Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 2,904 reviews matching the search
Great place to have work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2016
I worked with smart and nice people and I can't really complain about the company too much. However, I wasn't challenged enough, which was often disappointing. The data environment was outdated which prevented a lot of analyst to produce meaningful results in a timely fashion. It's not that people aren't highly equipped but some things were just moving a bit too slow for me.
fun
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 7, 2016
Very automated with computers doing most of the credit decisions. Some over-ride authority depending upon your level of experience within the company.
Proud to be an Employee of Capital One
Principal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 7, 2016
Great company to work for. :-) Capital One not only values the Customer's but also values the Employees. Flexible scheduling that allows for a Work/Life balance. I would recommend Capital One to my family and friends as an Employer and Financing company.
Productive and Never a dull moment
Process Engineer- Claim Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 7, 2016
A typical day is fun, diversed, and quite busy if you are in the right area. There is never a dull moment when problem solving and working to find the right solution. Collaboration amongst the employees is something you will always see at Capital One.
It okay
Sr Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 5, 2016
Capital One is an okay place to work my most enjoyment came from the people around. very good benefits, only problem was the management and job security. your job was constantly at risk over a metric that you cant control NPS
benefits
Cons
bad managment
Enjoying and Rewarding
Personal Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA 23060December 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this job because I was able to work from home and build a relationship with my coworkers and managers. I loved the benefits and perks. I was able to apply my own personality to conversations and think outside the box when assisting customers.
Hard working job
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chester, VADecember 5, 2016
Hard working job.There was not too much interaction with some of the management, especially people that you would report under. Management seemed as if some of the employees were not as important as others.
The greatest place to work.
Fraud Resolutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 3, 2016
I have retired from Capital One with 17 years of service. Capital One is a very family first company. I really enjoyed working for this company. It's a fun company.
Pros
Family first and treat employees with respect.
Cons
To many lay offs.
Management only cares about the company numbers
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LADecember 3, 2016
As a teller the company forces you to sell the products that Capital One has to offer to every single customer. Even though bankers are working within the branches they still require tellers to do so. Basically your playing a teller role and banker as well but don't get paid as much as they do. They also have a high turnover rate.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally and holidays off
Cons
Short breaks and very demanding
Great company with a great culture!
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2016
Capital One has a great culture for their employees. They believe in a work/life balance. The Richmond Va campus is amazing!
very nice place to work
Bilingual Risk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 2, 2016
good place to work, very balance the company does care about their employees meaning they feed you ( I know right) and do many other activities that include their employer and families.
retail
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDDecember 1, 2016
my experience working at sprint was the best. my best times were there and i enjoyed the family environment while there everything was awesome from emplyees to management
Great Company
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Capital One Bank is a great company with a lot of opportunity for growth. If you care about having work and personal life balance this is the company for you.
Productive, & Employee friendly
Opps Production Coordinater (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaNovember 30, 2016
Very Productive, & Employee Friendly. Great place to grow with in the company.

A place you can enjoy as well as have a comfortable work environment.

Very well respected company that has the potential to go further, and further.
Pros
Very well compinsated
Cons
A lot of lay offs.
Teller
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2016
Capital One has great culture, and you can meet a lot of great people working here. Balancing work and life when working for capital one is a challenge. Job Security varies, I for one do not feel 100% secure. As far as management, i been working there for a year and a half i already had 3 managers.
Pros
Culture, Co-workers
Cons
Pay, Work life balance
consistent work days with lots of extracurricular benefits
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 29, 2016
From day to day, the job is pretty consistent. On the phone servicing high value credit card customers. I work a ten hour day. In my history with capital one there have been many focus sessions on handling different types of customers, ways to change your communication style etc to help you excel to the very best of your ability. The hardest part of the job is the monotony. Though the culture is always changing, quality assurance expectations, incentive changes, etc, at the end of the day the job is still the same and can grow tiring. The things I enjoy most are the people and the extras. We have team outings quarterly, snack carts, merchandise, and competitions to keep things lively and interesting. The benefits are also phenomenal.
Pros
free food, good benefits, contests, merch, team outtings
n/a
Vault/Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 28, 2016
• Actively listen to customer needs and offer appropriate education of products and services to prevent churn.
• Respond real time to customer Inbound questions and problems.
• Make outbound calls to touch base with new customers, determine if satisfied or need help, and ensure the customer is satisfied with their new installation.
• Utilize resources to upsell and explain competitive edge.
Great people
SENIOR ADVOCACY COORDINATOR (CORE) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2016
What a amazing company to stand with as well as my currently company. Only relocated due to the location and drive from my residence.
Didn't like being on the phones.
Fraud Investigator Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 27, 2016
Staff was great, job position not so much. Didn't like being in the call center and on the phones all day. Much rather communicate with clients in person or through email.
Working ar Capital One
SENIOR RISK COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chester, VANovember 27, 2016
It was an absolute pleasure to work at Capital One. I have nothing negative to say. Working with my co-workers was a wonderful experience. Most of management was very supportive and available when I needed them. The best part of the job was helping a customer overcome challenges and giving them hope. I've learned to trust my own abilities from my experiences working here.
Pros
Morale, Work life balance, benefits
Cons
Job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.