Capital One
1,701 reviews

Capital One Employer Reviews

Solid Company
Teller (Current Employee), Fort Washington, MDJanuary 25, 2015
This is a solid company with various resources for career growth. Great for entry level positions.
Capital One is an excellent place to work
Sr. Fraud Coordinator (Former Employee), Tigard, OrJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: laid back work atmosphere.
I worked for Capital One in two different departments, Customer Care and Fraud. Both were equally rewarding. A typical day at work consisted of answering phones or making calls, answering general questions about accounts, analyzing account activity. While I was at Capital One I learned many different systems and how to navigate them. I also learned a lot more about credit cards and credit in general that will help me in personal decisions in the future. My co-workers there were amazing, fun and extremely knowledgeable. As far as managers go, as long as you got your work done and were keeping up with the standards, they were happy.
Ok company
Associate (Current Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 25, 2015
no opportunity for advancement once you reach certain pay or tittle
Capital One was an awesome place to work free coffee tea everyday
Risk Specialist- Account Manager (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: going to movies
Cons: not close to good eating places
Working in The Flo Department was very rewarding having my own accounts assigned to me collecting on personal loans.
I have learned people will do anything they can especially lie to keep from paying on bills they made can pay but won't
Management are very caring great group of people
My co-workers were a nice group of people ready to assist each other if needed
There was not a hard part of this job, job was actually awesome we were not on a phone dialer. so we made calls out, Customers would call in to make payments.
Most enjoyable part when we would have outings, block parties, going bowling, to movies, to dinner...fun, fun, fun.
Capital One worklife
Senior Advocacy Coordinator (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere at the office
Cons: strict on attendance policy
I come into work and get my computer ready for the day read emails and start taking phone calls helping customers and other associates. My job is very challenging and never stays the same and I love it. I hope to find a job very similar in Denver.
Charming Place
Bank Teller (Current Employee), West Islip, Long IslandJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great environment, great culture, great people.
Cons: rather competitive.
Although there is much variation among branches, Capital One is a family. Within weeks I felt that I found myself in a tight knit group of people that look out for each other, and care for each other's success. Moreover, while working there, Capital taught me much in the ways of banking and business management.
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2015
I did this already please fix this error. But I love Capital one. I am a work from home agent. Not easy but they make it as easy as possible
Productive Workplace
Sr. Risk Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2015
Great environment. Great People. Good benefits. Great feedback. Great Stability.
Limited Opportunity for Advancement
Sr. Case Management Specialist - Sr. Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Capital One can be a fun place to work depending on your manager. Sometimes there are managers who do not have their associates' best interests in mind when making decisions and this often goes unnoticed and uncorrected by senior leadership. Other than this, Capital One has recently increased the starting salary for many entry-level positions but the changes to the bonus structure for those caught in the middle positions makes the pay significantly less than it should be. The benefits are decent other than high insurance premiums and co-pays.
Productive workplace; good work culture
Underwriter II (Current Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Work culture is not micro managed but yet productive at the same time. Beautiful campus with 7 buildings including a conference cetner, gym with basketball court and on site doctor.
It's a job not a career.
Sr. Quality Assurance Coordinator/Quality Ops (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Unless you aspire to work your way up and be a manager making roughly $37,000 a year, then it is not a place to be if you want to make a career out of it. The benefits are great and they have tuition reimbursement. Compensation is not up to industry standards and people are not paid well enough. Job is very easy and there is a great work-life balance. Overall good job to work for but you cannot make a career out of it.
I personally enjoyed my job
Direct Banker Account Manager/Merchant Services (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great bonuses and incentives
Cons: weekly and monthly quotas
This company trained and empowered you to use good judgment. You gained the support of other teams to resolve issues. It offered great benefits and fun incentives. It was never a duel moment each and every day.
Productive and a good place to work
Online Technical Support (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Very busy stressful at time
I learned how to manage myself.
Co-workers are great
DO NOT EVER BE LATE
Risk Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great people... wonderful job
Cons: if you dont be on time you will be fired even thirty seconds late three time in a month, if you dont meet goal three time in a month you will get fired.
Great company to work for... Make sure you arrive fifteen minutes early and this is a good habit to have anyway. Alot of people lose there jobs because of situations out of their control. Management is great... if you are collecting pressure will be on. The comoany does alot to ensure appreciation.
I liked having the option on a 4 or 5 work week
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Working in a call center can be a challenge at times but, all issues can be resolved. Discipline is learned. Management was about business. Co-Workers worked together as a team. The job is very demanding and that is where the discipline comes in. Holiday celebration was the best.
N/A
Lead Teller (Former Employee), Dickinson, TXJanuary 19, 2015
The hardest part of the job is when you voice as an associate was not heard
Bank Manager
Bank Manager (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Daily focus on sales, operations, customer service, and motivating associates to the next level.
Various Collateral / Loan Type Finance Company
Risk III Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Call center employer for auto finance customer service, loan work-outs, collections, repossession and reinstatement / redemption of collateral. Enjoyed interactions during workouts and settlements.
Great career
Branch Designee / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
I love being a banker in all aspect of the word. Great career and plenty of growth.
Top financial institution
Branch Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2015
• Improved revenue and operational performance of the financial institution year over year.
• Worked across company lines to improve operational integrity of retail banking.
• Helped improve technological capabilities on an organizational platform
• Lead outreach program geared toward educating business and consumer clients in the community
• Implemented strategic processes to improve customer experience and the execution of these behaviors amongst all associates.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best – Read more