Capital One
2,050 reviews

Capital One Employee Reviews

Great Place, depending on the department
MCP Technical Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Development Opportunities, Entry Level
Cons: Shady Management, Unreasonable Expectations from leadership
This is a great entry level place to begin your career.
Advancement is fast in the first couple years, however will plateau when you try to reach the next level. Leadership can get very comfortable with their position and directs, so internal advancement is slow or saved for friends of leaders.

There are great development opportunities available through COU. Suggest that anyone looking to start their career to apply, take advantage of the opportunities, leave for a few years, and come back to a higher paying role.
Work Place environment
Loan Servicing Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Owasson, OkJuly 3, 2015
Pros: This company takes care of the employees
Cons: High stress
Typical day consists of individual responsibilities and being a self starter and or motivated employee. Management are engaged in their employees and or team. Encouragement is the main key factor that managers have to obtain and sustain in their work environment. Co-worker can be very positive and a influential part of keeping the environment upbeat and positive energy flow of enthusiasm. The hardest part of the job is maintaining the deficit of bad debt unmanaged by customers who do not pay their bill on time before repossession occur and or is the end result. The most enjoyable part is the rewards of helping customers get through a difficult time of maintaining their payments on time.
Best job culture I have ever experienced
Principal Process Engineer Mortgage Servicing (Former Employee), Plano, txJuly 3, 2015
Pros: benefits, leadership, culture
Cons: challenging industry for banking due to regulatory changes
I learned how to lead through open and honest communications. I learned how to really live the company values and how they drove such a strong culture. My leaders cared about me and I was never fearful to tell them if I made a mistake. Every leader was willing to help me to grow and celebrate in my successes. In my 5 years at Capital One, I never had to fire a single associate. The hiring and screening process brought in the best talent. My coworkers would compete with me to obtain the best performance, but were always supportive and wanted me to succeed. Most of my coworkers are my friends. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with changes in regulations within the financial industry so that at Capital One we could change banking for good. With so many changes, managing the day to day operations to excellence was challenging.

Working at Capital One forever changed me. The values, the culture, the leaders, all walked the walk. I learned more at Capital One than at any other company Ive ever worked for.

They made all the difference because they truly care about their customers.
This place knows how to party
Sr. Coordinator Repo (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 3, 2015
The best part about this job was the food. I loved the fact that they always tried to keep employees engaged. Work is tough but you play and play hard.
Good Place to work but be prepared to make it your life.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, pay, worklife, easy going job enviroment, keeps busy
Cons: no leeway on anything else
It is a great place to work and the compensation is great, along with the people. But please be aware that you have to be dedicated to the job and nothing else, they don't really leave room for much family time or family emergency.
Excellent benefits and flexible work environment
Principal Process Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2015
Benefits are great. Flexible work schedules are a plus, but required to manage work/life balance. Change is a constant. Innovative and very fast paced.
The change is great
Sr. Scrum Master/ Coach (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 2, 2015
The Management started identifying the true potential of the team and was serving the team to help them become more successful.

Created Transperency in communication.
Enjoyed working with customers
Sr. Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2015
Enjoyed being able to assist agents with their work and working with team members. Nice place to work and enjoyed opportunity to learn and advance within the organization..
Great Company
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 1, 2015
At Capital One Bank, I had the opportunity to learn a lot, meet new people, and be able to perform my tasks comfortably. I process deposit, transfers, and payment in the teller line and over the phone. Sale Product and help customer in their needs.
great place to work
Funding analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: N/a
Refinancing costumer cars
I learned about different people and how the system worked
My manager was good to me and was very understanding
My co-workers were ok I still speak with some of them
The most enjoyable part of the job was my job
Customer Service
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee), Rockaway Park, NYJuly 1, 2015
I loved the job didn't like the secret shoppers. The quota to meet for new accounts got harder as the economy got worst. I would recommend this job if you like people and sales.
relaxed atmosphere
Work at Home Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), work at homeJuly 1, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: back to back calls
enjoy working from home; management is great; monthly bonus incentives; paid time off; holiday pay; great benefit package
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Owasso, OKJune 30, 2015
Pros: Large Company
Cons: Large Company
I was highly impressed with the business operation and possibility for advancement. Unfortunately, I had to relocate and therefore could not continue my employment.
Capital One has a great high caliber for talent
Director of Technology (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 30, 2015
Technology is really looking into the Open Source Movement. It is making a true moved to software engineering culture.
Productive Company
Assistant Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 29, 2015
Consistently achieved 100% customer satisfaction surveys, learned new things everyday. Provided excellent customer service
Productive place to work
SCSR/ Personal Account Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Mangers need more training
Answer phones, Give general knowledge, lower interest rates, waive past due fees, assist with credit bureau reports and close accounts.
I always strived for a great customer experience
Senior Risk Coordinator (Current Employee), ChesapeakeJune 29, 2015
The best part of working for capital one was working with the customers through their credit issues. Although there is a serious disconnect between management and trainers the job is fairly easy if you receive your updates on company policy regularly.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 28, 2015
Great place to work, work life balance is a bit difficult but if you have a lot of time on your hands and feel comfortable pushing people this job is for you.
Good work and more achievements
Ab Initio Developer (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 28, 2015
Love to work in Lead role and development role in high pressure environment and provides valuable outputs in timely fashion.
Was great when No Hassle Banking
Teller, Lead Teller (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJune 28, 2015
Pros: Customers were great!
Cons: Company changed its focus, became sales oriented with too much pressure on employees.
I was brought on when Capital One Bank's business model was service over sales. When this changed, the morale became so low that turnover was common. It became a stressful, and this led to an unpleasant working environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One Financial Corporation, incorporated in July 21, 1994, is a diversified banking company focused primarily on consumer – Read more

Capital One Salaries