Capital One
1,949 reviews

Capital One Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Universal Branch Associate (Current Employee), LacombeMay 22, 2015
I have very much enjoyed working for Capital One. They are a wonderful company to work for. They have great benefits and I enjoy working with the team that I have. I have learned a great deal on finances from them and it has overall helped me with getting my own personal finances together. I was very ecstatic to have joined the company back in 2013 as a part time teller. There are definitely opportunities of growth and advancement. After a year of being a teller, I was promoted to a Universal Branch Associate and look forward to my career growth with them over the years. I recommend anyone to work for them. I have had no problems with management. Even if my manager is not available, I know there is someone always there to help rather it be at a different branch or one of my associates.
Fun place to work
Flex Team Leader (Current Employee), Chester,VaMay 22, 2015
Happy to have been with this organization for 15 years. Great benefits and compensation. Great work life balance. Not much of an opportuity for advancment. Complete diversified workplace.
Excellent Place to Work
Senior Level Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Time Off Options, Management Assistance
Cons: Excessive Change
Working at Capital One Bank is excellent. The Management is very personable and willing to assist with the day to day activities of being a Rep. I have learned much regarding banking interest rates, the order in which charges are debited/credited from an account and also how to dispute transactions properly. My Co-workers are a joy to work with and they maintain a professional decorum on the banking floor. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is coming into work knowing that I am changing the lives of customers. The hardest part of the job to me is leaving at the end of the work day.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: Company fun days once a month and overtime
Cons: Favoritism
I would come in to office on time, greet all my peers, turn on my desktop, once I was set, I would start taking calls from customers who needed help to reinstate their auto loans from repossession. The hardest part of the job was to be very patient with customers. You have to have great listening skills and patience to de escalate most calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a great team to work with, knowing they will always be there for support and suggest better ways to solve and improve the customer experience.
Good Place to work
Senior Database Engineer (Current Employee), NYC, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Nothing
I had fun working in Capital One. Very good atmosphere and friendly support from every one who works in Capital one.

My project Manager is an awesome person, very supportive and helpfull during hard times.
NOT A FUN WORKPLACE
Teller (Former Employee), BATON ROUGE, MILLERVILLEMay 19, 2015
Pros: GREAT BENEFITS, GREAT HOURS
Cons: STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT, GOALS ARE HARD TO REACH
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS MANAGING MONEY AND ASSISTING CUSTOMERS
IVE LEARNED HOW TO MANAGE LARGE AMOUNTS OF CASH AT A TIME
MANAGEMENT WAS NICE, BUT TO THEMSELVES
CO-WORKERS ALL SEEMED TENSE AT WORK
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS TO STAY IN COMPLIANCE, AND KEEP A BALANCED REGISTER
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS BEING OFF ON HOLIDAYS AND GETTING OFF AROUND 5:30 EVERYDAY
Outstanding Opportunity
Risk Operations Coach (Former Employee), Houston, TxMay 19, 2015
I join Capital One in 2006. I worked with a great management team, who allowed my to train in several areas on a continuous basis. I was able to travel to other regions to advance my career. I enjoyed my staff and colleagues. The most rewarding part of my job was to volunteer and share my knowledge to young children. The most difficult part was being laid off.
productive
QA Analyst (Former Employee), CAMay 19, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Great Benefits
Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee), Chester, VAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Fitness Center
Cons: Hard to change schedule
Capital One is a great place to work if you have a great manager. There is some favoritism, but that probably happens everywhere.
All work no play
Teller (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: well known company
Cons: stressful environment
This was one of the lowest paying jobs I've ever worked for. I was completing so many tasks so well they kept throwing on more responsibility and for the same low pay. Extremely nerve-racking never knowing when could actually be your last day. Between a penny difference and how many notices you have it made me have high blood pressure I was only 21.
Fast pace exciting place to work.
Teller Supervisor / Lead Teller II (Former Employee), Harvey, LaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great hours, Holidays off
Cons: Working your vacation schedule around your Saturday schedule.
After entering and setting up all my employee for the day work. I lead a 15 minute morning meeting. This was designed to encourage employees and make sure we were being safe as the day progress. Safety skill and role play was taught in these meeting. Everyday I discuss a different topic to present in the meeting. My employee was also allowed to ask for different topics to be discussed. Throughout the remaining day I assist all the tellers and customers with any problems.
Fun, energetic work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fenton, MOMay 18, 2015
Pros: early hours, weekend off
Cons: Commute
Opened and maintained customers' accounts by recording and updating account information, Verifies invoices, account numbers keep all records. Learned excellent customer relations skill.Management provided uplifting postive attiudes and support. Co-workers worked together to insure all shifts were adequately staffed. The hardest part of the job was making sure all customers were satified while following policy and procedures. The most enjoyable Interacting with customers and providing excellent customer services.
They are jerks!
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: They have a very nice facility.
Cons: Everything else! They're snobs there! Complete jerks! Doesn't pay you you're worth.
The managers are very rude & snobbish. They don't pay you your worth. I dropped down from previously making $15/hr to only $13.25 as a 14 year CSR. I walked out on them. The managers lie on you, plot against you & act like they're better you. They're pretty much the same in general if you're a customer as well.
customer service is KEY
Senior Inbound Customer Representative (Former Employee), Laurel, MDMay 15, 2015
call center environment , answer calls dealing with customer accounts and assisted with whatever was needed. updated accounts,,learned to be a Good team leader, open and closed accounts
Growth opportunities vary by team; there were none on my team.
Sr. Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 15, 2015
Experience is very team / leader dependent. You could end up in a good / bad team. The forced rating curve does not promote real team-work - it is very superficial.
Very fast paced and competitive
Scrum Master, Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 15, 2015
Very competitive. Lot of type A personalities. Which pushes employees to be better. Very open to feedback and communication and escalation.
Nice environment, great monthly bonuses!
Customer Service Banker (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, fun comfortable environment.
Cons: Long holds to reach some departments, inconsistent information from some managers.
A typical day at work was answering various questions regarding customer's accounts, resolving issues, educating customers on banking processes and products. I worked with wonderful, helpful co-workers and a great manager. I learned that no matter how difficult a customer or call may have been, every call must be greeted with a smile. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a supportive team, receiving great bonuses when meeting our goals and effort the company put forth to provide fun activities, movies, parties and other fun activities for its employees.
It was a good work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2015
it was very repediditve job, every day was the same. i didnt learn much there it was a comman Customer Service Call Center Job.
It was an experience
Online Banking Technical Support (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 13, 2015
It was different,different culture and dress code. I think some people get work wear and club wear confused, including foot wear. This was my first call center job , there were lot of changes, now I'm ready for a change, that does not involve finance.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Staying busy
Cons: Management
Typical work day is busy with work and many meetings. I did learn Clarity. Management all depends on who you work for. Co-works are friendly and helpful. The hardest part is all the meetings. Most enjoyable is the culture

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One Financial Corporation, incorporated in July 21, 1994, is a diversified banking company focused primarily on consumer – Read more

Capital One Salaries