Capital One
1,173 reviews

Capital One Employer Reviews

Great employer despite quirks
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 15, 2014
Pros: people centric, ability to move around the company, great pay
Cons: competition can be overzealous, black-hole departments you can't move on from
Capital One is one of the best companies i've ever worked for. The pay is great and the mobility within the company is impressive depending on the department you enter.

if you're unfortunate enough to enter a bad department, then your upward and lateral mobility can and will suffer. it's unfortunate but possible to end up in a black hole department – more... and the only way to move up financially is to leave the company.

Cap One creates an environment based around competition. Sometimes this competition can get out of hand and there aren't many safeguards to prevent this.

overall, if you end up in a good department, this is the kind of company that can be very rewarding to it's employees. – less
Exceptional talent, great people
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 15, 2014
Exceptional talent, great people, strong teamwork. Overall very healthy work environment.
Overall a fun place to work
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDApril 15, 2014
Pros: upbeat fun atmosphere
Cons: managers have to manually track attendance, and do all qas
Phone assoc enjoy the no handle time restrictions and fun atmosphere. As a manager I was responsible for making sure assoc had the info and supplies they needed.
Good place to work... for now.
Mortgage Closer (Current Employee), Plano, TexasApril 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many unnecessary changes
from a current employee...

They said they were looking at PTO being even across the floor. Not my fault if someone wants to use PTO instead of making up time. That should be up to the employee. Cap one prides itself on being one of the best places to work & how they take care of their employees and all this stuff, yet they keep making changes that – more... are not Employee friendly! – less
Very Productive Invironment
Check Processor (Former Employee), Richmond, VirginiaApril 11, 2014
Pros: got to learn different things
Cons: temporary agency, job ended
Fast paced invironment, limited supervision, had to maintain a certain quota.
Slow death
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Richmond VaApril 10, 2014
Most peers were great folks to work with!
Management was terrible.
I learned that there is no loyalty from Capital One
Productive, serious, steady job.
Teller II (Former Employee), Union City, NJApril 9, 2014
Lots of experience. customer services is a must. Fast paced job. Team work eviroment.
Capital One a good place to work
Mortgage Underwriter/Sr Loan Processor (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
The management was good and I enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part was the always changing the systems
Good Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 5, 2014
Pros: work/ life balance, generous time off, good place to work
Cons: expectations can be unrealistic for managers at times
Capital One is really a good place to work. The pay is competitive, the time off package is more than most get, and the hours are good. The ONLY downside that I could mention is that some of the managers expect too much from their supervisors, but I think that is anywhere you go really.
Enjoyable Environment With Constant Learning and Improvement
FRAUD ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great work life balance, incentives based on performance
Cons: n/a
Expected to follow policies and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and to adhere to line of business regulations. Always had support from upper management and coworkers to continue development for higher roles or more responsibilities that aligned with business needs. The ability to help those in need and protect those who were victims were – more... fraud was rewarding but unfortunately we aren't able to help everyone which was the hardest part about the career path. – less
Dynamic and Challening work place
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee), RICHMOND VAApril 4, 2014
I like the culture and the people. The management is very supportive of the employees and giving stretch roles to grow.
Best Place to Work
Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaApril 3, 2014
Collected payments over phone with customers, Set up payment arrangements to bring account current, Providing any information on the loan status with customer, and made sure that calls routing to wrong department where sent to the correct department.
Chaos and projects in the RED!
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: updated technology, fast paced
Cons: work environment may not be for everyone, projects are always in red
If you like the college campus type of setting, then this is a great place to work. If you like structure and your own desk, you will hate working at Capital one. All projects are constantly in the RED and there are too many project managers who run around not knowing what they are doing. They are constantly hiring and firing contractors and the associates – more... (FT workers) all take advantage of coming an going at any hours they want to "because they can" is their attitude. – less
daily day
Teller (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJApril 1, 2014
Pros: working hours, and work inviroment.
Cons: pay raises
My most enjoyable part of working here, was problem solving. A typical day as a Teller was processing transactions in a timely manner. Also trying to identified any needs for the clients so we can refer them to different products that Capital One Bank had to offer. Refering was a big part of our daily work at the bank.
Nice work envirnment
Credi Card fraud rep (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2014
Enjoyed the social atmosphere. The staff always took the time to answer questions
Challenging job with rewarding opportunities
Claims Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 1, 2014
Pros: performance incentives, great onsite amenities
Cons: working evenings and weekends
The position was 100% customer service, taking incoming calls. Every day and every call was different and required deep knowledge of bank operations and banking regulations. The hardest part of the job was giving customers information they were not happy about. The most rewarding part of the job was helping people in trouble.
Productive and educational work from home
Credit Card Account Manager (Former Employee), FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: encounter every kind of person, pay and benefits, learned much about financial companies and banking processes
Cons: working from home, stuck in one position with a headset on for 10 hours
An average day consisted of working on multiple monitors and systems while answering incoming calls with questions and requests all across the spectrum. This position allowed me to speak to random people all day from all over which really helped me to further develop my multitasking and problem solving while still conquering language barriers and building – more... trust. I worked from home so I did have co-workers that I communicated with over instant messenger to as well as occasional over the phone meetings but I really missed the face to face interaction with my co-workers as well as being able to be physically active. Sitting for 10 hours a day was no easy task for me. I like to keep busy and when business is not busy I like to be able to proactively do things that need to be done. With my previous position I was stuck in my seat waiting for a call. Management was always in the back watching and listening to ensure we are providing excellent customer service while still properly providing the correct information and completing the right tasks. I am very open to constructive criticism. I believe allowing another person to evaluate the job being done is very productive and important. It gives the opportunity for all parties involved to help develop as well as continue learning and striving to make improvements in any way possible. – less
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Customer Service (Former Employee), irving, txApril 1, 2014
Was a previous employee & loved it hated to go. Would love to return back to them. They are the BEST bank to work for they really love their employees.
Good Experience in a New Industry
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 31, 2014
Pros: teammates
Cons: answering phones
* answering incoming phone calls to provide a great customer experience
* i have learned the call center environment and culture
* Management for the most part has been a challenge. My first three managers were asked to pursue other career choices for non-performance choices. Currently have a manager that is an amazing train that I am learning from.
* – more... I enjoy my co-workers, they collaborate like a team and care for each other on a personal level.
* The hardest part of my job is to do nothing but answer the phone all day when I used to multi-tasking all day long.
* The most enjoyable part of my job is my achievements – less
Good Job
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 30, 2014
Pros: short breaks and health care
Cons: sitting in one place long periods of time.
Call center environment. I learned how to handle all types of customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best – Read more