deposits, cash withdrawals, balance cash vaults, fax signature cards to back office for new account holders. I loved my co-workers, they helped me grow with knowledge and allowed me to make mistakes so they can show me what I did wrong and how I could have done something different. I was top sales associate in my branch and was number 11 in the district on an annual rating but was not with the company for an entire year. I enjoyed my customers and their stories, I enjoyed making sales, and working with my employees who made this all a great working and learning experience. Management made a lot of changes and worked for new people who didn't have the same work ethic as I did, and I therefore leading to a conflict in personalities.
Productive Learning
Collections (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not many
Enjoyable work environment that promotes growth in opportunity. Management are appreciative of employees and good benefits. Learning experience growth and support
Fast paced environment
Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2015
This place is a fast paced environment. Things are always changing and it is really hard to keep up. It is great there are cafeterias on site because you can't always get away for lunch breaks.
Great Place to Work but
Universal Branch Associate (Current Employee), Perth Amboy, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits, work culture
Cons: job security, executive management culture.
Typical day at work includes opening procedures for regular day operations. Reviewing bank's policy and procedure updates or changes with staff to ensure operations and guidelines are met. Throughout the day, I am expected to engaged with customer and potential customers to assist and promote bank's vision.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
QE Specialist/Test Lead (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table,
good place to work. Good place to learn new things, very supportive co-workers
Generative and lively atmosphere with great pay.
Risk Associate (Former Employee), Owasso, OKFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: events, pay, healthcare
Capital One was a great company to work for. They were very people focused and made sure there employees loved coming to work. That same focus was directed to there customers as well. It didn't feel like collections at all because our drive was to help resolve the customers issue.
Much fun at Capital One
Risk Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: lots of positive energy
Cons: moved to texas
Capital One Auto Finance was a great experience... However they moved. Once that culture left the Tampa Bay area, they lost much of the core values. Used to compensate the best people with the best pay.
Listed below are the major projects that I have worked on at Capital One:
Senior Ab Initio Developer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Shield Remediation Project: This project is to prevent plastic numbers being present anywhere where they have a risk of being exposed. To prevent this from happening, Capital One has designed a Token Generation engine which would generate unique token numbers for plastic numbers and use them everywhere possible. I have worked on assessing the impacts of populating the token in place of plastic numbers as there will be external vendors to whom we ship files on daily basis. Later on I have worked on replacing plastic numbers wherever possible with the token values. Also I had worked on establishing compensating controls on the files that have plastic numbers but are not possible to be replaced by token values.

Venture Promotion Project: Capital One has a Venture Credit Card that is a type of credit card which is for high spending customers. Capital One has planned to come up with a new promotion for Venture card customers with a BOGO flight offer which was planned to be launched in the month of May’2014, but was postponed later. As part of this project I had to work on loading the offers into OME (Offer Management Environment) which is like a centralized repository for all the offers for Capital One customers. The offers are tagged for customers through the UNICA jobs that pull data from CDW and send us the feed through IFM (Integrated Fulfillment Management) application which we eventually have to take care of getting them loaded into OME.
Capital One Bank
District Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: little advancement opportunity
Capital One Bank has a great mission.
Great Benefits and Great people to work with

Overall this is a great company to work for. Not much room for advancement and company has had several reorganizations during my tenure which leads to uncertainty with job security.

Certain areas growing well others are not.

Management can be challenging at times

Feedback is welcome and given often
Productive, empowering company, unique culture
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Company provides many opportunities across the entire enterprise. The culture is unique in that it provides employees many environmental advantages and it's performance management process is very competitive.
Typical Corporate Work
Teller/Lead Teller Backup (Current Employee), Kenner, LAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: predictable hours, benefits
Cons: compensation, subjective interpretation of policy
Capital One is a great company. Awesome benefits package, although they could pay better. Local management can be a nightmare depending on where you are placed. Most new hires have to begin as a part-time teller (32 hrs./week, avg.), and full-time positions can be hard to come by, as branch managers get to choose after another interview process. Advancement is difficult, but not impossible.
Nice
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2015
A Good & Fun place to work. Diversified, Equal Opportunity, Bonuses. 24 hrs Operation; hence you can choose your shift. Lots of opportunity for growth & advancement.
Testing Specialist, Senior (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 20, 2015
Capital One believes in its employees and its mission to deliver the best banking experience to its customers. It's a fun place to work with various challenges, that allows its employees to grow without feeling overwhelmed.
Capital One offers the best training in customer service.
Customer service agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: excellent truing and benefits.
The determining their reason for anger, frustration. I enjoyed "flipping" the customer to a feeling of satisfaction. This is truly accomplished by active listening.
Fantastic Company with an eye toward Innovation
Organizational Change Management (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 20, 2015
* Great culture
* Encourages all employees to think outside the box
* Great work/life balance (work from home, flexible schedule)
* Benefits are outstanding
* The campus is modern and top of the line

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best – Read more