Capital One Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,541 reviews matching the search
Great enviroment
Senior risk representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 28, 2016
Great company to work with. Love the activities and volunteer work that we are able to do within the company. I love being able to work with customers.
N/a
Senior Advocacy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
Great company to work for. Job/Life balance is not very good, but the benefits, and competitive pay are great. New department still a learning curve for management on Quality Assurance.
More than just a paycheck
Fraud Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
Capital One Tampa is a corporate call center. The pay is fair, the benefits are great! Everything you want from a job Capital One offers it, but you have to be able to tolerate back to back inbound calls your entire shift. If you don't like call center work this job isn't for you.
Change Banking for Good... Sometimes
Process Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 26, 2016
Capital One has a great philosophy of "Change Banking for Good", but executes poorly in its attempts towards reaching that goal. They aspire to be a digital leader, but their technology very rarely launches without major glitches. Tech support does not stick around to fix broken technology. Management tends to be very disorganized and self-seeking because the forced distribution ranking systems for evaluation and bonuses create constant internal competition. The atmosphere is very transaction and less personal. It's a large company that hires a large workforce, so many of these negative things are to be expected.
Pros
Benefits such as generous vacation and medical packages
Cons
Bonuses and salaries evaluation structure is terrible
Mortgage processing
UAT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 26, 2016
Overall C1 was a place to start a career but you should only be there short term. If you luck up and get a FAIR manager, which is rare that might be a good place for long term. I found that the GOOD managers do not stay any longer than 3 years and within that time frame the are looking for other opportunities. C1 is Fundamentally Flawed in their management style. Over the 4 1/2 years the department I was in had 10 managers/supervisor, maybe they relate that to change management. BUT they do have GREAT benefits...Best of luck....
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
working through lunch breaks but not compensated for it "LABOR LAW"
Good place to work, depending on line of business
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time a Capital One, many of the management worked hand in hand with associate. There were those that for either personal reason, or lack of training did not. Employee issues tended to take way to long to resolve adversely affecting bonuses.
Pros
Promotes positive culture
Cons
Bonus structure ever changing very subjective
This job was ok, but stressful
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 25, 2016
This place gave me a great education on how to be a collector, it's just that I refuse to be mean to anyone. I believe in respecting everyone. This place could have been better if we were just paid to do our job, and not by how much we collect. This job ended up closing down.
Pros
great pay, and overtime
Cons
issues with time off to handle business
poor management
Customer Service Coordinator Work at Home (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2016
Only work at home position that is worse than a call center environment. The ONLY perk to this position is the ability to work in pajamas. There is zero perks or flexibility to this job. Extremely poor management and no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
work in pajamas no commute
Cons
scheduling no flexiblity management rigid metrics
Capital One focuses on work/family balance
Senior Unit Manager - Capital One (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2016
Capital One is a great place to work. I managed up to 8 associates. I mentored and trained the associates on all job functions within my area. I was able to learn a great deal about researching legal issues, providing depositions and being a trial witness.
Benefits
Cons
Job layoffs
Performance Management Needs Work
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2016
The performance management system is more like a popularity contest. It does not reward those who work hard and have tenure. Rating and expectations are inconsistent from manager to manager and are completely subjective and not based on actual performance.
Pros
They feed you a lot
Cons
They expect long hours and work life balance is nada
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAApril 24, 2016
Capital One was a very good place to work. My co-workers were always there management was always there. I just want a different environment. Something smaller and more personable and of course more money. I was offered a large raise when I left Capital One to go to First National. The hardest part of this job was leaving my good customers. They all hated to see me go. The most enjoyable part of the job was my customers
Good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 23, 2016
amazing comp amazing perks amazing package

treating like you matter

elgfd;gnfz;nvcz;jghdf;jnvfds;gnfd;ghfjehsd;fvcxnb;dngfdgn;rsdfbgdfs;jgh's
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 22, 2016
Capital One is great company to work for. The job can be repetitive. The company over all though is great. I like working with people and helping them and Capital One is a great place to do that.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Seating still
work balance
Sr. Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 22, 2016
Very hard to deal with certain managers and not knowing what attitude they will have day to day. Constant fear for your job on a daily basis when you are trying to do your best with what you have is very difficult.
Capital One
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 21, 2016
Great company to work for. has many options to work for, great for mothers or single parents. you get bonus based on the type of department you are in and tons of pto is offered
It's an okay place to work for depending on your manager
Sr. Risk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 21, 2016
If you give any push back, don't agree with something or ask questions when prior info given was incorrect all bets are off. You'll be perceived as unprofessional and combative which is unfair.
Cons
no room for advancement, no work life balance, company doesn't care for its employees
excellent place to learn
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2016
This is good place to work with highly professional team.
Management is great. I learned how to deal with difficult situation when it comes to stake holders.
loved working for this company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 21, 2016
Very professional environment, friendly co-workers, laid back atmosphere where you wanted to go to work everyday, great benefits. This is a company anyone would love to work for they are very employee oriented.
Pros
Free lunches and awards
Cons
Some managers are difficult to work for
Great Company
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAApril 19, 2016
.Fantastic work/life balance
.Fun work environment, great company culture and values, corporate citizenship and volunteerism.
.Awesome people and opportunities for training and growth
.Good training program
.Great Management
Pros
great benefits, great company, holidays off and paid vacations
Great benefits/ great opportunity to advance
Teller/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Minden, LAApril 19, 2016
Loved my job. Great company to work for. Has a great benefit package and ample opportunity to be promoted within. Hours are doable, some Saturdays.