Capital One
1,956 reviews

Capital One Employee Reviews

nice people and work enviroment
Teller (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMay 25, 2015
I learned how to take payment for credit cards and automobiles. My teller supervisor was always there to help and show me little tips. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with and the atmosphere.
Very fun and productive workplace
Sr. Frontline Specialist - Customer Advocacy Team (Current Employee), Owasso, OKMay 24, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: N/A
I work on resolving escalated customer issues and the growth and development of our employees. I have learned the importance of providing excellent customer service and how to become a better leader within the workplace. We have a wonderful management team that focuses on providing their employees with the tools they need in order to effectively assist our customers while also helping guide their employees down the right path to achieve their personal career goals. There is nothing hard about my job and the most enjoyable part is the customer and employee focus.
Fantastic place to work!
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great work/life balance, benefits and PTO start immediately, get to work from home.
Cons: Sometimes the customers are really rude.
Capital One ensures a work/life balance so I was fortunate enough to be able to work from home in my position as a Customer Service Coordinator. Your benefits and PTO are available immediately. Management here really wants you to succeed and will provide support to help you further yourself within the company.
Innovative Financial Institution
Branch Manager Designee/Relationship Banker I (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 23, 2015
My typical day at work includes operational management and readiness, sales goals, approaches and strategies, conference calls as a way to report and measure progress, morning huddles to get the team fueled and mentally prepared for the day and mid-day debriefs to measure progress throughout the day.
Good people, good values
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 23, 2015
Good values and good job culture. Environment on the corporate campus is much better than the remote offices. Good benefits and good time off.
Fun place to work and lots of opertunity for advancement
Principal Coordinator (Former Employee), Pleno TexasMay 23, 2015
Pros: Everything you need is on campus
CapitalOne is a great place to work, the training is the best is some of best in the world. The campus is design with the employees in mind. You are able to go to lunch and see the doctor without leaving the campus
Interact with incoming customers from varied backgroud.
Teller I (Former Employee), Lake Providence, LAMay 23, 2015
Typical day is processing various types of transactions and balancing drawer at the end of the day. Benefits were great! Compensation was the only downfall.
Enjoyable
Universal Branch Associate (Current Employee), LacombeMay 22, 2015
I have very much enjoyed working for Capital One. They are a wonderful company to work for. They have great benefits and I enjoy working with the team that I have. I have learned a great deal on finances from them and it has overall helped me with getting my own personal finances together. I was very ecstatic to have joined the company back in 2013 as a part time teller. There are definitely opportunities of growth and advancement. After a year of being a teller, I was promoted to a Universal Branch Associate and look forward to my career growth with them over the years. I recommend anyone to work for them. I have had no problems with management. Even if my manager is not available, I know there is someone always there to help rather it be at a different branch or one of my associates.
Fun place to work
Flex Team Leader (Current Employee), Chester,VaMay 22, 2015
Happy to have been with this organization for 15 years. Great benefits and compensation. Great work life balance. Not much of an opportuity for advancment. Complete diversified workplace.
Excellent Place to Work
Senior Level Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Time Off Options, Management Assistance
Cons: Excessive Change
Working at Capital One Bank is excellent. The Management is very personable and willing to assist with the day to day activities of being a Rep. I have learned much regarding banking interest rates, the order in which charges are debited/credited from an account and also how to dispute transactions properly. My Co-workers are a joy to work with and they maintain a professional decorum on the banking floor. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is coming into work knowing that I am changing the lives of customers. The hardest part of the job to me is leaving at the end of the work day.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: Company fun days once a month and overtime
Cons: Favoritism
I would come in to office on time, greet all my peers, turn on my desktop, once I was set, I would start taking calls from customers who needed help to reinstate their auto loans from repossession. The hardest part of the job was to be very patient with customers. You have to have great listening skills and patience to de escalate most calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a great team to work with, knowing they will always be there for support and suggest better ways to solve and improve the customer experience.
Good Place to work
Senior Database Engineer (Current Employee), NYC, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Nothing
I had fun working in Capital One. Very good atmosphere and friendly support from every one who works in Capital one.

My project Manager is an awesome person, very supportive and helpfull during hard times.
NOT A FUN WORKPLACE
Teller (Former Employee), BATON ROUGE, MILLERVILLEMay 19, 2015
Pros: GREAT BENEFITS, GREAT HOURS
Cons: STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT, GOALS ARE HARD TO REACH
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS MANAGING MONEY AND ASSISTING CUSTOMERS
IVE LEARNED HOW TO MANAGE LARGE AMOUNTS OF CASH AT A TIME
MANAGEMENT WAS NICE, BUT TO THEMSELVES
CO-WORKERS ALL SEEMED TENSE AT WORK
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS TO STAY IN COMPLIANCE, AND KEEP A BALANCED REGISTER
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS BEING OFF ON HOLIDAYS AND GETTING OFF AROUND 5:30 EVERYDAY
Outstanding Opportunity
Risk Operations Coach (Former Employee), Houston, TxMay 19, 2015
I join Capital One in 2006. I worked with a great management team, who allowed my to train in several areas on a continuous basis. I was able to travel to other regions to advance my career. I enjoyed my staff and colleagues. The most rewarding part of my job was to volunteer and share my knowledge to young children. The most difficult part was being laid off.
productive
QA Analyst (Former Employee), CAMay 19, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Great Benefits
Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee), Chester, VAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Fitness Center
Cons: Hard to change schedule
Capital One is a great place to work if you have a great manager. There is some favoritism, but that probably happens everywhere.
All work no play
Teller (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: well known company
Cons: stressful environment
This was one of the lowest paying jobs I've ever worked for. I was completing so many tasks so well they kept throwing on more responsibility and for the same low pay. Extremely nerve-racking never knowing when could actually be your last day. Between a penny difference and how many notices you have it made me have high blood pressure I was only 21.
Fast pace exciting place to work.
Teller Supervisor / Lead Teller II (Former Employee), Harvey, LaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great hours, Holidays off
Cons: Working your vacation schedule around your Saturday schedule.
After entering and setting up all my employee for the day work. I lead a 15 minute morning meeting. This was designed to encourage employees and make sure we were being safe as the day progress. Safety skill and role play was taught in these meeting. Everyday I discuss a different topic to present in the meeting. My employee was also allowed to ask for different topics to be discussed. Throughout the remaining day I assist all the tellers and customers with any problems.
Fun, energetic work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fenton, MOMay 18, 2015
Pros: early hours, weekend off
Cons: Commute
Opened and maintained customers' accounts by recording and updating account information, Verifies invoices, account numbers keep all records. Learned excellent customer relations skill.Management provided uplifting postive attiudes and support. Co-workers worked together to insure all shifts were adequately staffed. The hardest part of the job was making sure all customers were satified while following policy and procedures. The most enjoyable Interacting with customers and providing excellent customer services.
They are jerks!
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: They have a very nice facility.
Cons: Everything else! They're snobs there! Complete jerks! Doesn't pay you you're worth.
The managers are very rude & snobbish. They don't pay you your worth. I dropped down from previously making $15/hr to only $13.25 as a 14 year CSR. I walked out on them. The managers lie on you, plot against you & act like they're better you. They're pretty much the same in general if you're a customer as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One Financial Corporation, incorporated in July 21, 1994, is a diversified banking company focused primarily on consumer – Read more

Capital One Salaries