Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 3,056 reviews matching the search
Productive workplace with a ping pong table
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 11, 2017
Daily intake of customer calls and being a problem solver and solution finder for customers issues. The management team was always available to help and assist with questions. The team oriented culture made it an exciting place to work and thrive. Hardest part of the job was not being able to solve every customer's issue or solve their problem within a certain timeframe. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the positive impact I had on the customers that called and I was able to use my customer service skills.
Pros
Lots of Company activities and Team oriented events.
Cons
Demanding of time, work home life balance almost non existence.
Very diverse place to work with excellent benefits.
Dispute Intake & Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2017
Capital One is a very diverse company with great people to work with. They provide excellent benefits and flexible in terms of wok/life balance. Never a dull moment and plenty of opportunities to advance into different roles or job functions. Capital One is dedicated in advancing its associates by offering various career development programs and training. They are willing to support all associates in their career development whether it is to advance in Capital One or outside of Capital One.
Pros
Flexible schedules and free career development programs.
Cons
Would like to see moreoff phone back office positions become available.
productivity
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 17, 2017
• Received 60+ calls from customers, employers, and auto dealerships verifying Credit Bureau information and auto contracts
• Received calls from CarMax Stores; assisting with loan approvals, credit reviews, and vehicle verification
• Assist CarMax Stores with structuring issues ie. SSN Discrepancies, SSN Mismatch, along with sending out manual approvals and declines
• Responsible for verifying and calculating income/employment documents
Pros
Vacation days
Cons
Compensation
Wonderful place to work
Fraud Prevention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19801February 1, 2017
Capital One definitely deserves a top spot on the best places to work list. Everyone there was friendly and open to ideas. They encouraged learning and career advancement (even if it was outside of the company!). The typical day was usually etched out for you the moment you got to work and you could always reach out to your management team or your peers if you were confused about something. The whole place felt like one big family and I was extremely sad to have to say goodbye when I decided to finish getting my MBA.
Pros
Flexible work environment, great benefit offers, training is wonderful
Cons
Pay seems a little on the cheap side, benefits can be costly if you're not careful
Relationship Banker
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2017
Like most jobs you will have good days and bad days. You can move up with Capital One and get a promotions. People that work there are all great and you will feel like you are with family. The only downside is I feel that they will work you, and then find a reason to get rid of you. Make sure to dot all your i's and cross all your t's. The paperwork is very, very important but is crucial during bank audits.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Work very very hard otherwise your paycheck will be small
Great company to work for. They care about their employees as they care about their customers
Operations Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILFebruary 7, 2017
Capital One trains their employees well and they want their employees to succeed. They have great incentives. They often have volunteer events that employees can be a part of and are taken into account at year end evaluations. I really enjoyed the workplace culture and how management wanted everyone to feel comfortable and for everyone to enjoy being at work.
Good place to work; fun and productive atmosphere
Learning Manager/Senior Learning Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 17, 2017
The culture at Capital One is excellent: open and collaborative. Upper management is very strong and forward looking. Most of the managers are very strong as well. As in any company, you have some people that aren't quite as effective as others, but overall Capital One has more than its share of excellent people. The workspace in Plano TX is wonderful, open and accessible. Many great perks and facilities. Benefits are excellent.
Pros
Beautiful campus in Plano TX, full gym, 2 great cafeterias, free health clinic
Cons
Work/life balance can suffer under some circumstances
i had no life
RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 17, 2017
if you enjoy consistently working with a skeleton crew,
working 10 to 11 hour days while getting yelled at by customers because there aren't enough people working and having your performance be evaluated by surveys sent to those very customers then this is the place for you. This was a very depressing place to work.
Pros
a steady paycheck
Cons
no work/life balance, performance based on customer surveys you are setup to fail by not having enough staff
A peoples bank
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Capital One was a great company, They care about the employees and are always looking at ways to help you advance.

I worked in the retail banking side of the company.

If you like to deal with the public and like to problem solve you will not be disappointed. Job tasks included, but not limited to, opening accounts, submitting loan applications and increasing the companies footprint within the community.

