Capital One

2.2K reviews

Capital One Employee Reviews

Overall good experience
Universal Branch Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: hours and benefits
Cons: have to network alot
Great hours, great benefits, great work life balance, difficulty in moving around company outside of retail banking side
IT Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 31, 2015
Working for Capital One has been a great experience. The management that I have been associated with have made it a wonderful experience. We have always been allowed to do the job that we were assigned without being micro-managed. The environment is first class. Capital One provides everything that you need on the work campus. There is a gym, medical center, cafeteria's and many other things to make your work environment top notch.
fraud detection
Senior Fraud Detection Coordinator (Current Employee), Tigard, ORAugust 30, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: poor management
Capital One colleagues are some of the best I have worked with. Managers are stressed out and often self oriented. The CEO is worried more about stock price than providing jobs.
Productivity is fun
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 29, 2015
You have the opportunity to mentor others clip up in your career.

One of the challenges of the work is searching through database for
flagings
Most enjoyable part of the job is ability to serve other people
Management is up and doing at all times
Positive
Fraud detection Coordinator (Current Employee), Tigard OrAugust 29, 2015
Pros: quarterly team outings
Cons: none
I enjoyed working here very much, great company to work for. Lots of great perks, incentives, company paid team outings, free lunches, pay incentives.
Senior Manager | Information Security (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: work load
Extremely value work flexibility. CEO is visionary. Company has experienced phenomenal growth from monolithic card company to a diversified financial institute today, weathering through multiple crisis like the MOU and real estate bubble.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), DallasAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Its a job
Cons: the job
Repossession...its not fun. The customers are rude and then you have to deal with managers and co workers. The overall experience was not worth my time but it did provide me with a check
Worked on the Cyber Crime Team
Clerical Associate III (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAAugust 26, 2015
Cons: Everything is just bad about this place
Worst place in the world to work! Capital One in the Richmond, VA offices promote discrimination, hostile work environments, fraud and abuse of policies as well as illegal means of obtaining information to obtain evidence for fraud cases. Capital One discriminates against individuals with disabilities as well as transgender/gay/lesbian individuals. Management is very young, unprofessional, and ignorant to be frank. It's like they took kids from Best Buy and said - HEY, want to be a manager? Horrible environment to work in as it's a 'gotcha' type attitude and cubes are designed so the managers of each section can over see each individuals monitor, phones and desk area. State EEOC supports Capital One because they are a large employer, thus, they will not support any legal claims against them.
Great company to work for
Swap my Card Coordinator (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, celebrations of department accomplishments, and being valued for doing a great job.
Cons: Better hours for all people and better hourly wage.
My typical day at work involved talking with customers and assisting them with various upgrades, changes, concerns etc on their credit card accounts. I learned how to deal with people concerns in a respectful and kind way. I have some kind, caring managers and co-workers that will be missed. The hardest part of my job involved not being able to complete every request my customers wanted because it may not have been available to them at the time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my wonderful co-workers. I formed many close relationships and those great people will be missed. I also enjoyed being able to help many customers to make their lives work better.
Great Culture
Certified Scrum Master | IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2015
If you like a very challenging, fast paced, and dynamic environment then this is the place for you. The culture and the people are the best part.
Productive, Competitive, and Cultural work space.
Teller (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 26, 2015
-Based on my location it starts off busy then slows down in the middle of the day and picks up in the last two hours of the day
- theres alot of room to network in Capital One, you will learn alot from you customers
-Management is all about making numbers as long as you make referrals management are happy
-Over all i met alot of get personalities at my branch in Capital One
-The hardest part of Capital One is scheduling it is very hard to go to school and work with Capital One Management depending on who can be very harsh on working around school schedules
-Co-workers made the job alot of fun as well as management
Performance Improvement workplace.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), St. Cloud, MNAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Bonus, invested in employee health and wellness, onsite gym, remote access available
Cons: Medical coverage was expensive with high deductibles
I fully enjoyed my time working at ING Direct / Capital One. I had many opportunities and continued to constantly learn in an environment based on technology.
The company cares about the associates
Principal Ops Production Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Associate Ranking
The company cares about the associates. Good benefits. Enjoyed working with different departments within the company. The company is very big on job work vs life balance.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Operations Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Gym, Full cafe'
Cons: healthcare, low pay scale
Capitone is a fun place to work with supportive management.
Management pushes you grow and move up within the company, I enjoyed working with my colleagues and management team. I've been with the company for over 7 years and i'm just wanting to do something new and different and more challenging. But I love my job it has by far been the best job ive ever had.
Great company to work with. Very diverse environment and still create a family mentality. Learning Center is top notch!
Area Sales Manager - Houston/Beaumont (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great environment, great training, great communication, great base salary
Cons: Pay should be based on salary, because commission changes monthly.
Great company to work for. They have a competitive salary plus bonus compensation. They strive for staying competitive and making needed changes in order to achieve customer satisfaction. They analyze and test before implementing any change. Thus, keeping them profitable. The work environment is very diverse and the company creates a unified work family. Their learning center is always creating exciting methods to keep their employees on top of the game!
Extremely productive, team-oriented environment
Ops Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAAugust 24, 2015
Capital One is by far THE best employer that I've had the pleasure of working with. Capital One has a way of making you feel like a part of the family and whether you're an employee or a customer, you truly are a part of Capital One's family. This is one employer that values its employees as much as it values it customers.
good place to work
SPARK Business Coordinator, Spark Business (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: not able to change s chedule
its a good place to work.s the end howeever, began getting call center burn out I really don't want to talk about it anymore. please let me just apply for this job
Ok workplace depending on manager
Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: salary is promised but not fullfilled
Everything is repetitive and constant change with employees including procedures. Management is not very helpful. Co workers tend to make the day difficult when not needed.
capital One
Loss Mitigation Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 21, 2015
Great Company to be apart of. I do believe they could treat their Contractors better. I was there as a Contractor, my representative from staffing agency had meeting with my manager at Capital One, she told him i was doing a great job. The coming Friday was my last day, no warning or anything. My opinion is they could handle that better in future. I honestly believe they told my agency that the job was temp to perm when in actuality, they wanted me only until an FTE employee came back from leave. Overall great company, great benefits, full time employess had great things to say about it and i would love to work for Capital One again, as a full time employee.
Big corporation with many different areas
Teller (Former Employee), Keller, TXAugust 21, 2015
Working in the banking part of Capital One when it was first entering the banking side of the business was smooth and organized. Did not work there long as most of my position was under the previous owner.
Headquarters