Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 3,831 reviews matching the search
easy and fast
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2017
It was pretty easy to set up account and start sending applications!!! Building resume was simple. Site is easy to read and view job decriptions. Will recommend.
Capital One Review - 3/5
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Capital One. I liked working with the people and our customer base was excellent. I did not like the hours and the push to sale.
A very good company to work for and very diverse
Sr. Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
Capital One is good company to work for with lots of diverse individuals within. The benefits are great and most of the managers are awesome. There is a lot of flexibility available for individuals that need to balance their everyday life with work. The company works really well with assisting their employees the best way they can to accommodate each persons needs. There are lots of fun days the company allows for each department, awards, certificates, and just to make your work day pleasant. The position I currently hold can be very stressful and challenging but I love a challenge. I currently work in a department that provides benefits to our service members and their families. Overall Capital One is a great place to work.
Pros
Team outings, mid year and end of year raffles, free pop up lunchs from time to time and fun dress up days.
Cons
Can be very stressful. Lack of communication at tims
Constant Change/Growth
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
Company seems in constant flux in both positive and negative ways. People interact widely across locations and departments and strong personal branding via websites.
Pros
Change
Cons
Change
What's in your wallet
Fraud Intake Coordinator/ Fraud Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 23, 2017
This the best company that I have ever got fired from. If you are lucky enough to get a manager that truly cares and motivates you, then success will follow as long as you do the work. If you get a manager that cares only about covering themselves then you are apart of the 85% population there. Policies and procedures change too often. If you become stressed easily, this is not the place for you, you will die from a heart attack or stroke. If you can tolerate abuse (customer and internal), lack of security, and total chaos, this is a perfect match.
Pros
Team Outings, Pay with Bonus
Productive and excellent work environment
Service Member Civil Relief Act, SCRA (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 23, 2017
Enjoyed going to work every day, culture and people were amazing to work with
Learned new things each day about the different products offered
Fun and enjoyable environment
Company makes you feel great about all you do with employee appreciation events from time to time
Management was amazing and enjoyable to work with
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 23, 2017
the atmosphere in the department I worked in was sometimes stressful. we worked together in a team environment. there was a lot support from management. I only worked there as a contractor for a short time but everyone there supported each other. I was not treated as an outsider. I was often thanked for being there and doing my job.
Pros
Loved the people and atmosphere
Cons
contract ended and would like to find permanent position
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 22, 2017
I worked in the auto refinance department and I loved every minute of it. If it paid a little more I'd probably still be there but definitely a great work environment with great people
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 22, 2017
Its a lovely place to work , good work culture great people and awesome place to learn new stuff. they are always doing something new and awesome. No CONS
Pros
Openness
Good Positive environment
SENIOR RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 22, 2017
Working with customers to resolve their debt
Workplace culture was diverse
flexible hours
good benefits
bonus opportunity
friendly helpful team environment
Great Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 21, 2017
Positive help from all coworkers and peers. Wonderful atmosphere with great amenities. I could always ask for help if there was a question or concern that I had.
it was okay
Bank Teller I (Former Employee) –  Merrick, NY 11566June 21, 2017
IT WAS OK. they paid well and having paid time off is always a bonus. didnt really experience alot of oppurtunities to move up because they dont seem to hire in office often.
Great forward thinking company!
Senior Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 21, 2017
Great proactive forward thinking company! Awesome benefits, culture, work life balance with flexible working options. I would highly recommend both products, services and career opportunities.
Friendly environment with very supportive amazing co workers and lots of fun
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 21, 2017
My day at work use to be everyday excitement, challenging, get to learn new things, sometimes very busy hectic schedule to meet deadlines but feel refreshing with the beautiful office environment with supportive co workers and good team work. I get an opportunity to learn everyday new things which have broaden my knowledge and skills on new technical systems, new environment, tools etc. managers were very helpful, supportive and provides guidance if i need some help. they were very organized and managed everything in a smooth manner. workplace culture was quite different from the previous one but i still enjoyed working there. the harder part is when there are so many things to do at the same time and had to finish in short duration then it would be hard. I use to assist to developer sometimes in retesting when defects were found. The most enjoyable part is after the product is ready to release to the market or client.
My overall experience in this company was awesome. This experience really helped me in empowering my testing skills.
Pros
supportive and good team work
Smart employees and great work-life balance
Data Analytics Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 21, 2017
The culture at Capital One is one of the best that I've ever witnessed. It is always enjoyable to work with talented and smart individuals that always strive for improvement. It is amazing to work for a financial company that puts technology at it's forefront.
great company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Queens Village, NYJune 21, 2017
Great company to work for under the correct management.They have awesome benefits and the hours have changed which gives you more time for yourself and loved ones
AMAZING place to work for
Senior Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. This company cares a lot about their employees and they are always willing to help when needed. I honestly cant say anything bad about this place.
Pros
free food, awesome break rooms
Cons
hours
Great
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 21, 2017
Everything is great about them. Fair pay and fair benefits. There is a huge growth opportunity. Many shifts to choose from. management is willing to help you succeed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
1st shift You get is night
Cutthroat culture
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 20, 2017
There is an insane amount of politics between managers, directors, and employees. The typical day is being yelled at on the phone to work on something, then getting a call at 1 am to get new requirements.
Cons
Management, culture.
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Working at capital one it gave me even more better experience in customer service. I learned a lot of things different that I didn't know before as well the knowledge of learning the programs that they were using was very interesting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.