Management was always looking for ways to promote or to use your strengths to their fullest.
A day at work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hewlett, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Everyday I go to work with a goal and that is to make an impact on peoples lives. A typical day at work for me is busy and laughing and getting to know my customers and providing them with the best service as soon as they walk into the branch. I love my team and the way we communicate amongst each other and help each other out, I learned that without teamwork you can't learn to be a leader, to be a leader you need a team and with the right team anything is possible.
Great Work Culture
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 19, 2017
I came to Capital One from the public service sector, and the transition was an easy one. My experience has been very positive and the people have been one of the best parts of my new career. I have learned a great deal about network security and cyber intelligence in what feels like the blink of an eye. Anyone who applies for this wonderful company will enjoy the diversity and work groups that provide mentorship and support.
Great place to work. Inclusive culture. Surrounded by smart people.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 7, 2017
Capital One is a great place in many ways. There is a very inclusive culture, the environment is predominantly casual but still professional, and there is no shortage of very intelligent and experienced peers to call on. My one word of caution is that it can be difficult to get new ideas off the ground, so if you are an impatient person or prefer a workplace where a good idea gets immediate support, this might not be the best place for you.
Don't do it.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 8, 2017
Your life has to be scheduled around work because the schedule changes constantly. The lead tellers have napoleon complexes and will try to screw you over when you least expect it. If you're part time, you won't ever have a chance to be full time as a teller, they don' t hire full time tellers anymore. Most of the branches are being converted to service centers soon, so a lot of people will lose their jobs. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Banking hours.
Cons
Everything.
This Is A Dream Job!
Titles Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Capital One goes above and beyond to be the premiere employer. Great benefits, great pay, and comfort. You get regular training modules that you can complete from your desk. There's a break area near every department that includes vending machines, a varieties of teas, cider, hot chocolate, and coffee. Each building has a cafeteria that serves a different menu daily and emphasizes healthy choices. There's a gym on campus for employees. There's so much available to make you glad you work for this company.
It was a profession and warm environment.
Specialty Loan Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work was- busy and productive.

What I learned was - Accurately generate high volume of basic loan documents in accordance with loan approval procedures

 Ensure that new loans and renewals are closed in compliance with both Bank and government loan policies

 Prepare and review necessary instructions and documentation for Operations / Funding; verify submitted information to expedite transfers, payments and fees

 Verify loan transactions to Corporate Systems and Loan Systems to ensure accuracy and operational compliance

Worked with The IT team in special projects assisted in conversion data base system to another. As helped to debug and issues that came up
Productive & Fun Work Place
Advanced Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VirginiaJanuary 4, 2017
Very casual work environment, with a face pace. This company has great benefits, and gives you ample opportunities to learn new skills and move up the ladder. Capital One has a very diverse staff and a very welcoming and friendly vibe. The company also gives back to the community a lot and supports great organizations locally as well and nationally. It is a great career to help build your customer service and relation skills and give you great experience dealing with a very vast client base.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Casual Work Environment
Cons
Mass Lay Offs
New Products Developer
New Products Developer/Senior Risk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 24, 2017
Responsible for testing of re-loadable gift cards. Provided feedback to the solicitations group to determine the effectiveness of the mailing piece and the call in response rate. Recognition of development. Management and supervisors and leads were all willing to help and direct you in any issue of the processes.
Pros
Management was always open and helpful
Cons
The company left Idaho
Regular day as Fraud Supervisor at Capital One
Fraud Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2016
I would always come to work excited because I knew that with every call that I received I may potentially catch a fraudster attempting to steal one of our clients personal information and be able to save our company money in a few different ways. I learned how to use any situation to my advantage so that I can efficiently finish my job whether the customer was angry or happy. The hardest part of the job was to determine if the personal we were speaking to was the actual client or the fraudster. The most enjoyable part of the position was the satisfaction of preventing fraud and sometimes through our investigation even put people in jail for their crimes.
Good Company
Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 15, 2017
Good company to work for who value their employees.

The pay is competitive with others in the industry and opportunities for growth are open to all

The culture is great. Hard working but laid back.

New management team is very open to new ideas and is constantly seeking ways to improve employee experience.

Job is the same ever day but this is made interesting by delivering to different customers everyday
Kinda hated it
Teller (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 21, 2016
The branch was like a clique. If you went against their way of thinking you were an outcast. You wont make it long there if you don't network (know someone). Mostly everyone knows everything about everyone. Management is never great, they care more about the sales than about the employees and will look for reasons to fire you if you aren't bringing in major sales.
Pros
Great holiday parties, getting paid for training, 401k for all employees, bonuses are great
Cons
Poor management, poor leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.